Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more! RightNation.US Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
Conservative & Patriotic t-shirts, bumper stickers, mugs, buttons and more!
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: Asner, Ed - RightNation.US

MODERATED FORUM

Since this forum is not for discussion, we have made it a moderated forum. Your posts will be read by a moderator and if they are substantive and beneficial to the topic--primarily additional information that can be added to the Halfwit's record--they will be approved and made public, or the information contained in the topic will be incorporated in the the Halfwit's record.
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Asner, Ed

#1 User is offline   Lisa_ 

• Group: Site Owner

Posted 15 April 2003 - 08:20 AM

Ed Asner

Posted Image

Asner Defends Castro:

On the May 7, 2003 Buchanan & Press on MSNBC, when Pat Buchanan noted that Castro “has denied” Cubans “free elections for 40 years,” Asner fired back:

“We didn’t have a free election in 2002.”

Buchanan asked, "about Danny Glover and Harry Belafonte who have co-signed this statement basically supporting Fidel Castro after he put 75 dissidents in prison for up to 28 years and executed the three who tried to sort of hijack a ferry boat and come to Cuba [meant U.S.]. What is it about these, Harry Belafonte, frankly, and Danny Glover that they can attack the American government and defend a guy who would basically put him in prison for doing what they do here in the United States?”

“Well, they may well be put in prison here for those, for the support they’re giving to Castro, the way things are going in this country."

Asner blamed the U.S. for driving Castro to communism:

“What is the, because when Castro first took over, we all celebrated enormously. Cuba, which was never supposed to be under the hegemony of the United States had finally found its freedom. Within a year, because of pressure by the United States, Fidel demonstrated his independence of the United States. The United States could not tolerate a little country, a little Hispanic country 90 miles off the United States declaring its independence of the United States so immediately embargoes, everything began to take place, forcing him into the sphere of Soviet influence.”

Source: MediaResearch.org

That’s What They Said About North Korea...

“I think that the idea of Iraq being a nuclear threat is poppyc*ck, and if they are a nuclear threat then they'd have to borrow atomic bombs from Israel.”

Equating Iraqi Leadership to U.S. Leadership...

In response to a point by Ron Silver that Hussein is not the “imprimatur of morality,” Anser responded:

“Nor are we. Nor are we.”

Maybe We Should Go After the Swedes Instead...

“There’s total Islamic fascism. I also think that there is a strong streak of racism, and whenever we engage in foreign adventures. Our whole history in regime change has been of people of different color.”

Have You Heard of “Moral Clarity” Ed?

“I have never seen him [G. W. Bush] as a man with clarity and vision.”

And I’ll Bet You Like These Heads of State, Don’t You?

“I feel that George Bush's actions are desecrating the America that I grew up in and believed in. He is making us an imperialist government. He is choosing to replace heads of state and government he doesn't like.”

Sure You Would Have, You U.N. Lap Dog...

“I would have waited longer [to out the Taliban from Afghanistan], but I probably would have done it. But that was justified because the UN supported it. Now, if we had gone in alone, then I would have been worried.”

Eddie Thinks the L. A. City Council Has the Power to Save Iraq.
Trying to convince the L. A. City Council to Adopt a Resolution Condemning a War Against Iraq:

"I pray that this council, which will probably be too late to save Iraq, will do what it can, which will be immeasurably strong in what it does in trying to save our democracy."

Source:
Celiberal.com/San Bernardino County Sun

Ed Asner Says, "We Are Pigs":
Recently, at the 72nd Annual Couchiching Conference in Canada, Asner brought his lack of wisdom to a panel discussion on national cultural identity. He complained about the loss of jobs in the Los Angeles area and placed the blame for a myriad of society's tribulations on the Left's whipping boy: evil corporations.

"It's to your credit that you do that for your country," he said. "We don't do a damned thing in our country, because we are pigs."

Source: NewsMax.com

"Hannity's next ... just like we went after Limbaugh".

Mike Gallagher approached Asner at a recent cocktail party promoting the new film "Elf" in which Asner stars as Santa Claus. As Gallagher introduced himself, Asner asked his profession. When Gallagher replied "radio talk-show host," Asner replied, "I love going toe-to-toe with you guys.''

"I know," Gallagher replied. "I've heard you on Sean Hannity's show."

"Hannity's next, you know," Asner responded.

"Huh?" said Gallagher.

"Hannity's next," said Asner. "We're going after him just like we went after Limbaugh. And you saw what happened to Rush this week, right?"

Source:
WorldNetDaily.com

"I think Joe Stalin was a guy that was hugely misunderstood."

In your long and distinguished acting career, going back to your earliest days in Chicago all the way up to present days working with Will Farrell on 'Elf', you have had the chance to do almost anything you could ever wish to do. But if you had the chance to play the biographical story of a historical figure you respected most over your lifetime, who would it be?

Remembering the sad story he had told about the poor kids in Chicago, I half expected him to come out with a political name of some sort.

"I think Joe Stalin was a guy that was hugely misunderstood," said Asner.

"And to this day, I don't think I have ever seen an adequate job done of telling the story of Joe Stalin, so I guess my answer would have to be Joe Stalin."

Source:
WorldNetDaily.com

His campaign contribution between 1993 - 2004: NewsMeat.com

How to find contact information... RightNation.US

His Work:
IMDB.com

Posting content to this topic:
1. Read our guidelines for suggesting additions.
2. Check all the messages in this topic for duplication.
3. Understand that this topic is not for conversation, but only for posting of direct information. It's a one-way conversation.
4. Understand that your post may be removed from this topic if we use it. We also reserve the right to edit or remove your post at our discretion.

RN member who contributed to this thread:
george_w_business Posted May 21 2004

This post has been edited by Wilrulz: 01 March 2005 - 05:59 PM

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users