MontyPython

Leftist Students Freak Out

Rate this topic

MontyPython

Leftist Students Freak Out When Panel Agrees Men And Women Are Different

Feb 26, 2018

Hank Berrien

The Daily Wire

On February 17, Portland State University held an event to discuss viewpoint diversity moderated by PSU philosophy professor Peter Boghossian, with a panel including former Evergreen State biologist Heather E. Heying, writer Helen Pluckrose, and former Google engineer James DaMore, who was fired in 2017 after writing a memo about the biological differences between men and women. When Heying spoke of the simple biological differences between men and women, some leftist activists hilariously threw a fit, rising up in protest and sabotaging the sound system as they exited.

At the event, which was titled, "We Need to Talk About Diversity," Boghossian preceded the brouhaha by asking Pluckrose what “social constructivism” meant. Pluckrose responded, “It’s the idea that all of our traits, our characteristics, abilities, cognitive, psychological, behavioral, are learned from societal norms; the idea that there can be innate or biological or inherited differences are dismissed. And so, we’re in a position where if there is injustice, or if there is an imbalance anywhere, sort of an inequality of representation, then the explanation for that can be the societal injustice.”

Boghossian turned to Heying, asking, “What can we take from what Helen said to help us make sense of James’ memo?”

Heying answered, “James argues, accurately, that there are differences between men and women. This is a strange position to be in, to be arguing for something that is so universally and widely accepted within biology. What is not as widely accepted is that culture is also evolutionary; but I’m going to argue that both biology and culture are both evolutionary. Let’s look at differences between men and women that are explicitly anatomical and physiological; are men taller than women on average? Does anyone take offense at that fact? I would say you could be irritated by it; you could be irritated by the fact that women have to be the ones who gestate and lactate; you could be irritated by a lot of truths—”

At that point a young woman with green hair stood up and led the protesters out.

Heying continued, “—but taking offense is a response that is a reflection of reality. So, men and women are different on height; they’re different on muscle mass; they’re different on where fat is deposited on our bodies. Our brains are also different.”

At this juncture the exiting protesters knocked over something in the rear of the auditorium, deliberately sabotaging the sound system.

Heying calmly continued, “So there are some binaries—”

Someone called “Security!”

Boghossian interrupted, “This is what happens — did they shut off the volume? Can everybody hear?

As one woman was led away by police, she ranted, “He’s a piece of s***. That is not okay. Even the women in there have been brainwashed!”

A young male protester pontificated, “… should not listen to fascism. It should not be tolerated in civil society. Nazis are not welcome in civil society."

As the young woman left, she called out, “F*** the police! Power to the people!”

*snip*

More Leftist Insanity Here

(Linked article includes video)

So......Irrefutable biological fact is "fascism"..."brainwashing"..."nazi"...

Remember way back in Ye Olde Dayes when colleges and universities were centers for learning? When the students were considered the best, the "cream of the crop", and the professors were revered and honored for their wisdom and intelligence?

Yeah, I know. :confused: You have to be old like me to remember that far back.

:hairpull:

Oathtaker

Good grief.

It’s hard for me to even take this seriously this is like something the Onion would write.

I wonder if they realize the real world for the most part considers their reactions borderline psychotic?

SARGE

Leftist Students Freak Out When Panel Agrees Men And Women Are Different

Remember way back in Ye Olde Dayes when colleges and universities were centers for learning? When the students were considered the best, the "cream of the crop", and the professors were revered and honored for their wisdom and intelligence?

Yeah, I know. :confused: You have to be old like me to remember that far back.

:hairpull:

Monty, I'm older than you and I can't remember that far back.

In 1975 I was looking at grad schools and considered Portland State. Even then I found it to 'nutty' for my taste. Ended up choosing U. of Montana.

• Disagree (-1) 1

Taggart Transcontinental

Good for the instructors! About time we pushed back against the insanity of these wannabe men.

MontyPython

Monty, I'm older than you and I can't remember that far back.

In 1975 I was looking at grad schools and considered Portland State. Even then I found it to 'nutty' for my taste. Ended up choosing U. of Montana.

Yeah I know, my "college years" would've started in 1973, and everything was pretty nutso by then. Chose to go to work instead.

But I can remember back to when I was about 5 or 6 (i.e. about 1960.) Back then the beatniks were dopey, but they weren't a "majority". They were (rightfully) just a small fringe element on campus, and nobody took them seriously. Nowadays the mindless nitwits are apparently the majority, the "mainstream", the typical representative of college "thinking".

<_<

BARman29

The sort of instance that could potentially make one weep for our future.

Severian

Yeah I know, my "college years" would've started in 1973, and everything was pretty nutso by then. Chose to go to work instead.

But I can remember back to when I was about 5 or 6 (i.e. about 1960.) Back then the beatniks were dopey, but they weren't a "majority". They were (rightfully) just a small fringe element on campus, and nobody took them seriously. Nowadays the mindless nitwits are apparently the majority, the "mainstream", the typical representative of college "thinking".

<_<

Don't you be badmouthin Maynard G. Krebs now.

Mid to late 70s undergrad college for me. Going to a commuter school in Florida, heavy emphasis on math/science/engineering (before the admin president changed to one who was all "liberal arts" focused), not a lot of nonsense going on. The biggest on campus protest signs I saw were during the energy crisis, they said "Burn Iranians, Not Oil."

MontyPython

Don't you be badmouthin Maynard G. Krebs now.

I can dig the crazy scene, Daddy-O.

;)

Mid to late 70s undergrad college for me. Going to a commuter school in Florida, heavy emphasis on math/science/engineering (before the admin president changed to one who was all "liberal arts" focused), not a lot of nonsense going on. The biggest on campus protest signs I saw were during the energy crisis, they said "Burn Iranians, Not Oil."

I remember those signs very well!

:yes:

gravelrash

"Nazis are not welcome in a civilized society". So we're going to act like Nazis by shouting you down and destroying property to silence you!

Get a job, you little bastards. My Social Security check isn't going to pay for itself.

Buckwheat Jones

Why do these headcases always look like amorphous asexual blobs of goo with stupid hair? They all remind me of Mr. Smee from Peter Pan.

Buckwheat Jones

"Nazis are not welcome in a civilized society". So we're going to act like Nazis by shouting you down and destroying property to silence you!

Get a job, you little bastards. My Social Security check isn't going to pay for itself.

Winner.

zurg

We must be tolerant of other opinions! What? Shut the F up! I'm talking!

USNRETWIFE

Why do these headcases always look like amorphous asexual blobs of goo with stupid hair? They all remind me of Mr. Smee from Peter Pan.

And like Smee, I think they definitely lost their marbles.

Edited to say oops, it was Tootles who lost his marbles. Having grown kids, it's been a while since I've revisited Peter Pan.

Edited by USNRETWIFE

Censport

I thought these twits were members of "the party of science" and we were the deniers of an undeniable reality.

gravelrash

I thought these twits were members of "the party of science" and we were the deniers of an undeniable reality.

A high school friend went to the University of Chicago to study neuroscience (brain surgery). He returned home for Christmas break after his first semester. The whole time he talked about his experience and his Psychology 101 professor as his inspiration and mentor.

My friend said his eyes had been opened. He rejected labels because he had become "an anomaly". I pointed out the irony. His response was "you just don't get it". Then I reminded him that we were browsing a thrift store because I wanted a "cute summer dress".

Howsithangin

The sort of instance that could potentially make one weep for our future.

Is it wrong to periodically wish for a "correction" from Mother Nature? I find myself increasingly doing just that.

Some sort of fungus that germinates in college sociology and womyn's studies textbooks.

yeah, well

It all depends on what the word "science" means.

They do tend to that "that look" about 'em for sure.

ETA: I just clicked the link to view said referenced individual.

:unsure: WTF is that?!

Edited by Howsithangin

RedSoloCup

Good for the instructors! About time we pushed back against the insanity of these wannabe men.

Girly Men, aka Trudeaulites.

MontyPython

Love it!

“There seems to be a very strong correlation between your biological mother choosing not to end your life in the womb, and your chances of showing up to a protest about something,” a reporter present at the march said. “I’ve interviewed hundreds of people out here today, and it’s astounding—not a single one of them was terminated when they were still in their mother’s womb.”

Astonishing!

;)

E Van der Vliet

Becuase they all hate themselves and wish they were Captain Hook.

Severian

What? Men and women are different? Obviously these kids are seriously lacking in field work and experience if they are shocked by that. Derp.

Ben Cranklin

When Heying spoke of the simple biological differences between men and women, some leftist activists hilariously threw a fit, rising up in protest and sabotaging the sound system as they exited.

Evidently, there are also some differences between adults and children.