To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
brah

WashPost Exposes 'Daily Show' Lying Ambush (Merged)

Rate this topic

brah

WashPost Exposes 'Daily Show' Lying Ambush on Redskins Fans With Leftist Indian Activists

NewsBusters.org

September 20, 2014

Excerpt:

The Washington Post's Metro section on Saturday carried the headline "Redskins fans say 'Daily Show' misled them: Showdown with Native Americans Was a Surprise." Fans were set up for an ambush to be accused of racism, or loving a racist mascot. In other words, once again, Jon Stewart's Comedy Central crew lied their faces off to an interview subject they wanted to mock. But this time, the liberal media didn't let it slide. Reporter Ian Shapira laid out just how much Team Stewart lied, and then said "No comment" when they were exposed.

Link

___

Lately The Daily Show and Jon Stewart have been pushing more Liberal propaganda because the elections are right around the corner.

Tea Party Hooligan

I don't watch his show on purpose. I have watched it in order to form an opinion on it and that's it. Anyone who thinks he's so witty or smart is fooling themselves. He's a leftist hack who thinks he's smarter than he really is. He's nothing more than a less abrasive Bill Maher.

Taggart Transcontinental

WashPost Exposes 'Daily Show' Lying Ambush on Redskins Fans With Leftist Indian Activists

NewsBusters.org

September 20, 2014

Excerpt:

The Washington Post's Metro section on Saturday carried the headline "Redskins fans say 'Daily Show' misled them: Showdown with Native Americans Was a Surprise." Fans were set up for an ambush to be accused of racism, or loving a racist mascot. In other words, once again, Jon Stewart's Comedy Central crew lied their faces off to an interview subject they wanted to mock. But this time, the liberal media didn't let it slide. Reporter Ian Shapira laid out just how much Team Stewart lied, and then said "No comment" when they were exposed.

Link

___

Lately The Daily Show and Jon Stewart have been pushing more Liberal propaganda because the elections are right around the corner.

They need to start treating this trash as in kind political contributions. This is nothing but a leftist commercial.

zurg

That is so low. But it's pretty stupid to expect Jon Stewart to be honorable. Just like it's stupid to expect Obama not to lie.

These Indian activists? F off.

AntiObama

I have never watched an entire Daily Show.

I can't take those stupid jokes and the canned laughter.

MontyPython

The laughter isn't canned - The show is taped in front of an audience.

Jus' sayin'

B)

Howsithangin

I don't watch his show on purpose. I have watched it in order to form an opinion on it and that's it. Anyone who thinks he's so witty or smart is fooling themselves. He's a leftist hack who thinks he's smarter than he really is. He's nothing more than a less abrasive Bill Maher.

Well put.

He's the archetype of the American Leftist: Upper Manhattan elitist, effete, smug, sanctimonious, narcissistic, and thoroughly convinced of his brilliance and superiority. He makes me want to punch my TV or computer screen.

Jus' sayin'

B)

It's not difficult to find a bunch of NYC-LA sycophants for him to yuk-yuk it up with. All the while feeling so damned superior

Edited by Howsithangin

MontyPython

It's not difficult to find a bunch of NYC-LA sycophants for him to yuk-yuk it up with. All the while feeling so damned superior

Yup, I agree.

:D

Look, I realize RN is a conservative site and I'm not going to find many here who like Stewart or his show, LOL.

And furthermore I agree this whole "Redskins" "controversy" is contrived nonsense, perpetrated by the usual gaggle of mindless buffoons, always in search of something, anything, to be "offended" by.

What's more, I agree this specific segment, plotted and conducted by Jason Jones (i.e. not Stewart) was a low-class below-the-belt prank. Completely juvenile and typical of Jones' style.

But I can't help noticing everybody's attacking Stewart, not Jones.

:shrug:

Edited by MontyPython

E Van der Vliet

Jus' sayin'

B)

Many live shows still use canned audience responses.

MontyPython

Many live shows still use canned audience responses.

Perhaps, but it wouldn't be necessary in this case - As Howsit (correctly) pointed out, there's no shortage in NY of hard-left sycophants who'll enthusiastically cheer his every belch.

B)

Ticked@TinselTown

Yup, I agree.

:D

Look, I realize RN is a conservative site and I'm not going to find many here who like Stewart or his show, LOL.

And furthermore I agree this whole "Redskins" "controversy" is contrived nonsense, perpetrated by the usual gaggle of mindless buffoons, always in search of something, anything, to be "offended" by.

What's more, I agree this specific segment, plotted and conducted by Jason Jones (i.e. not Stewart) was a low-class below-the-belt prank. Completely juvenile and typical of Jones' style.

But I can't help noticing everybody's attacking Stewart, not Jones.

:shrug:

Stewart's name is on the show. I am fairly certain he has a lot of input into the content of the show since it is, in theory, his show, so why shouldn't he be getting the heat for this kind of garbage?

MontyPython

Stewart's name is on the show. I am fairly certain he has a lot of input into the content of the show since it is, in theory, his show, so why shouldn't he be getting the heat for this kind of garbage?

I don't necessarily disagree he should get at least some of the heat, depending on how it's presented on the show (if it's presented at all), how it's edited, etc. I'm just a little taken aback that nobody is attacking the actual perpetrator, Jason Jones.

B)

zurg

I don't necessarily disagree he should get at least some of the heat, depending on how it's presented on the show (if it's presented at all), how it's edited, etc. I'm just a little taken aback that nobody is attacking the actual perpetrator, Jason Jones.

B)

Jason Jones is the main perpetrator in the sense that he pulled it off....but we don't know whose idea it was. So the guy in charge gets the blame. Besides, since JJ is a no-name relatively speaking, focusing on him could allow JS to escape and throw him under the bus if need be.

Edited by zurg

E Van der Vliet

Perhaps, but it wouldn't be necessary in this case - As Howsit (correctly) pointed out, there's no shortage in NY of hard-left sycophants who'll enthusiastically cheer his every belch.

B)

I wouldn't bet on it. These shows are heavily produced to get the right effect. Laugh tracks enhance a live audiences response. Producers take very little chane of failure.

E Van der Vliet

B)

btw, I don't watch the show anymore. Used too, but life has other things for me to do now. Such as, a three old son.

When you watch it next, listen to the laughter for noticeable patterns. Should be easy to tell.

Edited by erp

E Van der Vliet

Also, I don't understand the controversy over this. It is a comedy show. Bits are written for a scripted result.

MontyPython

Jason Jones is the main perpetrator in the sense that he pulled it off....but we don't know whose idea it was. So the guy in charge gets the blame. Besides, since JJ is a no-name relatively speaking, focusing on him could allow JS to escape and throw him under the bus if need be.

And by the very same token, attacking Stewart is letting Jones off the hook.

In some cases Stewart comes up with the ideas, in some cases the writers are responsible, and in most of out-of-the-studio segments (like this one) the person doing the "interviewing" was also the person who came up with the original idea. That's probably not always the case, but it's usually the case.

How much blame I'll place on Stewart will depend upon whether the segment airs at all, how it's presented, how it's edited, how the "conversation" after the segment goes, etc etc etc. But of course, that must all wait until after the segment airs, maybe next week.

I wouldn't bet on it. These shows are heavily produced to get the right effect. Laugh tracks enhance a live audiences response. Producers take very little chane of failure.

btw, I don't watch the show anymore. Used too, but life has other things for me to do now. Such as, a three old son.

When you watch it next, listen to the laughter for noticeable patterns. Should be easy to tell.

I have friends who've actually been in the show's audience. They all describe the whole atmosphere as very loud and enthusiastic, with lots of interplay between those on the set and those in the audience. And I've noticed the same enthusiasm and interplay while watching at home. I seriously doubt there's any need for artificial prompting.

B)

Mr. E. Monkey

Jus' sayin'

B)

An audience about as smart as a case of canned corn.

Mr. E. Monkey

B)

Jones is despicable, no doubt. But it's Stewart's show. Unless you think he had nothing at all to do with the segment, and no approval whatsoever about what goes on his show.

buckstopsherefrontsmall.jpg

MontyPython

Jones is despicable, no doubt. But it's Stewart's show. Unless you think he had nothing at all to do with the segment, and no approval whatsoever about what goes on his show.

buckstopsherefrontsmall.jpg

I'm just planning to wait until the segment actually airs before condemning Stewart's presentation thereof.

B)

E Van der Vliet

I have friends who've actually been in the show's audience. They all describe the whole atmosphere as very loud and enthusiastic, with lots of interplay between those on the set and those in the audience. And I've noticed the same enthusiasm and interplay while watching at home. I seriously doubt there's any need for artificial prompting.

B)

Well, since you bolded and italic'd the word been, I will cede the point. ;)

Mr. E. Monkey

I'm just planning to wait until the segment actually airs before condemning Stewart's presentation thereof.

B)

So what they did is less despicable if they edit the footage?

MontyPython

So what they did is less despicable if they edit the footage?

What Jason Jones did was despicable, no matter what. And that's typical of Jones. I'm not going to condemn Stewart until I see what, if anything, he does with it.

B)

Edited by MontyPython

Mr. E. Monkey

That's your prerogative, I suppose. As a writer and executive producer for the show, I will continue to hold him accountable for what was done under the auspices of his show, regardless of how he tries to spin it.

Hank Scorpio

What Jason Jones did was despicable, no matter what. And that's typical of Jones. I'm not going to condemn Stewart until I see what, if anything, he does with it.

B)

Monty, was Hillary in Benghazi?