RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Trading halted as stock plunge drags Dow below 20,000 - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trading halted as stock plunge drags Dow below 20,000 Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:23 PM

Trading halted as stock plunge drags Dow below 20,000
CNBC-Fred Imbert and Yu Lin - link

<excerpted>

Stocks tumbled on Wednesday as the markets remained highly volatile with the government response to the coronavirus fallout still unfolding. A violent reversal in Treasury yields in response to a potential $1 trillion stimulus package helped to unnerve investors.

The S&P 500 fell 7% around 1 p.m. ET, triggering a marketwide “circuit breaker” trading halt while the Nasdaq Composite slid 6.3%. The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 1,660 points, or more than 7%. The circuit breaker halts trading across the U.S. exchanges for 15 minutes and is meant to ensure orderly market behavior.

Wednesday’s drop also erased the Dow’s gains since President Donald Trump’s inauguration on January 2017.

Untied Technologies shares fell 22% to lead the Dow lower along with Boeing. American Express dropped more than 16%. Energy was the worst-performing sector in the S&P 500, tumbling 11% as U.S. crude prices fell to their lowest levels in 18 years. West Texas Intermediate futures dropped 16.3% to $22.50 per barrel.
*snip*

<_<

It all makes sense...

#2 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:08 PM

Problem is, since the election is months away, the media is going to drag this out as long as they can to hurt Trump.

Scum that they are.

#3 User is offline   AntiObama 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 18 March 2020 - 01:36 PM

It's China's fault.

#4 User is online   mjperry51 

• My Brain Hurts!!

Posted 18 March 2020 - 02:20 PM

View PostAntiObama, on 18 March 2020 - 01:36 PM, said:

It's China's fault.

And Russia/Saudi oil spat. . .

#5 User is offline   Weaseljd 

• <no title>

Posted 18 March 2020 - 03:26 PM

View Postmjperry51, on 18 March 2020 - 02:20 PM, said:

And Russia/Saudi oil spat. . .

The oil spat would have cost us 500 points or so. China cost us 9,000, and has sent the world into recession. I said it before, will say it again, this is all so China's fault I say we take it back in the form of cancelling debt payments and debt obligations to them to the tune of about 4-5 Trillion dollars, which is how much (at least) they cost us for being the lying secretive bastards who caused of all this mess.

This post has been edited by Weaseljd: 18 March 2020 - 03:26 PM

#6 User is offline   GrimV 

• <no title>

Posted 18 March 2020 - 03:33 PM

View PostTicked@TinselTown, on 18 March 2020 - 12:23 PM, said:

<_<

It all makes sense...

Yes, it does make sense. It makes sense due to an irrational resistance to raising interest rates during a prosperous time, leaving the Fed with only ONE OPTION to combat a severe economic slowdown.

I mentioned this in another thread, but it bears repeating-- Quantitative Easing is supposed to be our last line of defense. But since interest rates were still needlessly at historic lows when this thing hit, QE has now become our one and ONLY line of defense.

#7 User is offline   AntiObama 

• <no title>

Posted 19 March 2020 - 01:45 AM

Watch our debt go to $30 trillion dollars thanks to the Chinese morons.

We need to have nothing to do with them. Move all business out of China and to the USA, Mexico and Canada.

#8 User is offline   JerryL 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 19 March 2020 - 02:53 AM

View PostWeaseljd, on 18 March 2020 - 03:26 PM, said:

The oil spat would have cost us 500 points or so. China cost us 9,000, and has sent the world into recession. I said it before, will say it again, this is all so China's fault I say we take it back in the form of cancelling debt payments and debt obligations to them to the tune of about 4-5 Trillion dollars, which is how much (at least) they cost us for being the lying secretive bastards who caused of all this mess.

Make them hurt.

What I find mind boggling, though, is how the media and leftist turds can get all panty twisted about calling this the "Wuhan" or "Chinese" virus because that would be racist and might hurt their feelings.

How do you get to the point where your own country means so little to you? I don't get it.

#9 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 19 March 2020 - 09:01 AM

View PostJerryL, on 19 March 2020 - 02:53 AM, said:

Make them hurt.

What I find mind boggling, though, is how the media and leftist turds can get all panty twisted about calling this the "Wuhan" or "Chinese" virus because that would be racist and might hurt their feelings.

How do you get to the point where your own country means so little to you? I don't get it.

Orange man bad.

If Obama was still in office, we would be casually reading about the 2,500 deaths or so already in America, and how stead fast Obama’s leadership is.

#10 User is offline   Hieronymous 

• Men with ropes around their necks don't always hang

Posted 19 March 2020 - 05:12 PM

View Posterp, on 18 March 2020 - 01:08 PM, said:

Problem is, since the election is months away, the media is going to drag this out as long as they can to hurt Trump.

Scum that they are.

They'll have trouble spinning the inevitable rebound.

#11 User is offline   LeansToTheRight 

• Dr. Elson Floyd. RIP
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 19 March 2020 - 06:13 PM

View Posterp, on 19 March 2020 - 09:01 AM, said:

Orange man bad.

If Obama was still in office, we would be casually reading about the 2,500 deaths or so already in America, and how stead fast Obama’s leadership is.

Soooooo true.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users