To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Floridamom

Phil Robertson suspended from Duck Dynasty 'indefinitely'

Rate this topic

Floridamom

'We are extremely disappointed': Phil Robertson suspended from Duck Dynasty 'indefinitely' after shocking anti-gay comments

DailyMail.co.uk

Phil Robertson has been suspended 'indefinitely' from Duck Dynasty after he linked homosexuality to bestiality.

The network which airs the show, A&E, has broken its silence following the reality star's shocking comments.

A statement released on Wednesday to Entertainment Weekly read: 'We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson’s comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty.

'His personal views in no way reflect those of A&E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely.'

The network further confirmed to the publication that Phil will not be appearing on Duck Dynasty until further notice. His family will remain on the show.

The 67-year-old came under fire from gay rights group GLAAD after making the homophobic comments in the January 2014 issue of GQ magazine.

He told the magazine: 'Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong… Sin becomes fine. Start with homosexual behaviour and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.'

Phil, who claims to be devoutly Christian, then grouped homosexuals in with terrorists and prostitutes in a paraphrased Bible quote.

He said: 'Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers - they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.'

Phil, who has been married to his wife Kay since 1966, then got even more explicit, stating: 'It seems like, to me, a vagina - as a man - would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.'

GLAAD hit back soon after the interview was released online, calling him a ‘stain’ on the network A&E which airs the show.

GLAAD spokesperson Wilson Cruz told E! News: 'Phil and his family claim to be Christian, but Phil's lies about an entire community fly in the face of what true Christians believe.

'He clearly knows nothing about gay people or the majority of Louisianans—and Americans—who support legal recognition for loving and committed gay and lesbian couples.

<snip>

Source

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Oh, but he does know about gay people, especially the ones who go ballistic over anyone daring to criticize them for anything or say that it's wrong in his religious views and they demand that be fired.

He should have known that he was going to baited by the questions that they had asked him. These types live to take down Christians or anyone or any institution that has morals and to force their ways upon everyone else.

He's a multi-millionaire and he'll be just fine without that show or A & E and their gutlessness to political correctness.

If I were the rest of the family, I'd refuse to do anymore shows and let A & E lose hundreds of millions more dollars to prove a point and to back my father.

The GLAAD spokesman is a liar in claiming that he knows true Christian's beliefs.

Latest headline is that Phil has been fired from the show.

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Floridamom

Oh, but he does know about gay people, especially the ones who go ballistic over anyone daring to criticize them for anything or say that it's wrong in his religious views and they demand that be fired.

He should have known that he was going to baited by the questions that they had asked him. These types live to take down Christians or anyone or any institution that has morals and to force their ways upon everyone else.

He's a multi-millionaire and he'll be just fine without that show or A & E and their gutlessness to political correctness.

If I were the rest of the family, I'd refuse to do anymore shows and let A & E lose hundreds of millions more dollars to prove a point and to back my father.

The GLAAD spokesman is a liar in claiming that he knows true Christian's beliefs.

Latest headline is that Phil has been fired from the show.

This is despicable. The gay bullies are out in force and A&E is behaving like typical cowards. Thing is, Phil Robertson doesn't care whether others approve of his opinions or not, nor is he likely to be concerned about this action. I will no longer watch A&E. It is absolutely shameful to allow bullies to run their TV network.

Kilmerfan

Up yours A&E. You fascist chicken#$ t scum.

That is the only good show you had.

Kilmerfan

" A&E we will only allow you to say Jesus as a swear word.".

This is despicable. The gay bullies are out in force and A&E is behaving like typical cowards. Thing is, Phil Robertson doesn't care whether others approve of his opinions or not, nor is he likely to be concerned about this action. I will no longer watch A&E. It is absolutely shameful to allow bullies to run their TV network.

Oh I agree!

Just wait, there will be a HUGE backlash on this!

I have been noticing within the last two months that most people around me are finally reaching the point of vocal anger about what has been happening to our country lately and they've had enough.

Not even the black liberal people I work with have dared to brag about Obama anymore. Even most of them finally realize how they have been screwed.

As a matter of fact, most of them (the Obama huggers) watch and LOVE Duck Dynasty and when I told them what happened to Phil and why they got pissed!

The progressive commies think they have us all brainwashed and hopelessly under their control but I can honestly say that the backlash is FINALLY starting to happen! I didn't have much hope to ever see it but just watch what happens this next year. People have been quietly accepting this crap but now are getting to the point where enough is enough and the push back is coming!

Moderator T

Phil was looking for a way out and it looks like he's found it. It'll be interesting to see what the family does. Do they stick to their values or kowtow to A&E for money? I heard that Jace and Jeb want out as well, especially since Jace's son was contemplating suicide for a while over the show.

Fame has a price and takes a toll on individuals and families. No more privacy, ever. Your life is under the public's and muck raker's microscopes. Your every choice or word is scrutinized.

I hope the rest of the family quits the show and that A & E takes it really hard in the wallet.

I would also like to see the Robertson's sue GLAAD for damages.

This reminds me of how Discovery tried to sue the Hillstrands over refusing to do shows for them outside of "The Deadliest Catch". They wanted out of their contract for "Hillstranded" which was going to be just about the Hillstrand's day to day lives with their crab boat and family activities. Discovery threatened to take everything from them, their business, money, homes, everything of value for $3 million until word got out and the huge public opinion backlash that resulted.

Moderator T

The reaction to this show while typical of the victim mentality is still somewhat surprising. This show has two types of fans that I've seen:

1) The semi-conservative or outright conservative viewers who like the family's values.

2) The liberals who like to laugh at the (in their minds) funny backwards moronic hillbillies.

Group 1 shouldn't be surprised at Phil's religious stance on this issue, and group 2 shouldn't be surprised when a funny backwards moronic hillbilly does something funny, backwards, or moronic.

Liberals laugh at backwards moronic hillbillies?

Multi-millionaire hillbillies are moronic?

The liberals are the real morons.

The Robertsons came here to the Ky. State Fair this past summer and pretty much sold out their show every night.

Somebody sure likes what they've got to say, that's for damned sure.

fishandchips

To call Robertson's comments "homophobic" is ridiculous. He is a devout Christian who stated that homosexuals are doing wrong in the eyes of God, which is the only conclusion you can come to if you read Scripture from his denominational point of view. I'm not sure what his exact meaning is when he says that homosexuals do not inherit the "kingdom of God" -- they don't go to heaven? -- but there is no detectable phobia in his comments. "Phobia" means an irrational fear or hatred of something, but Robertson is not being irrational if he begins from a religious premise that homosexuality is a sin and concludes that, as sinners, homosexuals do not receive God's approval.

That is easy for me, a gay atheist, to understand.

Ticked@TinselTown

So let me get this straight.

This man is not allowed to give his personal point of view during an interview with a magazine?

There was no insult, no slur, no furious, rabid attack like Alec Baldwin's rant.

He merely stated his feelings and provided backup.

So this means that there is no free speech in this country and A&E have opted to fire the man for exercising his right to give his opinions when asked for them.

He was not speaking as a spokesman for A&E, he was being interviewed as himself.

The fact that A&E got all freaked out and started making these kinds of statements tells you that the world abounds in morons.

And an inexhaustible source of 'victims' eager to wail about being discriminated against and offended because someone doesn't agree with their lifestyle, their culture or their actions.

Moderator T

Liberals laugh at backwards moronic hillbillies?

Multi-millionaire hillbillies are moronic?

The liberals are the real morons.

The Robertsons came here to the Ky. State Fair this past summer and pretty much sold out their show every night.

Somebody sure likes what they've got to say, that's for damned sure.

In the eyes of the liberals, yes they are backwards moronic hillbillies. That they're multi-millionaires, that two have masters degrees, or that one went through nursing school is irrelevant. They wear camo, go hunting, talk all funny, have crazy beards, etc is all that matters.

To call Robertson's comments "homophobic" is ridiculous. He is a devout Christian who stated that homosexuals are doing wrong in the eyes of God, which is the only conclusion you can come to if you read Scripture from his denominational point of view. I'm not sure what his exact meaning is when he says that homosexuals do not inherit the "kingdom of God" -- they don't go to heaven? -- but there is no detectable phobia in his comments. "Phobia" means an irrational fear or hatred of something, but Robertson is not being irrational if he begins from a religious premise that homosexuality is a sin and concludes that, as sinners, homosexuals do not receive God's approval.

That is easy for me, a gay atheist, to understand.

That's because you are as people should be; a live and let live person and not seeking out to ruin and destroy all those who don't agree even when they aren't even being harassed by those people.

These militant gay groups just live to sue, destroy, and ruin those who do not bow and submit to their will and love to force themselves into/onto any moral based person, group or institution so that they can force unwilling acceptance and promote their lifestyle, especially to children.

These types do not represent the majority by any means, but yet here they are.

In the eyes of the liberals, yes they are backwards moronic hillbillies. That they're multi-millionaires, that two have masters degrees, or that one went through nursing school is irrelevant. They wear camo, go hunting, talk all funny, have crazy beards, etc is all that matters.

Again, yet it's these libs who are the real morons and couldn't survive a day out of the city slicker lifestyle.

The same goes for anyone who makes fun of farmers or hillbillies because none of them could ever survive on their own. They'd starve to death quickly if the SHTF.

Kilmerfan

Strangely the Gay Mafia has no problem with Alec Baldwins hate talk.

So let me get this straight.

This man is not allowed to give his personal point of view during an interview with a magazine?

There was no insult, no slur, no furious, rabid attack like Alec Baldwin's rant.

He merely stated his feelings and provided backup.

So this means that there is no free speech in this country and A&E have opted to fire the man for exercising his right to give his opinions when asked for them.

He was not speaking as a spokesman for A&E, he was being interviewed as himself.

The fact that A&E got all freaked out and started making these kinds of statements tells you that the world abounds in morons.

And an inexhaustible source of 'victims' eager to wail about being discriminated against and offended because someone doesn't agree with their lifestyle, their culture or their actions.

Liberals, progressives, militant racists and militant gays only believe that the first amendment is for them only. All moral, law abiding, decent, productive people are exempted to them.

There was nothing hateful or abusive about what Phil Robertson said at all.

It's just that these low lifes have a chip on their shoulders and get a kick out of attacking those they do not like as they preach about the "need for tolerance" as they have none for others.

Nor Martin Bashir. <_<

AnnieGotHerGun

I caught the replay of Megan Kelly's show on Fox tonight. The panel discussing this had Monica Crowley and two men, one an attorney and one a gay guy, don't know their names. The gay guy was all up in it, victimhood just pouring from him! How dare Phil Robertson say the things he said! He was almost crying, Phil's words were so hurtful and horrible. I could not stop laughing. I know some gay folks who love Duck Dynasty because it's funny. They are not victims, they live their lives and want others to live their's. The fact that most folks don't agree with their lifestyle does not bother them, and they don't go around trying to cram their ideals down the throats of others. That's how it should be, not some whiney-assed idiot who couldn't wait to jump on the victim train.

Loch Gates

Phil was looking for a way out and it looks like he's found it. It'll be interesting to see what the family does. Do they stick to their values or kowtow to A&E for money? I heard that Jace and Jeb want out as well, especially since Jace's son was contemplating suicide for a while over the show.

I think they've already kowtowed long enough for money. After the first couple of seasons the show changed for the worse. It became an amusing sitcom and nothing else. The show is still enjoyable because the family is so likable, but I would have no problem if the Robertson family decided to leave.

JerryL

That's because you are as people should be; a live and let live person and not seeking out to ruin and destroy all those who don't agree even when they aren't even being harassed by those people.

These militant gay groups just live to sue, destroy, and ruin those who do not bow and submit to their will and love to force themselves into/onto any moral based person, group or institution so that they can force unwilling acceptance and promote their lifestyle, especially to children.

These types do not represent the majority by any means, but yet here they are.

Effectively, what we have is a minority of an already small minority dictating to the vast majority.

Nothing he said was hateful, insulting, vile, threatening, or otherwise bad. Yet this minority of a minority who are so insecure that they have to make everything about where they put their penises or their tongues make a clamor and the majority caves in to them. I really, REALLY despise PC.

That being said, this is not a "Free Speech" issue. A&E is a business and they have the right to run their business as they see fit. They are not preventing him from saying what he wants, only preventing him from being associated with A&E if he is going to say it. I personally hopes this bites them in their PC caving into whiney "victims" butts, but it is their choice.

Diamond369

Or even less hatred for Martin Bashir's it seems. I was shocked to learn that A&E would do this.

ilja

I'm just shocked it took this long and that Duck Dynasty was allowed to air as it has been.

corporal_little

I think it's funny that the people who have been using the militant gay movement, the media and the courts to crush conservatives and push a leftist political agenda will have been defeated by only two things - a chicken joint and a bearded redneck from the woods of Louisiana.

Gertie Keddle

‘Duck Dynasty’ vs. ‘Pajama Boy’: Two Americas?

Matt Lewis

Daily Caller

Excerpt:

<edit>

I’ll make another observation: This may be an attack on “unsophisticated” country folks as much as it is an attack on orthodox Christianity.

When you consider the more effete, cosmopolitan America that “Pajama Boy” represents, you’ll get a sense for why the Duck Dynasty folks are out of touch with today’s acceptable norms. There is a huge schism between red state America and blue state America, and these two stories seem to symbolize the yawning chasm.

Article