Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more! RightNation.US Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Baldwin, Alec - RightNation.US

MODERATED FORUM

Since this forum is not for discussion, we have made it a moderated forum. Your posts will be read by a moderator and if they are substantive and beneficial to the topic--primarily additional information that can be added to the Halfwit's record--they will be approved and made public, or the information contained in the topic will be incorporated in the the Halfwit's record.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Baldwin, Alec

#1 User is offline   Lisa_ 

• Group: Site Owner

Posted 14 April 2003 - 11:26 PM

Alec Baldwin

Posted Image

Peace and Love, My Pacifist Brother

On the Late Night with Conan O’Brien show, Conan wrapped up his interview with Alec Baldwin by asking about Clinton’s impeachment ordeal. Here is Baldwin’s reply:

"And I have come back from Africa to stained dressed and cigars and this and impeachment. I am thinking to myself, in other countries they are laughing at us 24 hours a day and I’m thinking to myself, if we were in other countries, we would all right now, all of us together, [starts to shout] all of us together would go down to Washington and we would stone Henry Hyde to death! We would stone him to death! [crowd cheers] Wait! Shut up! Shut up! No shut up! I’m not finished. We would stone Henry Hyde to death and we would go to their homes and we’d kill their wives and their children. We would kill their families. [stands up, yelling] What is happening in this country? What is happening? UGHHH!

Source: MediaResearch.org

And After You Got Our Hopes Up, Alec!
Commenting on widespread reports of his claim to leave the country if Bush won:

"I think my exact comment was that if Bush won it would be a good time to leave the United States. I’m not necessarily going to leave the United States."

Source: MediaResearch.org
---
Snopes.comSnopes.com

And the Florida Supreme Court Wasn’t Partisan? Get Over it!

“I never made that statement, but you can tell Gov. Bush to rest assured that I'm not going to leave the country because we have to get him out of office and we have to get his brother out of office in 2004. We're not resting until we get that done."

"Bush wasn't elected, he was selected — selected by five judges up in Washington who voted along party lines," Baldwin said.

Source:
Celiberal.com/Naples Daily News

Following the Constitution (and the Electoral College) is Terrorism?

“I know that's a harsh thing to say, perhaps, but I believe that what happened in 2000 did as much damage to the pillars of democracy as terrorists did to the pillars of commerce in New York City," Baldwin said, drawing applause from the breakfast audience of about 200.

Source:
ArtistsNetwork.org

Divine Interpretation

"When Donald Rumsfeld and the Pentagon spokespeople say to you, 'Well, this is going to be a long war, we're going to be in Afghanistan for the long haul,' what that euphemism means is that the moratorium on criticizing the government must be extended longer and longer and longer - ideally, beyond the 2002 election."

Source:
ArtistsNetwork.org

Baldwin's "present" to Texas Governor Rick Perry

"I wanted to give this to Tom DeLay's lap dog, Rick Perry," Baldwin said. "I thought maybe he had worked up a big appetite up there on the Capitol so Gov. Perry, AKA Tom DeLay's lap dog in the Texas state Legislature, this box of dog biscuits is for you and I hope you enjoy it while you're toiling away at a redistricting plan."

Source:
StarTelegram.com/DFW.com

And he just can't resist doing some Bush bashing

Democrats have been opposed to the move and a few of them joined Baldwin as he launched into a tirade about redistricting, the California recall and Republican gubernatorial candidate Arnold Schwarzenegger, the Republican Party leadership and the Bush administration, of which he said half of its members were either stupid or sociopathic.

"Everything that Bush touches turns to manure in public policy and they're coming down here and they're telling Rick Perry what to do," Baldwin said.

Source:
StarTelegram.com/DFW.com

Americans are Spectacularly Inattentive

"I don’t want to go all over the map here, but where is the protest against this war when almost on a daily basis, someone is dying over there?" he said between labored breaths. "Right when you would want to question the motives of an administration, the country has gone and taken a nap. They’re hiding in their houses. They’re afraid of bin Laden. They’re afraid of Hussein. They’re afraid of not being able to make their mortgage payment. They’re just afraid in general. And while they’re afraid, they’re spectacularly inattentive," he said.

"There’s less critical thinking going on in this country on a Main Street level—forget about the media—than ever before. We’ve never needed people to think more critically than now, and they’ve taken a big nap."

Source:
NewYorkObserver.com

---
TalkAboutPeople.com

"And a lot of this is the dividends paid to the Republicans from Clinton fatigue as well," Mr. Baldwin said on his cell phone. "People are tired of watching the president. People are tired of scrutinizing the president. People are tired of prosecuting the president. Sometimes, you know, the president is a father-like figure in American society, to most Americans, even today, no matter how cynical we’ve become. And people don’t want to think that daddy’s a bum all the time. They don’t want to think that Daddy’s a liar, a cheat and a fraud. They just don’t want to believe that.

"And you had a bunch of people who, for their own political purposes, didn’t hesitate to raise those observations about Clinton. Then people get exhausted. And now Bush comes in. And right when you most want to question an administration, right when you most have a group of people who, more than any other group of people in American history, will use the power of the United States government. In cooperation with two other branches, it kind of is a magical moment."

Source:
NewYorkObserver.com

How to find contact information... RightNation.US

His Works:
us.IMDB.com

His campaign contributions
NewsMeat.com

Posting content to this topic:
1. Read our guidelines for suggesting additions.
2. Check all the messages in this topic for duplication.
3. Understand that this topic is not for conversation, but only for posting of direct information. It's a one-way conversation.
4. Understand that your post may be removed from this topic if we use it. We also reserve the right to edit or remove your post at our discretion.

RN members who contributed to this thread:
george_w_business Posted May 21, 2004

This post has been edited by Wilrulz: 01 March 2005 - 06:01 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users