To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
pepperonikkid

Conservatives fighting online suppression – and winning!

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

Conservatives fighting online suppression – and winning!

http://www.americanthinker.com

By Thomas Lifson

August 22, 2017

Article:

It is a terrible thing that internet giants have been suppressing the voices of conservatives accused of being "haters" by left-wing money-machine fear-mongers. It is terrible that energy must be expended defending them. But at least we have two victories to report, and maybe, just maybe, the fever has peaked, as digital goliaths consider potential blowback from their political activism. Once they start eliminating voices, they may become legally liable for everything they permit to remain, for one thing. There are a lot of hungry lawyers out there, after all.

Robert Spencer's Jihad Watch was abruptly cut off from online fundraising when PayPal blocked him. He writes:

On Saturday afternoon, the Soros-funded hard-Left website ProPublica published a hit piece calling upon PayPal and other new media giants to block Jihad Watch and other groups that have been defamed by the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) as "hate groups." ProPublica's Lauren Kirchner complained that Jihad Watch's "designation as a hate site hasn't stopped tech companies – including PayPal, Amazon and Newsmax – from maintaining partnerships with Jihad Watch that help to sustain it financially. PayPal facilitates donations to the site. Newsmax – the online news network run by President Donald Trump's close friend Chris Ruddy – pays Jihad Watch in return for users clicking on its headlines. Until recently, Amazon allowed Jihad Watch to participate in a program that promised a cut of any book sales that the site generated. All three companies have policies that say they don't do business with hate groups."

The Left media said "Jump," and PayPal immediately said "How high?" Just hours after the ProPublica piece appeared, PayPal blocked Jihad Watch. I received an email early Saturday evening from PayPal's Ronita Murray, saying: "Due to the nature of your activities, we have chosen to discontinue service to you in accordance with PayPal's User Agreement. As a result, we have placed a permanent limitation on your account."

What was unacceptable about the "nature of [my] activities"? PayPal didn't say.

As this became known, PayPal heard about it from people canceling their accounts and contacting them in protest.

Full Story

ilja

I keep expecting to get suspended or banned from Twitter and I'm just a nobody with not that many followers. After hearing about the gmail BS, I've started considering searching for another email server that is not political if one exists.

It is nice to hear when the good guys win one every now and then.

searcher

I keep expecting to get suspended or banned from Twitter and I'm just a nobody with not that many followers. After hearing about the gmail BS, I've started considering searching for another email server that is not political if one exists.

It is nice to hear when the good guys win one every now and then.

I never go there. I piss off enough people on facebook.

Mark

usapatriot

Set up email account with protonmail.com. It is hosted in Switzerland, they never read your emails, free 500megs of space, and your messages are encrypted. Get rid of your gmail accounts!

Also, don't ever use google as an Internet search engine. Why should they get paid when you're doing all the work (and not getting a cut) and having google track your ever move. Use duckduckgo.com instead...they don't track you ever!

Also, use Mozilla Firefox as it also doesn't track your ever move. They only way to get back our privacy is to stop using products like the ones above (and others, but I'll save them for a future post).