RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Italy: The Real Reasons a Chinese Virus Is Ravaging a European People - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Italy: The Real Reasons a Chinese Virus Is Ravaging a European People Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   kestrel 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 21 March 2020 - 05:49 PM

I was sure Pres Trump was at fault here somehow or another...
Kestrel...

thenewamerican.com
Italy: The Real Reasons a Chinese Virus Is Ravaging a European People Written by Selwyn Duke

Italy is no stranger to Asia-born diseases. One of the Roman Empire's most famous emperors, Marcus Aurelius, likely died of smallpox, which came from Asia. But we may be surprised that in the age of modern medicine an advanced nation such as Italy could be ground zero for Wuhan virus mortality, with 427 people dying in one recent day alone. Yet connections with China, Italy's aged population, socialized medicine, and small personal space may explain the phenomenon.
While the PC thought police don't want the disease's Chinese origin mentioned, there's a simple reason why northern Italy is especially plagued by the Wuhan virus: Many Chinese work there.

Northern Italy has a robust fashion and garment industry, with major brands such as Gucci and Prada based in the region. And with "China offering one of the cheapest manufacturing options in the world, it came as little surprise that most of these fashion brands were working with China," the Times of India reported Thursday. "A large number of these Italian fashion and garment houses had outsourced their manufacturing to Chinese labour, specifically in Wuhan."

"Italy also has direct flights from Wuhan and reports suggest over 100,000 Chinese citizens were working in Italian factories," the Times continued. "Chinese made a slow and steady move into Italy and many Italian fashion firms are now owned by them as well. As per a news report, there are more than 300,000 Chinese and over 90% of them work in the Italian garment industry. As per reports, there are thousands of small companies that are active in exports. This region is also very interconnected as well." (Hat tip: American Thinker.)

Moreover, the Wuhan virus (WV) is like the flu in that it most seriously affects the elderly, and nearly 60 percent of Northern Italy's population "is aged 40 and over, of which about 23% is over 65 years of age. This puts nearly one-fourth of the population at grave risk," the Times also informs. Note here that the average age of those dying from the WV in Italy is 79.5.

This demographic phenomenon is due to Italy's low fertility rate, which in some parts of the nation dips below one child per woman (replacement level is 2.1). So, sadly, part of the reason Italy is experiencing great WV-caused death is that it is a dying nation (demographically).

Yet Italy's socialized medicine system may also be complicit. The nation lacks the healthcare resources to treat everyone, and its health commissars have prioritized tending to the young, say critics. In fact, an anesthetist at a Bergamo hospital admitted that if "someone between 80 and 95 has serious breathing difficulties, you probably don't proceed [with providing care]," reported The New American yesterday.

As TNA pointed out, this triage decision might be justifiable if the young and old were equally at risk. But given that "only 17 of those who have died have been under age 50," as TNA also wrote, and that all "Italian victims under age 40 have been persons with serious existing medical conditions" (who should also be prioritized), this is disgustingly immoral.

(more at the link above)

#2 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 21 March 2020 - 05:58 PM

Nu uh!!! The Dems and Press says it's not a Chinese virus, would they lie to us?!?!

I am DERPTACUS!

#3 User is offline   kestrel 

• <no title>

Posted 21 March 2020 - 06:14 PM

View PostSeverian, on 21 March 2020 - 05:58 PM, said:

Nu uh!!! The Dems and Press says it's not a Chinese virus, would they lie to us?!?!

I am DERPTACUS!

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gifK...

#4 User is offline   ThePatriot 

• Warpaint
  • Group: Gold

Posted 21 March 2020 - 08:20 PM

Yet another reason the US has NO REASON to panic.

#5 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 21 March 2020 - 08:39 PM

But... but... but... TRUUUUUUUUUMP!!!

#6 User is offline   Joe the Pagan 

• I'm a Whovian not a Dweeb
  • View blog

Posted 21 March 2020 - 09:14 PM

I thought it was because people like the mayor of Florence Italy were showing how non-racist their cities were by having people hug Chinese people.

#7 User is offline   AntiObama 

• <no title>

Posted 22 March 2020 - 04:19 AM

Where were these pig Liberals when the West Nile virus was killing people?

#8 User is offline   Howsithangin 

• The more ppl I meet, the more I like my cats

Posted 22 March 2020 - 04:30 AM

View PostAntiObama, on 22 March 2020 - 04:19 AM, said:

Where were these pig Liberals when the West Nile virus was killing people?

Or H1N1. Or SARS.

Oh, that's right, those occurred under Barry. <_<

#9 User is offline   NH Populist 

• <no title>

Posted 22 March 2020 - 05:13 AM

A dying nation, eh? I wonder if their open border policy has anything to do with 'em being over-run by disease carrying Chinese...

#10 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 22 March 2020 - 05:47 AM

Remember back in 2003 when almost 70,000 people died from a heat wave*.

*ETA - Died in Europe during a heatwave equal to a normal day in Florida, or any where down south.

This post has been edited by Junto: 22 March 2020 - 06:14 AM

#11 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 22 March 2020 - 06:39 AM

Interesting. So this exposes Italy’s high end fashion world for the frauds they are.

Knowing they can charge more for the “made in Italy” label, they simply import cheap Chinese labor to keep costs down while maintaining the “made in Italy” label.

That high end Prada garnet you just paid $1,200 for was really made by cheap labor imported in from China.

https://www.marketpl...-think-it-does/

This post has been edited by erp: 22 March 2020 - 06:47 AM

#12 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 22 March 2020 - 06:43 AM

My wife works for a very large Italian eyewear company. They have manufacturing plants in Italy, for the high brands, and in China, for the low end brands.

I wonder if they do this? I haven’t heard of any corporate changes in her company yet. However, like everyone else, their sales have cratered.

#13 User is offline   Natural Selection 

• Decrypt the truth
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 22 March 2020 - 09:04 AM

View Posterp, on 22 March 2020 - 06:39 AM, said:

Interesting. So this exposes Italy’s high end fashion world for the frauds they are.

Knowing they can charge more for the “made in Italy” label, they simply import cheap Chinese labor to keep costs down while maintaining the “made in Italy” label.

That high end Prada garnet you just paid $1,200 for was really made by cheap labor imported in from China.

https://www.marketpl...-think-it-does/

Makes one wonder what percentage of a Ferrari or Lamborghini is sourced from China...

#14 User is offline   Joe the Pagan 

• View blog

Posted 22 March 2020 - 08:27 PM

View PostHowsithangin, on 22 March 2020 - 04:30 AM, said:

Or H1N1. Or SARS.

Oh, that's right, those occurred under Barry. <_<

What about Eboliee (that is how the pResident pronounced Ebola)

#15 User is online   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead

Posted 22 March 2020 - 08:56 PM

View PostJoe the Pagan, on 22 March 2020 - 08:27 PM, said:

What about Eboliee (that is how the pResident pronounced Ebola)

Really, Joe? Really?

Had no idea you were one of them. Sad.

#16 User is offline   Joe the Pagan 

• View blog

Posted 25 March 2020 - 09:25 AM

View Posterp, on 22 March 2020 - 08:56 PM, said:

Really, Joe? Really?

Had no idea you were one of them. Sad.

I was talking about pResident 0bama.

#17 User is offline   oki 

• Always in our Hearts Rei Chan 8-30-2006 3-23-2020

Posted 25 March 2020 - 12:25 PM

There is also the fact that many Italians(at least where my daughter was in January) weren't exactly known to cover mouths during a sneeze or cough. So glad she was back in the U.S. prior to all this hitting(she came back Jan 20).

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users