RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Louisiana pastor defies coronavirus order, draws over 1,000 people to - RightNation.US

Louisiana pastor defies coronavirus order, draws over 1,000 people to Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Copper Community Supporter

Posted 25 March 2020 - 03:01 PM

Louisiana pastor defies coronavirus order, draws over 1,000 people to services

March 25, 2020, 1:21 PM EDT / Updated March 25, 2020, 1:37 PM EDT
By Janelle Griffith
A Louisiana pastor is apparently defying the governor's order against gatherings of more than 50 people by hosting over 1,000 churchgoers at a service Sunday and bringing together hundreds at another service Tuesday, according to the pastor and local media.

The pastor, Tony Spell of Life Tabernacle Church in Baton Rouge, said he does not believe his congregation is at risk of getting COVID-19, the disease associated with the coronavirus, according to CBS affiliate WAFB.

"It’s not a concern," Spell told the outlet. "The virus, we believe, is politically motivated. We hold our religious rights dear and we are going to assemble no matter what someone says."

Spell said 1,170 attended his service Sunday, according to WAFB.

"We have 27 buses on Sundays picking up people in a five-parish area," he said.

Spell also told the outlet that police showed up at the church after the service Tuesday night and informed him the National Guard would break up any future gatherings that exceed 50 people.

But a National Guard spokesman in Baton Rouge told NBC News on Wednesday it is not involved in the matter and has no role in enforcing social distancing requirements as set by Gov. John Bel Edwards.

Spell did not immediately return a request for an interview Wednesday.

NBC News reached out to the Central Police Department and to Edwards' office about the apparent violation of the governor's order but did not immediately hear back.

An online petition calling for Spell to be arrested and prosecuted has more than 4,000 signatures. The petition claims 1,800 people attended Spell's service on Sunday.

<snip>

Link

#2 User is offline   MTP Reggie 

• <no title>
  • View gallery
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 25 March 2020 - 03:11 PM

Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes

#3 User is offline   Wag-a-Muffin (D) 

• Still clinging bitterly. . .
  • View blog
  • Group: Blog Moderator

Posted 25 March 2020 - 03:17 PM

In my church we have a "gathering" of members twice a year. This year it's going to be virtual. We will be watching from our living room--on tv--in our pajamas.

#4 User is offline   Tikk 

• Oh Rrrrrreeeaaaally?
  • Group: Bronze

Posted 25 March 2020 - 03:22 PM

Let me assure this D!psh ------ stick that no virus is 'politically motivated'.

#5 User is offline   ThePatriot 

• Warpaint
  • Group: Gold

Posted 25 March 2020 - 03:33 PM

This pastor has it wrong - the virus isn't "politically motivated", but the media created panic over it is.

I personally believe covid19 isn't any worse than the flu, BUT, I could certainly be wrong and would not be comfortable instructing others to engage in activities that could help spread the virus.

#6 User is offline   Hercules 

• <no title>

Posted 25 March 2020 - 03:40 PM

A'Hole

#7 User is offline   whwr55 

• <no title>

Posted 25 March 2020 - 04:09 PM

My granddaughters other grandmother took her to a church service last Sunday, said not to worry instead of having 2 morning services, they only had 1 large service. I pointed out the idiocy of the logic, cannot fix stupid.

#8 User is offline   Severian 

• Order of the Seekers for Truth & Penitence
  • Group: +Gold Community Supporter

Posted 25 March 2020 - 04:12 PM

Not to worry, if they get sick he'll "heal" them, for an appropriate donation of course.

Reminds me of an old joke. Oral Roberts dies and goes to heaven. First person he meets is St. Peter at the gates.

St. Peter asks, "Are you Oral Roberts? The Oral Roberts?" "Yes, St. Peter I am." "Well, hussle you but inside, God wants to see you!"

Wow, thinks Roberts, so he runs in quickly. Next he runs into Gabriel, who says "Are you THE Oral Roberts?" "Yes, I am." "Get your rear in gear, God wants to see you now!" So Roberts runs even faster.

Next, he encounters Jesus, who says "You're really THE Oral Roberts?" "Yes my Lord, I am!" "Well get your butt in there, Dad wants to see you right now!"

Finally, Oral Roberts approaches God, sitting on his golden heavenly thrown, the beautiful golden light of divinity surrounding him. God looks at him and asks "You are THE Oral Roberts?" "Yes, Lord, I am!" Good says God...

"I've got this pain right here..."

#9 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 25 March 2020 - 07:12 PM

View PostSeverian, on 25 March 2020 - 04:12 PM, said:

Not to worry, if they get sick he'll "heal" them, for an appropriate donation of course.

Reminds me of an old joke. Oral Roberts dies and goes to heaven. First person he meets is St. Peter at the gates.

St. Peter asks, "Are you Oral Roberts? The Oral Roberts?" "Yes, St. Peter I am." "Well, hussle you but inside, God wants to see you!"

Wow, thinks Roberts, so he runs in quickly. Next he runs into Gabriel, who says "Are you THE Oral Roberts?" "Yes, I am." "Get your rear in gear, God wants to see you now!" So Roberts runs even faster.

Next, he encounters Jesus, who says "You're really THE Oral Roberts?" "Yes my Lord, I am!" "Well get your butt in there, Dad wants to see you right now!"

Finally, Oral Roberts approaches God, sitting on his golden heavenly thrown, the beautiful golden light of divinity surrounding him. God looks at him and asks "You are THE Oral Roberts?" "Yes, Lord, I am!" Good says God...

"I've got this pain right here..."

lol.. Never heard that one.

View Postwhwr55, on 25 March 2020 - 04:09 PM, said:

My granddaughters other grandmother took her to a church service last Sunday, said not to worry instead of having 2 morning services, they only had 1 large service. I pointed out the idiocy of the logic, cannot fix stupid.

It sounds like they just don't get it.

I'm usually in the the do whatever you wish camp, but having those close to me, who are health care providers and emergency service providers, lives put in jeopardy for those that could have avoided an already bad situation makes me upset. Sure those professionals signed up for the risk, but the rest of us also have a responsibility to not make things worse.

#10 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 25 March 2020 - 07:20 PM

I’m pissed at the New York (Manhattan) area people fleeing and flying to south Florida every day, plane fulls, probably many infected ones. Now all 3 southern FL counties are putting in harsher shelter-in-place measures because of them bastards misbehaving.

#11 User is offline   mliff1 

• <no title>
  • Group: Community-Supported

Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:17 AM

You all crack me up. Now, i don't think this is a great idea, but i do believe the virus isn't near as bad as people are saying. Remember when G.W. Bush was in office. Everyday it was reported how many troops died. Whether it was 10, 20 or 100. This went on for 4 plus years. When Obama came into office, you never heard of 1 troop dying. Why, because it didn't fit their narrative. (Hint, more troops died under O then Bush).

Fast forward to today. If the virus were as bad as they are telling us, then why aren't they reporting, 10 deaths, 20 deaths, 5000 deaths etc...? Because it ain't happening.

I remember 25-30 years ago, I was at church and 10 of us got in a circle to pray for a sick person (that's what you do) one dude said, I have the flu i won't hold your hand. I was like "Kumbaya my Lord". Like God would allow you to pass a sickness to me. I don't think so, my faith is too strong. There are 1000 plus versus on faith and i won't go there. But there was no way i would get sick.

Now, that's my faith talking and i don't believe for a minute i would've gotten sick. However, that's not to say i would tell everybody to feel that way.

I won't pass judgement on this pastor like all of you are doing, but i'm not sure if it's the wisest thing. I have mixed emotions but i don't believe this Pastor is trying to screw people out of their money.

And, if you don't believe the media isn't taking over this and making it politically motivated, then you aren't paying attention.

God Bless!

Matt

#12 User is offline   Ladybird 

• <no title>

Posted 26 March 2020 - 08:29 AM

View Postzurg, on 25 March 2020 - 07:20 PM, said:

I’m pissed at the New York (Manhattan) area people fleeing and flying to south Florida every day, plane fulls, probably many infected ones. Now all 3 southern FL counties are putting in harsher shelter-in-place measures because of them bastards misbehaving.

The Merritt Island crew invited me to chill there for a few weeks, but you'll be happy to know I declined.

This post has been edited by Ladybird: 26 March 2020 - 08:30 AM

#13 User is offline   AntiObama 

• <no title>
  • Group: +Bronze Community Supporter

Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:40 AM

There has already been billions of prayers sent to God and it's not working.

Iran probably created this virus to kill non-believers around the world with their suicide bomber idiots.

#14 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:58 AM

View PostLadybird, on 26 March 2020 - 08:29 AM, said:

The Merritt Island crew invited me to chill there for a few weeks, but you'll be happy to know I declined.

You’re buffalo though, not Manhattan, correct?

See how I said Manhattan area?

Thus while I wouldn’t recommend anyone to travel right now, I wouldn’t care if you did, no need to insinuate otherwise.

#15 User is offline   mliff1 

• <no title>
  • Group: Community-Supported

Posted 26 March 2020 - 11:31 AM

View PostAntiObama, on 26 March 2020 - 09:40 AM, said:

There has already been billions of prayers sent to God and it's not working.

Iran probably created this virus to kill non-believers around the world with their suicide bomber idiots.

Maybe the answer was no? If I asked God for a million dollars is He obligated to answer my prayer with a Yes?

#16 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 26 March 2020 - 12:40 PM

View PostLadybird, on 25 March 2020 - 03:01 PM, said:

Louisiana pastor defies coronavirus order, draws over 1,000 people to services

March 25, 2020, 1:21 PM EDT / Updated March 25, 2020, 1:37 PM EDT
By Janelle Griffith

A Louisiana pastor is apparently defying the governor's order against gatherings of more than 50 people by hosting over 1,000 churchgoers at a service Sunday and bringing together hundreds at another service Tuesday, according to the pastor and local media.

And if some third party(s), unaffiliated with this gathering, catches this virus in a way that can be traced back to this gathering? And end up with tens of thousands in medical bills? (An ICU bed with ventilator is about $10,000/day). That's one hell of a potential liability.

I'm thinking that this pastor really needs to discuss the concept of "Reckless Endangerment" with his insurance broker.

#17 User is offline   scotsman 

• <no title>

Posted 26 March 2020 - 01:04 PM

Tony the Tosser.

#18 User is offline   Dean Adam Smithee 

• School of the Cold Hard Facts
  • View gallery
  • Group: Platinum Community Supporter

Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:32 PM

View Postscotsman, on 26 March 2020 - 01:04 PM, said:

Tony the Tosser.

For those who need it, may I translate? Tosser = Wanker = "Jackoff" "someone who masturbates, with especially their own self-importance in mind"

#19 User is offline   zurg 

• <no title>

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:02 PM

Dean Adam Smithee, on 26 March 2020 - 04:32 PM, said:

For those who need it, may I translate? Tosser = Wanker = "Jackoff" "someone who masturbates, with especially their own self-importance in mind"

Stop being so stroppy and get some minge.

I picked up a couple of good words from an English bloke the other day too.

#20 User is offline   Tikk 

• Oh Rrrrrreeeaaaally?

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:09 PM

View Postzurg, on 26 March 2020 - 10:02 PM, said:

Stop being so stroppy and get some minge.

I picked up a couple of good words from an English bloke the other day too.

Some need a good slap on the fanny

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Facebook