To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
BerkeleyUnderground

Did Anybody Watch the Oscars Last Night?

Rate this topic

Taggart Transcontinental

no

Joe the Pagan

I watched the Steven Crowder Oscar show and read a comic about the Buddha.😁

Same here minus the comic book.

scotsman

I have two problems with Gary Oldman.

First is his role as Commissioner Gordon and Christian Bale as Batman. Brits as American heroes? We fought two wars to keep the them out of our country! Sarcasm to the humor-impaired and John Bulls and clan McCloud. Though Bale does tend to overplay. Michael Keaton is still the best Batman.

Second and picking, Oldman doesn't sound like Churchill in the previews. We have libraries of audio and film of Sir Winston's speeches and oratory. His voice is unique. At least in the previews, Oldman doesn't capture or come close to mimic.

At least in the previews. I enjoy Churchill's speeches and his "win or die" attitude. He lived a life of full spectrum. And probably would have finished the likes of Tony Blair with a swift cane to the inseam of the trousers.

If Oldman tried to mimic, that would be the performance. Someone just doing a take-off of Winston. Oldman wanted to go deeper and get into the man, not the voice or the props (the cigar, the Homburg hat). I am glad he did.

Churchill was 1/2 American on his mother's side.

Correct.

oki

If Oldman tried to mimic, that would be the performance. Someone just doing a take-off of Winston. Oldman wanted to go deeper and get into the man, not the voice or the props (the cigar, the Homburg hat). I am glad he did.

Correct.

He also had relatives (on his moms side of coarse) who fought the British during the revolutionary war.

Talk about Irony. But, to be honest those men would have been proud to call Winston family as he rallied the British people and to a large degree all of the free world in the fight against tyranny and oppression. Even to this day Winston is a very popular name in the U.S. for British Bulldogs.

http://www.vetstreet.com/our-pet-experts/most-popular-bulldog-names

Winston is #3 for male English Bulldogs.

https://pethelpful.com/dogs/Great-Names-for-English-Bulldogs

Winston Churchill is popularly linked with bulldogs. In fact, he didn't own a bulldog, he kept poodles. However, his jowly face and resolute demeanour during World War II have ensured that he is associated with the bulldog. British bulldog spirit is the stubborn attitude displayed by the British in the face of seemingly overwhelming odds.

Oki

Edited by oki

BerkeleyUnderground

Season 6 starts April 30th. Love that show.

Cool!

I'm glad I'm not alone in liking "Elementary".

donsaliman

Viewership was an all time low for this years Oscars

Viewership for the Grammys was also at an all time low

Anyone seeing a pattern here?

NFL ratings also down.

Hey, they live in their own world and make millions of $ and the fans who want to watch sports, movies or TV and spend their hard earned money on these "stars" don't give a damn about us. Like the NFL many of their fans are black and conservatives and the players don't understand that.

Look they all have a right to their views but I don't like it but I want to be entertained and not lectured.

Edited by donsaliman

MontyPython

I hear Jimmy Kimmel is blaming Netflix.

LOL

:rolleyes:

Diamond369

I lost interest. Sports are far more interesting in my opinion than the award shows.

Edited by Diamond369

zurg

I hear Jimmy Kimmel is blaming Netflix.

LOL

:rolleyes:

He's free to have his opinion. America blames Kimmel.... (and a bunch of other proggies).