To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
catpat

California student steals 'MAGA' hat, pleads for wearer to be

Rate this topic

catpat

California student steals 'MAGA' hat, pleads for wearer to be punished in bizarre rant

Greg Norman

FoxNews.com

Excerpt

President Trump’s popular “Make America Great Again” hats promote “laws and legislation that literally kill and murder in the masses, people of color,” a California college student is heard saying in a bizarre viral video rant where she pleads to campus staff to ban the student from wearing the red cap.

Edith Macias posted a Facebook video Wednesday showing her snatching the hat off of Matthew Vitale’s head during a meeting of student organizations at University of California, Riverside. The ensuing footage Vitale films of Macias arguing with him and staff in the school’s student life office shows workers with stunned looks on their faces as the scene unfolds in front of them. The video has more than 2 million views.

“This is mine. You do not get to take other people’s property that is legally theirs in this county,” Vitale, a member of the school’s College Republicans club, sternly tells Macias.

“Man, f--- your laws,” Macias snaps back.

“I have a freedom of speech to wear this hat,” Vitale later says.

“Your f---ing freedom of speech is genocide, homeboy! Is that what you are trying to represent?” she replies.

Vitale said in a video posted after the incident that he was attending an annual school-organized meeting where leaders of student groups listen to presentations about combating hazing and sexual harassment. A self-described Trump supporter, Vitale adds that he usually wears the “Make America America Great Again” on campus and sometimes gets looks from other students, but was startled when Macias, whom he says he never met, yanked off his hat and sprinted out of the classroom.

The calm and collected staff at the school’s student life offices managed to take the hat away from Macias and return it to Vitale, but not before Macias is caught on video protesting their actions.

<Snip>

Link with videos.

As Vitale says on his Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/matthew.l.vitale/videos/1689626431055718/), "This is the face of the modern left."

MontyPython

This is no surprise at all. Not at all. I have a recent experience to relate too:

About a month ago, maybe month & a half, my girlfriend & I helped some new neighbors move into our apartment building. We couldn't help noticing the "I (heart) Obama"...."Hillary 2016"....etc, stickers and bumperstickers all over their car, but we didn't care - NOBODY else was helping them, and we felt sorry for them. It was a miserably hot, sweaty, sweltering day, they had a huge rented truck filled with heavy boxes & packages & furniture & stuff, and they were just two small women (mother about our age & daughter) clearly struggling and exhausted. And nobody else in the whole complex was lifting a finger to help them. So we dropped whatever we were doing and ran downstairs to offer our help. AT THE TIME they were obviously grateful. So we spent that whole afternoon hauling heavy boxes/packages/furniture for them, and THEN helping to move all that heavy stuff around inside the apartment with them (i.e. bedroom stuff in the bedroom, living room stuff in the living room, etc.)

And yet more - For the next couple days we took over some meals, because we know what it's like right after a move: Not only broke because of the costs of renting a big truck, buying lots of boxes and other packing materials, paying first & last months' rent plus damage deposit, but also because it's a b*tch trying to cook with all your pots & pans & dishes & silverware packed up in boxes all over the kitchen floors & counters. So we dropped by a few times with some ready-to-eat food. Nothing fancy or expensive, of course; You all know how poor we are. So it wasn't lobster & caviar, LOL, but good, solid food (meatloaf & potatoes one night, turkey sandwiches for lunch next day, stuff like that.) Plus we made sure to show them around a little bit, showed them where the laundry room was, where the caretaker/repairman/maintenance shop was, how to reach somebody for emergency repairs during off-hours, etc.

As I said, AT FIRST they seemed very grateful. But I can't help noticing that for the past couple of weeks they're very cold and unfriendly. If we encounter them anywhere around the property or even in neighborhood stores they won't make eye contact, won't speak to us unless we speak first (and even then it's just a short, cold, unfriendly "hello" as they keep walking and avoiding eye contact.)

Obviously, we were hurt & confused. What the hell happened? What's wrong? Did we do something? So I mentioned it to another one of our neighbors. They told us it was because they'd heard FoxNews on our TV one day while walking outside our open windows. Got that? We were watching FoxNews, so now we were the enemy. It didn't matter that if you listen outside those windows you can also hear us watching CNN, MSNBC, BBC, CBC, C-Span, PBS, ABC/NBC/CBS, etc etc etc. (As you'll all probably remember, I've mentioned many times that we try very hard to watch ALL the channels' news broadcasts, not just Fox.)

Nope. They heard FoxNews so we were no longer worthy of their time or attention or respect, even after all we'd done for them.

The "tolerant" left in all its glory.

Well F 'em.

<_<

Edited by MontyPython

Diamond369

What is wrong with Edith? Has she ever heard about being a mature, classy lady?

firecoco

This is no surprise at all. Not at all. I have a recent experience to relate too:

About a month ago, maybe month & a half, my girlfriend & I helped some new neighbors move into our apartment building. We couldn't help noticing the "I (heart) Obama"...."Hillary 2016"....etc, stickers and bumperstickers all over their car, but we didn't care - NOBODY else was helping them, and we felt sorry for them. It was a miserably hot, sweaty, sweltering day, they had a huge rented truck filled with heavy boxes & packages & furniture & stuff, and they were just two small women (mother about our age & daughter) clearly struggling and exhausted. And nobody else in the whole complex was lifting a finger to help them. So we dropped whatever we were doing and ran downstairs to offer our help. AT THE TIME they were obviously grateful. So we spent that whole afternoon hauling heavy boxes/packages/furniture for them, and THEN helping to move all that heavy stuff around inside the apartment with them (i.e. bedroom stuff in the bedroom, living room stuff in the living room, etc.)

And yet more - For the next couple days we took over some meals, because we know what it's like right after a move: Not only broke because of the costs of renting a big truck, buying lots of boxes and other packing materials, paying first & last months' rent plus damage deposit, but also because it's a b*tch trying to cook with all your pots & pans & dishes & silverware packed up in boxes all over the kitchen floors & counters. So we dropped by a few times with some ready-to-eat food. Nothing fancy or expensive, of course; You all know how poor we are. So it wasn't lobster & caviar, LOL, but good, solid food (meatloaf & potatoes one night, turkey sandwiches for lunch next day, stuff like that.) Plus we made sure to show them around a little bit, showed them where the laundry room was, where the caretaker/repairman/maintenance shop was, how to reach somebody for emergency repairs during off-hours, etc.

As I said, AT FIRST they seemed very grateful. But I can't help noticing that for the past couple of weeks they're very cold and unfriendly. If we encounter them anywhere around the property or even in neighborhood stores they won't make eye contact, won't speak to us unless we speak first (and even then it's just a short, cold, unfriendly "hello" as they keep walking and avoiding eye contact.)

Obviously, we were hurt & confused. What the hell happened? What's wrong? Did we do something? So I mentioned it to another one of our neighbors. They told us it was because they'd heard FoxNews on our TV one day while walking outside our open windows. Got that? We were watching FoxNews, so now we were the enemy. It didn't matter that if you listen outside those windows you can also hear us watching CNN, MSNBC, BBC, CBC, C-Span, PBS, ABC/NBC/CBS, etc etc etc. (As you'll all probably remember, I've mentioned many times that we try very hard to watch ALL the channels' news broadcasts, not just Fox.)

Nope. They heard FoxNews so we were no longer worthy of their time or attention or respect, even after all we'd done for them.

Well F 'em.

<_<

Is this another letter you sent to Playboy?

MontyPython

Is this another letter you sent to Playboy?

Nope. Think I should?

:coolshades:

De Oppresso Liber

Well F 'em.

<_<

Sorry about your experience Monty. Obama voters are usually so much more rational.

MontyPython

Sorry about your experience Monty. Obama voters are usually so much more rational.

Yeah, LOL, I guess I should've expected it. Those "I (heart) Obama" and "Hillary 2016" stickers should've been a dead giveaway. I already know how unreasonable and immature and ungrateful leftists are.

Don't get me wrong - We still would have helped them, because that's just the kind of people we are; it's the way we were raised. When your neighbor needs help, you pitch in and help. We just should have known in advance their "gratitude" would be short-lived.

B)

Severian

Yeah, LOL, I guess I should've expected it. Those "I (heart) Obama" and "Hillary 2016" stickers should've been a dead giveaway. I already know how unreasonable and immature and ungrateful leftists are.

Don't get me wrong - We still would have helped them, because that's just the kind of people we are; it's the way we were raised. When your neighbor needs help, you pitch in and help. We just should have known in advance their "gratitude" would be short-lived.

B)

There's an old Chinese saying Monty, "why do you hate me, I've done nothing to help you?" You helped them and they couldn't stand being indebted to "those" kinds of people, knuckle dragging Fox watchers.

As for the original hat thief, do what Vlad did to the Turkish ambassadors who refused to take their turbans off in his presence, nail the hat to her head.

MontyPython

There's an old Chinese saying Monty, "why do you hate me, I've done nothing to help you?" You helped them and they couldn't stand being indebted to "those" kinds of people, knuckle dragging Fox watchers.

As for the original hat thief, do what Vlad did to the Turkish ambassadors who refused to take their turbans off in his presence, nail the hat to her head.

Great Chinese saying. And great Vlad-inspired suggestion!

:yes:

LSJ

The irony is obviously lost on this ditz. Who is the irrational acting one here? And tell us wise lemming...what are these laws that have committed genocide?

intotheblackhole

Oh yea, I love this stuff. Keep it up. Eventually it will be civil war and then we can get back to basics.

What the left doesn't understand is that the right has most of the guns, the military, and the police. It would be a very short civil war.

Noclevermoniker

What's the saying? "Scratch a liberal and you'll find a tyrant underneath"?

firecoco

Oh yea, I love this stuff. Keep it up. Eventually it will be civil war and then we can get back to basics.

What the left doesn't understand is that the right has most of the guns, the military, and the police. It would be a very short civil war.

This is from Kid Rock....They want to go to war with people that have 10 trillion bullets and they can’t even figure out which bathroom to use

intotheblackhole

This is from Kid Rock....They want to go to war with people that have 10 trillion bullets and they can’t even figure out which bathroom to use

Yup. The cool part is that they won't have to worry about which bathroom to choose because trees don't have labels.

stick

The irony is obviously lost on this ditz. Who is the irrational acting one here? And tell us wise lemming...what are these laws that have committed genocide?

She said "F your laws" which must mean she either doesn't live here or isn't from here. DREAMER? How "grateful" if so, but I digress...

He was correct to assume she was from Mexico, even though he didn't exactly say that, so why the hell did THAT set her off so much? Some people are just looking for a reason to be offended and here is just the latest progressive example showing us their true colors.

Howsithangin

Barry built this.