To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Floridamom

Phil Robertson suspended from Duck Dynasty 'indefinitely'

Rate this topic

RationalThought

You see no difference between offering a disapproving opinion of homosexuality and joking about a disease that has killed millions of people?

Of course there's a difference. Each statement uses different words. It's up to the employer to judge whether a statement is acceptable or not. Both employers judged NOT.

RationalThought

fishandchips

Of course there's a difference. Each statement uses different words. It's up to the employer to judge whether a statement is acceptable or not. Both employers judged NOT.

RationalThought

If you admit that there is a difference then you have to accept that members of this site will react differently to each statement and its consequences. It may dawn on you that the obvious moral difference between Robertson and Sacco produces different reactions in observers. Then again, it may not.

Either way, while you're complimenting yourself for being so consistent, you just torpedoed your own rather lame accusation that this site's members are hypocrites.

Edited by fishandchips

fishandchips

He doesn't because he believes that Trig Palin is not Sarah Palin's son, but is her daughter's son and his proof positive is that there are no pictures of Sarah Palin with fat ankles.

That's the mentality of the guy your dealing with.

He thinks that the Constitution was based on the steam engine. Talk about rational thinking.

RationalThought

If you admit that there is a difference then you have to accept that members of this site will react differently to each statement and its consequences. It may dawn on you that the obvious moral difference between Robertson and Sacco produces different reactions in observers. Then again, it may not.

Of course people are going to have different reactions. IMO, it boils down to principles and living by them.

If a person's position is "I like Phil and agree with what he said, therefore A&E was wrong and should be punished" on the one hand and "I don't know Justine and disagree with what she said, therefore she deserved to be fired" on the other, they are not very principled IMO.

OTOH, if a person has been complaining that A&E is trampling Phil's "free speech" and a company should not be able to fire someone regardless of their statements off the job, that person is most definitely a hypocrite in not holding the same standard for EVERYONE who says something off the job for which they get fired, Justine included.

Those are the two possibilities I see in play here: a lack of principles OR hypocrisy.

Either way, while you're complimenting yourself for being so consistent, you just torpedoed your own rather lame accusation that this site's members are hypocrites.

I didn't accuse all members of hypocrisy. Only a handful or so of the members have weighed in on either subject. I just find an inconsistency in response which I think can be attributed to hypocrisy OR lack of principles.

Is my position more clear now?

RationalThought

Edited by RationalThought

RationalThought

He thinks that the Constitution was based on the steam engine. Talk about rational thinking.

In part, yes that is true. The Constitution is a reflection of the most advanced thought of its era, the Enlightenment. The Enlightenment had a mechanistic view of the world and the steam engine was at the pinnacle of Enlightenment achievement.

When we had this discussion in the past (if I remember correctly it was a divergence in a Boy Scout thread), I supported my position with logical argument and citations. That certainly qualifies to ME as rational thinking, sorry you don't see it that way.

I also give you full credit for actually getting my position correct. That's a rare trait around here.

RationalThought

Mr. E. Monkey

He is obligated because he is one of the enlighten elite. If only we all could possess such clarity, we would understand his intelligence.

Actually, he is just a self centered know it all dick head. One who has to tell us how enlighten he is, otherwise, how would we know? ;).

That's not true! He's also incredibly brave!

Most of them question why I would ever want to interact with the right-wing members here. Some have even expressed concern for my life given how deranged some of the members of the tribe seem.

That's right, folks. Ankles is risking his life every day, to enlighten us. What a hero!

:lol3:

Moderator T

Sometimes. In this case, what's funny is reading what you and some of the other buffoons have to post.

This is EXACTLY the sort of statement which generates great LOLs. You lecturing on intellectual honesty is like Obama lecturing on personal responsibility. There is a large group here which has demonstrated no ability to participate in an intellectually honest discussion and you are a charter member. I get plenty of wonderfully reasoned discussion in my life, but that's NOT why I come here.

I don't think I'm "cool" and never have. I do think you and bunch of others here are great fun to laugh at. If you don't like being laughed at, don't make such hilarious posts.

RationalThought

I've posted countless times that I find the Koran is just as flawed as Bible, for very similar reasons. I've posted a few times about the specifics. But that doesn't matter when the self-righteous RT brigade gets rolling.

RationalThought

Mod Note: Enough. If your only reason to come here is to laugh and mock people, it is time to take a break. You can get your "lols" just fine reading and feeling self superior without mocking people here as a group or the site as a whole. Time for a short vacation.

Everyone else: Just because he's trolling and name calling does not mean you should stoop to the same level, so knock it off. I'm closing this thread. If people want to discuss the topic at hand, start a new thread and stay on topic.