RightNation.US
News (Home) | Righters' Blog | Hollywood Halfwits | Our Store | New User Intro | Link to us | Support Us

RightNation.US: F.A.Q. - RightNation.US

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

F.A.Q. Frequently Asked Questions

#1 User is offline   Lisa 

• <<< . >>>
  • View blog
  • View gallery
  • Group: Site Owner

Posted 10 September 2004 - 08:59 AM

F.A.Q.: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

POSTING

WHY CAN'T I POST?

1. You may not have yet registered an account with us. Click here to register.

2. If you are registered, you may not be logged on. Click here to log on.

WHY CAN I ONLY POST ONCE PER HOUR?

When you first register, you are a "Registered Guest" for the first 10 posts; During this period you may only post once per hour. This is necessary to control people who come here only to disrupt.

Note: One other small group can only post once-per-hour--the "500 Posts NonDonor" group; people are moved to this group after 500 posts if they have not become a "Community Supporter" or "Liberal Donor."

WHY CAN'T I START A NEW TOPIC?

The different User Groups have different posting privileges. When you first register, you are a Registered Guest for the first 10 posts; you are not allowed to create a new topic anywhere. You are then promoted to a community-Supported member; you will be able to create a new topic anywhere except in the forums in the MAIN category (Politics, War on Terror, Media, etc). See this topic for complete information on all the user groups.

ARE THERE GUIDELINES FOR POSTING?

Yes and we are very strict about them. You can read them here.

HOW CAN I GET NEWS ARTICLES TO BE LISTED ON THE NEWS PAGE?

Any topic that is created in the MAIN section of forums, that has a White Post Icon http://www.rightnation.us/forums/style_images/1/icon86.gif selected, will have its topic title posted to the News Page. As only Community Supporters can create new topics in the MAIN section of forums, you must be a Community Supporter to post a news article.

IMPORTANT: Before you use the White Post Icon, you MUST read How to Properly Post Articles. Improperly formatting and posting news articles with the White Post Icon can lead to a warning.

YOUR USER ACCOUNT

HOW DO I ADD A CUSTOM AVATAR, SIGNATURE, TITLE OR PERSONAL PROFILE INFORMATION?

Only the Community Supporter user groups can customize their user account. Click here for more information.

HOW DO I CHANGE MY USER NAME?

Only the site administrator can change your user name. It's a simple matter, so don't hesitate to send the request by email to service-at-rightnation.us.

WHY AM I THE ONLY PERSON WITH A WARNING BAR SHOWING?

Users can only see their own. If it shows 0%, there are no warnings.

HOW CAN I BECOME A COMMUNITY SUPPORTER?

It's very simple. Just click here and you will be directed to a page where you can make a donation through PayPal. PayPal accepts credit cards and electronic checks from your bank. You'll see an address if you prefer to send a check or money-order.

HOW CAN I DONATE A COMMUNITY SUPPORTER MEMBERSHIP FOR ANOTHER USER?

Follow the directions above and key in both your own user name and the recipient's user name where requested.

HOW CAN I UPGRADE TO A HIGHER LEVEL OF COMMUNITY SUPPORTER?

Just click here and you will be directed to a page where you can make an additional donation through PayPal. We have a record of your past payments so simply donate the amount equal to the difference between the cost of your current level and the level you wish to go to. PayPal accepts credit cards and electronic checks from your bank. You'll see an address if you prefer to send a check or money-order. Please note: Only upgrades to 1 year and lifetime subscription packages (Gold, Platinum & Diamond) will be processed, except for the members that had donated prior to May 1, 2005.

FORUM FEATURES

WHY CAN'T I USE SEARCH, MEMBERS, AND VIEW NEW POSTS?

These features all involve the search function which is only available to Bronze through Diamond Level Community Supporters.

WHY CAN'T I VIEW OTHERS' PERSONAL PROFILES?

This is available only to Community Supporters.

WHY CAN'T I USER LIVE CHAT?

This is available only to Community Supporters.

WHY DOES MY PERSONAL MESSAGE BOX FILL UP SO QUICKLY?

If you are a Community-Supported member, your storage is only five messages, which includes your inbox, sent box and saved box. Trial Level Supporters have a storage of 25 messages, Bronze Supporters 75, Silver Supporters 150, Gold Supporters 250 and Platinum & Diamond Supporters 500.

ARE PERSONAL MESSAGES AND EMAILS PRIVATE?

This forum software allows for no method of reading members' Personal Messages. We are also not interested. In the interest of full disclosure, the messages are in database table and as with any software system it is possible for a database administrator to use separate tools to browse the table and try to make sense of it. But, again, we are not interested.

We do have logs of the emails that are sent. As a rule, we do not read them. However, we will if we need to investigate abuse. The reason emails are not private is that they leave the system and enter the world of the internet.

BLOGS

HOW CAN I "OWN" A BLOG?

This is available only to Gold, Platinum & Diamond Level Community Supporters.

OTHER QUESTIONS

HOW CAN I GET ANSWERS TO OTHER QUESTIONS?

Read our Help files for a lot more information on general usage of the forum. If you cannot find answers to your questions there, visit our Technical Support forum and post a question there. Our moderators or one of our members will usually answer your question very quickly.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users