To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Liz

Trump’s Asia Tour Was A Triumph For Him Ad A Failure For The US Media

Rate this topic

Liz

Trump’s Asia Tour Was A Triumph For Him Ad A Failure For The US Media Because His Hosts Did What Our Press Refuses To - They Treated Him With Respect

By Piers Morgan for MailOnline

Updated: 06:17 EST, 15 November 2017

Excerpt:

Trump finds success in Asia’ screamed the CNN headline.

Wait, WHAT?

Every part of that sentence is bordering on unprecedented.

First, Donald Trump being called a ‘success’ during his tenure as President of the United States by someone other than himself or his White House staff.

Second, CNN, his most entrenched mainstream media enemy, being the ones to say it.

Yet what else could my old network say?

By any yardstick, Trump’s 12-day tour to Japan, South Korea, China, Vietnam and the Philippines has been a resounding triumph.

The main purpose of such a trip for any US president is to shore up relations with the countries you are visiting, and their leaders, and to represent America in a good, positive way.

Trump did all that. And he did it with an ease, confidence, respect and good humour that often seems sorely lacking back home when he’s strutting around the White House in what seems like perpetual rage.

He may be one of the most divisive presidents in history, but in terms of his celebrity status, already very big before he even ran for office, Trump’s also a political superstar of almost unprecedented proportions.

Hence the amazing scenes of excitement that have greeted him throughout the tour.

It’s been notable to see how much his numerous hosts have lavished him with extravagant praise and parades, just as we saw on his previous visits to places like Saudi Arabia and France.

They’ve worked out how to make Trump happy: treat him like the most powerful man in the world.

For a guy so widely reviled and scorned in his own country, this high level of ostentatious respect must come as a blessed relief from the relentless hour-by-hour war of attrition he wages at home with anyone and everyone from the media to grieving war widows.

*snip*

Full Article

MontyPython

For a guy so widely reviled and scorned in his own country...

He's only "reviled and scorned" because there are so many childish sore losers.

B)

Gertie Keddle

Why no one is talking about Trump’s game-changing deal

Salena Zito

NY Post

Excerpt:

Glen Dale, W. Va. — Bad news travels fast. Good news, meanwhile, doesn’t seem to travel at all.

Last weekend in Beijing, as part of his 12-day trip to Asia, President Trump announced that the US and China had signed an $83.7 billion memorandum of understanding to create a number of petrochemical projects in West Virginia over the next 20 years.

If the agreement holds tight, it is an economic game changer for the state.

And yet, speaking to the locals here, you wouldn’t even know it had happened.

“I am surprised I heard nothing about it on the national news, nor in my local paper and newscasts,” said Jerald Stephens, 67, a West Virginia native and union rep, who has been a keen observer of local politics for as long as he can remember.

The BBC and CNN covered the news in their business sections, while The New York Times picked up a short story by The Associated Press on the deal. The stories’ headlines were muted; their placement low-key.

“One would have suspected that the prospect of an investment this large — nearly three times the total annual budget for the department of energy — would have been front-page news,” said Paul Sracic, political-science professor at nearby Youngstown State University.

Part of this is the fault of the president himself. He never once tweeted about his deal to his 42.8 million followers, but instead used Twitter to attack old foes on his trip, including the media (“While in the Philippines I was forced to watch @CNN, which I have not done in months, and again realized how bad, and FAKE, it is. Loser!”) and the leader of North Korea (“Why would Kim Jong-un insult me by calling me ‘old,’ when I would NEVER call him ‘short and fat?’ Oh well, I try so hard to be his friend — and maybe someday that will happen!”).

His fighting talk was covered hungrily by a hostile mainstream media, while his more constructive work got buried.

So far, the details about how China Energy will invest nearly $84 billion in West Virginia — the biggest of several deals totaling $250 billion signed by Trump in China — are scant. The first stage is reportedly scheduled to begin in the next six to eight months with the building of at least two natural gas-fired power plants likely located in Brooke and Harrison counties, both of which have suffered substantial job and population losses, as well as wage stagnation, over the past 30 years.

Article