To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Liz

Cincinnati Professor Forced Out After Claiming Muslim Women Are Safer

Rate this topic

Liz

Cincinnati Professor Forced Out After Claiming Muslim Women Are Safer In U.S.

The Washington Times

By Jessica Chasmar

Friday, March 9, 2018

Excerpt:

A University of Cincinnati professor is being forced to retire after he told a Muslim student that female Muslims are safer in the U.S. than in the Middle East.

University of Cincinnati assistant professor Clifford Adams has been placed on administrative for the remainder of the semester and will retire May 1, The Cincinnati Enquirer reported.

The news comes after the university investigated Mr. Adams in the fall for comments he made on a female student’s paper that another student had posted on Facebook.

“Muslim females are safer in America than in any Middle Eastern country. How dare you complain while enjoying our protection!” Mr. Adams reportedly wrote.

“The U.S. President’s first sworn duty is to protect America from enemies, and the greatest threat to our freedom is not the President, it is radical Islam. Review this list of Islamic terrorist attacks and then tell me about your hurt feelings,” he wrote in another comment.

Mr. Adams later apologized for his remarks in a letter to The Enquirer.

*snip*

Full Story

Howsithangin

We really have arrived at the point Orwell predicted:

In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Liz

And to think, all those years ago when I first read Orwell, I thought it was unbelievably far-fetched. :blink:

jr_tex

Thanks for the link. Now we know for sure the professor was forced out for defending America and telling the truth to a delusional Trump hating, perpetually offended snowflake.

Noclevermoniker

And to think, all those years ago when I first read Orwell, I thought it was unbelievably far-fetched. :blink:

It seemed like a bridge too far, didn’t it?

Taggart Transcontinental

This is a more complete and accurate read of the public Facebook exchange.

https://www.cincinna...uden/813141001/

I would enjoy taking this man's class. Hopefully he can find a place where free thought is welcomed. Or do you believe that any thought other than the one concurring with your own is racists and therefore off limits?

intotheblackhole

I am glad I am retired and can exercise free speech once again. While I was working I had to watch everything I said for fear of hurting someones feelings and then getting fired for it.

Free speech is a joke in the US and just about everywhere else.

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

I would enjoy taking this man's class. Hopefully he can find a place where free thought is welcomed. Or do you believe that any thought other than the one concurring with your own is racists and therefore off limits?

And where telling the TRUTH is welcomed.

Liz

It seemed like a bridge too far, didn’t it?

Yes. Too bad it wasn't.

Alexis

He has nothing to apologize for!

Ladybird

He a rude, elitist, jerk. For just a moment imagine a professor had written all of that on a public forum to a young Christian women, and at the end told her to "shut up". I don't think he should have resigned, but he most certainly owed her an apology.

MontyPython

He a rude, elitist, jerk. For just a moment imagine a professor had written all of that on a public forum to a young Christian women, and at the end told her to "shut up". I don't think he should have resigned, but he most certainly owed her an apology.

Owed her an apology for what? For telling the truth? If he had said young Christian women were less safe in the middle east than in America, he'd still have been telling the truth (just as he told the truth about muslim women being less safe in the middle east.)

If you're suggesting he might've said the opposite (i.e. young Christian women are less safe in America than in the middle east), why would he say anything so hilariously ridiculous? Face it, young women of any religion are less safe in the middle east. Well OK, with the single exception of Israel. Other than Israel, name me one middle eastern country where women are safer, have more rights, more protections, etc, than they have in America.

B)

Censport

I don't have to imagine it. Vanderbilt University is just down the highway from me.

Owed her an apology for what? For telling the truth? If he had said young Christian women were less safe in the middle east than in America, he'd still have been telling the truth (just as he told the truth about muslim women being less safe in the middle east.)

If you're suggesting he might've said the opposite (i.e. young Christian women are less safe in America than in the middle east), why would he say anything so hilariously ridiculous? Face it, young women of any religion are less safe in the middle east. Well OK, with the single exception of Israel. Other than Israel, name me one middle eastern country where women are safer, have more rights, more protections, etc, than they have in America.

B)

:popcorn:

Ladybird

B)

Obviously it would not be in the same context if he were rudely condemning Christianity and then told his student that she should shut up. It was rude and obnoxious, and the person the young woman quoted was expressing a valid point in her anxiety over fellow Muslim family members. Trump has used fear mongering and outright lies about Muslim Americans in his case against allowing any of them to cross our threshold. Whether you agree or not, the professor could have made his case without being an ass and stereotyping all Muslims.

MontyPython

Obviously it would not be in the same context if he were rudely condemning Christianity and then told his student that she should shut up. It was rude and obnoxious, and the person the young woman quoted was expressing a valid point in her anxiety over fellow Muslim family members. Trump has used fear mongering and outright lies about Muslim Americans in his case against allowing any of them to cross our threshold. Whether you agree or not, the professor could have made his case without being an ass and stereotyping all Muslims.

Golly, what a shock you're stirring a condemnation of Trump into the mix. Gee, who could'a seen that coming?

In any case, "rude" means a lot less to me than "truth". Truth is everything. Period. Sure, some people who tell the truth don't care how "rude" they might be about it. And frankly, I don't much care either. At least not anymore. The left has marched in lockstep so far around the B*llsh*t Bend that I no longer spend a moment worrying about whether anybody's being "rude", including myself.

This professor told the truth. That's what matters to me.

:shrug:

Edited by MontyPython

Ladybird

Golly, what a shock you're stirring a condemnation of Trump into the mix. Gee, who could'a seen that coming?

In any case, "rude" means a lot less to me than "truth". Truth is everything. Period. Sure, some people who tell the truth don't care how "rude" they might be about it. And frankly, I don't much care either. At least not anymore. The left has marched in lockstep so far around the B*llsh*t Bend that I no longer spend a moment worrying about whether anybody's being "rude", including myself.

This professor told the truth. That's what matters to me.

:shrug:

Yes Muslim women are safer in the US than they are in some Muslims countries. The post he was responding to, however, wasn't making the point that religious atrocities don't happen to women. It was about Trumps views on all Muslims, and her love of the idea of America as country for everyone.

Ticked@TinselTown

And it'll get you fired and publicly shamed for daring to tell the truth.

satellite66

I am glad I am retired and can exercise free speech once again. While I was working I had to watch everything I said for fear of hurting someones feelings and then getting fired for it.

Free speech is a joke in the US and just about everywhere else.

I am in the same boat I enjoy it

If they are not safer here why do all of them want to come here? Isn't Trump being blasted because he won't let all these refugees from certain countries in? Isn't the claim they are not safe there?

intotheblackhole

I am in the same boat I enjoy it

If they are not safer here why do all of them want to come here? Isn't Trump being blasted because he won't let all these refugees from certain countries in? Isn't the claim they are not safe there?

No one will be safe in the US once the muslims move in. They love violence and will eventually start in on their terrorists attacks and implement sharia law.

RedSoloCup

Thanks for the link. Now we know for sure the professor was forced out for defending America and telling the truth to a delusional Trump hating, perpetually offended snowflake.

:yeahthat:

satellite66

No one will be safe in the US once the muslims move in. They love violence and will eventually start in on their terrorists attacks and implement sharia law.

That is my point lefties claim it's not safe here but not safe where they are from

we know we won't be safe if they come here Lefties don't care about our safety

look at Europe and the mess they have over muslim refugees we already have the problem in many cities here

Dean Adam Smithee

Yes, he is.

He may have been factually correct on his points, but was WILDLY inapropriate about it. It's possible to be 100% correct and be an a-hole about it at the same time, and this guy is Exhibit 'A'.

Having taught at both Corporate and Community College level, I can state for an absolute fact: If I'd taken that tone with ANYONE in the class for ANY reason, I'd likely have been fired on the spot. Heck, even in the military, once you get past boot camp and into technical school, that tone would been considered inappropriate. ESPECIALLY taking that tone with someone in front of others and/or on social media.

“And just FYI: July 4th is not the day we tape a sign to a damn stick and go out and march with smug college brats and dysphoric drama queens, it is a federal holiday commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. I am glad you took my class; you really do need to shut up, listen, and learn. Welcome to America, and welcome to college. – Adams”

And in what part of "shut up, listen, and learn" is free thought being welcomed?

Edited by Dean Adam Smithee

Liz

Yes, he is.

He may have been factually correct on his points, but was WILDLY inapropriate about it. It's possible to be 100% correct and be an a-hole about it at the same time, and this guy is Exhibit 'A'.

Having taught at both Corporate and Community College level, I can state for an absolute fact: If I'd taken that tone with ANYONE in the class for ANY reason, I'd likely have been fired on the spot. Heck, even in the military, once you get past boot camp and into technical school, that tone would been considered inappropriate. ESPECIALLY taking that tone with someone in front of others and/or on social media.

And in what part of "shut up, listen, and learn" is free thought being welcomed?

A thousand years ago when I was in college, there was a sign in our cafeteria that said, "AVOID REALITY, STAY IN SCHOOL" Assistant Professor Clifford Adams, in keeping with his job description, was trying to bring a little reality to his students. If it seemed a little harsh, it was primarily because, as a group, they're so coddled and spoiled.

Ladybird

A thousand years ago when I was in college, there was a sign in our cafeteria that said, "AVOID REALITY, STAY IN SCHOOL" Assistant Professor Clifford Adams, in keeping with his job description, was trying to bring a little reality to his students. If it seemed a little harsh, it was primarily because, as a group, they're so coddled and spoiled.

If the professor spoke in that condescending, nasty tone to me or the son or daughter I was paying tuition for, damn skippy he and the Dean would hear from me.

Edited by Ladybird