To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Floridamom

Phil Robertson suspended from Duck Dynasty 'indefinitely'

Rate this topic

E Van der Vliet

Once again you play Carnac the Magnificent and fail miserably.

RationalThought

Lol! Like I said, falls flat.

RationalThought

Lol! Like I said, falls flat.

Lol! Like I said, fails miserably.

RationalThought

Edited by RationalThought

Kilmerfan

According to TMZ, A& E is now using the oldest trick in the book blaming the production crew for Phil's firing. Yeah right A&E really cares about the crew members feelings. Riiiiiiiiiiggggghhhhhttt.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/21/a-and-e-duck-dynasty-gay-gq-phil-robertson/

satellite66

According to TMZ, A& E is now using the oldest trick in the book blaming the production crew for Phil's firing. Yeah right A&E really cares about the crew members feelings. Riiiiiiiiiiggggghhhhhttt.

I just saw that too. Just how many gays did they have on crew? Why would you put gays on the crew of that show in the first place? Are there no christains on their crews who are offended by other shows they produce? A&E has decided that the feelings of their gay crew are more important.

Does A&E think this really helps their case?

Kilmerfan

I just saw that too. Just how many gays did they have on crew? Why would you put gays on the crew of that show in the first place? Are there no christains on their crews who are offended by other shows they produce? A&E has decided that the feelings of their gay crew are more important.

No, I think they must have got a lot of grief for firing Phil.

Tea Party Hooligan

You've lowered the bar so $33 million in box office is enough to be considered a huge success? I've got no issue with Passion at $600 million be considered such. Private Ryan and Braveheart (ODL and my additions) were both over $100 million. How about $100 million being the threshold?

RationalThought

Look at how many screens it was shown on and then compare that to how many screens your $100 million films were on? Like I pointed out; it was shown on 1096 screens, which is less than a third of the others, so when you extrapolate that, you reach the threshold you set.

Now, I know you are accustomed to moving the goal posts, like a good little progressive, but I'm not interested in doing all the critical thinking and mathematics for you. Admit that you aren't as smart as you think you are and that you haven't a rational thought in your head, and then we can move forward.

Admitting your problem is the first step in getting better.

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Just like the Obamunist blaming the insurance companies for his Obamunistcare fiasco.

Crabby Appleton

Despite all of the irrelevancies and mischaracterizations of Robertson's words, this event has made one thing remarkably clear. Advancing gay rights and protections has a price. It means you have no business having and sharing an opposing opinion without expecting retaliation. In fact, if you express the opinion that religious people, particularly Christians, are a backward lot responsible for much of today's ills, your consequence will be a show or a column in a mainstream media outlet. On the other hand, expressing an opinion that many of today's activities are clearly proscribed in the Bible will earn you a suspension.

Edited by Crabby Appleton

Gertie Keddle

Cracker Barrel Announces Removal of Some Duck Dynasty Merchandise

by Breitbart News 21 Dec 2013, 5:32 AM PDT

Excerpt:

Restaurant chain Cracker Barrel posted Friday night on its Facebook page that it would no longer carry some Duck Dynasty merchandise after Phil Robertson, of the "Duck Commander" company and family, was suspended from the show.

The statement reads:

Cracker Barrel’s mission is Pleasing People. We operate within the ideals of fairness, mutual respect and equal treatment of all people. These ideals are the core of our corporate culture.

We continue to offer Duck Commander products in our stores.

We removed
selected products which we were concerned might offend some of our guests
while we evaluate the situation.

We continually evaluate the products we offer and will continue to do so.

[emphasis added]

Article

Floridamom

Well don't get me wrong - I identify with them too, because they're exactly like me and all the people I hang out with. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's at least part of the problem: I identify with them too much to be entertained. Sitting here watching that show is like sitting here watching me watching that show, LOL. How "entertained" would you be watching a show about you watching a show?

:shrug:

I might be very entertained watching a show about you, though. You certainly crack me up. :eyebrows:

Floridamom

Do they feel as defensive of their resident alcoholics, womanizers, liars, and adulterers? He also called them sinners. BTW, since when is being called a sinner an insult. Last I checked that's pretty much how all true Christians refer to themselves. Pft, I'm a sinner. That's why I'm a Christian. I need God to save me from myself 'cause as much as I keep trying I also keep failing.

Gertie Keddle

In wake of 'Duck Dynasty' star suspension, Sheriff Miller tells A&E they are not welcome

Posted: Friday, December 20, 2013 9:50 pm | Updated: 12:32 am, Sat Dec 21, 2013.

by Mitch Sneed

Douglas County Sentinel

Excerpt:

The suspension of “Duck Dynasty” star Phil Robertson by the A&E Network after making controversial remarks in GQ magazine regarding homosexuality has been called a business decision. But now Douglas County Sheriff Phil Miller is making a business decision of his own.

Miller announced on his personal Facebook page Friday night that A&E would no longer be welcomed to film or produce any of its programs or series with the help of the Douglas County Sheriff's Office or its facilities.

"A&E has suspended Phil Robertson for talking about his conservative Christian beliefs," Miller wrote." None of us are without sin and I am not judging anyone. I am sure A&E made what they believe is a good business decision. Many people who disagree with A&E might choose to remain silent and there was a time when I might have done the same, but no longer. In my mind the punishment is unreasonable.

"I know it will not matter to A&E, but it will make me feel better. A&E has produced more than a half dozen programs with the assistance of the Douglas County Sheriff's Office. They will not do any more with my assistance while I am sheriff. It is time for someone other than Hollywood and the news media to stand up for what is right!"

Article

MontyPython

I might be very entertained watching a show about you, though. You certainly crack me up. :eyebrows:

:D

RationalThought

Look at how many screens it was shown on and then compare that to how many screens your $100 million films were on? Like I pointed out; it was shown on 1096 screens, which is less than a third of the others, so when you extrapolate that, you reach the threshold you set.

Now, I know you are accustomed to moving the goal posts, like a good little progressive, but I'm not interested in doing all the critical thinking and mathematics for you. Admit that you aren't as smart as you think you are and that you haven't a rational thought in your head, and then we can move forward.

Admitting your problem is the first step in getting better.

Thanks for all the LOLs for me and my friends. None of us could make up responses like your in a million years.

I'm certainly not as smart as you think I think I am. There's never been a person on Earth that smart.

The only problem I have is I have to limit myself to ONE serious discussion thread a month here. Otherwise, I or one of my friends might get hurt from laughing too much.

RationalThought

RationalThought

Despite all of the irrelevancies and mischaracterizations of Robertson's words, this event has made one thing remarkably clear. Advancing gay rights and protections has a price. It means you have no business having and sharing an opposing opinion without expecting retaliation. In fact, if you express the opinion that religious people, particularly Christians, are a backward lot responsible for much of today's ills, your consequence will be a show or a column in a mainstream media outlet. On the other hand, expressing an opinion that many of today's activities are clearly proscribed in the Bible will earn you a suspension.

Publicly advocating ANYTHING even somewhat controversial is going to bring cheers from one side of the issue and condemnation from the other side. To expect otherwise is to be either ignorant or a fool.

What we can expect in America is to be able to advocate for either side without fear of GOVERNMENT reprisal. The court of public opinion is going to take its pound of flesh. The only question is which side takes the pound.

RationalThought

Crabby Appleton

Publicly advocating ANYTHING even somewhat controversial is going to bring cheers from one side of the issue and condemnation from the other side. To expect otherwise is to be either ignorant or a fool.

What we can expect in America is to be able to advocate for either side without fear of GOVERNMENT reprisal. The court of public opinion is going to take its pound of flesh. The only question is which side takes the pound.

RationalThought

While what A&E did is not illegal, it is reprehensible. Punishment goes beyond condemnation, and though the "pound of flesh" was taken by a private organization, their effort to limit speech deserves a pound of their flesh in return. One can only hope A&E and GLAAD face the same kind of backlash they imposed on Robertson.

RationalThought

While what A&E did is not illegal, it is reprehensible. Punishment goes beyond condemnation, and though the "pound of flesh" was taken by a private organization, their effort to limit speech deserves a pound of their flesh in return. One can only hope A&E and GLAAD face the same kind of backlash they imposed on Robertson.

How do you feel about the counter example I gave to JerryL earlier?

Do you think the Trinity Broadcast Network should be considered reprehensible if they removed from the air one of their employees who came out in favor of abortion on demand including partial birth abortion and gay marriage? Would Trinity also be "limiting speech" and deserving of a pound of flesh which would undoubtedly be taken from them by GLAAD and their fellow liberals?

Personally, I think Trinity would not only be within their rights to remove such a person, but would be irresponsible NOT to remove that person, despite the pound of flesh GLAAD and company would extract. I think similarly of A&E, despite the pound of flesh you and others are extracting from them.

RationalThought

RationalThought

My wife found this open letter to Phil Robertson on FB and suggested I share. We think it hilarious.

Dear Mr. Robertson,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God’s Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

a ) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b ) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d ) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can’t I own Canadians?

e ) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f ) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don’t agree. Can you settle this?

<snip>

h ) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?

i ) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j ) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn’t we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God’s word is eternal and unchanging. Your devoted disciple and adoring fan.

- Billy P

RationalThought

De Oppresso Liber

Thanks for all the LOLs for me and my friends. None of us could make up responses like your in a million years.

Your petty and condescending tone certainly does not help you bring ridicule to his argument. You kind of just proved his point.

I'm certainly not as smart as you think I think I am. There's never been a person on Earth that smart.

I think you misunderstood him. He isn't saying you are smart. He is saying you think you are smart. Hope that didn't deflate your gut laughs too much.

The only problem I have is I have to limit myself to ONE serious discussion thread a month here. Otherwise, I or one of my friends might get hurt from laughing too much.

Yes, you and your friends are quite the droll little group of fun, aren't you?

"I am bored my droogs, let's say we skip over to Right Nation and laugh at the simpletons. It HAS been a month since we last engaged in a serious topic has it not?"

And you seriously wonder why you get the flack you do?

RationalThought

Your petty and condescending tone certainly does not help you bring ridicule to his argument. You kind of just proved his point.

Just trying to communicate on his level.

I think you misunderstood him. He isn't saying you are smart. He is saying you think you are smart. Hope that didn't deflate your gut laughs too much.

Do I get to laugh at YOUR misunderstanding of my statement?

Go back and read my statement which you quoted. I fully admit I'm not as smart as HE thinks I think I am. I've posted probably HUNDREDS of times that I don't think I'm smarter than anyone else on the face of the Earth. No one is. Clear demonstration of that is the fact that every single person knows something better than I do. Likewise, I know at least one thing better than everyone else.

It's a real shame that so many people here either forget that I keep repeating that or willfully ignore that I do.

"I am bored my droogs, let's say we skip over to Right Nation and laugh at the simpletons. It HAS been a month since we last engaged in a serious topic has it not?"

They have no interest in posting here, but they enjoy reading the responses to my posts. We're quite fun and a diverse group with one basic rule: If you can't laugh at yourself and others you won't make it long.

I don't wonder at all. I do laugh at how ultimately baseless so much of the flack is and how quickly certain groups of people here fall into logical fallacies, especially ad hominem.

RationalThought

Wyn

:lol3:

So your friends are laughing at you too, interesting.

Edited by Wyn

Tea Party Hooligan

RationalThought

So; realizing that you're wrong is funny? You asked me to provide a successful conservative movie and I did. Then, you proved that you aren't very good at math and now, instead of admitting that I did as you asked; you want to go to the next tool in the progressive toolbox, which is condescension and trying to bolster yourself from your own feeling of inadequacy by mentioning that you shared this with your friends and you all just laughed, laughed, laughed. Fortunately, I don't have to share your responses with anyone, because I'm a big boy and I can stand on my own 2 feet and I have encountered those of your ilk far too many times in my life to worry about what you do or don't think of me.

When you finally grow up and become intellectually honest, you might find others willing to carry on a discussion with you, but using the same old tired tricks that progressives always do, will not help you any more. Everyone that read this thread can see for themselves the standard progressive plays you attempted. I will not engage you, again, in a debate or discussion, because at this stage in my life, I'm not interested in childish games from someone who hasn't matured enough to be worth my time.

E Van der Vliet

I bet they sit around the laptop in footie pajamas drinking hot chocolate while laughing at the Neanderthals.

Mr. E. Monkey

I bet they sit around the laptop in footie pajamas drinking hot chocolate while laughing at the Neanderthals.

^_^

RationalThought

So; realizing that you're wrong is funny?

Sometimes. In this case, what's funny is reading what you and some of the other buffoons have to post.

You asked me to provide a successful conservative movie and I did. Then, you proved that you aren't very good at math and now, instead of admitting that I did as you asked

You didn't do as I asked. What you offered fails to qualify as a mainstream success. By the standard you were invoking, a movie which played on 10 screens in various major US cities and grossed $10,000 per screen would be a bigger hit than just about any other movie EVER. That's just an inherently flawed criteria you are trying to use. You twist the standard you use beyond recognition and thereby lose contact with what most people recognize as reality.

you want to go to the next tool in the progressive toolbox, which is condescension and trying to bolster yourself from your own feeling of inadequacy by mentioning that you shared this with your friends and you all just laughed, laughed, laughed.

Dang, you spent a lot of time trying to figure out what I'm thinking and failing so miserably. I don't "feel inadequate" to ANYONE. I suspect your statements along those lines are YOU projecting YOUR inadequacy onto others.

Fortunately, I don't have to share your responses with anyone, because I'm a big boy and I can stand on my own 2 feet and I have encountered those of your ilk far too many times in my life to worry about what you do or don't think of me.

By all means, don't worry, be happy (though I don't see a lot of happiness reflected in your posts).

When you finally grow up and become intellectually honest, you might find others willing to carry on a discussion with you, but using the same old tired tricks that progressives always do, will not help you any more.

This is EXACTLY the sort of statement which generates great LOLs. You lecturing on intellectual honesty is like Obama lecturing on personal responsibility. There is a large group here which has demonstrated no ability to participate in an intellectually honest discussion and you are a charter member. I get plenty of wonderfully reasoned discussion in my life, but that's NOT why I come here.

Everyone that read this thread can see for themselves the standard progressive plays you attempted.

I'm VERY comfortable with my side of our discussion. I'm sure there are members of your tribe which DON'T see you as the aggressor and see you are presenting the more intellectually honest and accurate argument. I put zero weight on your tribe's assessment and opinions, so it's all good to me.

I will not engage you, again, in a debate or discussion, because at this stage in my life, I'm not interested in childish games from someone who hasn't matured enough to be worth my time.

I believe I've heard this from you before, possibly several times. Yet here you are, jumping into a thread to respond to me (I did not engage you). Given that you've made these sorts of threats/promises before and failed to live up to them, the reasonable position is that you will fail at this one. "Everyone who reads this thread can see for themselves" if you go back on your promise here.

RationalThought