To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
BerkeleyUnderground

Did Anybody Watch the Oscars Last Night?

Rate this topic

BerkeleyUnderground

I actually have watched at least some of the festivities in the past, but just mere moments last night.

And there were two films in the running this year which I did see: "Darkest Hour" and "Dunkirk".

https://www.marketwa...ners-2018-03-04

Italian Biker

No, I don't watch any award shows with mostly a bunch of narcissistic morons who make a living by playing pretend who think they're so important that society would crumble without them and that we need to be told how to think . But yes, those are two movies I'd like to see. I also heard Gary Oldman won best actor, who ever since playing Sid Vicious, has been my favorite actor.

gravelrash

Nope. I had a full day of soccer, rugby 7s, and capped the evening with bull riding.

donsaliman

Nope. I had a full day of soccer, rugby 7s, and capped the evening with bull riding.

Bull riding is a lot better than listening to the bull Sh---- coming from libs

zurg

Nope, I had to shovel <censored> all day, more enjoyable at least.

Wag-a-Muffin (D)

I didn't even realize they were on. (But it wouldn't have made a difference. I haven't enjoyed watching the oscars since Bob Hope?)

MontyPython

Nope. I had nothing whatsoever of any importance to do, and still wouldn't waste my time watching that crap.

One of Greg Gutfeld's guests on Saturday's show (Jim Florentine) put it perfectly, LOL:

"Yeah, I can't wait to hear stale Trump jokes. I wonder if there's gonna be any Trump jokes. I wonder if anybody's gonna say anything bad about the president. I mean it's gonna be crazy, if they go out on that limb that's gonna be nuts. I can't wait for the first person to do that, I'll be like 'Wow, that person really took a chance!'..."

LOL.

:lol:

Ticked@TinselTown

Nope, but MSN had a bunch of stuff to help people who didn't stay in the know about how the trained chimps did last night.

They touted Jimmy Kimmel's biting monologue.

They said that Jennifer Garner's reaction to someone's win has now become a meme.

They said that Frances McDorman asked all the women to stand.

And at no time have I cared to find out what any of it was all about.

These people are arrogant, myopic narcissists whose ignorance is dangerous.

BARman29

Nope. I had nothing whatsoever of any importance to do, and still wouldn't waste my time watching that crap.

One of Greg Gutfeld's guests on Saturday's show (Jim Florentine) put it perfectly, LOL:

"Yeah, I can't wait to hear stale Trump jokes. I wonder if there's gonna be any Trump jokes. I wonder if anybody's gonna say anything bad about the president. I mean it's gonna be crazy, if they go out on that limb that's gonna be nuts. I can't wait for the first person to do that, I'll be like 'Wow, that person really took a chance!'..."

LOL.

:lol:

And yet they supposedly weren't going to say anything about Harvey et al. Don't know cause I didn't watch!

BerkeleyUnderground

I used to refer to the Oscars as part of our cultural heritage but I wonder if these people there realize how culturally adrift we've become.

...that narrow casting to appeal only to segments of our "diversity" seems to me where we're headed.

Ladybird

Nope, didn’t watch.

It seems like I, Tonya (best supporting actress) just came out. I plan to see that one.

I did see Get Out (best something) last summer or the summer before.

From what I've read the Trump talk was minimal this time around.

Last night I caught up on The Alienist episodes.

Edited by Ladybird

USNRETWIFE

Bull riding then Life, Liberty and Levin. No stupid awards show for us.

Ben Cranklin

Nope. :)

Watched The Walking Dead with my wife, though, so I'd say we still didn't use the time all that wisely.

RedSoloCup

No, I have no use for these arrogant idiots who play pretend for a living, who constantly tell us how to live our lives.

The same arrogant <censored>wads who lecture us non-stop with their gun control B.S., yet at the same time star in movies and TV shows that glorify violence and go nowhere without their armed security.

<censored> them!

RedSoloCup

Nope, but MSN had a bunch of stuff to help people who didn't stay in the know about how the trained chimps did last night.

They touted Jimmy Kimmel's biting monologue.

They said that Jennifer Garner's reaction to someone's win has now become a meme.

They said that Frances McDorman asked all the women to stand.

And at no time have I cared to find out what any of it was all about.

These people are arrogant, myopic narcissists whose ignorance is dangerous.

:yeahthat:

They are diseased.

swede1962

I am so not surprised that 2 of top nominated movies glamorized pedophilia (Call me by my name) and bestiality (Shape of Water). Hollywood is truly sick.

Edited by swede1962

Severian

Nope. :)

Watched The Walking Dead with my wife, though, so I'd say we still didn't use the time all that wisely.

Ha! I know what you mean, but I still watch it when it makes it to Netflix.

As for the Oscars, I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spork than watch that drivel.

So, instead, I watched more of season 5 of "Justified" on Amazon, and "Hap And Leonard" on Netflix.

scotsman

I am so not surprised that 2 of top nominated movies glamorized pedophilia (Call me by my name) and bestiality (Shape of Water). Hollywood is truly sick.

1- a 17 year old having sex (in this case with another man) is not the victim of a paedophile. The age of consent in the US may be 18 (in the UK and Europe its lower), but the film is about the first sexual relationship (in Europe) of a 17 year old teenage boy and a 24 yr old man. Not a child being groomed by some sick old man. Its a coming of age film like we have seen many times before. Except the two leads are playing gays. Not my cup of tea, but neither is it the 'sick' film you claim.

2--To suggest Shape of Water 'glamorises bestiality' is about a stupid a post as I have read on RN. I like you Swede, but that's just utter nonsense. Its a science fiction film, and a superb and beautiful film. Lovely film, and visually stunning in parts. One my 83 year old neighbour also loved. To make it sound like some sick twisted film is complete rubbish. In fact I would recommend it to you and everyone here.

Edited by scotsman

scotsman

No.

Although I was glad to see Gary Oldman rightly won for Darkest Hour.

That is a film, along with Dunkirk, that everyone here should see.

catpat

No way. Beneath my dignity.

BerkeleyUnderground

Although I was glad to see Gary Oldman rightly won for Darkest Hour.

That is a film, along with Dunkirk, that everyone here should see.

Yeah, I'm also glad that Gary Oldman won Best Actor.

And I don't want to discourage anyone from seeing these two WWII movies but I did think that they were kind of duds.

But that's just my opinion.

LongKnife

Dang, that was last night?

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

I had only watched for a couple of minutes as I was channel surfing.

I wanted to see if they were all wearing their lapel pins protesting against the NRA as they all had vowed to do.

I didn't see any one of them wearing any.

baldeagle

Did Anybody Watch the Oscars Last Night?

You're joking, right?

Actually, I watched a couple of reruns of Gunsmoke and one of Wagon Train.

Edited by baldeagle

BerkeleyUnderground

I like the TV show "Castle" so I stopped watching it and began saving the recordings of it and last night I watched several episodes of it.

And what happened to "Elementary" on CBS?

I really liked that program.