To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Floridamom

Phil Robertson suspended from Duck Dynasty 'indefinitely'

Rate this topic

satellite66

If only he had added one word to his statement. Allah. He should have said God and allah say it's a sin.

No controversy then.

Kilmerfan

Or even less hatred for Martin Bashir's it seems. I was shocked to learn that A&E would do this.

Some one brought it up on my Facebook page but Oprah can tell lies and say racist things and not get called on it either.

WFAN

Hellish perverted evil demons at A&E.

If Robertson had said that he found a man's anus more sexually appealing than a woman's vagina, he would be GLAAD's Person of The Year and would have his place on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Cajun

If only he had added one word to his statement. Allah. He should have said God and allah say it's a sin.

No controversy then.

Absolutely right!! :yeahthat:

Severian

The interesting thing will be what, exactly, does their contract for Duck Dynasty say? Does A&E even have the authority to drop him? What are their contractual obligations to continue the show? The devil, as they say, is in the details.

One wonders if A&E knee jerked themselves into a bind or not. I would expect that the Duck boys are fully smart enough to have good legal counsel and know exactly where they stand. If there's a weakness in A&Es position they will find it.

De Oppresso Liber
Phil Robertson has been suspended 'indefinitely' from Duck Dynasty after he linked homosexuality to bestiality.

He told the magazine: 'Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong… Sin becomes fine. Start with homosexual behaviour and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.'

How does his statement "Link" homosexuality to bestiality? If they are making that stretch, then why not point out that he linked simply being sexually promiscuous with bestiality?

I don't recall him being labelled a "Slutophobe" though...

gravelrash

"Shocking" comments? Only to those who never leave the pews of the Church of the Perpetually Offended. Getting their onesies all tied up in a knot.

Taggart Transcontinental

This man has a right to his opinion and has a right to state it. I am sure he's just fine with the whole mess and the reason more than likely that they "suspended" him was because he would not make a public apology. I say to hell with them and keep to your guns Phil. The world may be moving toward oblivion but that does not mean the people need to sing and dance along the way without knowing why they are failing.

Unicron3

NAMBLA is going to be more popular is GLAAD is responsible for the cancellation of Duck Dynasty.

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

How does his statement "Link" homosexuality to bestiality? If they are making that stretch, then why not point out that he linked simply being sexually promiscuous with bestiality?

I don't recall him being labelled a "Slutophobe" though...

And the writer of this article also said that those words by Phil implied that homosexuals are terrorists, which certainly they did not indicate in any way.

Robertson, who claims to be devoutly Christian, also grouped homosexuals in with terrorists and prostitutes in a paraphrased Bible quote in the magazine interview.

He said: 'Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers - they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.'

There was no reference to any terrorists in that quote at all, nor to prostitutes either.

Funny how the politically correct always have to resort to making up and telling bald faced lies whenever they attack anyone, including the writer of this "news" article.

This man has a right to his opinion and has a right to state it. I am sure he's just fine with the whole mess and the reason more than likely that they "suspended" him was because he would not make a public apology. I say to hell with them and keep to your guns Phil. The world may be moving toward oblivion but that does not mean the people need to sing and dance along the way without knowing why they are failing.

:exactly:

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Unicron3

The interesting thing will be what, exactly, does their contract for Duck Dynasty say? Does A&E even have the authority to drop him? What are their contractual obligations to continue the show? The devil, as they say, is in the details.

One wonders if A&E knee jerked themselves into a bind or not. I would expect that the Duck boys are fully smart enough to have good legal counsel and know exactly where they stand. If there's a weakness in A&Es position they will find it.

Even if everyone else is under contract, I am sure there are things they could do to effectively end the show. Heck, they can preach every show about the sins of homosexuality if they pleased. I'm pretty sure A&E would let them out of their contract post haste.

AntiObama

A&E, Phil Robertson didn't say anything offensive about homosexuals.

Now MSNBC has all kinds of creeps that say offensive things about people. They are Ed Schultz. Alec Baldwin, Chris Matthews and Martin Bashir.

A&E, if you cancel Duck Dynasty yu can expect a major boycott by the fans of the show for station and advertisers.

As I predicted, I knew there would be a HUGE backlash over this against A & E and GLAAD.

And the day is very young! :lol:

I'm enjoying reading the articles, tweets, TV interviews of all the pissed off people letting themselves be known to these slimy progressive PC bastards! :popcorn:

They have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve!

Howsithangin

That's what I was looking for.

I think his comments are over the top, and his beliefs a bit...puritanical and bigoted, but the title was misleading.

Do I think the guy is an ignorant ass? Yeah. But let's call him that for what he did say, and not plant words.

Floridamom

I think his comments are over the top, and his beliefs a bit...puritanical and bigoted, but the title was misleading.

Do I think the guy is an ignorant ass? Yeah. But let's call him that for what he did say, and not plant words.

What did he say that was "ignorant" and "ass-ish"? I genuinely don't understand how you came to that conclusion.

Floridamom

I think they've already kowtowed long enough for money. After the first couple of seasons the show changed for the worse. It became an amusing sitcom and nothing else. The show is still enjoyable because the family is so likable, but I would have no problem if the Robertson family decided to leave.

I disagree with the first sentence in your statement.

I love Duck Dynasty, even if it is only a delightful, wholesome sitcom. My family can all sit together and enjoy an uplifting, amusing television. How many of those do you know about?

Mr. E. Monkey

I guess that makes me a "puritanical and bigoted" ignorant ass too.

'Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong… Sin becomes fine. Start with homosexual behaviour and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.'

I agree with what he said. Doesn't mean I hate gays or disregard their opinions or don't think they may still be good people--and I know you know that. I believe homosexuality is a sin. But then, we all sin. We all fall short in different ways.

AntiWeasel

I don't really think Phil and the clan are horribly concerned.

I would imagine that the whole clan will take a break and count their money before moving forward.

His comments were those of a grown man and if that's the stand he chooses good for him and keep standing for your beliefs.

And let's be clear, there is a huge difference between TOLERATION and ACCEPTANCE. Just because I tolerate, doesn't denote acceptance.

Edited by AntiWeasel

Theburninator

"GLAAD spokesperson Wilson Cruz told E! News: 'Phil and his family claim to be Christian, but Phil's lies about an entire community fly in the face of what true Christians believe."

This is the part that REALLY burns me...his statement was based directly on what the Bible has to say about the matter. The Bible is the foundation of Christianity, so how exactly is he NOT being a true Christian?!? He is following what God has to say on the matter and this guy has the nerve to say that he is not a true Christian because he's following the exact beliefs of the Bible?

Whether you agree with the Bible and Christianity or not, it's beyond insane to say that he's not a true Christian because he's exactly following Christianity...that's like telling a fighter pilot he's not a "true pilot" because he was just seen flying an F-16....

Taggart Transcontinental

"GLAAD spokesperson Wilson Cruz told E! News: 'Phil and his family claim to be Christian, but Phil's lies about an entire community fly in the face of what true Christians believe."

This is the part that REALLY burns me...his statement was based directly on what the Bible has to say about the matter. The Bible is the foundation of Christianity, so how exactly is he NOT being a true Christian?!? He is following what God has to say on the matter and this guy has the nerve to say that he is not a true Christian because he's following the exact beliefs of the Bible?

Whether you agree with the Bible and Christianity or not, it's beyond insane to say that he's not a true Christian because he's exactly following Christianity...that's like telling a fighter pilot he's not a "true pilot" because he was just seen flying an F-16....

Well come on it is just an F-16, it must really suck operating in a Single Engine Emergency aircraft your entire career.....

I guess that makes me a "puritanical and bigoted" ignorant ass too.

I agree with what he said. Doesn't mean I hate gays or disregard their opinions or don't think they may still be good people--and I know you know that. I believe homosexuality is a sin. But then, we all sin. We all fall short in different ways.

:yeahthat:

satellite66

I'm confused. For years now I thought I was just a "bitter clinger". Now I find out I might be "puritanical and bigoted". I need nuance to enlighten me as to which is more offensive to liberals? I wonder can I just be both?

For Duck Dynasty, Many Options Exist Outside Anti-Christian Hollywood

Breitbart.com

by John Nolte 19 Dec 2013, 7:06 AM PDT

Make no mistake about the anti-Christian leftists in Hollywood, the mainstream media, and GLAAD; the goal here is to put on a bitter Show Trial until A&E caves even further and yanks "Duck Dynasty" off the air. The problem for A&E and the political left, though, is that in today's world, the boys of "Duck Dynasty" hold all the cards.

What the Left is going to do over the next few weeks is launch a McCarthyistic campaign to toxify "Duck Dynasty" right out of Hollywood. The political left and the media already hated the show for daring to be proudly Southern, proudly Christian, and a monstrous hit; so the bonus of toxifying Christianity as de facto bigotry while killing the show is seen as something of two-fer among this crowd. But whether this anti-Christian jihad is successful or not, it can only backfire.

If the show survives, it will only grow in popularity with mainstream Americans. This shrill non-troversy is already upping the show's profile and tens of millions of Christian conservatives in America are likely to now see "Duck Dynasty" as something even bigger than it was before. We all know in our hearts that in the wolf's clothing of tolerance that this attack on "Duck Dynasty" is in reality nothing less than an attack on us, our Christian faith, and who we are; so we now have a personal stake in the success of "Duck Dynasty" we did not just 48 hours ago.

If, however, the show is cancelled and therefore driven out of Hollywood (no established Big Entertainment companies will dare pick it up) , only Hollywood loses -- and more than just millions of dollars.

To begin with, like James Bond, Harry Potter and Jack Ryan, "Duck Dynasty" is its own brand and franchise; a bona fide cultural phenomenon that doesn’t need A&E to survive. Moreover, Phil Robertson and his clan do not even need Hollywood to survive. Left-wing Hollywood no longer owns and can bottleneck distribution of content.

There is online streaming, the Internet, and a number of upstart cable networks that are not beholden to the New McCarthyism. Fox News, for instance.

Last week, millions upon millions of Americans would have followed "Duck Dynasty" anywhere the show decide to go, including online.

This week, that fact has only intensified.

<snip>

Duck Dynasty: Major Media Trash Christianity as 'Anti-Gay'

Breitbart.com

by John Nolte 19 Dec 2013, 5:56 AM PDT

Nothing "Duck Dynasty" patriarch Phil Robertson said was anything close to anti-gay. It might have been characteristically blunt, but Robertson neither singled out homosexuals nor questioned the humanity of gay people. Robertson focused on sexual behavior, including the sexual behavior of heterosexuals. The major media are merely using Robertson's quotes to advance their own anti-Christian bigotry by smearing Christian beliefs as de facto bigotry and launching a McCarthyist campaign to silence Christians.

When you have major media outlets declaratively describing Robertson's expression of his Christian beliefs as "anti-gay," what you are really seeing is major media outlets outing themselves as anti-Christian.

Politico. CNN. The Hollywood Reporter. Entertainment Weekly. Yahoo. Variety. And so on…

Robertson listed more than a half-dozen sins other than homosexual behavior, including a number of heterosexual behaviors, and "the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers".

It is certainly possible to try and disguise anti-gay bigotry as Christianity. Singling out gay people and not distinguishing between homosexuals as people and homosexual behavior, are two of the most glaring examples.

But Robertson did neither. What he did do was to speak a Christian truth about various sins, and the media know this.

Anti-sin is not anti-gay.

But because the media and left are desperate to toxify Christianity as bigotry and bully Christians into silence, Robertson's remarks are seen as the perfect opportunity to do both.

Of course it is an added benefit to the media to try and tarnish a culturally conservative mega-hit, and maybe drive it off the air.

<snip>

De Oppresso Liber

Duck Dynasty: Major Media Trash Christianity as 'Anti-Gay'

Breitbart.com

by John Nolte 19 Dec 2013, 5:56 AM PDT

Nothing "Duck Dynasty" patriarch Phil Robertson said was anything close to anti-gay. It might have been characteristically blunt, but Robertson neither singled out homosexuals nor questioned the humanity of gay people. Robertson focused on sexual behavior, including the sexual behavior of heterosexuals. The major media are merely using Robertson's quotes to advance their own anti-Christian bigotry by smearing Christian beliefs as de facto bigotry and launching a McCarthyist campaign to silence Christians.

When you have major media outlets declaratively describing Robertson's expression of his Christian beliefs as "anti-gay," what you are really seeing is major media outlets outing themselves as anti-Christian.

Politico. CNN. The Hollywood Reporter. Entertainment Weekly. Yahoo. Variety. And so on…

Robertson listed more than a half-dozen sins other than homosexual behavior, including a number of heterosexual behaviors, and "the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers".

It is certainly possible to try and disguise anti-gay bigotry as Christianity. Singling out gay people and not distinguishing between homosexuals as people and homosexual behavior, are two of the most glaring examples.

But Robertson did neither. What he did do was to speak a Christian truth about various sins, and the media know this.

Anti-sin is not anti-gay.

But because the media and left are desperate to toxify Christianity as bigotry and bully Christians into silence, Robertson's remarks are seen as the perfect opportunity to do both.

Of course it is an added benefit to the media to try and tarnish a culturally conservative mega-hit, and maybe drive it off the air.

<snip>

This article nailed it.

:2up: