To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Liz

Hurricane Harvey: CNN Fingers “Climate Change”

Rate this topic

Liz

Hurricane Harvey: CNN Fingers “Climate Change”

“There is no doubt that climate change makes . . . storms like this more common.”

Legal Insurrection

Posted by Mark Finkelstein

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 at 1:00pm

[Too short to excerpt]

Just as the MSM demands more “gun control” after every mass shooting, so every severe weather event causes the MSM to start beating the “climate change” drum.

And so it began on CNN this morning. CNN’s Senior Political Analyst Ron Brownstein gave the standard disclaimer about not attributing any one storm to climate change, but then proceeded to come very close to doing just that. He quoted a former NOAA offical: “this is a preview of the future. There is no doubt that climate change makes . . . storms like this more common.”

RON BROWNSTEIN: At some point there has to be a discussion of whether
these sorts of events are becoming more common because of climate change.
Scientists are reluctant to attribute any individual storm to a change in climate.

But in my CNN.com
, I quote the former head of NOAA as saying, look, this is a preview of the future.
There is no doubt that climate change — particularly because of warming in the ocean waters, the Gulf water — makes storms like this more common.
Heavy rainfall in Texas events have become much more common there as well. And that is a discussion for around the bend and I think questions for this president to address at some point, once the immediate danger has passed.

CHRIS CUOMO: We see why so many states move towards enforcing the strictures of the accord, the Paris Accord, even without the federal acceptance of it.
It does seem as though we have 100-year storms every year or two.

Funny that when citing NOAA, the CNN folks failed to mention NOAA’s observation that in June of this year, a record was set of 140 straight months without a major hurricane hitting the continental United States.

Now that’s what we’d call . . . an inconvenient truth.

Note: Cuomo’s observation that it seems we now have 100-year storms every year of so was singularly nonsensical. There are countless thousands of geographical locations in the United States. It is utterly normal and predictable that, each year, some of them will experience 100-year events.

Link

Howsithangin

Naturally, because there weren't any hurricanes before man came on the scene.

:bang:

LongKnife

They never miss a chance.

Taggart Transcontinental

Never let a problem go without pushing your insane agenda.

Severian

This was sadly inevitable. And they of course ignore the fact that it's been 12 years without a hurricane strike on the continental US, suddenly when one does pop up it's due to man made Climate Change!!!! It's called weather, and Texas has had storms worse than this before, only the fact it was slow and dumped as much water as it did made this unusual historically, it wasn't that strong a storm when it made landfall, certainly Texas and all the gulf states have seen worse, such as Camille.

But, if you look historically, the last time we got an actual large number of hurricanes was back in the 60s when the earth was entering a cooling period...they don't mention the cooling part.

Joe the Pagan

In a week or so we will be getting the news report of "unexpected", snow storm in Denver. At the end of the report the question is asked if climate change has anything to do with such an early snow. Never mind they give the same report every year about the same time, and act surprised about the event.

Italian Biker

This was sadly inevitable. And they of course ignore the fact that it's been 12 years without a hurricane strike on the continental US, suddenly when one does pop up it's due to man made Climate Change!!!! It's called weather, and Texas has had storms worse than this before, only the fact it was slow and dumped as much water as it did made this unusual historically, it wasn't that strong a storm when it made landfall, certainly Texas and all the gulf states have seen worse, such as Camille.

But, if you look historically, the last time we got an actual large number of hurricanes was back in the 60s when the earth was entering a cooling period...they don't mention the cooling part.

Do you mean that one hasn't struck the Gulf Coast. Or what to you consider striking? Sandy hit the central to upper eastern states.

Severian

Do you mean that one hasn't struck the Gulf Coast. Or what to you consider striking? Sandy hit the central to upper eastern states.

And wasn't a hurricane when it did, it was a tropical storm.

Mrdirt73

And wasn't a hurricane when it did, it was a tropical storm.

I'm not certain what level Sandy was, but the accurate statistic is that no category 3 or above storm has hit the US in 12 years. Category 3 and above is what is considered a major hurricane from what I read.

corporal_little

This crap makes my brain hurt. All you have to do is go here:

http://www.aoml.noaa.gov/hrd/tcfaq/E23.html

This is the list of hurricanes that have made landfall in the US.

1940s - 23 storms

1950s - 18 storms

1960s - 15 storms

1970s - 12 storms

1980s - 16 storms

1990s - 14 storms

2000s - 18 storms

2010s - 7 storms so far, on pace for 10 total.

We aren't seeming more storms, the storms aren't stronger, this is all complete garbage. Hell the 1940s was the worst decade by sheer number and strength of storms.

This is stupid.

stick

1940s - 23 storms

1950s - 18 storms

1960s - 15 storms

1970s - 12 storms

1980s - 16 storms

1990s - 14 storms

2000s - 18 storms

We aren't seeming more storms, the storms aren't stronger, this is all complete garbage. Hell the 1940s was the worst decade by sheer number and strength of storms.

This is stupid.

Sometimes I think there's a lot of people out there that think history started the day they were born.

zurg

Sometimes I think there's a lot of people out there that think history started the day they were born.

Yeah.... yesterday I was watching my daughter gather data on certain Midwestern states.... part was on their climate. And guess what? All their record high temps are from the first half of the 1900's. For example, Minnesota's record high of 115F is from July 29, 1917.

Conversely, their low temps are from the second half of the 1900's. Minnesota's record low of -60F is from February 2, 1996.

Wassup climate warmers? Derpity derp.

Crabby Appleton

Fact is, alarmists blamed the intensity of Katrina on global warming, and proceeded, over several years, to incorrectly predict busier-than-usual hurricane seasons due to rising temperatures. Finally, after being wrong for several years, many of the chief alarmists finally acknowledged that global warming has nothing to do with hurricane frequency or intensity. Now, after one major storm, the entire farce begins anew.

Edited by Crabby Appleton

Italian Biker

Fact is, alarmists blamed the intensity of Katrina on global warming, and proceeded, over several years, to incorrectly predict busier-than-usual hurricane seasons due to rising temperatures. Finally, after being wrong for several years, many of the chief alarmists finally acknowledged that global warming has nothing to do with hurricane frequency or intensity. Now, after one major storm, the entire false begins anew.

I even heard them say that the lack of storms after Katrina was due to global warming, hoping they'd forget that 7 years before, they lied the exact opposite.

De Oppresso Liber

CNN Fingers “Climate Change”

Well, they have been dating for quite some time...

corporal_little

I even heard them say that the lack of storms after Katrina was due to global warming, hoping they'd forget that 7 years before, they lied the exact opposite.

It's all bullcrap, but the biggest problem is, they actually believe their bullcrap.

They are exactly like the religious cult members who continue to believe in their prophet even after he/she is continuously wrong about their predictions of Jesus' return.

It's mind numbing.

Severian

You beat me to that particular allusion! Ha!

It's all bullcrap, but the biggest problem is, they actually believe their bullcrap.

They are exactly like the religious cult members who continue to believe in their prophet even after he/she is continuously wrong about their predictions of Jesus' return.

It's mind numbing.

It is a cult, like Jonestown, and I wish they'd just go ahead and drink the poisoned KoolAid and get it over with and let the rest of us live in peace.

De Oppresso Liber

You beat me to that particular allusion! Ha!

:D

Great minds...

oki

1940s - 23 storms

1950s - 18 storms

1960s - 15 storms

1970s - 12 storms

1980s - 16 storms

1990s - 14 storms

2000s - 18 storms

This is stupid.

Man, sometimes I really wish the Indians and Dinosaurs kept records of this stuff. Inquiring minds wanna' know.

Oki

zurg

I was trying to come up with a pithy way of working that idea in.... good job....