To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Liz

FL School Shooting Survivor: CNN Told Me "I Needed To Stick To The

Rate this topic

MontyPython

Oh please. He just happened to cut out the three words that changed the meaning of the phrase?

I hear there's a bridge at the end of Manhattan with a for sale sign.

This email that the dad shopped around as proof that CNN wanted the kid to read a script, was the basis for the tweeter in chief, once again, crying "Fake News!".

Wait, what?

Even if we agree the father acted in bad faith, you'll use it to bash Trump (again)?

You really care nothing for honesty, credibility, scruples, etc, do you? Did Trump "instruct" the father to do anything wrong? Did Trump "know" the father did anything wrong?

You really have no shame anymore.

:rolleyes:

Ladybird

Wait, what?

Even if we agree the father acted in bad faith, you'll use it to bash Trump (again)?

You really care nothing for honesty, credibility, scruples, etc, do you? Did Trump "instruct" the father to do anything wrong? Did Trump "know" the father did anything wrong?

You really have no shame anymore.

No, Trump took the misinformation by the father to, once again, bash the press without getting his facts straight. Has he apologized for yet another one of his childish rants? Of course not.

Edited by Ladybird

MontyPython

No, Trump took the misinformation by the father to, once again, bash the press without getting his facts straight. Has he apologized for yet another one of his childish rants? Of course not.

And just how often have you apologized for not bothering to get your facts straight about Trump?

B)

Ladybird

And just how often have you apologized for not bothering to get your facts straight about Trump?

B)

I’m not a journalist or a politician who is making public statements. The president has the bully pulpit by virtue of his office.

MontyPython

I’m not a journalist or a politician who is making public statements. The president has the bully pulpit by virtue of his office.

I see. So that excuses you for not bothering to get your facts straight before condemning somebody.

(And FYI - Just because you might not know it - "Bully pulpit" doesn't mean "bully" the same way we use that word these days. When Teddy Roosevelt coined the term, he was using "bully" to mean "outstanding"..."superb"..."wonderful"...etc, not as a term meaning to intimidate somebody by threat of force.)

B)

Ladybird

I see. So that excuses you for not bothering to get your facts straight before condemning somebody.

(And FYI - Just because you might not know it - "Bully pulpit" doesn't mean "bully" the same way we use that word these days. When Teddy Roosevelt coined the term, he was using "bully" to mean "outstanding"..."superb"..."wonderful"...etc, not as a term meaning to intimidate somebody by threat of force.)

B)

I know what it means. He holds this position and therefore has the bully pulpit. When Trump exaggerates, tells ‘white lies’ (what a stupid term) or outright whoppers, his words have the authority of the office he holds.

MontyPython

I know what it means. He holds this position and therefore has the bully pulpit. When Trump exaggerates, tells ‘white lies’ (what a stupid term) or outright whoppers, his words have the authority of the office he holds.

So my point still stands - You feel it's OK to condemn Trump for failing to live up to standards you feel no need to live up to yourself.

B)

Ladybird

So my point still stands - You feel it's OK to condemn Trump for failing to live up to standards you feel no need to live up to yourself.

B)

You didn't cite any instances of my supposedly lying mistaken about Trump, so exactly what am I supposed to be living up to?

What I have noticed is that between this president and the last, your standards have lowered considerably.

MontyPython

You didn't cite any instances of my supposedly lying mistaken about Trump, so exactly what am I supposed to be living up to?

:blink:

Seriously? Oh brother. Well OK, right off the top of my head, how about this very thread? Remember how you condemned Trump because of Colton's father's alleged misdeeds, without any proof, evidence, or indication whatsoever that Trump knew anything about those alleged misdeeds?

And of course, that's just the most recent, most obvious, off-the-top-of-my-head example. Ever since the election you've thrown all semblance of scruples and credibility out the window with both hands. You jump at EVERY excuse to condemn Trump, no matter how mythical or ridiculous the charge might be.

What I have noticed is that between this president and the last, your standards have lowered considerably.

That is pure horsesh*t. If Trump was guilty of half the dishonesty, hypocrisy, stupidity, crimes, racism, etc, of Obama and his crime syndicate...er..."administration", I'd be condemning him every bit as loudly as I ever condemned Obama.

B)

Edited by MontyPython

Ladybird

:blink:

Seriously? Oh brother. Well OK, right off the top of my head, how about this very thread? Remember how you condemned Trump because of Colton's father's alleged misdeeds, without any proof, evidence, or indication whatsoever that Trump knew anything about those alleged misdeeds?

And of course, that's just the most recent, most obvious, off-the-top-of-my-head example. Ever since the election you've thrown all semblance of scruples and credibility out the window with both hands. You jump at EVERY excuse to condemn Trump, no matter how mythical or ridiculous the charge might be.

That is pure horsesh*t. If Trump was guilty of half the dishonesty, hypocrisy, stupidity, crimes, racism, etc, of Obama and his crime syndicate...er..."administration", I'd be condemning him every bit as loudly as I ever condemned Obama.

B)

All I pointed out is that Trump, once again, made a point of tweeting an accusatory finger at the press being "FAKE NEWS!", and making childish cracks about low ratings, when he did not have all the facts. Trump made himself part of the story when he tweeted this. He is the president and everyone listens to him. This is the same as Obama making himself part of the story with the "stupidly" or the "looks like he could be my kid" remarks. Trump put himself in this.

Edited by Ladybird

MontyPython

All I pointed out is that Trump, once again, made a point of tweeting an accusatory finger at the press being "FAKE NEWS!", and making childish cracks about low ratings, when he did not have all the facts. Trump made himself part of the story when he tweeted this. He is the president and everyone listens to him. This is the same as Obama making himself part of the story with the "stupidly" or the "looks like he could be my kid" remarks. Trump put himself in this.

So we're in round 2 (or 3?) of the dance. I'll point out that you also jump on every anti-Trump bandwagon without bothering about the facts.

Then you'll say something like "But he's the president, and I'm not!"

Then I'll say "So you demand certain standards from Trump that you feel no obligation to live up to, yourself."

And you'll say "Where did I fail to account for the facts?"

And 'round and 'round and 'round we'll go.

I'm bored with it. Aren't you?

B)

Kevin

So we're in round 2 (or 3?) of the dance. I'll point out that you also jump on every anti-Trump bandwagon without bothering about the facts.

Then I'll say "So you demand certain standards from Trump that you feel no obligation to live up to, yourself."

B)

I love how you accuse Ladybird of not having the facts when she actually does. While your first post was a fact free, false screed against CNN. You are the worst kind of liar and hypocrite.

MontyPython

I love how you accuse Ladybird of not having the facts when she actually does. While your first post was a fact free, false screed against CNN. You are the worst kind of liar and hypocrite.

LOL. Y'know, if such an accusation came from somebody with anything resembling credibility or objectivity, I might be offended.

But I've witnessed your own hilariously mindless anti-Trump stuff. So rant away.

ROFL.

:lol:

Edited by MontyPython

Ladybird

B)

No.

Once again you accuse me of bearing false witness against Trump, I ask "where?" and you give me nothing, except attacks on MY character.

This was about CNN supposedly giving this boy a script to read for a town hall, and as proof his father offered a doctored email, which made headlines. This false accusation also sparked a reaction of attacking the press out of our president, once again.

Please, tell me what part of this have I gotten wrong?

Edited by Ladybird

RedSoloCup

:crybaby2:

MontyPython

No.

Once again you accuse me of bearing false witness against Trump, I ask "where?" and you give me nothing, except attacks on MY character.

*sigh*

I already gave you one example. Here's another: Did you or did you not insist Trump's (absolutely true) comment that both sides at Charlottesville included good people, and that both sides were to blame for the violence, somehow indicated "racism" on his part? And/or that it somehow suggested he "supports" the skinheads/neo-nazis/whatever who were there?

This was about CNN supposedly giving this boy a script to read for a town hall, and as proof his father offered a doctored email, which made headlines. This false accusation also sparked a reaction of attacking the press out of our president, once again.

Please, tell me what part of this have I gotten wrong?

You mean besides using the father's alleged misdeeds to unfairly attack the president (again)?

B)