To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Floridamom

Phil Robertson suspended from Duck Dynasty 'indefinitely'

Rate this topic

RationalThought

I bet they sit around the laptop in footie pajamas drinking hot chocolate while laughing at the Neanderthals.

More like sushi and single malt scotch, though some prefer the traditional sake. Pass around a couple tablets to bring everyone up to speed. We are for the most part a bunch of cynics and the biggest laughs come at the expense of those here who think they are somehow intellectually superior to those on the left they criticize.

RationalThought

RationalThought

Extremists Westboro Baptist, Pastor Terry Jones Protest 'Duck Dynasty' Suspension

KATHERINE WEBER

CHRISTIAN POST

December 19, 2013|4:23 pm

While reality television star Phil Robertson has gained wide support from the mainstream Christian community following uproar over his remarks on homosexuality, he has also gained the possibly unwanted attention of extremist groups, including Westboro Baptist Church and Quran-burning Pastor Terry Jones.

Today, Westboro Baptist, an extremist religious group known for its aggressive protesting style, tweeted that it stands in solidarity with Phil Robertson of the A&E reality show "Duck Dynasty," who told GQ Magazine in a recent interview that he believes homosexuality is a sin, a belief in line with mainstream evangelical teaching.

"Hey @DuckDynastyAE, you think you can [expletive] on God's law and @WBCSays look the other way? Picketers, rev your engines!" the tweet states. Westboro Baptist also uploaded a photo of what appears to be a protest flyer that reads: "Don't apologize Duck Dude! If you claim to Fear and Obey God, never apologize for speaking the truth. Will Duck Dynasty star 'cave?'" The poster then goes on to quote Timothy 6:10, which states that the love of money is the root of all evil.

Westboro's aggressive and extremist expression of their faith, which often includes vulgarity and name-calling, is in stark contrast to the comments made by Robertson in the January edition of GQ Magazine. Robertson told journalist Drew Magary that although he believes homosexuality is a sin, he ultimately believes it is not his place to judge others.

"We never, ever judge someone on who's going to heaven, hell. That's the Almighty's job. We just love 'em, give 'em the good news about Jesus – whether they're homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort 'em out later, you see what I'm saying?" Robertson said.

Robertson's comments have drawn a firestorm of media backlash with many saying he was being offensive toward the homosexual society. GLAAD released a statement demanding A&E end its ratings powerhouse reality show "Duck Dynasty" in light of Robertson's comments, and shortly after A&E issued a statement saying it was indefinitely suspending Robertson from the show.

Although Robertson has received criticism for his comments, he has also received a widespread amount of support from leaders in both the political and Christian communities. Multiple petitions asking A&E to reinstate Phil to the show have also been circulating around the Internet.

Along with Westboro Baptist, Quran-burning pastor Terry Jones of the Dove Outreach Center in Gainesville, Fla., has also voiced his backing for the "Duck Dynasty" family, based in West Monroe, La.

Jones, who has made media headlines multiple times for his planned Quran-burning protests that have sparked riots and deaths in the Middle East, sent out a press release Thursday saying, "What has happened to him, and to us, is an absolute travesty and a clear example of the attacks against the first amendment and the definite double standard that we operate under in the United States of America."

"And when a United States citizen exercises his first amendment rights, he is immediately condemned by the political system and the news media, with the goal of silencing him, thus stopping him from exercising his first amendment rights."

<snip>

link

Edited by RationalThought

E Van der Vliet

More like sushi and single malt scotch, though some prefer the traditional sake. Pass around a couple tablets to bring everyone up to speed. We are for the most part a bunch of cynics and the biggest laughs come at the expense of those here who think they are somehow intellectually superior to those on the left they criticize.

RationalThought

Too funny! And he actually thinks this makes him cool. What a moron.

Grow up,RT. or at least take your meds.

RationalThought

Too funny! And he actually thinks this makes him cool. What a moron.

Grow up,RT. or at least take your meds.

I don't think I'm "cool" and never have. I do think you and bunch of others here are great fun to laugh at. If you don't like being laughed at, don't make such hilarious posts.

RationalThought

rocketraccoon

My wife found this open letter to Phil Robertson on FB and suggested I share. We think it hilarious.

Dear Mr. Robertson,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God’s Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

a ) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b ) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d ) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can’t I own Canadians?

e ) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f ) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don’t agree. Can you settle this?

<snip>

h ) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?

i ) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j ) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn’t we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God’s word is eternal and unchanging. Your devoted disciple and adoring fan.

- Billy P

RationalThought

Hmmm...I wonder what "Billy P" would say about some of that pesky stuff in the New Testament, regarding the law? He didn't query Phil on that. I guess it doesn't matter, though. Even Bible scholars like "Billy P" can ignore some of the stuff that's not relevant to talking trash and mocking someone who has a different viewpoint than they have. It's always funny to me that people who probably rip Christians on a daily basis are always the first ones to quote scripture in defense of their own bigotry. Whatever. Merry Christmas.

E Van der Vliet

I don't think I'm "cool" and never have. I do think you and bunch of others here are great fun to laugh at. If you don't like being laughed at, don't make such hilarious posts.

RationalThought

Sure, RT, sure. You have great laughs at our expense.

Btw, can we talk with your friends? Why don't they get a screen name here and join the fun? Just think of the belly rolls? Or, are they content with you being thier leader?

I think a lot of folks here would love to converse with these "friends" of yours. Come on, get em signed up. It is wa easier than signing up than at healthcare.gov!

Gertie Keddle

So one of the original "Trig Truthers" finds conversations at RN amusing.

To give credit where it's due, he's got a point, it is fun to laugh at some of the posts here. :coolshades:

RationalThought

Btw, can we talk with your friends? Why don't they get a screen name here and join the fun? Just think of the belly rolls? Or, are they content with you being thier leader?

I think a lot of folks here would love to converse with these "friends" of yours. Come on, get em signed up. It is wa easier than signing up than at healthcare.gov!

Some of them do have screen names simply to read the additional forums. Maybe you've read their posts and never known it.

Most of them question why I would ever want to interact with the right-wing members here. Some have even expressed concern for my life given how deranged some of the members of the tribe seem. Their concerns are one of the reasons why only a handful of people here know my real first name, let alone any other details about my life.

RationalThought

satellite66

I don't thinks it's real laughter it's more like nervous giggling that liberals do. It's laughter born of fear that their self importance is all a sham and that they there truly is a supreme being.

Edited by satellite66

johnnybravo

My wife found this open letter to Phil Robertson on FB and suggested I share. We think it hilarious.

Dear Mr. Robertson,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God’s Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

a ) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b ) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d ) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can’t I own Canadians?

e ) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f ) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don’t agree. Can you settle this?

<snip>

h ) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?

i ) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j ) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn’t we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God’s word is eternal and unchanging. Your devoted disciple and adoring fan.

- Billy P

RationalThought

I bet Phil and his family are having a good laugh at Billy P's open letter, since Billy P seems to not know the difference between the Old and New Testament. Way to show your ignorance on the topic Billy P!!!

:rofl:

RationalThought

I don't thinks it's real laughter it's more like nervous giggling that liberals do. It's laughter born of fear that their self importance is all a sham and that they there truly is a supreme being.

Go ahead and keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better, but that doesn't make it true.

RationalThought

RationalThought

I bet Phil and his family are having a good laugh at Billy P's open letter, since Billy P seems to not know the difference between the Old and New Testament. Way to show your ignorance on the topic Billy P!!!

:rofl:

Maybe you've missed the large number of times Phil cites the OT. If some parts of God's "eternal" law in the OT is worthy of invoking today, all of it should apply. Either that, or it's not really "eternal", is it? If homosexuality is wrong based on Leviticus, so are many of the items Billy P mentions. Picking and choosing is inconsistent, hypocritical, and self-serving.

RationalThought

johnnybravo

Maybe you've missed the large number of times Phil cites the OT. If some parts of God's "eternal" law in the OT is worthy of invoking today, all of it should apply. Either that, or it's not really "eternal", is it? If homosexuality is wrong based on Leviticus, so are many of the items Billy P mentions. Picking and choosing is inconsistent, hypocritical, and self-serving.

RationalThought

Perhaps you should read up on Corinthians (which is in the New Testament).

1 Corinthians 6

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

RationalThought

Perhaps you should read up on Corinthians (which is in the New Testament).

1 Corinthians 6

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

I've read it, I just don't agree with it.

You did not comment on the point about Phil invoking the Old Testament to support his position. He's FAR from the only "preacher" who quotes the OT when it's convenient and then dismisses it when it's not. One of the foundations many people believe is that the Bible in its entirety is absolutely 100% true. If so, those people are shirking their moral responsibility by not killing a whole lot of people the Bible says they should.

RationalThought

johnnybravo

I've read it, I just don't agree with it.

You did not comment on the point about Phil invoking the Old Testament to support his position. He's FAR from the only "preacher" who quotes the OT when it's convenient and then dismisses it when it's not. One of the foundations many people believe is that the Bible in its entirety is absolutely 100% true. If so, those people are shirking their moral responsibility by not killing a whole lot of people the Bible says they should.

RationalThought

I'm sure you don't agree with it, that's not the point. Those versus are what Phil paraphrased in his interview with GQ. If you could point out where Phil quotes the OT in context to what he is addressing at the time he says it, then we can take a look to see if he is being hypocritical. Further, I don't believe Phil is a preacher. He gives lessons but he did not go to school to be a preacher.

RationalThought

I'm sure you don't agree with it, that's not the point. Those versus are what Phil paraphrased in his interview with GQ. If you could point out where Phil quotes the OT in context to what he is addressing at the time he says it, then we can take a look to see if he is being hypocritical. Further, I don't believe Phil is a preacher. He gives lessons but he did not go to school to be a preacher.

Either the OT no longer applies and should be disregarded OR all of it still applies. Consistency allows no other position. Anyone is welcome to be as inconsistent as they want, but if they are they will lose much if not all of their credibility in the eyes of those who value consistency.

RationalThought

E Van der Vliet

Some of them do have screen names simply to read the additional forums. Maybe you've read their posts and never known it.

Most of them question why I would ever want to interact with the right-wing members here. Some have even expressed concern for my life given how deranged some of the members of the tribe seem. Their concerns are one of the reasons why only a handful of people here know my real first name, let alone any other details about my life.

RationalThought

You are one seriously delusional human being.

Face RT, not only are you not that smart, but you also not that interesting. However, you are very transparent.

Btw, was this post amusing to you? If so, how?

E Van der Vliet

So one of the original "Trig Truthers" finds conversations at RN amusing.

To give credit where it's due, he's got a point, it is fun to laugh at some of the posts here. :coolshades:

The fat ankles theory was one of the great ones. ;)

WFAN

I do so love it when non-Christians such as "Rational Thought" lecture Christians on what it means to be a Christian.

It is extremely rich when non-Christians such as himself attempt to inform us what Christians should believe...and do...and attempt to define the principles of our faith for us.

Can you imagine a more ridiculous gathering of humanity than he and his friends passing a tablet around so they can laugh at Conservatives on this site? Freak Show.

How's this for a deal, Mr. Thought....you don't Lecture us on "What Christians Believe" and I won't Lecture you on what it means to be an Insufferable And Pompous Non-believer.

johnnybravo

Either the OT no longer applies and should be disregarded OR all of it still applies. Consistency allows no other position. Anyone is welcome to be as inconsistent as they want, but if they are they will lose much if not all of their credibility in the eyes of those who value consistency.

RationalThought

Jesus gave us the new law to replace the old law. Maybe you missed that one minor point in the Bible.

RationalThought

You are one seriously delusional human being.

Face RT, not only are you not that smart, but you also not that interesting. However, you are very transparent.

Btw, was this post amusing to you? If so, how?

It's VERY amusing.

You, like so many others, are playing amateur mind-reader then amateur psychologist based on your "mind-reading". It's outrageously funny to me and those who know me in real life just how ridiculously WRONG you and the tribe are concerning what I actually do think and do. What you call "transparent" is simply you projecting what you want to think about me onto me rather than reading what I actually think and asking if you're uncertain.

You are every bit as funny and disconnected with reality as those people who think Obama is a messiah.

RationalThought

RationalThought

I do so love it when non-Christians such as "Rational Thought" lecture Christians on what it means to be a Christian.

It is extremely rich when non-Christians such as himself attempt to inform us what Christians should believe...and do...and attempt to define the principles of our faith for us.

Can you imagine a more ridiculous gathering of humanity than he and his friends passing a tablet around so they can laugh at Conservatives on this site? Freak Show.

How's this for a deal, Mr. Thought....you don't Lecture us on "What Christians Believe" and I won't Lecture you on what it means to be an Insufferable And Pompous Non-believer.

Christians can believe whatever they want, regardless of how inconsistent and disconnected from reality it might appear to others. I've got no beef with that and wish them well on their path. I'm just not about to head down that path with them and will resist all efforts to force me on that path or use the government to ensure that is the only path available.

People here have no problem laughing at the dumb liberals. Is it really surprising to people here that they get laughed at by others? Maybe the laughers here on RN should look in the mirror before they call other ridiculous for laughing.

Lecture all you want. It makes for more good LOLs.

RationalThought

RationalThought

Jesus gave us the new law to replace the old law. Maybe you missed that one minor point in the Bible.

I didn't miss it at all. If the NT replaces the OT, then toss the OT and never refer to it. Either the OT is the 100% true eternal word of God, OR it's NOT.

Personally, I don't care how inconsistent someone wants to be in their beliefs. But those people should not lie to themselves that they don't lose credibility by being inconsistent.

RationalThought

johnnybravo

I didn't miss it at all. If the NT replaces the OT, then toss the OT and never refer to it. Either the OT is the 100% true eternal word of God, OR it's NOT.

Personally, I don't care how inconsistent someone wants to be in their beliefs. But those people should not lie to themselves that they don't lose credibility by being inconsistent.

RationalThought

Your understanding of the Bible is that of a 1st grader.

E Van der Vliet

It's VERY amusing.

You, like so many others, are playing amateur mind-reader then amateur psychologist based on your "mind-reading". It's outrageously funny to me and those who know me in real life just how ridiculously WRONG you and the tribe are concerning what I actually do think and do. What you call "transparent" is simply you projecting what you want to think about me onto me rather than reading what I actually think and asking if you're uncertain.

You are every bit as funny and disconnected with reality as those people who think Obama is a messiah.

RationalThought

Man but you are predictable. Notice how often you refer to yourself? Shows how transparent and shallow you really are. Like I said, you are not that interesting and are very easy to read.

Btw, I know way more about you the you do about me. And how is this so? Because you go out of your way to tell us all about you. Think about it, RT.