To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Ladybird

A Fox News contributor quit the network, calling it a 'propaganda

Rate this topic

Ladybird

A Fox News contributor quit the network, calling it a 'propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration'

Business Insider

Eliza Relman

14m 163

Exerpt:

Retired United States Army lieutenant colonel and Fox News contributor Ralph Peters recently severed ties with the network, which he accused on Tuesday of "wittingly harming our system of government for profit."

In a lengthy email to his colleagues first obtained by BuzzFeed, the foreign-policy hawk argued that the cable news network had been transformed from a "legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices" into a "propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration."

"Four decades ago, I took an oath as a newly commissioned officer. I swore to 'support and defend the Constitution,' and that oath did not expire when I took off my uniform," Peters wrote. "Today, I feel that Fox News is assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers."

Peters, a former Russia analyst, warned that the network's hosts are advancing Russian President Vladimir Putin's agenda "by making light of Russian penetration of our elections and the Trump campaign."

But Peters praised some of Fox's anchors and news reporters, who he said have bravely challenged the network's dogma.

Peters, who was highly critical of President Barack Obama's administration, was suspended from Fox for a short period in 2015 for calling Obama a "total pussy" while on the Fox Business Network.

Fox News did not respond immediately to a request for comment.

Read the full letter below:

<snip>

Link

gravelrash

I don't watch Fox News anyway. :shrug:

Noclevermoniker

I guess he missed today’s news where it was concluded that the “Russians” can be credited with changing exactly ZERO votes in the 2016 election.

MontyPython

It doesn't surprise me. Peters has been wrong plenty lately. For just one example:

Peters, a former Russia analyst, warned that the network's hosts are advancing Russian President Vladimir Putin's agenda "by making light of Russian penetration of our elections and the Trump campaign."

See, that's BS. They acknowledge without hesitation Russian penetration of our elections and the Trump campaign. What they make light of is the idiotic accusation of Trump colluding with the Russians and their interference in our election. There's a huge difference.

But as I said, it's no surprise. The last several times I've seen/heard Peters' commentary I was forced to shake my head sadly at his errors and silly conclusions.

B)

Edited by MontyPython

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Sure it is propaganda.

It's just aimed at the gullible on the right.

All of the other networks are all propaganda too and always have been. They're just aimed at the leftist nutbags and other gullible low IQ ignoramuses out there.

Ticked@TinselTown

Why did I know who posted this before even clicking on it?

intotheblackhole

A Fox News contributor quit the network, calling it a 'propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration'

Business Insider

Eliza Relman

14m 163

Exerpt:

Retired United States Army lieutenant colonel and Fox News contributor Ralph Peters recently severed ties with the network, which he accused on Tuesday of "wittingly harming our system of government for profit."

In a lengthy email to his colleagues first obtained by BuzzFeed, the foreign-policy hawk argued that the cable news network had been transformed from a "legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices" into a "propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration."

"Four decades ago, I took an oath as a newly commissioned officer. I swore to 'support and defend the Constitution,' and that oath did not expire when I took off my uniform," Peters wrote. "Today, I feel that Fox News is assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers."

But Peters praised some of Fox's anchors and news reporters, who he said have bravely challenged the network's dogma.

Peters, who was highly critical of President Barack Obama's administration, was suspended from Fox for a short period in 2015 for calling Obama a "total pussy" while on the Fox Business Network.

Fox News did not respond immediately to a request for comment.

Read the full letter below:

<snip>

Link

And NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, ESPN and most other networks are in the tank for the liberals. Most big news papers are in the tank for the liberals.

Having one station in the tank for conservatives is still a very unbalanced media since 73% of American doesn't identify with the liberals.

But you would find the one person who is a conservative who is left Fox news and complained about them on the way out. For every situation you find in the conservative sector conservatives could find 10 liberals who have been caught shilling for the liberals.

The really cook part is that conservatives are having children 40% higher than liberals and liberals are getting abortions at a rate 4 times that of conservatives. Conservatives are increasing just because of the birth rate and as all studies have shown the politics of the children are most often connected to the parents.

Ladybird

And NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, ESPN and most other networks are in the tank for the liberals. Most big news papers are in the tank for the liberals.

Having one station in the tank for conservatives is still a very unbalanced media since 73% of American doesn't identify with the liberals.

But you would find the one person who is a conservative who is left Fox news and complained about them on the way out. For every situation you find in the conservative sector conservatives could find 10 liberals who have been caught shilling for the liberals.

The really cook part is that conservatives are having children 40% higher than liberals and liberals are getting abortions at a rate 4 times that of conservatives. Conservatives are increasing just because of the birth rate and as all studies have shown the politics of the children are most often connected to the parents.

I don't believe the complaint from Mr. Peters is the conservative bent of Fox News. His objections is that they have become the de facto propaganda wing of the current administration, and have therefore lost any semblance of objectivity.

Edited by Ladybird

MontyPython

I don't believe the complaint from Mr. Peters is the conservative bent of Fox News. His objections is that they have become the de facto propaganda wing of the current administration, and have therefore lost any semblance of objectivity.

And he's wrong about that, too. Sure there are indeed unabashed Trump supporters, like Sean Hannity & Tucker Carlson. But what about Shepard Smith? Geraldo Rivera? Juan Williams? Marc Lamont Hill? Dennis Kucinich? Jessica Tarlov? Jehmu Greene? Mara Liasson? Pat Caddell? Leslie Marshall? Joe Trippi? PLENTY more.

Nobody denies the general bias at FoxNews is rightwing. But they still do a MUCH better job of allowing leftists to present their point of view than the leftist networks allowing conservatives to present their point of view. As for Ralph Peters, he has never made any secret of his generally anti-Trump attitude, regardless of specific issue. So his assertion here is to be taken with a HUGE lump of salt.

But of course, you have to actually watch FoxNews occasionally to know these things.

B)

intotheblackhole

As I said NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, ESPN and most other networks are in the tank for the liberals. Most big news papers are in the tank for the liberals. That included 8 years of shilling for 0bama which made them the de facto propaganda arm for 0bama and the liberals.

I guess you just don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot. I expect that from you. It's called situational ethics and in the DSM5 is called cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias. The true mark of a non analytical person who is driven by emotion rather than logic and reason. You would make a terrible scientist.

MontyPython

As I said NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, MSNBC, ESPN and most other networks are in the tank for the liberals. Most big news papers are in the tank for the liberals. That included 8 years of shilling for 0bama which made them the de facto propaganda arm for 0bama and the liberals.

I guess you just don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot. I expect that from you. It's called situational ethics and in the DSM5 is called cognitive dissonance and confirmation bias. The true mark of a non analytical person who is driven by emotion rather than logic and reason. You would make a terrible scientist.

But the fact here is that the shoe isn't on the other foot. It's certainly true that the leftist media (i.e. 99% of media) was indeed nothing more than the propaganda wing for the Democrat party. Hell, they still are. But it simply isn't true that FoxNews is (or ever has been) the "propaganda wing" for Trump or anybody else. I mean sheesh, even right here at RN the main complaint against FoxNews heard from the hard-core rightwingers is that FoxNews is just as leftwing as the rest! (For the record, they're wrong too.) FoxNews actually IS fair & balanced, and that's why both sides hate it, LOL. The leftists think it's too rightwing, and the rightwingers think it's too leftist.

So they must be doing it just right.

:D

Ticked@TinselTown

:biglaugh:

Tea Party Hooligan

And what are ABC/CBS/CNN/NBC/MSNBC/NYT/WashPost/Hollyweird/Time/Newsweek/People/etc., when it comes to democrats and democrat Presidents?

Wow! One whole f-ing network and you act like you just discovered the treasures of the ages!

Tell me; how many FoxNews people were invited to conspire with the Trump campaign by being invited to special fundraiser dinner parties where the candidates campaign laid out a strategy with them??? We know for a FACT that many of the major network news folks, along with print media and hollyweird types, were invited (and showed up to) campaign strategy parties for Hillary.

Your "gotcha" moments are seriously weak. Try looking behind the curtain of your own party affiliation. Don't get too much of the slime on your feet, though.

Ladybird

And he's wrong about that, too. Sure there are indeed unabashed Trump supporters, like Sean Hannity & Tucker Carlson. But what about Shepard Smith? Geraldo Rivera? Juan Williams? Marc Lamont Hill? Dennis Kucinich? Jessica Tarlov? Jehmu Greene? Mara Liasson? Pat Caddell? Leslie Marshall? Joe Trippi? PLENTY more.

Nobody denies the general bias at FoxNews is rightwing. But they still do a MUCH better job of allowing leftists to present their point of view than the leftist networks allowing conservatives to present their point of view. As for Ralph Peters, he has never made any secret of his generally anti-Trump attitude, regardless of specific issue. So his assertion here is to be taken with a HUGE lump of salt.

But of course, you have to actually watch FoxNews occasionally to know these things.

B)

Don't forget the unofficial White House briefing team and official cheerleaders on Fox & Friends.

mjperry51

Don't forget the unofficial White House briefing team and official cheerleaders on Fox & Friends.

Monty has offered a plethora of examples demonstrating Fox provides a balance of perspectives; yet you cling to your narrative the entire network cannot be taken seriously.

It's your inability to acknowledge facts that make your position both absurd and lacking credibility.

Per normal. . .

RedSoloCup

:yeahthat:

And what are ABC/CBS/CNN/NBC/MSNBC/NYT/WashPost/Hollyweird/Time/Newsweek/People/etc., when it comes to democrats and democrat Presidents?

Wow! One whole f-ing network and you act like you just discovered the treasures of the ages!

Tell me; how many FoxNews people were invited to conspire with the Trump campaign by being invited to special fundraiser dinner parties where the candidates campaign laid out a strategy with them??? We know for a FACT that many of the major network news folks, along with print media and hollyweird types, were invited (and showed up to) campaign strategy parties for Hillary.

Your "gotcha" moments are seriously weak. Try looking behind the curtain of your own party affiliation. Don't get too much of the slime on your feet, though.

:exactly:

mjperry51

How many debates were on Fox News? How many times did Trump receive questions in advance from them (Brazille/Clinton)?

Severian

OTOH, in today's world she'd make a very successful climate "scientist."

Ladybird

Monty has offered a plethora of examples demonstrating Fox provides a balance of perspectives; yet you cling to your narrative the entire network cannot be taken seriously.

It's your inability to acknowledge facts that make your position both absurd and lacking credibility.

Per normal. . .

The complaint that the network had become shills for the Trump administration, to the point of deliberate lies being reported as facts, comes from one of their own. Ralph Peters doesn’t strike me as a liberal.

I stopped watching Fox News regularly around the Clinton administration, and hardly ever watch any news from the other alphabet channels.

mjperry51

The complaint that the network had become shills for the Trump administration, to the point of deliberate lies being reported as facts, comes from one of their own. Ralph Peters doesn't strike me as a liberal.

I stopped watching Fox News regularly around the Clinton administration, and hardly ever watch any news from the other alphabet channels.

I am grateful for Ralph Peters service to this country, and he is certainly entitled to his opinion. His (and your) willingness to ignore strong evidence to the contrary is the point I made.

I didn't say he was a liberal. Never said anything that could be interpreted as such an assertion. Why bring it up? Need a strawman??

On the other hand I can point to quantified evaluations of the news coverage by other organizations that is clearly biased against the trump Administration, based on exactly what they choose to cover as "news". I don't see Ralph Peters (or you) making an issue of that imbalance, which also makes me question his (and your) balance in these matters.

What was you motivation for the original post?

Ladybird

I am grateful for Ralph Peters service to this country, and he is certainly entitled to his opinion. His (and your) willingness to ignore strong evidence to the contrary is the point I made.

I didn't say he was a liberal. Never said anything that could be interpreted as such an assertion. Why bring it up? Need a strawman??

On the other hand I can point to quantified evaluations of the news coverage by other organizations that is clearly biased against the trump Administration, based on exactly what they choose to cover as "news". I don't see Ralph Peters (or you) making an issue of that imbalance, which also makes me question his (and your) balance in these matters.

What was you motivation for the original post?[

I saw it on the NRO twitter feed. I remembered the name from when he (Peters) wrote for the NY Post, and therefore thought it curious, because he is so very conservative.

Posting commenced.

Dutch13

18 years ago??????

mjperry51

I saw it on the NRO twitter feed. I remembered the name from when he (Peters) wrote for the NY Post, and therefore thought it curious, because he is so very conservative.

Posting commenced.

How do you know he's so very conservative?

MontyPython

Oh freaking brother. As I ALREADY said, nobody denies the general bias at FoxNews is rightwing. Just as I didn't bother to name all the leftwingers there, I also didn't bother to name all the rightwingers either. Here's a couple more: Laura Ingraham and Jesse Watters. Definitely rightwing Trump supporters.

Doesn't change the fact that FoxNews is the most honest, most fair & balanced news network on TV, as they prove every day. The idiotic horsesh*t that they are "shills for the Trump administration" only proves you never actually watch FoxNews (something you openly admitted in your subsequent post), and that you're laughably gullible and will fall for any ridiculous lies anybody tells about FoxNews.

The complaint that the network had become shills for the Trump administration, to the point of deliberate lies being reported as facts, comes from one of their own.

And it's an hilariously stupid "complaint", pure bullsh*t. But once again, you have to actually watch FoxNews occasionally to know one way or the other.

Ralph Peters doesn’t strike me as a liberal.

He's also not credible, at least when it comes to President Trump. He's an unabashed outspoken Never-Trumper, and his "mind" is firmly closed and padlocked on that subject. Just like yours.

Then you have openly acknowledged and admitted WHY you know absolutely nothing about this.

:rolleyes:

Edited by MontyPython

cobalt-blue

That's exactly what I thought. I knew a handful of members who'd post this, and sure enough, right from the top of the list a card-carrying "Hate America First, Make America Miserable Again" member.