To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Dublin5

Voice recordings, PDFs, 911 Calls from 9/11, Videos, Photos

Susancnw

I'm torn on excutiing him. It might make many of us feel better ... but what will make him suffer more, life behind bars without possibility of parole or death and martyrdom in the eyes of his muslim brothers?

Besides, according to some, even some seemingly sane people on this site, it was the U.S. government who is responsible. :sad:

I'm in favor of putting him in general population. Don't execute him and make him a martyr. Let the prisoners take care of it for us...I'm betting he'd last less than year.

melissaTX

Annie, those who think Moussaoui doesn't deserve the death penalty should be duct-taped to a chair and forced to watch the testimony along with that scumbag's "Burn in the USA" retort to all the grief he helped cause.

Quite frankly, the sonofabitch should be hung by his nuts in Times Square and beaten with crowbars and baseball bats like a Piñata.

:cry:

Oh, going a little soft on him, aint ya?

:sad:

IF he doesn't get the death penalty, let him live in general population where he can be someone elses bitch for a long time before getting the crap kicked out of him and dying, Damer style.

Edited by melissaTX

ilja

Tell you what, how about we lock the door, and throw away the key? No guards, no medical, no taxpayer expenses. I will personally pay for his half pound of raw bacon every day.

The problem is some Judge would rule that is inhumane treatment and then one day all the illegals who suddenly get granted citizenship will vote for those who will nominate even more activists bleeding-heart Judges until he is released from jail and hailed as a hero for daring to stand up to that evil George Bush and those bigoted Americans who dared to fight the freedom-fighters aka Terrorists. :sad:

I wish they would release the audiotapes. People need to wake up!!!! :cry:

My Name Is Mudd

I'm in favor of putting him in general population. Don't execute him and make him a martyr. Let the prisoners take care of it for us...I'm betting he'd last less than year.

That could backfire ... he could be a hero, or a leader, to the muslim population in prison. Put him in solitary at a supermax facility, that way he has no one to preach too, he's all alone with his twisted thoughts. Let him suffer that.

De Oppresso Liber

The problem is some Judge would rule that is inhumane treatment and then one day all the illegals who suddenly get granted citizenship will vote for those who will nominate even more activists bleeding-heart Judges until he is released from jail and hailed as a hero for daring to stand up to that evil George Bush and those bigoted Americans who dared to fight the freedom-fighters aka Terrorists. :sad:

I wish they would release the audiotapes. People need to wake up!!!! :cry:

Oh I know Ilja, but I can still dream can't I?

The reality is that he does need to be executed, but to me, that still just doesn't seem enough.

Dublin5

Gruesome 9/11 evidence presented to jurors

Lawyers present photos, wrenching testimony to Moussaoui trial jury

NBC News and news services

Updated: 2:26 p.m. ET April 11, 2006

<excerpt>

ALEXANDRIA, Va. - Prosecutors seeking Zacarias Moussaoui’s execution introduced gruesome evidence of the horrors of terrorism Tuesday showing pictures of burned and blackened bodies from the Sept. 11, 2001, attack on the Pentagon.

Over the objections of defense attorneys and despite warnings by a federal judge that such a strategy could backfire, government lawyers displayed for jurors the most gut-wrenching evidence yet in a sentencing trial studded with one horrific image after another.

The photos were of the attack at the Defense Department, very near where the jurors are sitting. Each picture was displayed for just a few seconds each. They showed mostly intact bodies with facial features still discernible. One torso, covered with white ash, looked more like an ancient statue.

“Burn all Pentagon next time,” a defiant Moussaoui shouted as he was led out of the courtroom for a lunch break.

The photos were introduced as prosecutors completed their presentation of victim-impact testimony specifically about the about the Sept. 11 deaths at the World Trade Center in New York.

Earlier, a Sept. 11 widow wrung out for jurors the emotional residue of terrorism for terrorism’s survivors, telling about her husband’s final pleas for life and describing difficulties their children have had since his death.

Wendy Cosgrove, 48, of Long Island, N.Y., testified about the impact of her husband Kevin’s death when he was trapped on the 105th floor of the North Tower of the World Trade Center.

Cosgrove said the couple’s oldest son, who was 12 on Sept. 11, has become angry and self destructive and had some scrapes with the law.

“He’s very angry and often that anger is directed toward me,” she said.

The couple’s middle child, who was 9 on Sept. 11, has been mutilating herself and is undergoing therapy, she said.

On Monday, jurors heard a 911 tape of Kevin Cosgrove as he told the dispatcher, “I’m not ready to die.”

Much of the tape was muffled and nearly inaudible except at the very end when he screamed “Oh God, no!” and the call went dead.

Link

Dublin5

I'm merging the articles that are from this trial. If anyone has any others please feel free to post them in here. Thank you.

God bless the families and victims of 9/11.

Dancing-Queen

This thug blurts out epithets every day in court.

Things like "Burn in the USA" and "Allah akbar".

Yes, this piece of human garbage should be executed;

but before the needles are set,

his arms should be swabbed with bacon fat.

Why bacon fat? Don't get it :sad:

William

Oh, going a little soft on him, aint ya?

:sad:

IF he doesn't get the death penalty, let him live in general population where he can be someone elses bitch for a long time before getting the crap kicked out of him and dying, Damer style.

I'm with you brother. I say we videotape him in the process of being someone's "Girlfriend" and broadcast it on Al Jizeera!

ghost707

I would have the sob shovel the manure out of pig pens at different farms in the U.S. for about 6 months..then execute the sob.

Dublin5

Moussaoui Jury Is Told of `Screaming' at Pentagon

<excerpt>

April 11 (Bloomberg) -- A police officer at the Pentagon told jurors in Zacarias Moussaoui's sentencing trial he could hear people inside the building ``moaning, groaning, screaming'' after it was struck by a jetliner on Sept. 11.

Prosecutors seeking Moussaoui's execution showed the jury in Alexandria, Virginia, photos of dead bodies in the Pentagon. An Army colonel who was in an upper floor of the building described a ``curtain of fire'' and the feeling of an earthquake under his feet, saying he found out later that the plane was underneath him.

``To me it didn't seem like a plane,'' said Army Lt. Col. John Thurman, 39. ``To me it seemed like it was a bomb.'' He said he had 26 friends and colleagues among the 125 people in the Pentagon who died that day. Another 64 people died on the plane.

Jurors decided last week that Moussaoui, 37, is eligible for the death penalty, and now they must determine whether he will be executed or sentenced to life in prison. Moussaoui, the only person charged in the U.S. in the Sept. 11 attacks, pleaded guilty in April 2005 to conspiracy charges.

Pentagon police officer Jose Rojas Jr., 43, told the jury that earlier on Sept. 11, when he and other Pentagon police officers saw the burning World Trade Center towers in New York on television, ``All of us just said together at one time, `we're next.''' Shortly afterward, the Pentagon was hit.

`Skin Came Off'

<snip>

One photo displayed to the jury taken by a parking-lot camera showed the explosion of the jetliner striking the Pentagon building. The jury saw a computerized diagram of each floor of the Pentagon that showed where each body was found.

Prosecutor David Novak said the government plans tomorrow to play the cockpit voice recording of the hijacking of United Airlines flight 93, which crashed in a field in Pennsylvania. The recording hasn't been played in public before, though authorities allowed victims' families to hear it in 2002.

Today, prosecutors played a brief recording of a call of ``mayday, mayday, mayday'' from the plane's cockpit, estimated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation to be the moment the hijackers stormed the cabin.

link

BARman29
Defense lawyers say they will call doctors to testify that Moussaoui is a paranoid schizophrenic. Moussaoui's lawyers are asking jurors to keep their minds open to a life prison sentence instead of death.

That describes all of the radical Islamic Fundamentalists, as far as I am concerned.

The most insecure, sexually repressed, violent people on the Earth.

Paranoid schizophrenic is mild.

He should still be executed and buried with pork chops.

Edited by BARman29

Dublin5

That describes all of the radical Islamic Fundamentalists, as far as I am concerned.

The most insecure, sexually repressed, violent peole on the Earth.

Paranoid schizophrenic is mild.

He should still be executed and buried with pork chops.

Totally agree.

mattdad

May the judge who sentences this vile excuse for a Muslim fart be as eloquent US District Court Judge William Young...

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/963522/posts

(excerpt)

We are Americans. We have been through the fire before.

"There is all too much war talk here. And I say that to everyone with the utmost respect. Here in this court, where we deal with individuals as individuals, and care for individuals as individuals, as human beings we reach out for justice, you are not an enemy combatant.

"You are a terrorist.

"You are not a soldier in any war.

"You are a terrorist.

"To give you that reference, to call you a soldier, gives you far too much stature.

"Whether it is the officers of government who do it or your attorney who does it, or that happens to be your view,

"you are a terrorist.And we do not negotiate with terrorists.

"We do not sign documents with terrorists.

"We hunt them down one by one and bring them to justice. So war talk is way out of line in this court.

"You are a big fellow. But you are not that big. You're no warrior. I know warriors. You are a terrorist.

"A species of criminal guilty of multiple attempted murders.

... ...

Edited by mattdad

Dublin5

The fight for life on Flight 93

By Richard Allen Greene

BBC News, Alexandria, Virginia

Last Updated: Wednesday, 12 April 2006, 17:11 GMT 18:11 UK

<excerpt>

The plane crashed into a wooded area on the outskirts of Shanksville

The last minutes of the doomed United Airlines Flight came dramatically to life for jurors in the trial of Zacarias Moussaoui on Wednesday, as the prosecution played a recording from the cockpit.

The plane pitched and swung madly before it crashed into a field in Pennsylvania on 11 September 2001.

Prosecutors used voice and data recorders to build an audiovisual recreation of the last 32 minutes of the flight - and the lives of the 44 people on board, including four hijackers - for jurors who will decide if Moussaoui will be executed or spend the rest of his life in prison.

They, and those in court with them, will probably be the only ones to hear the cockpit tape, as families of the victims have objected to its being released to the public.

'Bomb aboard'

It begins dramatically, with the hijackers shouting "Shut up, stop, don't move, sit down, sit down, sit down."

And it is immediately clear to the crew on the flight deck that the hijackers are deadly serious.

"Please, please don't hurt me. Oh God, no more," a voice says. "I don't want to die. I don't want to die. I don't want to die."

There are sounds of a struggle, after which it becomes clear that the hijackers have gained control of the plane.

Then one of them made an announcement over the intercom: "Ah, here's the captain. We have a bomb aboard. We're going back to the airport. We'd like you to sit down and remain quiet."

Desperate calculation

But famously, the passengers did not sit down and remain quiet.

There were eight phones on the plane, and the passengers quickly learned that planes had been crashed into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

They made a desperate calculation, as a rushed exchange on the voice recorder shows:

"In the cockpit?"

"If we don't, we'll die."

The struggle began moments later.

"Allah is the greatest!" one of the hijackers shouted twice before issuing an order to cut off the oxygen.

Crashing sounds followed, alarms rang, and, with a tremendous screech, the plane rolled over.

The video came to a halt.

Emotional case

Moussaoui, a confessed al-Qaeda conspirator, smiled as it played.

He was arrested in August 2001 after arousing suspicions at a flight school, and was in prison on 11 September.

The prosecution argues that he should be executed because he withheld information that could have helped to prevent the 9/11 attacks.

Lawyers for the government have been building an emotional case against the bearded man who leaned back casually in his seat in the courtroom on Wednesday, his hands clasped over his stomach.

'I love you'

Lorne Lyles, 35, was asleep when United Flight 93 was hijacked - with his wife Cee Cee, a flight attendant, on board.

He did not wake in time to catch her first call, but she called again moments later.

"Babe, I need for you to listen to me. My plane has been hijacked," she said.

"I heard the panic in her voice. I could hear nervous talking behind her," he told the court.

"Tell my kids I love them," she said. "I need you to take care of my kids."

That was his last conversation with the woman he described to the court as "my Cee Cee".

But it was not the last time he was to hear from her.

Link

Thank you, Mattdad, for the link to FR and those words of the judge.

Dublin5

vert.zac.mug.jpg

vert.pentagon.gi.jpg

Loch Gates

Put a blindfold on him. Fly about 30,000 feet and drop him without a parachute. If he some how survives. Hang the bastard from the closest tree.

My opinion is Moussaoui is like any mass-murderer/terrorist. They want the power, they want the control. The terrorist on 9/11 where willing to die, they died with all the power on those planes. It's different if Moussaoui is given the death penalty.

Dublin5

Moussaoui trial hears his defence

Last Updated: Thursday, 13 April 2006, 14:21 GMT 15:21 UK

<excerpt>

The US jury in the sentencing trial of Zacarias Moussaoui has convened to begin hearing the al-Qaeda plotter's defence arguments.

The defence is expected to argue he is mentally ill and hopes to get "shoe bomber" Richard Reid to give evidence.

A tape from one of the four airliners hijacked on 11 September 2001 concluded the prosecution's case on Wednesday.

Moussaoui, who pleaded guilty in 2005, is expected to take the stand at some point. He faces life in jail or death.

Defence lawyers say the jury should spare Moussaoui's life because of his limited role in the attacks, evidence of mental illness, and because his execution would only fulfil his dream of martyrdom.

Moussaoui has testified that he and Reid, who is serving a life sentence after a failed attempt to blow up a transatlantic flight in 2001, were to have hijacked a fifth plane on 11 September and flown it into the White House.

The defence says Moussaoui is exaggerating his role, and believe Reid could undermine his version of events.

'Death wish'

Legal experts expect the court-appointed defence lawyers to have an uphill battle, particularly given Moussaoui's attitude of open defiance towards the court.

"The problem for the defence is that they can't prevent Moussaoui from taking the stand," US jury expert Jeffrey Frederick told AFP news agency.

"This is his last chance to get the death penalty... He will do everything he can to put the last nail in his own coffin."

Moussaoui, a French citizen of Moroccan descent, is the only person charged in the US in connection with the 11 September attacks.

The jury deciding his fate has already declared him eligible for the death penalty.

Although he was in jail in Minnesota at the time of the attacks, jurors ruled that lies told by Moussaoui to federal agents kept them from identifying and stopping some of the hijackers.

link

Dublin5

Moussaoui Testifies He Has No Regrets for Sept. 11 Victims

April 13 (Bloomberg)

<excerpt>

Zacarias Moussaoui said at his sentencing trial he had no regrets for the people who gave often tearful testimony about their relatives who died in the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

``Not whatsoever,'' Moussaoui told the federal court jury today in Alexandria, Virginia. ``I find it disgusting that some people will come here to show their grief.''

Moussaoui called Timothy McVeigh, executed for the Oklahoma City bombings, the ``greatest American.'' He also denounced his lawyers as untrustworthy and said he wanted to convince the jury that life in prison was ``greater punishment than being sent to death.'' It was the second time Moussaoui, 37, testified in his own defense, both times against his lawyers' advice.

Jurors decided last week that Moussaoui, who was arrested on immigration charges a month before the attacks, is eligible for the death penalty. Now they must determine whether he will be executed or sentenced to life in prison. Moussaoui, the only person charged in the U.S. in the Sept. 11 attacks, pleaded guilty in April 2005 to conspiracy charges.

Prosecutors closed their case yesterday after playing the cockpit recording of the last half-hour of the hijacked United Airlines flight 93 before it crashed in Pennsylvania. Jurors heard sounds of a struggle in the cockpit, someone shouting ``I don't want to die,'' and shouts of ``Allah is the greatest'' in Arabic in the final moments before the plane went down.

Moussaoui said that after relatives of Sept. 11 victims cried on the witness stand, they would walk past him in the courtroom and ``look at me straight in the eye'' without crying.

`Share the Pain'

``I want you to share the pain,'' he said.

Moussaoui's lawyer, Gerald Zerkin, asked his client why ``you hate America and Americans?''

``This is going to be long,'' Moussaoui said. He said the Koran instructs Muslims to fight against those who don't acknowledge Islam. ``So from the Islamic point of view, we have to be the superpower. We have to be above you.''

Islam's goal is to force the U.S. and other non-Islamic countries to ``pay tribute'' to avoid being invaded by Muslims, he said. ``Otherwise, we invade you. Otherwise, jihad.''

He said he objected because the United States has ``by law guaranteed the security of the Jewish state'' of Israel.

Moussaoui also accused his lawyers of ``criminal non- assistance.''

``I thought you had not my best interests at heart,'' Moussaoui told Zerkin. ``First of all, you are American. Second, you are Jewish. You are playing games with me.''

Muslim Attorney

Moussaoui said his defense lawyers blocked his efforts to hire a Muslim attorney and to try to have the trial moved to a court further away from the Pentagon, which is several miles away from the courthouse in Alexandria.

``I wanted somebody in court whom I trust,'' Moussaoui said, ``not somebody who wants some fame.''

``I thought your idea to portray me crazy was not going to work,'' Moussaoui told Zerkin.

He said he wanted to present a defense based on ``jail being greater punishment than being sent to death and that martyrdom would be a reward.'' He also said that in prison, he could be used as a bargaining chip.

``Let's put him in jail and maybe one day he can save an American life'' by being used as an exchange for captured U.S. soldiers, Moussaoui said. ``This could work even with the most revengeful juror.''

Earlier today, James Aiken, a private consultant on prisons hired by the defense, testified that if sentenced to life in prison, Moussaoui would be isolated from other prisoners and monitored 24 hours a day.

link

Hopper1

So his attorney wants him put in prison and used as a bargaining chip? First, we don't bargain with terrorists. Second, what would releasing him to a terrorist organization for the release of one American do besides put him right back on the street to kill 1000 Americans.

Kill him and be done with this circus!

Terribly Swift Sword

"Islam's goal is to force the U.S. and other non-Islamic countries to pay tribute to avoid being invaded by Muslims, he said. "Otherwise, we invade you. Otherwise, jihad.''

We got a little tribute waiting

.....for the jihadee freaks.

1015429341.jpg