Ingraham takes leave from show after mocking shooting survivor

Rate this topic

pepperonikkid

Ingraham takes leave from show after mocking shooting survivor

https://nypost.com

By Reuters

March 31, 2018

Article:

Fox News show host Laura Ingraham announced on her show late Friday that she is taking next week off, after almost a dozen advertisers dropped her show after the conservative pundit mocked a teenage survivor of the Florida school massacre on Twitter.

Eleven companies so far have pulled their ads after a pushback by Parkland student David Hogg, 17, who called for a boycott of her advertisers.

Hogg took aim at the host’s show, “Ingraham Angle”, after she taunted him on Twitter on Wednesday, accusing him of whining about being rejected by four colleges to which he had applied.

Hogg is a survivor of the Feb. 14 mass shooting that killed 17 people at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in the Parkland suburb of Fort Lauderdale. He and other classmates have become the faces of a new youth-led movement calling for tighter restrictions on firearms.

Hogg tweeted a list of a dozen companies that advertise on “The Ingraham Angle” and urged his supporters to demand that they cancel their ads.

On Thursday, Ingraham tweeted an apology “in the spirit of Holy Week,” saying she was sorry for any hurt or upset she had caused Hogg or any of the “brave victims” of Parkland.

But her apology did not stop companies from departing.

The companies announcing that they are cancelling their ads are: Nutrish, the pet food line created by celebrity chef Rachael Ray, travel website TripAdvisor Inc, online home furnishings seller Wayfair Inc, the world’s largest packaged food company, Nestle SA, online streaming service Hulu, travel website Expedia Group Inc and online personal shopping service Stitch Fix.

Full Story

Severian

Never apologize, learn from the Left, it never helps. Double down, make the little Hogg live up to a standard not get away with his bullying. Whiny little dipstick.

Dean Adam Smithee

I don't know if I'd call Hogg a "Survivor". The term is generally used to denote someone who is injured in some way during a traumatic event, but not fatally, and recovers. This is the first I've seen the word for someone who was merely present when someone else was injured. The word for that is "witness" rather than "survivor".

Taggart Transcontinental

I don't know if I'd call Hogg a "Survivor". The term is generally used to denote someone who is injured in some way during a traumatic event, but not fatally, and recovers. This is the first I've seen the word for someone who was merely present when someone else was injured. The word for that is "witness" rather than "survivor".

No one has ever asked any of these moronic mouthpieces where they were to gain their trauma. Being in the school when the shooting goes down but not even remotely near it is a lot different than staring down the barrel of a weapon to see a moron.

Case in point. I have had about 4 near misses with artillery at various points of my career. However the base I lived on was mortared daily. It got the name Mortaritaville because of the constant attacks. I am not a "survivor" from any of them. However I have almost been struck 4 times. Once in my bed (knoced out of the rack and put on the floor, probably due to a reflex more than shock / concussion(60mm mortar)), almost stuck going to the dining facility (felt the heat off of that shot from a 122mm rocket), near miss from a mortar while climbing out of an LZ (60-82MM mortar), and a rocket not detonating while we are landing to a pad in Balad (122mm rocket that lost its warhead when it struck the soft mud in front of the pad).

Am I running around traumatized from this? No, and before any one lectures me on the difference between a school shooting and a combat zone, you create the conditions for a combat zone when you put idiotic signs like "gun free zone" out in front of them and ignore OBVIOUS mental illness.

AntiObama

I want David Hogg to know his silly rant about the NRA got me to buy another AR-15 and donate $200 to the NRA.

Join the NRA, buy a gun, learn to use it and protect your family.

david-hogg.jpg

Taggart Transcontinental

Incidentally, what is the difference between an activist and a Soldier?

An activist screams in fear, a Soldier screams in strength.

An Soldier moves to the sounds of gunfire, an activist moves to the sounds of clicking cameras

An activist claims their speech is brave. A Soldier never has to claim they are brave.

Any others?

Moderator T

I never understood why advertisers always buckle so quickly. We live in a country where most people have the attention span of a gnat. Any boycott would be temporary, and there's a high chance it wouldn't accomplish anything anyhow as there are people just as likely to boycott if you do pull your advertising.

Taggart Transcontinental

I never understood why advertisers always buckle so quickly. We live in a country where most people have the attention span of a gnat. Any boycott would be temporary, and there's a high chance it wouldn't accomplish anything anyhow as there are people just as likely to boycott if you do pull your advertising.

Because the advertisers are leftists, they WANT an excuse to stand up and virtue signal. They find it in one or two opportunities and they jump quick, thus garnering support from the left.

Severian

Incidentally, what is the difference between an activist and a Soldier?

An activist screams in fear, a Soldier screams in strength.

An Soldier moves to the sounds of gunfire, an activist moves to the sounds of clicking cameras

An activist claims their speech is brave. A Soldier never has to claim they are brave.

Any others?

A Soldier minds his own business, an activist wants to mind yours. I think it was Eric Hofer who said a man who's own business is not worth minding will console himself by trying to mind yours.

MontyPython

Meh, she was due for a vacation anyhow. I noticed all the other Fox anchors have been taking a week off lately (Cavuto, Hannity, Kennedy, several others), and maybe it's just her turn; maybe she was already planning some time off anyhow. After all, we're all familiar with the old adage "correlation doesn't equal causation" (or some similar wording.) Just because she's taking time off after this little sh*t's snit-fit, it doesn't necessarily mean it's because of this little sh*t's snit-fit.

:shrug:

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Never apologize, learn from the Left, it never helps. Double down, make the little Hogg live up to a standard not get away with his bullying. Whiny little dipstick.

:yeahthat:

RedSoloCup
The companies announcing that they are cancelling their ads are: Nutrish, the pet food line created by celebrity chef Rachael Ray, travel website TripAdvisor Inc, online home furnishings seller Wayfair Inc, the world’s largest packaged food company, Nestle SA, online streaming service Hulu, travel website Expedia Group Inc and online personal shopping service Stitch Fix.

The cowards kissing up to this little <censored>-head twerp. Won't be using them....

RedSoloCup

I want David Hogg to know his silly rant about the NRA got me to buy another AR-15 and donate $200 to the NRA.

david-hogg.jpg

That the little poof did!

A year from now, Ingram will still be on TV, still more popular than ever, and this little turd will just be another small mention in the history books...

Edited by RedSoloCup

This is what I have been saying too.

He is not a "survivor" in the sense that the lying assed lamestream media makes it disingeniously sound like.

He was not ever attacked at all in the shooting. Simply being near an area where there is an attack is not being a victim of it or a "survivor" because he wasn't ever touched nor ever saw the attacker.

That's like being out driving on the highway, being a mile away from a car crash that happened and saying one is a survivor of that?

Ridiculous!

But not to lying deluded libtards and proggies.

Because the advertisers are leftists, they WANT an excuse to stand up and virtue signal. They find it in one or two opportunities and they jump quick, thus garnering support from the left.

:exactly:

All one needs to do is look at who the sponsors are and they will see gutless leftard all over them?

Meh, she was due for a vacation anyhow. I noticed all the other Fox anchors have been taking a week off lately (Cavuto, Hannity, Kennedy, several others), and maybe it's just her turn; maybe she was already planning some time off anyhow. After all, we're all familiar with the old adage "correlation doesn't equal causation" (or some similar wording.) Just because she's taking time off after this little sh*t's snit-fit, it doesn't necessarily mean it's because of this little sh*t's snit-fit.

:shrug:

Laura Ingraham sure isn't a coward nor runs and hides.

And she didn't "mock" the pencil necked geek by simply stating the plain truth that he was whining because he clearly was.

And I'm sick of the libtards crying that this "survivor" who is a kid is being questioned and criticized for his deliberate jumping into the political fray with his outright lies about the NRA and gun owners and crying that he is immune from criticism because he is both a kid and a "survivor".

Sorry. It doesn't work that way.

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Martin
I never understood why advertisers always buckle so quickly.

PR managers operate on the principle of "minimum squawk." If taking your advertising away from Laura Ingraham's show appears to minimize squawk, that is what they do. Ingraham's fans may hate their guts for it but the PR executives will ignore them unless they maximize squawk.

BARman29

Laura Ingraham sure isn't a coward nor runs and hides.

And she didn't "mock" the pencil necked geek by simply stating the plain truth that he was whining because he clearly was.

And I'm sick of the libtards crying that this "survivor" who is a kid is being questioned and criticized for his deliberate jumping into the political fray with his outright lies about the NRA and gun owners and crying that he is immune from criticism because he is both a kid and a "survivor".

Sorry. It doesn't work that way.

He elected to make the jump into the political fray. His handlers should have prepared him for criticism.

intotheblackhole

She's worth 45 million and can quit the business and live nicely. But her narcissism will not allow her to do that and she will trudge in even after Fox news dumps her.

david-hogg.jpg

I don't own any ARs, but come next week I'll have two of 'em.

An AR-10 and an AR-15.

Both.

I do have an M1A and it needs more military style friends like it for company in my safe.

Nothing says "FU" to the gun grabbers than buying more guns and ammo! :D

She's worth 45 million and can quit the business and live nicely. But her narcissism will not allow her to do that and she will trudge in even after Fox news dumps her.

I don't see her as a narcissist at all. :shrug:

She's confident, takes no prisoners and sticks to her guns.

MontyPython

That's unfair. How is it "narcissism" to want to keep telling the truth even if you don't "have to" (because you're financially comfortable)? Seems to me that's a distinct sign of somebody who sees a higher calling than merely accumulating riches. Good for her.

And in any case, I don't see FoxNews dumping her. Sponsors notwithstanding, her show is very popular with their viewers. Sure this idiotic boycott will cost them a few bucks for a while, but her viewers still love her. It would be a huge mistake on Fox's part to let Ingraham go.

B)

gravelrash

Thank you! Yes! On top of that, Hogg is bearing false witness against the NRA and millions of bystanders. I have no problem with anyone laying into the wannabe mouthpiece of iGeneration (Indoctrination Generation, but the "I" is lower case to be clever and extra subversive).

Howsithangin

Just closed my Expedia and Trip Advisor accounts and told them why 😊

Edited by Howsithangin

Buckwheat Jones

I dumped my progressive insurance and told them they could write a policy with david hogg to make up for it.