To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Lisa_

September 11, 2001: A World Trade Center Survivor's Account

sugarplum

Thank you...so very much.

LoupGarou

You are a beautiful woman Tilly. It takes great courage to relieve such events and be willing to share the insights one has.

Thank you, and I know it must have been hard to write that, however it is the first step in the healing process. You will never forget, but you will be stronger.

Bradford

Thank you Tilly and God Bless you....

ralphwiggum
You couldn't see us, but we were most assuredly with you that day. I've never in my life experienced such a feeling of helplessness. I felt like jumping through the TV and "doing something" about it.

absolutely.

TexMexEric

Thanks.

Guest FranklySpeaking2

Simply amazing.

Great descriptions, Tilly.

Thanks very much.

gundam_unit1

Thanks so much!!

klamhammer

Your story should be one that is printed in every textbook on the planet. It is these descriptions which our children and our children's children should read and remember.

It is my profound hope that, as hard as they are to read and see, that all such stories and images and sounds are carefully archived and remembered ad infinitum so that we may never forget and that our future generations will understand everything that has been lost and understand everything that has been learned, and understand the need for continuing to rid the world of the monsters that desecrate our planet.

And to say thanks to you Tilly, well that's a given! No, none of this will be forgotten.

Knuckleneck

God Bless.

Just a little Whitty

Thank you.

Praise God that He was watching over you. Your insight of being there is something that all should read and understand. I'll pray that you will get some time to go on something like Fox News or some such and detail what you detailed here. People need to understand. Especially for those of us on the West Coast, who saw it on TV.

May God continue to watch over you.

Thank you once again.

Susanna Harriff

And thank you, Mark, or whoever is responsible for pinning this. Whenever we are tempted to forget, we can look at Tilly's story again.

Floridamom

I am so very grateful to you for sharing your very personal story with us.

jennie

Thanks Tilly for sharing. Great shoes. (sniff.) :)

Laura

Dear Tilly,

What courage you have. Thank you for your personal story of horror. I don't think I will ever forget the pictures in my mind that you drew. You should consider a career in writing. God Bless.

USNRETWIFE

A heartfelt thank you.

Anne

Thank You for sharing your amazing story with us Tilly!

God Bless America!!

. . . we will never forget!

tilly

When I was asked to recount my story I did so because being there was so much different than seeing it on TV. There is a special thank you to all you guys that were kind enough to help me rework this piece, as I am no Hemingway lol

I would like to thank all of you for taking the time out to express your thoughts and kind words regarding that terrible day.

While I do often think of the events of that day my life has moved on to some exciting new adventures and I hope to take a horrible experience and turn something good out of it and do it with a bit of wicked humor, something I consider one of my most valuable assets besides the love of my family.

The things I experienced and saw that day will not unlikely be forgotten in my memory but in the end it is really those that lost their lives as victims, those that lost their lives saving other, the people whose lives were forever scared by the loss of their loved ones and the people that worked so hard in the aftermath to try to help all affected that deserve to be kept near to our hearts and prayers.

Then at the end of each day my mind goes to the brave men and women of our arm forces who are in Iraq and Afghanistan continuing to put their lives on the line to make sure that the evil we saw that day never harms others. Maybe one day soon they will come home to the families they love safe and sound bringing a safer world with them.

Much thanks to our military for your bravery and I pray for your safety and your family’s well being….

Bless you all…

Edited by tilly

katmandu

thank you very much Tilly for sharing what happened to you that day with all of us. I actually read it last night but just couldn't find the right words to reply then. As hard as it was to read I can't imagine how hard it was to write, much less experience.

Edited by katmandu

CowboyLee

I don''t really have anything to add except to thank you so much for sharing your story with us Tilly. I have a lump in my throat from reading it even now.

Lee

hollywoodblows

Tilly I wish I could give you a big hug right now and tell you that you are a hero to all of us here. Your life was spared for a reason and your story wil inspire many. Thanks for sharing it with us. Hollywood Blows

Floridamom

I cannot express in words my sorrow for your experience. I am horrified that this happened to anyone, but I am also joyous that you survived. Thank you from the bootom of my heart for sharing your story. I always understand things better when I can put an individual, human face to the experience.

Ptarmigan

Nice story, but very sad. I still feel very sad about the loss of the World Trade Center :) :( :( :( . Also, many innocent people had to die needlessly. What a shame! I am still also angry at the terrorists who did it and they will pay dearly with their life. Sorry if I use the angry icon, because that is how I feel about 9/11.

barrisfan

thank you tilly for your accounts. God bless you and we have not nor will not EVER forget what happened on that fateful day.

thought and prayers go out to all who lost their lives, their families, and their friends.

enabler

Words can not express my feelings after reading your account of that day, just god bless you

LH_conservative

Tilly --

Perhaps it would be an idea to compose a book of WTC survivor stories. I realize that it would probably be difficult to reach some of the people that made it out, though.

It would be a book to inspire hope and never let the world forget about that tragic day. I'm sure it would be a difficult read; but I think it would give those of us that weren't there a true understanding of what happened at ground zero. Overall, I think it would be a good thing.

Just a thought...