To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Ladybird

Chelsea Clinton defends Barron Trump after conservative website bashes

Rate this topic

Ladybird

Chelsea Clinton defends Barron Trump after conservative website bashes his clothes

By Samantha Schmidt

August 22, 2017 at 1:52 AM

Once again, Barron Trump has become the target of online criticism. And once again, political figures, celebrities and others on social media are standing up for the 11-year-old, imploring the media to keep the youngest Trump out of the negative limelight.

On Monday night, conservative news outlet the Daily Caller published a story attacking Barron for the T-shirt and shorts he wore while boarding Air Force One on Sunday. The headline read, “It’s High Time Barron Trump Starts Dressing Like He’s In the White House.”

In a barrage of angry tweets, many described the story as “mean spirited,” “shameful,” intrusive and irrelevant. The reactions shared a common understanding that the president’s children are supposed to be off-limits.

And former first daughter Chelsea Clinton, who has come to Barron’s defense before, weighed in with a tweet: “It’s high time the media & everyone leave Barron Trump alone & let him have the private childhood he deserves.”

In Monday’s Daily Caller story, entertainment reporter Ford Springer wrote that “while the president and first lady traveled in their Sunday best, young Barron looked like he was hopping on Air Force One for a trip to the movie theater.”

As the President Trump and first lady Melania Trump departed from Morristown, N.J., to Washington on Sunday, Barron joined them wearing khaki shorts, loafers and a bright red T-shirt with the words, “On your mark tiger shark.”

“What am I missing here? Is Barron just better than I ever was at rebelling against my parents?” Springer wrote. “His dad is always looking dapper and his mom has become a worldwide fashion icon since becoming first lady. The youngest Trump doesn’t have any responsibilities as the president’s son, but the least he could do is dress the part when he steps out in public.”

<snip>

Link

He looks like a kid on summer vacation.

Mrdirt73

Chelsea Clinton defends Barron Trump after conservative website bashes his clothes

By Samantha Schmidt

August 22, 2017 at 1:52 AM

Once again, Barron Trump has become the target of online criticism. And once again, political figures, celebrities and others on social media are standing up for the 11-year-old, imploring the media to keep the youngest Trump out of the negative limelight.

On Monday night, conservative news outlet the Daily Caller published a story attacking Barron for the T-shirt and shorts he wore while boarding Air Force One on Sunday. The headline read, “It’s High Time Barron Trump Starts Dressing Like He’s In the White House.”

In a barrage of angry tweets, many described the story as “mean spirited,” “shameful,” intrusive and irrelevant. The reactions shared a common understanding that the president’s children are supposed to be off-limits.

And former first daughter Chelsea Clinton, who has come to Barron’s defense before, weighed in with a tweet: “It’s high time the media & everyone leave Barron Trump alone & let him have the private childhood he deserves.”

In Monday’s Daily Caller story, entertainment reporter Ford Springer wrote that “while the president and first lady traveled in their Sunday best, young Barron looked like he was hopping on Air Force One for a trip to the movie theater.”

As the President Trump and first lady Melania Trump departed from Morristown, N.J., to Washington on Sunday, Barron joined them wearing khaki shorts, loafers and a bright red T-shirt with the words, “On your mark tiger shark.”

“What am I missing here? Is Barron just better than I ever was at rebelling against my parents?” Springer wrote. “His dad is always looking dapper and his mom has become a worldwide fashion icon since becoming first lady. The youngest Trump doesn’t have any responsibilities as the president’s son, but the least he could do is dress the part when he steps out in public.”

<snip>

Link

He looks like a kid on summer vacation.

Kids should always be off limits. I thought it was wrong when Chelsea was in the WH with her father, and it's still wrong now.

MontyPython

The Daily Caller was way out of line this time, although I notice it was their "entertainment reporter", not somebody whose political commentary can be expected to carry any weight. Nonetheless, it was out of line.

And while Chelsea Clinton isn't exactly anybody whose opinions carry any weight with me either, this time she was absolutely right. Good for her.

B)

searcher

Good on Miss Chelesa. She got hammered on pretty good when she was a kid so she speaks from experience. Kids should be left alone to be kids.

Mark

oki

Good on Miss Chelesa. She got hammered on pretty good when she was a kid so she speaks from experience. Kids should be left alone to be kids.

Mark

So very true.

Oki

LeansToTheRight

The Daily Caller was way out of line this time, although I notice it was their "entertainment reporter", not somebody whose political commentary can be expected to carry any weight. Nonetheless, it was out of line.

And while Chelsea Clinton isn't exactly anybody whose opinions carry any weight with me either, this time she was absolutely right. Good for her.

B)

:yeahthat:

Wag-a-Muffin (D)

Mark

Exactly!

lyria

Absolutely. Minor kids should be left alone, unless they become public figures in their own right (and even then, kid gloves). I would even go so far as to say that adult kids, spouses, siblings etc should be left out of it, unless they involve themselves in politics (or are public figures in their own right). But the minute they do become involved in politics, it's fair game.

Edited by lyria

Diamond369

I agree. Kids can sometimes be cruel enough, but when adults do it, I feel it is even more despicable.

ThePatriot

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I agree that Barron should dress appropriately for the situation. Air Force One isn't a commercial airliner one books to go on vacation.

I also agree that he shouldn't be publicly criticized - as a minor, it's his parent's responsibility to make sure he's dressed properly.

Wag-a-Muffin (D)

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I agree that Barron should dress appropriately for the situation. Air Force One isn't a commercial airliner one books to go on vacation.

I also agree that he shouldn't be publicly criticized - as a minor, it's his parent's responsibility to make sure he's dressed properly.

I'm not going to flame you. But I am going to disagree. Barron is a kid. He's not the president, his dad is. Why should he wear "business attire" just because his father is president. I sure wouldn't want to. He's a kid. He wears t-shirts.

Lori

...his mom has become a worldwide fashion icon since becoming first lady...

I heard that the 'tiger shark' shirt he wore (which is like $25) sold out, as did Melania's dress. :D

lyria

No flames - I get what you are saying. But regardless of opinion, this kid IS just a kid. To have pundits call him out for his choice of dress smacks of bullying. He doesn't need that; he has parents to tell him to go back to his room and put on something else.

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

I'm not going to flame you. But I am going to disagree. Barron is a kid. He's not the president, his dad is. Why should he wear "business attire" just because his father is president. I sure wouldn't want to. He's a kid. He wears t-shirts.

:exactly:

And sometimes kids should be allowed to be kids.

ThePatriot

It's like going to work or going to church or out to a nice restaurant. My parents dress appropriately, they taught me to dress appropriately and my wife and I taught our children to dress appropriately.

If Barron were my son and I was POTUS, I wouldn't require he wear "business attire", but a nice shirt and a decent pair of pants. That doesn't seem to much to ask IMO. :shrug:

Ladybird

I think he's dressed perfectly appropriate for a kid in 2017. He's neat and clean. You really can't ask too much more from an 11 year old boy.

Back in the day, mom would get my sister and I all dressed up just to go to the airport to pick up my dad. My brother, not so much.

That's when people dressed up for flights. Those days are gone forever.

And we should not hear another word about Barron, unless it's from his family, for the duration of Trumps presidency, and at least until he's 25.

lyria

I think he's dressed perfectly appropriate for a kid in 2017. He's neat and clean. You really can't ask too much more from an 11 year old boy.

Back in the day, mom would get my sister and I all dressed up just to go to the airport to pick up my dad. My brother, not so much.

That's when people dressed up for flights. Those days are gone forever.

And we should not hear another word about Barron, unless it's from his family, for the duration of Trumps presidency, and at least until he's 25.

18. I give it to 18. And of doesn't get involved in politics or otherwise become a public figure, it should be pretty limited stuff.

Ladybird

18. I give it to 18. And of doesn't get involved in politics or otherwise become a public figure, it should be pretty limited stuff.

I figured let him get through college at least. Young folks do stupid crap, even after they should be old enough to know better.

Thank Goodness cell phone cameras weren't around when I went to school.

Edited by Ladybird

zurg

Thank Goodness cell phone cameras weren't around when I went to school.

I can drink to .... I mean agree with that!!