To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Ladybird

Jake Tapper slams Fox News for misrepresenting comments about New York

Rate this topic

Ladybird

Jake Tapper slams Fox News for misrepresenting comments about New York City terror attack

CNN anchor Jake Tapper admonished Fox News for taking his comments about the deadly terrorist attack in New York City out of context.

Fox News published an article with the headline "CNN's Jake Tapper: 'Allahu Akbar' Can Be Said Under 'Most Beautiful' of Circumstances" on Wednesday. The article referenced comments Tapper made on Tuesday after it was reported that the suspect in the attack had at one point shouted "Allahu Akbar," Arabic for "God is great."

The headline is preceded by a tag reading "OUTRAGEOUS."

But the Fox News headline left out the second half of Tapper's quote, which distinguished Tuesday's attack from the "beautiful" circumstances he alluded to.

Tapper said at the time, "The Arabic chant 'Allahu Akbar,' God is great, sometimes is said under the most beautiful of circumstances. And too often, we hear it being said in moments like this."

On Wednesday, Fox News promoted the article with a tweet that distorted his quote even more. "Jake Tapper Says 'Allahu Akbar' Is 'Beautiful' Right After NYC Terror Attack," the tweet said.

Tapper did not respond kindly to the misrepresentation of his words.

"Fox News is lying," Tapper said in a tweet. "I said it can be said at beautiful moments (wedding, birth) and too often at times like this (horrific terrorist attack)."

"'Allahu Akbar' is a prayer," he said. "If we don't understand how radical Islamic terrorists justify their evil using religion, West cannot defeat it."

<snip>

Link

USMCforever60

Pot, meet kettle, kettle meet pot.

Noclevermoniker

It's not a "prayer", it's a war cry.

Ladybird

It's not a "prayer", it's a war cry.

“God is great” are just words.

How they are used depends entirely on the one uttering them.

Dutch13

Too many folks like to lump everything associated with CNN into the same category. Jake Tapper is one of the best out there right now at reporting down the middle. He is as close to the standard set by Tim Russert as anyone has been since Russert's passing.

Edited by Dutch13

pict

"God is great" are just words.

The only time I've heard those words are when Muslim fanatics go on their killing rampages.

Ladybird

The only time I've heard those words are when Muslim fanatics go on their killing rampages.

Have you ever been to a mosque or a celebration, like a wedding, where people speak Arabic?

Have you ever heard a Muslim pray? They do it five times a day.

pict

Have you ever been to a mosque or a celebration, like a wedding, where people speak Arabic?

Actually, yes I have. In Saudi Arabia no less. And I'll repeat 'The only time I've heard those words are when Muslim fanatics go on their killing rampages.'

So, where have you heard the phrase being shouted?

searcher

I really love it. A newsperson being upset at being taken out of context. That is beautiful.

Mark

Ladybird

Actually, yes I have. In Saudi Arabia no less. And I'll repeat 'The only time I've heard those words are when Muslim fanatics go on their killing rampages.'

So, where have you heard the phrase being shouted?

I’ve heard the words uttered by those in prayer and at my nieces wedding.

This is what Jake Tapper was referring to when he talked about those words. Fox News decided to take his words out of context to smear a competitor, using this terrorist attack as a tool.

pict

I've heard the words uttered by those in prayer and at my nieces wedding.

This is what Jake Tapper was referring to when he talked about those words. Fox News decided to take his words out of context to smear a competitor, using this terrorist attack as a tool.

The phrase isn't used in common speech, and it certainly isn't screamed when it's used.

You need to educate yourself on Muslims, because you know sod-all.

Ladybird

The phrase isn't used in common speech, and it certainly isn't screamed when it's used.

You need to educate yourself on Muslims, because you know sod-all.

So? Who said it was used in common speech or that it must be “screamed”?

They are just words. If a killer utters “God, forgive me”, does that make those words evil for everyone else?

pict

So? Who said it was used in common speech or that it must be "screamed"?

They are just words. If a killer utters "God, forgive me", does that make those words evil for everyone else?

I must be missing something, please educate me. Didn't the Muslim killer in NYC yell "Allah Akbar."

Tell me where I'm wrong.

Wag-a-Muffin (D)

“God is great” are just words.

I agree. I believe many faithful followers of Islam are upset with the hijacking of their "prayers."

I feel similar when people use the name of Diety (whom I love and revere) in a blasphemous way.

However, most people who scream obscenities are not engaging in jihad.

(Still, I do sympathize with conservative Muslims, many of whom I know personally, who are watching their religion being hijacked by radicals. In Asian countries, the radicals kill the moderates and conservatives who won't go along first.)

And I know I'm gonna get flamed, move over Ladybird. I don't agree with you all that often, but I'll be your ally on this one.

Ladybird

I must be missing something, please educate me. Didn't the Muslim killer in NYC yell "Allah Akbar."

Tell me where I'm wrong.

Yes. And?

It has been yelled by terrorists before killing people. It’s also been said quietly while praying or loud when celebrating something wonderful.

The words themselves are not evil.

Ladybird

I agree. I believe many faithful followers of Islam are upset with the hijacking of their "prayers."

I feel similar when people use the name of Diety (whom I love and revere) in a blasphemous way.

However, most people who scream obscenities are not engaging in jihad.

(Still, I do sympathize with conservative Muslims, many of whom I know personally, who are watching their religion being hijacked by radicals. In Asian countries, the radicals kill the moderates and conservatives who won't go along first.)

And I know I'm gonna get flamed, move over Ladybird. I don't agree with you all that often, but I'll be your ally on this one.

:)

And well said.

Coach

I actually listened to the replay of Tapper making the statement. It was entirely unnecessary and meant to deflect attention from the murders.

The fact that some feel the need to defend Tapper and point out the obvious fact that most Muslims aren't terrorists merely proves how morally soft many Americans are today. I understand it gives one a very superior feeling to claim the high ground but what real good does it do ?

USNRETWIFE

Regardless of the pro/con Allahu Akbar/God is great argument, back to the topic. I agree with searcher. Especially when it's CNN! froehlich214.gif And I used to kind of like Jake Tapper, but he seemed to have sold his soul a while ago.

E Van der Vliet

It was a stupid PC thing for him to say. Should have just reported the news.

But no, he had to in his own little way, appease the moooslims.

gravelrash

I really love it. A newsperson being upset at being taken out of context. That is beautiful.

Mark

:yeahthat:

pict

Yes. And?

It has been yelled by terrorists before killing people. It's also been said quietly while praying or loud when celebrating something wonderful.

The words themselves are not evil.

Let me educate you. When terrorists scream "Allah Akbar" it means their god is great, above any other. And by agreeing to that statement you are subjugating yourselves to sharia law.

Don't you realize the difference? Islam isn't merely a religion, it's an ideology which wants to implement sharia law as universal.

What don't you get about this?

Dutch13

Let me educate you. When terrorists scream "Allah Akbar" it means their god is great, above any other. And by agreeing to that statement you are subjugating yourselves to sharia law.

Don't you realize the difference? Islam isn't merely a religion, it's an ideology which wants to implement sharia law as universal.

Their God is great. Their God is our God.

The difference is in the way that they are taught to serve God......and it is phucking nuts.

Ladybird

And when non-terrorists say “God is great”, it means that their God is Greater than any other.

If you don’t believe God is great, that is fine, but it doesn’t mean that those who do are terrorists.

E Van der Vliet

And when non-terrorists say “God is great”, it means that their God is Greater than any other.

If you don’t believe God is great, that is fine, but it doesn’t mean that those who do are terrorists.

if you are a Christian, you have an entirely different view of God.

Islam believes what the prophet Mohamed taught.

Christian's believe what Jesus Christ taught, and that he wS the son of God.

One preaches love, while the other preaches hate.

You don't hear many Christian's scream "god is great" while trying to kill people who don't think like the prophet Mohammed'.

There is a huge difference here as far as I see it.

Where am I wrong?

Howsithangin

Every time one of them blows up a bus, drives over a crowd, or explodes a bomb, they screech said phrase. So can you blame people for associating the two? I think not.

Tapper was, as the media always does, attempting to dissociate the terrible act perpetrated by islamic radicals from islam. He was caught acting stupidly.