Caught: CNN Altered Yearbook Signature to Make It Look More Authentic

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

Caught: CNN Altered Yearbook Signature to Make It Look More Authentic

https://conservativetribune.com

BY KIM SMITH

NOVEMBER 16, 2017

Article:

Living up to its “fake news” moniker, CNN has stooped to a new low by appearing to alter an image of the yearbook page allegedly signed by Republican senatorial candidate Roy Moore.

If you’ll recall, an Alabama woman named Beverly Young Nelson has accused Moore of attempting to sexually assault her in the late 1970s, when she would have around 16 years old.

Moore has denied the claims.

As proof of Moore’s interest in her, Nelson produced a high school yearbook, which she claimed the judge signed.

The signature read, “To a sweeter more beautiful girl I could not say, ‘Merry Christmas.’ Love, Roy Moore DA, 12-22-77, Olde Hickory House.”

Discrepancies with the signature and Moore’s last name in particular, raised speculation over whether the signature was authentic.

On Monday, CNN posted an image of the message written on the yearbook page.

It looked to be written in two different shades of ink

On Wednesday, however, the news outlet posted a different image of the page. In that image, all of the words appeared to be written in black ink.

It would seem that CNN doctored the image to make it look more uniform, which appears to be an attempt to discredit those who are questioning the validity of Moore’s signature.

Full Story

Taggart Transcontinental

Well there's the answer to that question. I was wondering why two different versions of the picture had two different appearances. Guess we now know. By the way this could fit the bill for libel. Remember in order to prove libelous conduct by a newspaper you have to prove they had malicious intent. Them altering the coloration of their picture now opens them up to libel in a court. They would have had to do it intentionally in order to create more harm on the candidate.

They could be potentially SCREWED!

Wouldn't it be wonderful seeing CNN go up in smoke over this? I would love to see a telecast of breitbartTV come out of a CNN studio.

E Van der Vliet

I’m sorry, while there may be a lot of smoke here, I think the media is try to start the fire.

I just don’t trust these accounts. Even though there may be some there there, the media’s full throttle attack has me giving Moore the benefit of the doubt.

However, I am not an Alabama voter. So I do not matter in this.

But the media is off the hook corrupt here.

ThePatriot

This surprises who?

And I don't expect any of our resident leftists to come in here and slam CNN for their despicable tactics.

If it was Fox news that did this, you can bet they would be screaming their heads off about it.

Edited by ThePatriot

Dean Adam Smithee

Well there's the answer to that question. I was wondering why two different versions of the picture had two different appearances. Guess we now know. By the way this could fit the bill for libel. Remember in order to prove libelous conduct by a newspaper you have to prove they had malicious intent. Them altering the coloration of their picture now opens them up to libel in a court. They would have had to do it intentionally in order to create more harm on the candidate.

Wouldn't it be wonderful seeing CNN go up in smoke over this? I would love to see a telecast of breitbartTV come out of a CNN studio.

I started to address this in another thread, because I think it's a LARGE part of why these lies never got published until a deep-pockets out-of-state entity could do it.

CNN, and WaPo for that matter, are unfortunately all but untouchable on something like this. Roy Moore is an AL resident. CNN is a GA Corporation (As far as I know, unless they've offshored somehow); Likewise WaPo is a DC corporation (Again, AFAIK). Disputes between "interstate" parties automatically go to Federal Court. And as we all know, Federal Judges as a whole not only tend to be more Liberal than state judges, but are also MUCH more Establishment-friendly. Heck, lifetime-appointed Federal judges ARE part of the "establishment". Roy Moore will NOT find a friendly audience in Federal court. And remember, Judge Moore has already gone up against an unfriendly federal court on the Ten Commandments brouhaha.

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Financial ruin isn't good enough for them.

They all deserve to serve lengthy prison sentences/forfeiting many years their lives of freedom. Everyone involved in the plot and everyone who knowingly pushed the false narrative.

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

This surprises who?

And I don't expect any of our resident leftists to come in here an slam CNN for their despicable tactics.

If it was Fox news that did this, you can be they would be screaming their heads off about it.

CNN has been caught faking practically everything back to and including the Gulf War coverage.

CNN is a government run propaganda arm of the NSA and CIA.