To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
pepperonikkid

One Day Later – Has Hannity Dodged the 'Kill Shot' Aimed at Hi

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

One Day Later – Has Hannity Dodged the 'Kill Shot' Aimed at Him?

http://www.americanthinker.com

By Peter Barry Chowka

November 14, 2017

Article:

An avalanche of mass defections of advertisers from Sean Hannity’s Fox News program appears to have been staunched – at least for the present. Over the weekend, initially five, and then more, major sponsors were about to bolt. On Monday, the CEO of the company in the forefront of the defections, Keurig, apologized for his company’s threat to quit running its commercials on Hannity’s show. With that move, the tide against Hannity appeared to be turning. At least that is how Hannity positioned the news.

Monday was a day of fast-breaking developments, with Hannity’s fans, social media, and Hannity’s four hours of live radio and TV shows in the forefront. The sponsor defections started to gain momentum on Sunday after Media Matters for America (MMFA), a well-funded, left wing not-for-profit anti-conservative group with a long enmity toward Hannity, weighed in. MMFA construed Hannity’s reporting on Judge Roy Moore as support for the embattled Republican U.S. Senate candidate from Alabama. MMFA has been encouraging sponsors to desert Hannity’s shows for months, and Hannity’s attempt to cover the red-hot Roy Moore story in a fair and balanced way gave Media Matters and its supporters a new opening to attack him. Recall that the network’s star Bill O’Reilly lost his show after sponsors started to abandon him in the wake of sexual harassment charges.

Last Thursday, the Washington Post published an article alleging that Moore had engaged in inappropriate, or even illegal, intimate contact with teenage girls two decades his junior back in the 1970s. The following day, Hannity interviewed Moore at length by telephone on his afternoon radio show – putting Moore on the record for the first time since the Post story was published and created a firestorm.

On Saturday and Sunday, several advertisers of Hannity’s Fox News program let it be known that – at the instigation or encouragement of Media Matters – they would no longer run ads on his shows. It was a kind of guilt by association: Moore is looking increasingly unsuitable for the role as a U.S. Senator, and Hannity, for having covered Moore, is guilty of something by association.

On Sunday and Monday, an unknown but large number of Hannity’s fans deluged social media with a backlash of tweets, hashtags, Facebook posts, and emails promising to boycott any sponsors who defected from Hannity’s program. Some of them produced videos showing the symbolic destruction of high-end coffee pod machines made by Keurig, the company that received the most publicity for its decision to drop Hannity.

On Monday morning, Keurig’s CEO Bob Gamgort issued a sort-of apology – his memo to employees was published by the Washington Post – blaming flawed internal policies for a corporate rush to judgment in the decision to cancel ads and promising to do better. The implication, without Gamgort explicitly saying so, was that Keurig would continue to sponsor Hannity’s television program.

Hannity took this news as a victory accountable to his strong stand in opposing the calls by the left for the censorship of conservative programs.

Full Story

scotsman

The Teflon Sean.

MontyPython

The Teflon Sean.

I dunno about that. If he actually was guilty of the things he's being accused of, the accusations would stick. But so far the accusations have been easily proven to be BS. The reason for the accusations is obvious: Hannity has been covering the Moore issue in a fair and balanced manner, and those leveling the accusations don't want a fair and balanced approach.

B)

scotsman

I dunno about that. If he actually was guilty of the things he's being accused of, the accusations would stick. But so far the accusations have been easily proven to be BS. The reason for the accusations is obvious: Hannity has been covering the Moore issue in a fair and balanced manner, and those leveling the accusations don't want a fair and balanced approach.

B)

TBH, it was just a joke/parody of John Gotti that came to mind.

Ladybird

B)

Is that so.. Which ones were easily disproved?

MontyPython

The accusations against Hannity. Perhaps you thought I was referring to the accusations against Moore? If so then you read my response wrong. Scotsman called Hannity "The Teflon Sean", and that's what I was referring to.

(And yup, LOL, I now know Scotsman was just making a joking reference to Gotti.)

B)

Ladybird

The accusations against Hannity. Perhaps you thought I was referring to the accusations against Moore? If so then you read my response wrong. Scotsman called Hannity "The Teflon Sean", and that's what I was referring to.

(And yup, LOL, I now know Scotsman was just making a joking reference to Gotti.)

B)

I misread your response. Apologies..

MontyPython

I misread your response. Apologies..

Accepted and forgiven. I can't deny that after I posted I briefly considered editing to reword, worried that someone might think I was talking about Moore.

B)

LeansToTheRight

Accepted and forgiven. I can't deny that after I posted I briefly considered editing to reword, worried that someone might think I was talking about Moore.

B)

No honest person would read your post and think you were referring to Moore. On queue, Ladybird chimes in with (yet another) misreading of someone's post. Color me not surprised. Don't edit your post. If morons can't read, that is their problem not yours.

MontyPython

No honest person would read your post and think you were referring to Moore. On queue, Ladybird chimes in with (yet another) misreading of someone's post. Color me not surprised. Don't edit your post. If morons can't read, that is their problem not yours.

:2up:

It will remain unedited.

:yes:

mjperry51

Actually none of the allegations have been proven yet. In a court of law -- the only court that should count. . .

SARGE

Actually none of the allegations have been proven yet. In a court of law -- the only court that should count. . .

For the left, the accusations are all that matter.

Guilty until proven innocent.

It's the Alinsky way.

• Disagree (-1) 1

Dean Adam Smithee

The Teflon Sean.

Not Necessarily. I was listening to his radio show today. Just NOW, in fact, for the past hour on WSB Radio Atlanta.

One day later... and he's walking back his support of Judge Moore so fast your head would spin.

mjperry51

Not Necessarily. I was listening to his radio show today. Just NOW, in fact, for the past hour on WSB Radio Atlanta.

One day later... and he's walking back his support of Judge Moore so fast your head would spin.

Been listening to Sean off and on -- not sure this is true. . .

Taggart Transcontinental

The Teflon Sean.

And today he's selling Roy Moore out, why? because he initially defended him. Now the "evidence" is overpowering? A obviously forged date in a year book? Really that's your evidence?

Take that to the magistrate, swear out a warrant, and go on record as to the exact story for the police. Then we shall see if this is a real crime. Until then it's all he said she said. There is no statute of limitations on sexual assault.

Taggart Transcontinental

Unless of course you are trying to burn a witch in Salem, then this will do.

Dean Adam Smithee

Been listening to Sean off and on -- not sure this is true. . .

Well, maybe I exaggerated JUST a bit. He didn't come right out and say he believes Moore was guilty, but his position definitely has 'softened'. He sounded MUCH more on-the-fence than just this past Friday.

Give him a bit. If (God Forbid) Moore goes down in flames, I predict that by then Hannity will be saying that he knew all along that Moore was guilty.

Me? I'm still on Moore's side. Kinda funny, really, because I've never been a Roy Moore 'fan'; I've always thought he was something of a gadfly but, god love 'em all, we NEED those types. Yet here I am. I just don't like seeing ANYBODY railroaded. I ESPECIALLY don't like seeing someone railroaded by the left who will call out the speck of dust in someone else's eye whilst ignoring the splinter in their own eye (Mt. 7:1-5).

mjperry51

Well, maybe I exaggerated JUST a bit. He didn't come right out and say he believes Moore was guilty, but his position definitely has 'softened'. He sounded MUCH more on-the-fence than just this past Friday.

My take is Hannity has always railed against the lynch mob mentality when there were merely allegations. His position as to Moore's situation has been far less accommodating as the additional allegations have become public. It's the guilty until proven innocent scenario that I believe he detests - at least that's how I hear him . . .

Give him a bit. If (God Forbid) Moore goes down in flames, I predict that by then Hannity will be saying that he knew all along that Moore was guilty.

Time will tell. .

Me? I'm still on Moore's side. Kinda funny, really, because I've never been a Roy Moore 'fan'; I've always thought he was something of a gadfly but, god love 'em all, we NEED those types. Yet here I am. I just don't like seeing ANYBODY railroaded. I ESPECIALLY don't like seeing someone railroaded by the left who will call out the speck of dust in someone else's eye whilst ignoring the splinter in their own eye (Mt. 7:1-5).

I hate how this happened, and the utter hypocrisy of the Left. As far as guilt or innocence -- it certainly doesn't look good. But the last I heard we still had a trial system to deal with this.And based on whet we know at this point absent any witnesses a conviction will occur based on circumstantial evidence.

Dutch13
1510700303[/url]' post='685463997']

I bet that he and Keurig had a heart to heart and decided to meet halfway.

Howsithangin

Hmm, it would seem that "we the people" do have a bit of power---power of the purse, that is---after all. :coolshades:

MontyPython

Sean Hannity gives Roy Moore an ultimatum: Explain yourself or get out of the Alabama Senate race

Bryan Logan Nov 15, 2017, 2:18 AM ET

http://www.businessinsider.com/sean-hannity-roy-moore-ultimatum-sexual-misconduct-claims-2017-11

Good times...

See? Hannity has approached the issue fairly and objectively from the beginning. Just as I said.

B)

mjperry51

See? Hannity has approached the issue fairly and objectively from the beginning. Just as I said.

B)

I think you owe Ladybird a glass of wine for making your point. . .

whistling.gif

MontyPython

I think you owe Ladybird a glass of wine for making your point. . .

whistling.gif

No wine around here, LOL. She'll hafta settle for beer. Real dark beer.

:drinkers:

Italian Biker

For the left, the accusations are all that matter.

Guilty until proven innocent.

It's the Alinsky way.

Well, if you're conservative. They ignore when it's one of their own.