To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Liz

Cincinnati Professor Forced Out After Claiming Muslim Women Are Safer

Rate this topic

SARGE

If the professor spoke in that condescending, nasty tone to me or the son or daughter I was paying tuition for, damn skippy he and the Dean would here from me.

You need to seek a refund on your degree. :whistling:

• Disagree (-1) 1

MontyPython

Yup, it's possible to be correct and still be rude; the two aren't mutually exclusive.

And yup, this guy was rude.

Exactly what these ultra-spoiled, coddled, "triggered" college kids need to get a dose of occasionally, so that when they encounter it in the real world (as they certainly will, repeatedly) they won't be incapacitated by tears of horror.

:rolleyes:

Ladybird

You need to seek a refund on your degree. :whistling:

Petty attacks because I missed a word?

Dean Adam Smithee

A thousand years ago when I was in college, there was a sign in our cafeteria that said, "AVOID REALITY, STAY IN SCHOOL" Assistant Professor Clifford Adams, in keeping with his job description, was trying to bring a little reality to his students. If it seemed a little harsh, it was primarily because, as a group, they're so coddled and spoiled.

It was OVERLY harsh. There are 100x ways to present 'reality' to students; this was like -10x.

Feel free to sit in on one of my lectures. Next up is Georgia State U, Dunwoody Campus, in which I plan to present why Modbus TCP is still the "Go-to" choice.

Liz

It was OVERLY harsh. There are 100x ways to present 'reality' to students; this was like -10x. . .

Sorry, after 16 years of Catholic schools, that was a walk in the park. I didn't always like it when I was going through it, but I'll tell you it builds character and fortitude and prepares you for the vicissitudes you'll encounter in "real" life.

MontyPython

Sorry, after 16 years of Catholic schools, that was a walk in the park. I didn't always like it when I was going through it, but I'll tell you it builds character and fortitude and prepares you for the vicissitudes you'll encounter in "real" life.

Exactly. I never went to Catholic school, but I do remember that the best teacher I ever had, the one I learned the most from, was also the "harshest"; the one most kids considered the "meanest" teacher in the school.

He was a very good teacher. And yup, he was harsh.

B)

SARGE

Petty attacks because I missed a word?

Attacks? In no way did I attack you.

Were you triggered because some one pointed out a grammatical error? :biglaugh:

• Disagree (-1) 1

Ladybird

Attacks? In no way did I attack you.

Were you triggered because some one pointed out a grammatical error? :biglaugh:

Ok, just plain petty. Do you go around correcting/criticizing the grammar and spelling mistakes of everyone on the internet, or just liberals?

Liz

Exactly. I never went to Catholic school, but I do remember that the best teacher I ever had, the one I learned the most from, was also the "harshest"; the one most kids considered the "meanest" teacher in the school.

He was a very good teacher. And yup, he was harsh.

B)

I know what you mean. In my sophomore year in high school, my homeroom and Latin teacher was a nun, Sister Charlotte, who was an absolute wild woman. A very dramatic personality, she yelled and threatened us with violence fairly regularly although she never laid a hand on any of us. I was terrified of her for the first few months. Then it gradually sunk in that she really, passionately cared about her students.

I had had a different teacher for first year Latin and I had barely passed the course. After a year with Sister Charlotte, I took the New York State Latin Regents and got a 94. I've loved her ever since.

kestrel

Ok, just plain petty. Do you go around correcting/criticizing the grammar and spelling mistakes of everyone on the internet, or just liberals?

"A Liberal?"...why I never would have guessed!...But then again you do seem kinda...Delicate at that :whistling:

Kestrel...

zurg

I know what you mean. In my sophomore year in high school, my homeroom and Latin teacher was a nun, Sister Charlotte, who was an absolute wild woman. A very dramatic personality, she yelled and threatened us with violence fairly regularly although she never laid a hand on any of us. I was terrified of her for the first few months. Then it gradually sunk in that she really, passionately cared about her students.

I had had a different teacher for first year Latin and I had barely passed the course. After a year with Sister Charlotte, I took the New York State Latin Regents and got a 94. I've loved her ever since.

A lot of the time kids end up at least respecting the tough teachers the most. They're the ones remembered fondly even.

Having said that, I agree with Adam that on this particular topic the professor's delivery was rather poor. And I say this as someone who thinks the characteristic "Muslim" is frequently enough associated with violence and thus a fair item for profiling.

Still, he shouldn't have been fired but given a talking to, with about the same message he delivered. "You're lucky you're a teacher in the US and not in Yemen but don't you son of a birch abuse that privilege...one more personal attack like this and you lose your job."

Instead the administration proved itself also very thin skinned, intolerant and overly authoritarian. This was a question of a teacher being pissed off, not violent.

SARGE

Careful, Snowflake, you'll melt.

OK, I'll confess. I only correct Liberals. I'd never correct a Conservative, especially a white/male Conservative.

There, feel validated?

• Disagree (-1) 1

Liz

A lot of the time kids end up at least respecting the tough teachers the most. They're the ones remembered fondly even.

Having said that, I agree with Adam that on this particular topic the professor's delivery was rather poor. And I say this as someone who thinks the characteristic "Muslim" is frequently enough associated with violence and thus a fair item for profiling.

Still, he shouldn't have been fired but given a talking to, with about the same message he delivered. "You're lucky you're a teacher in the US and not in Yemen but don't you son of a birch abuse that privilege...one more personal attack like this and you lose your job."

Instead the administration proved itself also very thin skinned, intolerant and overly authoritarian. This was a question of a teacher being pissed off, not violent.

Of course, you 're entitled to your opinion but I stand by what I said. I can find no fault in what the professor said or did. He told the unvarnished truth to a group of people who didn't want to or weren't prepared to hear it. That's what he was paid to do; he shouldn't have had to sugarcoat it to spare their delicate feelings. He was putatively dealing with adults here. This isn't nursery school.

Buckwheat Jones

It was OVERLY harsh. There are 100x ways to present 'reality' to students; this was like -10x.

Feel free to sit in on one of my lectures. Next up is Georgia State U, Dunwoody Campus, in which I plan to present why Modbus TCP is still the "Go-to" choice.

He was an a$$hole. Everything he said was true, but the delivery method was ill advised. Still, from an entertainment standpoint, it was fun to see the muz get taken to the woodshed.

kestrel

Careful, Snowflake, you'll melt.

OK, I'll confess. I only correct Liberals. I'd never correct a Conservative, especially a white/male Conservative.

There, feel validated?

:lol2:

Kestrel...