To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Lisa_

September 11, 2001: A World Trade Center Survivor's Account

tilly

Thanks guys but mike helped me rework my original story so I take my hat off to him on how nice it was put together. :D

Kal

Tilly,

I just read your story and wanted to thank you for sharing it. I have my own story of that day as well. Reading through yours was a reminder for me that those that survived did so for reasons unbeknownst to us. God bless.

Black Hawk Down

:nuts: :D ;) :crybaby:

wtc_cover.jpg

:crybaby: :crybaby: :flag: :flag:

Guest FranklySpeaking2

I'll never forget.

==========

Those Towers were as wonderful as the people who

worked in them.

I took this picture when I was a teenager, after coming down

from Windows on the World.

I laid on my back, on the sidewalk, to get this picture.

I'll always remember the glory of those structures.

The people inside on 9/11 will never be forgotten.

Every member of terrorism must pay for what transpired on 9/11.

If it takes forever. Let it be done.

Towers.jpg

Dublin5

Thought I'd go through this story again since yesterday had me shaking and crying. I didn't want to feel it again like I did that day on 9/11--worrying where my sister and father were in DC, worrying about my aunt in NYC and staying on the phone with her, my other sister calling me to tell me they found her friends hand and were sending it home to bury, planes ceasing to fly out of Dulles and the quiet around my home, my other friend telling me her brother was one of the construction workers in the Pentagon and got blown foward--has since been divorced and lost himself in drugs and alcohol. I don't forget. I won't forget. And I hope the next generation won't know firsthand the horror that we hear daily. I pray for the men and women over there. I pray my brother- in- law as a contractor to rebuild schools doesn't have to go back there this month. Maybe this is overly emotional but yesterday shook me.

And thank you Tilly for putting this in writing for us.

Edited by Dublin5

Brandon74

Wow, I am speechless after reading this tonight. Thanks for telling your story.

mikeaustin

Folks,

We ran this last year, on the 2nd anniversary of 9/11. We're pulling it up to the top again. We can think of no better way than to recount Tilly's powerful story of that day in New York, and hope you'll appreciate it. We've also put it out as the blog for this weekend, hoping that visitors will be able to take in this extraordinary account. Anyway, feel free to post comments here.

We remember all those who died that day, in New York, Pennsylvania, and Washington, D.C., along with their loved ones.

We also think about all those who have died because of terrorism, and those who've died in their country's service fighting against it.

God bless you all.

Thanks,

Mike Austin

Black Hawk Down

911-1.jpg

:D :P :o :911:

Thank you Tilly for sharing this and thank you Mike for running it up on the blog page.

I can honestly say that there has not been one day since that day that I have forgotten. There hasn't been one day that I don't look at the Philly skyline that is clearly seen from my suburban apartment window without thanking God that it is still there.

I remember every detail of that day but my memories are the memories of someone who experienced it in safety. It was confusing but I was safe. I got out of the city on one of the last trains before they shut everything down; I got home in time to tell my daughter not to leave for her afternoon shift; she didn't know what was going on because she hadn't turned on the TV or radio. All I could say to her shocked look of me barging through the door at that time of day was "turn on the TV!!" We both watched in disbelief while the North Tower fell. And later we watched the tapes over and over again of the planes plunging into those buildings and of the people jumping to their deaths.

No I'll never forget. I won't let myself forget. I won't let myself be lulled back to sleep in the comfortable, calm assurance that it can't happen here.

It happened here, even though I don't live or work in NYC. Even though I wasn't there. It happened here and it happened to me because the people who died that day and those like Tilly who survived were just like me. They were just regular Americans who worked in jobs similar to mine, who worked in offices similar to mine, who got up that morning, showered and dressed and walked out to grab coffee at Starbucks, jump on the subway or a bus thinking about the same small details that I did that day.

How can we ever forget them?

Guest OCCASparky

As sad as it may seem, even a mere three years since the most horrific attack on our soil, we DO need to be reminded of the horror from those who lived it (and those who died because of it). Sadder still, some just want to forget, like the buildings and the people inside them never existed.

How sad that there are people who even after an event of this magnitude still refuse to accept or fail to understand the magnitude of the evil which we face. Words like "understanding" and "negotiating" are not appropriate in this situation. Tilly, I applaud your courage in what was the most horrific and stressful time any human being could ever be expected to endure. You have shown through your actions that day and since that the human spirit is a resilient one.

Bless you, and all those affected by this terrible act.

NEVER FORGET

firefly1

I somehow missed this story the first time around. I am so glad that you have reran this account as I believe we all have let time and circumstances cloud our perspective as to the seriousness of this terrible strike to our nation.

Thank you Tilly and RightNation for reminding us. God Bless You and God Bless America.

Istari

Thanks so much for your story Tilly.

You have brought me back to 2001 again.

I remember the feeling of wondering if my uncle was in the Pentagon when it was hit, as he worked there often. I wondered if my aunt's husband was safe since he was a Fireman in the DC area. This has all come back to me now, three years later. I feel the sorrow and anger once again. The sorrow for those lost, and the anger towards those who did this. We should never let that go. Despite this sorrow and anger being painful to hold on to, it steels our resolve; that this resolve will ensure that this heinous act never go unpunished and those that commit such acts will never get a chance do anything remotely similar.

May God bless you Tilly and others that survived.

May God bless the souls of those that did not survive and their families that bear the grief.

May God bless our soldiers, which as we speak, fight to ensure that anyone that would contemplate such deeds will never find a safe place to rest.

May God give wisdom to our leaders that they may make the right decisions to eliminate this evil threat to humanity.

And finally, may God bless the American citizen that resolves to never forget.

:D

tilly

I was so very lucky it was just a day for me, for those that lost a child, husband,wife, parent, brother or sister it was a life sentance.

I am grateful to those that gave so much including their lives so many could be here today, myself included.

There are no real words but I thank you.

Edited by tilly

Guest AFbrat
I am grateful to those that gave so much including their lives so many could be here today, myself included.

Thank you again Tilly for being a part of this forum. And, yes, I vowed that day to do all I can to support the people who keep us safe and to make sure, in any small way I can, that those who lost their lives, did not die in vain.

I was able to watch a part of the rememberance ceremonies yesterday morning.

I will never forget and I will never lose the determination that day brought to see this thing through.

SpicyTexan

Tilly, thank you so much for telling us your first-hand story. It did give me a complete new perspective of 9/11. It's like a different story that I got from TV. I admire your wisdom and decisive mind that led you to survival. Also I would love to praise you for helping those two grandmas out. Hope they made their way out, though. Your buying shoes at the middle of running for life did have some humor that I had to laugh while I was reading.

I have sent this link to all my dear friends so that they can share with you. God bless you and hope you have a wonderful life!

Edited by SpicyTexan

thorgist

Thank you Tilly, your story has touched me and reminded me why the Left must be defeated this election. I can't escape what happened that day and am just happy to have read your account. The only other account I read that touched me in the same way was the one about the gentleman that was leading people out and went back in to make sure he didn't miss any. He didn't make it out, I forgot his name as it was a story right after that terrible day. People like you and him are what make me glad to be an AMERICAN! Anyone that has a problem with that, just too bad.

Once again thank you for your story and god bless you and our country!

Sid....

Buster

Wow, I've just read this for the first time. I'm about in tears. I cannot believe I've never seen it. My wife's family on LI knew some people who never made it out and we had a relative who was stuck in traffic trying to get to work in one of the towers.

I hope you can heal from this, Tilly. I pray that you do.

diabolita23

Thank you for your moving story. May God be with you.

Lately I've noticed increasing references to Bush pr the American government being behind 9/11 in popular culture. It sickens me that that this idea has made it into our collective unconscious, and that the liberal media examines these themes in films, books and video games. I am trying to compile a list of examples - anyone know of any?

rosierita

i just found this too. thanks for telling your story tilly. may God richly bless your life. :popcorn:

Cardinal_Fan

How can I reply to this?

God bless you Tilly.

Nann
think back to maybe what could have been done, although I know that no one could fully anticipate the scope of these events.

Noone could have forseen nor fully anticipated the scope of the events of Sept. 11th Tilly. I am so thankful to have been a recipiant of your story. God Bless you each day you live.

Nann

Terribly Swift Sword

Crying_Eagle.jpg

.......WE WILL NEVER FORGET!

Terribly Swift Sword
911-1.jpg
========These lights should be ON tonight========

* * * *to commemorate another VICTORY* * * *

__________in the War on Terrorism_________

Edited by Terribly Swift Sword

USNRETWIFE

I just came back and reread Tilly's story again. I do several times a year. And about once a year (I hope you don't mind, Tilly) I send it out to my family via email. I just think it's important for people to never forget what happened.