RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Florida man with coronavirus says drug touted by Trump saved his life - RightNation.US

Florida man with coronavirus says drug touted by Trump saved his life Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is online   kestrel 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 23 March 2020 - 09:58 AM

Hope this gets going..could save a lot of lives and maybe a return to sanity

Kestrel...

Florida man with coronavirus says drug touted by Trump saved his life
By Tamar Lapin March 22, 2020 | 11:47pm | Updated March 23, 2020 | 8:49am

Florida man with coronavirus says drug touted by Trump saved his life

A Florida man diagnosed with coronavirus claims he was saved from certain death by an anti-malaria drug touted as a possible treatment by President Trump.

Rio Giardinieri, 52, told Los Angeles’ Fox 11 that he struggled with horrendous back pain, headaches, cough and fatigue for five days after catching COVID-19, possibly at a conference in New York.

Doctors at the Joe DiMaggio Children’s Hospital in South Florida diagnosed him with the coronavirus and pneumonia and put him on oxygen in the ICU, he told the outlet.

After more than a week, doctors told him there was nothing more they could do and, on Friday evening, Giardinieri said goodbye to his wife and three children.

“I was at the point where I was barely able to speak and breathing was very challenging,” Giardinieri said. “I really thought my end was there.”

Then a friend sent him a recent article about hydroxychloroquine, a prescription drug that’s been used to treat malaria for decades and auto-immune diseases like lupus.

Overseas studies have found it to be promising as a treatment for COVID-19, though it hasn’t been approved by health officials.

Trump last week said he was instructing the FDA to fast-track testing of hydroxychloroquine and a related drug, chloroquine, as treatment for COVID-19.

Giardinieri said he contacted an infectious disease doctor about the drug.

“He gave me all the reasons why I would probably not want to try it because there are no trials, there’s no testing, it was not something that was approved,” said Giardinieri.

“And I said, ‘Look, I don’t know if I’m going to make it until the morning,’ because at that point I really thought I was coming to the end because I couldn’t breathe anymore,” Giardinieri continued.

“He agreed and authorized the use of it and 30 minutes later the nurse gave it to me.”

After about an hour on an IV with the medicine, Giardinieri said, it felt like his heart was beating out of his chest and, about two hours later, he had another episode where he couldn’t breathe.

He says he was given Benadryl and some other drugs and that when he woke up around 4:45 a.m., it was “like nothing ever happened.”

He’s since had no fever or pain and can breathe again. Giardinieri said doctors believe the episodes he experienced were not a reaction to the medicine but his body fighting off the virus.

Giardinieri, the vice president of a company that manufactures cooking equipment for high-end restaurants in Los Angeles, said he had three doses of the medicine Saturday and is hoping to be discharged from the hospital in five days.

“To me, there was no doubt in mind that I wouldn’t make it until morning,” said Giardinieri. “So to me, the drug saved my life.”

#2 User is offline   AntiObama 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:16 AM

Trump talks to experts and they told him the drug is working.

#3 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 23 March 2020 - 10:17 AM

But remember Trump lied.

#4 User is offline   LeansToTheRight 

• Dr. Elson Floyd. RIP
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 23 March 2020 - 01:10 PM

Before: Trump is using coronavirus to close the borders because he's racist!!!

Now: Trump didn't close the borders soon enough!!!

Before: Trump is talking out of his butt about potential "cures", he needs to spend more time with medical experts!!!

Now: Trump didn't make hydroxychloroquine available soon enough!!!

#5 User is offline   Mr. Naron 

• But you're not as confused as Nigel, are you?
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 23 March 2020 - 01:41 PM

I read of a doctor and his wife with the virus where he hypothesized that treatment for an asthma attack should also work since the symptoms, at least the mucus in the lungs, is the same. He did albuterol breathing treatments on her, and she recovered. Yes, ANECDOTAL, but there have to be treatments for this. It's not causing inexplicable organ failure. It seems our biggest liability is lack of imagination.

I've been gargling with warm salt water and drinking more hot liquids, which is hard for me. I drink iced tea all day long. It's the thing I do. I'm infamous for it. But this is too easy to catch, so even I'm going against brand to fight it.

#6 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 23 March 2020 - 02:19 PM

With things in such dire straits, like Trump told blacks before, “what have you got to lose?”

Start manufacturing these drugs so there’s a frigging major oversupply so no one panics. I would want it more readily available than Tylenol.

#7 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 23 March 2020 - 02:40 PM

View Postzurg, on 23 March 2020 - 02:19 PM, said:

With things in such dire straits, like Trump told blacks before, "what have you got to lose?"

Start manufacturing these drugs so there's a frigging major oversupply so no one panics. I would want it more readily available than Tylenol.

I said that last week and got lectured about how if you take too much of it, you can die. No crap you can die from drinking too much water, but given the possibility that anyone over 50 can be at risk then it's a good idea as a placebo, it will stop the RNA replication on the spot the second you get it. When the vaccine comes out, get vaccinated and stop taking the placebo.

#8 User is offline   Mr. Naron 

• But you're not as confused as Nigel, are you?
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 23 March 2020 - 02:44 PM

View PostTaggart Transcontinental, on 23 March 2020 - 02:40 PM, said:

I said that last week and got lectured about how if you take too much of it, you can die. No crap you can die from drinking too much water, but given the possibility that anyone over 50 can be at risk then it's a good idea as a placebo, it will stop the RNA replication on the spot the second you get it. When the vaccine comes out, get vaccinated and stop taking the placebo.

You can die from as little as 2 grams!!!

SMDH. The Metric System: Killing People Since the French Revolution

#9 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>

Posted 23 March 2020 - 03:41 PM

Big Pharma & Lobbyists: The patent expired 18 years ago, so lets poo-poo this and downplay its effectiveness and push for a $$$ vaccine we have not come up with yet.

You better believe that if I suddenly found myself in a similar situation I would be begging the doctors to give me this stuff. There are concerns about irregular heart rhythms, etc but what better place to be taking this medication than in a hospital facility with all the doctors and equipment in place?

#10 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 23 March 2020 - 03:44 PM

There’s already a run on the medicine. My wife knows a pharmacist and ..... hard to obtain if one wanted to.

#11 User is offline   Junto 

• <no title>

Posted 23 March 2020 - 03:53 PM

View Postzurg, on 23 March 2020 - 03:44 PM, said:

There’s already a run on the medicine. My wife knows a pharmacist and ..... hard to obtain if one wanted to.

Since it is off patent, any of our drug companies can produce it generic now.

Also, Teva (an Israeli Drug maker) is sending us 6 million doses right now.

#12 User is offline   Ticked@TinselTown 

• Unimpressed with Celebutards since Always
  • View blog
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 23 March 2020 - 07:45 PM

View PostMr. Naron, on 23 March 2020 - 01:41 PM, said:

I read of a doctor and his wife with the virus where he hypothesized that treatment for an asthma attack should also work since the symptoms, at least the mucus in the lungs, is the same. He did albuterol breathing treatments on her, and she recovered. Yes, ANECDOTAL, but there have to be treatments for this. It's not causing inexplicable organ failure. It seems our biggest liability is lack of imagination.

I've been gargling with warm salt water and drinking more hot liquids, which is hard for me. I drink iced tea all day long. It's the thing I do. I'm infamous for it. But this is too easy to catch, so even I'm going against brand to fight it.

Being someone who 'grew out' of my asthma as a kid ( lips would turn blue, I'd get rushed to the ER and given adrenaline shots and then bird machine treatments and released ) I have lung damage that will let itself be known when I travel via airplanes and other odd things.

Hearing that there are things out there that will help, the obscure or odd things that can actually show a marked effect on this thing, is good news as far as I'm concerned.

I finally left my house for the first time since the 12th, and, NO, I was not self quarantining, I just had no need/reason to leave the house. I have a stocked pantry, a buttload of movies and music to keep myself entertained and the weather is chilly so staying in seems the smart move while I try to figure out DIY projects around the house.

I picked up my tax return, then went to pick up a few more splurge/staples at BigLots in the big city over the mountain (CdA). They had revamped the store to have one entrance and one exit door. They were limiting TP purchases to 2 per customer. They had blue tape on the floor to give everyone 6' of space between as they waited for a cashier to open up.

The shelves were well stocked, although a lot of their dry goods were low, as were their canned goods, but they still had product on the shelves and I grabbed up some great deals on dry spices, got a 3 piece bakeware set of Pyrex for under $10 and everyone in the store was friendly and nobody seemed remotely uneasy or panicked, though a few were picking up TP.

So, when I got home ( after a brief stop to pick up more splurge items from my local/only grocery store in town ) I unloaded what needed to be in the fridge/freezer and then grabbed myself a little snack.

And, half way thru remembered that I should have scrubbed my hands before I began to nibble.

Then I figured, you know what? If it IS my fate to catch this thing, then so be it. I'll stay home with it and either survive or I can use the time to make out a detailed list of who gets what for my friends to cull through.

I am beyond tired of this hysteria and I don't believe that this is my time, nor is it time to panic and freak out.

I think we are better served focusing our efforts on making the people who have turned this into a worldwide panic pay for their crimes against humanity, because at this point, it really is a crime that has been committed here.

By those who mutated this thing so that it would become so contagious so quickly and those who have chosen to benefit politically by feeding the fears and putting restrictions in place to make those fears grow.

It's time to go at this caveman style.

#13 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 24 March 2020 - 01:56 AM

View Postzurg, on 23 March 2020 - 03:44 PM, said:

Hopefully these people are talking to professionals.
https://nypost.com/2...at-coronavirus/

#14 User is offline   erp 

• Undead Undead Undead
  • Group: Silver

Posted 24 March 2020 - 04:53 AM

View PostLadybird, on 24 March 2020 - 01:56 AM, said:

That kind of stupid should hurt. Which apparently it kills.

There is no one to blame except the idiots who ingested that stuff.

#15 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 24 March 2020 - 08:02 AM

That was natural selection at work. Not even the same compound as the two medical ones, and no doubt adulterated with who knows what as well.

#16 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 24 March 2020 - 08:57 AM

Trumps fault? or just more stupid people doing stupid things? This I would attribute to media induced panic.

Funny cop story:
I was in FTO (field training) and we went to serve a warrant on a sunny sunday morning. (Best time to serve warrants, people just come right to the door and get arrested with the spatula in hand). We went to this woman's house, she had a warrant for UPCS (possession controlled sub: Meth) (felony). So she answers the door and we grab her. Her mother and I are talking. Mother says she's Bi-polar, ADHD... bla bla bla every medical excuse in the world for her inability to act like an adult when she's 29. So I ask the woman "is she on drugs for any of those disorders, and if so we need you to bring them to the jail".

Mothers response was priceless:
"No she don't like to take drugs." My response was "You do realize we are arresting her because she's on meth, and uses it regularly?" She just looked at me. Apparently little miss meth head won't use legal pharmaceuticals that will help her, but is self medicating on things like alkaline and other toxic crap so she can feel better.

You can't fix stupid, but you can give it a court date.

This post has been edited by Taggart Transcontinental: 24 March 2020 - 09:02 AM

#17 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 24 March 2020 - 09:32 AM

Well that’s just stupid. They took a fish tank cleaner because it shares an ingredient with the FDA approved medication.

I’m sure some people want to blame Trump...

#18 User is offline   Taggart Transcontinental 

• <no title>
  • View gallery

Posted 24 March 2020 - 10:51 AM

View Postzurg, on 24 March 2020 - 09:32 AM, said:

Well that's just stupid. They took a fish tank cleaner because it shares an ingredient with the FDA approved medication.

I'm sure some people want to blame Trump...

And there it is!
https://www.breitbar...h-tank-cleaner/
The dishonesty of this insane clown posse known as the lame stream media is absurd.

The text described “a drug meant for aquariums” without distinguishing between a product sold for fish tanks and a product for humans prepared by a pharmacist and supplied with a medical prescription.

Not a big fish person here, how many "drugs" are meant for aquariums? This is just another dishonest attempt by these clowns to harm the efforts of our POTUS. Ignoring all the good things he's done and droning on about stupidity that potentially could be attributed to him.

#19 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence

Posted 24 March 2020 - 11:16 AM

Save the fishies! Don't bogart their medicine!

#20 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 24 March 2020 - 11:19 AM

View PostSeverian, on 24 March 2020 - 11:16 AM, said:

Save the fishies! Don't bogart their medicine!

What if someone does the opposite and grinds down a few tablets of chloroquine into his fish tank and all his fish die?

Let me think.....I think I’m close.....oooh I got it now: Trump’s fault!!

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users