To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Liz

Networks Downplay Senator Warren’s Lies About Her Heritage

Rate this topic

E Van der Vliet

You’ll find blacks who don’t care if call them <censored> too. Doesn’t mean you should say it.

You never answered my question either.

Not seething about either one. She’s not my senator but if she runs for president, I wouldn’t vote for her.

Happy?

Happy? Ecstatic with Trump, actually. And I was one who couldn’t stand the guy and did not vote for him in the primary.

But damned if he is not exceeding my expectations with his deeds.

Is he crass? Very much so. In fact, I have never liked Trump. Way before him entering politics, I thought the guy a turd.

But he has moved this country in the right direction, IMO.

Pissing off the media and the left is just icing on the cake.

Go Trump!!!

pict

It's not a play on words. It's a simple question. If someone (like Elizabeth Warren) pretended to be Jewish in whole or in part, would you think it appropriate or funny to call her Anne Frank?

I'd call her Shylock.

oki

You completely missed the point.

If Elizabeth Warren were pretending to be Jewish, do you think it would be funny and appropriate to call her Anne Frank?

And your missing mine, their is no comparison in calling her Anne Frank. AGAIN, Warren has suffered 0 consequence over a lie. Frank was imprisoned, starved, and died just because she was Jewish. How about I as a White Guy claim to have black ancestry so I can claim some kind of minority status? Never mind not being able to prove it, never mind living as a Caucasian all my life. Then suddenly I have some black ancestry.

Either way, don't you think it's odd that no one seems to care when a person who lives their life as what ever minority claims partial White Ancestry, but boy oh boy the second a White Person claims what ever ancestry then its a big deal. Ironically I had a co worker who would definitely be called Pail Face that was part Oneida. Largely he got the auto license plates as a sort of novelty to mess with people, but he has enough D.N.A. to be part of the Oneida nation.

Oki

Ladybird

And I don't say it. That's because it's not a "play" on words that points to a specific person's faults.

If you mean the question about Anne Frank, I did answer: It's not a play on words, so any attempt at comparison doesn't hold up.

If you mean a different question you'll have to specify.

B)

He said Pocahontas.

But if it were a ‘play’ on Anne Franks name, that would be exceptable?

Ladybird

And your missing mine, their is no comparison in calling her Anne Frank. AGAIN, Warren has suffered 0 consequence over a lie. Frank was imprisoned, starved, and died just because she was Jewish. How about I as a White Guy claim to have black ancestry so I can claim some kind of minority status? Never mind not being able to prove it, never mind living as a Caucasian all my life. Then suddenly I have some black ancestry.

Either way, don't you think it's odd that no one seems to care when a person who lives their life as what ever minority claims partial White Ancestry, but boy oh boy the second a White Person claims what ever ancestry then its a big deal. Ironically I had a co worker who would definitely be called Pail Face that was part Oneida. Largely he got the auto license plates as a sort of novelty to mess with people, but he has enough D.N.A. to be part of the Oneida nation.

Oki

You’re angry that she hasn’t suffered consequences. That doesn’t make it right.

Severian

I'd call her Shylock.

Nah, The Golem.

oki

Navajo Code Talker Breaks Silence After Trump Pocahontas Comment – What He Says, Wow

The Daily Caller

Benny Johnson, Reporter At Large

12:09 PM 11/28/2017

[Too short to excerpt]

President Trump began a media firestorm Monday after referring to Elizabeth Warren as “Pocahontas” at a ceremony honoring Navajo code talkers.

“I just want to thank you because you are very, very special people. You were here long before any of us were here. Although, we have a representative in Congress who has been here a long time, longer than you, they call her ‘Pocahontas.'”

Warren responded to the president, calling the comments a “racial slur.”

At Monday’s White House press briefing, Sarah Sanders was asked about the comments and if she thought they were offensive. Sanders said:

“I think what most people find offensive is Senator Warren lying about her heritage to advance her career.”

One voice that has been missing in the debate has been that of the code talkers honored in the ceremony.

Reporter and writer Joshua Green met Thomas Begay, one of the code talkers honored Monday, on his way out of Washington, D.C. Green asked him about the event. Begay said he was “puzzled” about the comment but not offended.

Then Begay dropped a very non safe-space one liner:

“The Marines made us yell ‘Geronimo’ when we jumped out of planes and that didn’t offend me either.”

Link

Ka F'ng Boom!!!!

But, truth be told it is said because Geronimo was a gutsy and bold leader. I believe this was due to the fact that he had no issue in jumping of tall cliffs into bodies of water to escape or attack. In a way, it's a sign of respect as well as trying to dissuade ones fears when doing something dangerous.

Oki

oki

You’re angry that she hasn’t suffered consequences. That doesn’t make it right.

Frank suffered death solely for her ancestry, that makes her a martyr and she went on to become a figurehead for the slaughter of Millions of innocent people by the Nazi's. To call someone an Anne Frank is to incur that they have suffered solely for their heritage. Like I said Warren hasn't suffered one damn bit, truth is she has gained from it. If I said I was part black but couldn't prove it and then went on to benefit from it that wouldn't upset you? You wouldn't be ready to drop a few slurs? Fakers and pretenders need to be called out, it's the only way to make the sh$t stop.

Oki

Ladybird

Frank suffered death solely for her ancestry, that makes her a martyr and she went on to become a figurehead for the slaughter of Millions of innocent people by the Nazi's. To call someone an Anne Frank is to incur that they have suffered solely for their heritage. Like I said Warren hasn't suffered one damn bit, truth is she has gained from it. If I said I was part black but couldn't prove it and then went on to benefit from it that wouldn't upset you? You wouldn't be ready to drop a few slurs? Fakers and pretenders need to be called out, it's the only way to make the sh$t stop.

Oki

Then why call her Pocahontas?

Call her a fraud and a liar.

MontyPython

He said Pocahontas.

I think you're wrong about that.

But for the sake of argument, let's pretend it's true. So what? It's still not a "slur" against native Americans, it's a pointed remark about a single person's dishonest claims about a phony native American heritage. That's where native Americans should be offended.

But if it were a ‘play’ on Anne Franks name, that would be exceptable?

(Presuming you meant "acceptable"): If it was a play on Anne Frank's name ("Anne False"..."Anne Fraudulent"...something along similar lines), and was used in reference to a specific person who was lying about having a "Jewish heritage", yes, it would be perfectly acceptable.

B)

oki

Then why call her Pocahontas?

Call her a fraud and a liar.

Wasn't the right thing for Trump to do. But it doesn't take away from the fact that Warren is a liar who has not been called out by the MSM.

Nor is calling someone pretending to be Jewish an Anne Frank either. Perhaps if someone wasn't Jewish and suffered just the same as she is also the face of numerous other WHO WHERE NOT JEWISH who met their ends in the camps as well.

By the way, the popular Disney Pocahontas story has a only a few tidbits which are correct. In short the 'story' is about as real and provable as Warrens Indian D.N.A.

http://totallyhistory.com/pocahontas/

That's why the name, a fake narrative and a fake story to fit an agenda with only a few small pieces of truth in it.

She was an amazing woman but the popular stories are made up B.S., just like Warren's I am part Indian crap.

Oki

Edited by oki

Wag-a-Muffin (D)

Are you aware that anyone can now get a DNA test which will prove where your ancestors came from?

. . .

I am sorry, but you are incorrect about this. As of today (right now) a DNA test won't tell you which tribe, or even if you have Native American blood. My husband is 1/8 Cree. We know this and can prove this through genealogy research. But his DNA test came back--none. When we asked why the tester said, "you have to tell us ahead of time if you are part Native American." And we said, "why would we tell you if we were taking the test to see our genetic heritage."

This is not just "our" test. It is all of them. (DNA research may have come far since the O.J. trial, but it still has a long way to go.)

Magic Rat

Other native Americans are saying that using the name of an historical figure this way is insulting, making it a slur. Why can’t you and the president respect that?

You might have gathered that I don't respect ANYONE who pretends to be offended for political reasons. IF someone chooses to be insulted, it is his problem not mine.

I haven’t seen Warren’s DNA results, but if she’s a fraud, then call her a fraud.

Calling her Pocahontas or Fauxcahontas is calling her a fraud.

If someone were pretending to be Jewish would you think it was funny or appropriate to call her Anne Frank?

"Anne Frank" is a slur now? Listen to yourself. You should be embarrassed. Since you asked, I sure would sarcastically refer to some phony pig pretending to be Jewish so she can fake victim status on line with a young innocent girl killed in the Holocaust, as "Anne Frank".

"Anne Frank over here says she's Jewish so she can benefit from naïve morons who think she can't be criticized."

Is exactly the kind of crack I would make. It doesn't demean Anne Frank at all. It demeans the phony bitch trying to use Miss Frank's experience as her own. The same goes for Warren. Pocahontas herself isn't being insulted. The mousy little broad claiming Pocahontas' experience is.

You know it too. So please, give me a break.

Edited by Magic Rat

firecoco

Princess gray beaver will be on warpath now...Heep big federal judge agreed with President yellow hair about who will be running the CFPB

Wag-a-Muffin (D)

Descendant Of Pocahontas Not Offended By Trump

It's a video. And if Pocahontas' descendant isn't offended by Trump why are some of us and why is this thread so long?

In a September interview with Sky News, Debbie “White Dove” Porreco said that Trump once asked her if it offended her that he used the name “Pocahontas” to refer to the Democratic senator.

“I know that he uses ‘Pocahontas’ sometimes with Elizabeth Warren,” Porreco explained. “He said, ‘well does that offend you when I use that?’ And I told him no, it doesn’t offend me.”

Edited by Wag-a-Muffin (D)

Noclevermoniker

Looks like the lefties pulled an 0-fer on this one. Although you've got to kinda admire the contortions and windmill tilting that has to go on to defend their feigned "outrage."

MontyPython

Descendant Of Pocahontas Not Offended By Trump

It's a video. And if Pocahontas' descendant isn't offended by Trump why are some of us and why is this thread so long?

In a September interview with Sky News, Debbie “White Dove” Porreco said that Trump once asked her if it offended her that he used the name “Pocahontas” to refer to the Democratic senator.

“I know that he uses ‘Pocahontas’ sometimes with Elizabeth Warren,” Porreco explained. “He said, ‘well does that offend you when I use that?’ And I told him no, it doesn’t offend me.”

There ya go. That should be the end of this. Once and for all. Period.

But knowing mindless leftists and their phony politically-motivated "outrage", I doubt this will matter.

<_<

pict

I am sorry, but you are incorrect about this. As of today (right now) a DNA test won't tell you which tribe, or even if you have Native American blood. My husband is 1/8 Cree. We know this and can prove this through genealogy research. But his DNA test came back--none. When we asked why the tester said, "you have to tell us ahead of time if you are part Native American." And we said, "why would we tell you if we were taking the test to see our genetic heritage."

This is not just "our" test. It is all of them. (DNA research may have come far since the O.J. trial, but it still has a long way to go.)

Yes they can, they can tell where your ancestors came from. 'Forked tongue' is implying her roots are from around the 19th century, so it's no big deal.

They've been able to do this since 2,000 and now the testing is easily available and even more advanced. If she has native American blood in her, then it'll show up. There's different means of testing, basically based on price. But since she knows what the issue is and if the company insist on being given advice to look for a specific, primarily; what's the problem with the 'squaw' doing that and telling them?

Edited by pict

Ladybird

You might have gathered that I don't respect ANYONE who pretends to be offended for political reasons. IF someone chooses to be insulted, it is his problem not mine.

Calling her Pocahontas or Fauxcahontas is calling her a fraud.

"Anne Frank" is a slur now? Listen to yourself. You should be embarrassed. Since you asked, I sure would sarcastically refer to some phony pig pretending to be Jewish so she can fake victim status on line with a young innocent girl killed in the Holocaust, as "Anne Frank".

"Anne Frank over here says she's Jewish so she can benefit from naïve morons who think she can't be criticized."

Is exactly the kind of crack I would make. It doesn't demean Anne Frank at all. It demeans the phony bitch trying to use Miss Frank's experience as her own. The same goes for Warren. Pocahontas herself isn't being insulted. The mousy little broad claiming Pocahontas' experience is.

You know it too. So please, give me a break.

I happen to know several who would be offended if you used Anne Frank as a joke name. But you have your own crowd. The president supposedly speaks to everyone. If she's a fraud, call her a fraud (at an appropriate time, not while honoring two native Americans). Name calling is for children and morons.

And yes, again, there are plenty of people who don't care what kind name you use or how you reference ethnicity. Still doesn't make it right or presidential.

MontyPython

There ya go. That should be the end of this. Once and for all. Period.

But knowing mindless leftists and their phony politically-motivated "outrage", I doubt this will matter.

<_<

I happen to know several who would be offended if you used Anne Frank as a joke name. But you have your own crowd. The president supposedly speaks to everyone. If she's a fraud, call her a fraud (at an appropriate time, not while honoring two native Americans). Name calling is for children and morons.

And yes, again, there are plenty of people who don't care what kind name you use or how you reference ethnicity. Still doesn't make it right or presidential.

I rest my case.

B)

Magic Rat

That means that those you know would have a problem.

I already agreed the timing was tasteless so save your phony indignation for someone who is impressed. The insult was to Warren not any Indians. You know it. I know it.

Like I said, if you stopped with the crying 'WOLF' every day, I might one day believe you are truly offended. I know you aren't. Just another example of your unhealthy obsession with Trump.

Edited by Magic Rat

firecoco

You’ve been going at it since 5:15 this morning....Do you have a life?

Buckwheat Jones

This is ridiculous. I seriously doubt trump put this much thought into any of it. He called her Pocahontas to taunt her for using bullsh!t to curry favor with minorities and to get undeserved breaks in college. She’s a phony and a liar. Trump is being childish. But he’s not being pc. I say good for him because nobody’s feelings are actually being hurt. Except maybe warrens.

Wag-a-Muffin (D)

Yes they can, they can tell where your ancestors came from. 'Forked tongue' is implying her roots are from around the 19th century, so it's no big deal.

They've been able to do this since 2,000 and now the testing is easily available and even more advanced. If she has native American blood in her, then it'll show up. There's different means of testing, basically based on price. But since she knows what the issue is and if the company insist on being given advice to look for a specific, primarily; what's the problem with the 'squaw' doing that and telling them?

I don't want to argue with you, Pict. But did you read my comment? We had our DNA tested by a reputable company. My husband is 1/8 Cree. We can prove it. But his DNA said he was 90 + EUROPEAN!

People think that there’s a DNA test that can prove if somebody is Native American or not. There isn’t.

-Kim Tallbear is an anthropologist at the University of Texas, Austin. She is a member of the Sisseton Wahpeton Oyate, part of the Santee Dakota people in South Dakota. She is the author of Native American DNA: Tribal belonging and the false promise of genetic science (University of Minnesota Press)

Howsithangin

Inappropriate timing? Yes. Juvenile? Sorta, yeah. Mildly amusing? yes. Below a president, perhaps. But worthy of this much ink? Not at all.

:coffeenpc: