To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Liz

Networks Downplay Senator Warren’s Lies About Her Heritage

Rate this topic

pict

She lied about being an American Indian, not a Pakistani.

heheheheh...

Okay, she should be working as the laundry woman in a whorehouse. That's all she's fit for.

Taggart Transcontinental

Why couldn't he just honor the two Navajo gentleman without being an ass? It was supposed to be about them, not Trump or Warren.

And yes it is a slur when the name used as an insult. Trump has been told this before, but he doesn't give a <censored> because everything is always about him.

Because you democrats have shown us never to miss an opportunity to use something politically. You created this mud puddle now enjoy it.

Secondly, it's not a slur, he's calling to her checkered past. You do realize that in order to be a "native" American you have to be registered by a Tribe. She has no affiliation to any tribe and therefore is not entitled to the hiring preferences that launched her career those years ago.

MontyPython

What are Senator Warren’s lies about her heritage supposed to be? If a person is only 1/32 native American is it truly a crime or offensive to be proud of the 1/32 part. Did she ever use it to get an advantage or is that just a rumor?

Trump gained nothing buy insulting her instead of honoring the Navajos who helped us win WWII. Though it is no surprise at all that his cult following defends him for it.

ROFLMAO

It's hilariously ironic when somebody (like you) who jumps on every opportunity to slander Trump (without any credible reason) refers to anybody else as part of a "cult following". If you yourself weren't so steeped in the anti-Trump cult, you'd be embarrassed about continually making such a fool of yourself around here.

:rolleyes:

Ladybird

"Boy" is a racial slur because it is used by bigots toward any generic back man. "Pocahontas" or "fauxcahontas" refers to a specific person who lied about her heritage to get into Harvard and to claim racism whenever she is criticized. Since it is not used towards Indians in general but to a specific woman, it is no more of a racial slur than calling Moore "pervy" a racial slur towards white people.

I shouldn't have to explain this to you. If you were honest with yourself, you'd admit it and stop with the "racial slur" nonsense. As far as Trump using the occasion to hit a political enemy? Tasteless, but so what? All politicians are opportunistic and it's what you should expect. You pretend to be outraged over everything he does. Maybe some of us would be concerned if you didn't cry "WOLF" every Goddamn day.

Other native Americans are saying that using the name of an historical figure this way is insulting, making it a slur. Why can’t you and the president respect that?

I haven’t seen Warren’s DNA results, but if she’s a fraud, then call her a fraud.

If someone were pretending to be Jewish would you think it was funny or appropriate to call her Anne Frank?

Edited by Ladybird

oki

heheheheh...

Okay, she should be working as the laundry woman in a whorehouse. That's all she's fit for.

I was thinking cleaning stables on some Rez' somewhere... After all she is so full of sh$t that shoveling it should be second nature.

Oki

E Van der Vliet

Other native Americans are saying that using the name of an historical figure this way is insulting, making it a slur. Why can’t you and the president respect that?

I haven’t seen Warren’s DNA results, but if she’s a fraud, then call her a fraud.

If someone were pretending to be Jewish would you think it was funny or appropriate to call her Anne Frank?

Are you Native American?

oki

Anne Frank was an innocent human being who was persecuted and made to die a horrible death solely because of her faith and ancestry. Warren has lied through her teeth about hers and has suffered 0 consequence for it. In fact it has been quite the opposite, she has used it to enhance her career.

Funny thing really, no one who is of minority status ever seems to give a damn about saying they have Caucasian D.N.A., but tons of people who are predominantly Caucasian sure seem to like to use minority D.N.A. when it's to their advantage.

Oki

firecoco

One of the code talkers just said that when he was jumping out of an airplane the Marines told him to yell Geronimo.... He wasn’t offended

Ladybird

Anne Frank was an innocent human being who was persecuted and made to die a horrible death solely because of her faith and ancestry. Warren has lied through her teeth about hers and has suffered 0 consequence for it. In fact it has been quite the opposite, she has used it to enhance her career.

Funny thing really, no one who is of minority status ever seems to give a damn about saying they have Caucasian D.N.A., but tons of people who are predominantly Caucasian sure seem to like to use minority D.N.A. when it's to their advantage.

Oki

You completely missed the point.

If Elizabeth Warren were pretending to be Jewish, do you think it would be funny and appropriate to call her Anne Frank?

Ladybird

Are you Native American?

A whole lot more than 1/32.

MontyPython

For the same reason it's impossible to respect accusations of "racism" for telling the truth about Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, etc. Or for opposing race-based affirmative action.

Or accusations of "sexism" for opposing sex-based affirmative action, Title IX, etc.

And so forth. A silly non-credible whine remains a silly non-credible whine even if more than one person is whining.

That's exactly what "Fauxcahontas" IS: It's calling Warren a fraud. Same with "Lieawatha", "Sacaja-whiner", and so forth. The point (obviously) is to single out a single person's fraudulent "native American" claims. Any suggestion it somehow "slurs" all native Americans is extraordinarily stupid.

I dunno...Where's the play on words?

:scratch:

Ladybird

For the same reason it's impossible to respect accusations of "racism" for telling the truth about Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, etc. Or for opposing race-based affirmative action.

Or accusations of "sexism" for opposing sex-based affirmative action, Title IX, etc.

And so forth. A silly non-credible whine remains a silly non-credible whine even if more than one person is whining.

That's exactly what "Fauxcahontas" IS: It's calling Warren a fraud. Same with "Lieawatha", "Sacaja-whiner", and so forth. The point (obviously) is to single out a single person's fraudulent "native American" claims. Any suggestion it somehow "slurs" all native Americans is extraordinarily stupid.

I dunno...Where's the play on words?

:scratch:

It’s not a play on words. It’s a simple question. If someone (like Elizabeth Warren) pretended to be Jewish in whole or in part, would you think it appropriate or funny to call her Anne Frank?

E Van der Vliet

A whole lot more than 1/32.

So does Warren lying about being part Native American not piss you off?

firecoco

It’s not a play on words. It’s a simple question. If someone (like Elizabeth Warren) pretended to be Jewish in whole or in part, would you think it appropriate or funny to call her Anne Frank?

Liz Warren is pretending to be an Indian...The person that’s running against her sent her a DNA kit and she refused to take it

Princess Gray Beaver is a fraud

MontyPython

*sigh*

It's the play on words, specifically, that makes "Fauxcahontas" both funny and appropriate. And again, same with "Lieawatha", "Sacaja-whiner" and so forth. It's the specific use of "faux" & "lie" & "whiner" in reference to a specific liar. Without those specific wordplays, the reference would be meaningless.

So your attempt at comparison just doesn't hold up.

Ladybird

*sigh*

It's the play on words, specifically, that makes "Fauxcahontas" both funny and appropriate. And again, same with "Lieawatha", "Sacaja-whiner" and so forth. It's the specific use of "faux" & "lie" & "whiner" in reference to a specific liar. Without those specific wordplays, the reference would be meaningless.

So your attempt at comparison just doesn't hold up.

He called her Pocahontas.

MontyPython

He called her Pocahontas.

That's not what I heard.

B)

Ladybird

So does Warren lying about being part Native American not piss you off?

Piss me off? Very little pisses me off, even though some of the kiddies here think I’m seething with anger. Rachel what’s her face doesn’t either.

I wouldn’t vote for her however, and not just because of the possible phony resume.

Ladybird

That's not what I heard.

B)

Either way, it’s wrong especially for the president. The name calling is stupid, childish, and is offensive to , eventhough small, a segment of the American population.

Does that not matter?

Edited by Ladybird

MontyPython

Either way, it’s wrong especially for the president. The name calling is stupid, childish, and is offensive, eventhough small, a segment of the American population.

Does that not matter?

Nope. Doesn't matter. As I said before, a silly non-credible whine remains a silly non-credible whine, even when more than one person is whining.

What about those native Americans, no matter how small the group might be, who don't think it's offensive? Don't they matter? I notice you never responded to firecoco's post pointing out the Navajo Code Talker who wasn't offended by "Geronimo". Or my post about my Blackfeet friend who calls Warren "Lieawatha".

B)

E Van der Vliet

Piss me off? Very little pisses me off, even though some of the kiddies here think I’m seething with anger. Rachel what’s her face doesn’t either.

I wouldn’t vote for her however, and not just because of the possible phony resume.

You are seething for something against Trump. Warren is a fraud. She lied about her ancestry to move up the ladder.

She is a dispicable person.

However, your selected outrage is duly noted.

Ladybird

Nope. Doesn't matter. As I said before, a silly non-credible whine remains a silly non-credible whine, even when more than one person is whining.

What about those native Americans, no matter how small the group might be, who don't think it's offensive? Don't they matter? I notice you never responded to firecoco's post pointing out the Navajo Code Talker who wasn't offended by "Geronimo". Or my post about my Blackfeet friend who calls Warren "Lieawatha".

B)

You’ll find blacks who don’t care if call them <censored> too. Doesn’t mean you should say it.

You never answered my question either.

You are seething for something against Trump. Warren is a fraud. She lied about her ancestry to move up the ladder.

She is a dispicable person.

However, your selected outrage is duly noted.

Not seething about either one. She’s not my senator but if she runs for president, I wouldn’t vote for her.

Happy?

Edited by Ladybird

Mrdirt73

B)

For what it's worth, I think POTUS does call her Pocahontas, but I prefer Fauxcahontas as well.

MontyPython

You’ll find blacks who don’t care if call them <censored> too. Doesn’t mean you should say it.

And I don't say it. That's because it's not a "play" on words that points to a specific person's faults.

You never answered my question either.

If you mean the question about Anne Frank, I did answer: It's not a play on words, so any attempt at comparison doesn't hold up.

If you mean a different question you'll have to specify.

B)

Liz

Navajo Code Talker Breaks Silence After Trump Pocahontas Comment – What He Says, Wow

The Daily Caller

Benny Johnson, Reporter At Large

12:09 PM 11/28/2017

[Too short to excerpt]

President Trump began a media firestorm Monday after referring to Elizabeth Warren as “Pocahontas” at a ceremony honoring Navajo code talkers.

“I just want to thank you because you are very, very special people. You were here long before any of us were here. Although, we have a representative in Congress who has been here a long time, longer than you, they call her ‘Pocahontas.'”

Warren responded to the president, calling the comments a “racial slur.”

At Monday’s White House press briefing, Sarah Sanders was asked about the comments and if she thought they were offensive. Sanders said:

“I think what most people find offensive is Senator Warren lying about her heritage to advance her career.”

One voice that has been missing in the debate has been that of the code talkers honored in the ceremony.

Reporter and writer Joshua Green met Thomas Begay, one of the code talkers honored Monday, on his way out of Washington, D.C. Green asked him about the event. Begay said he was “puzzled” about the comment but not offended.

Then Begay dropped a very non safe-space one liner:

“The Marines made us yell ‘Geronimo’ when we jumped out of planes and that didn’t offend me either.”

Link