To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Ladybird

Crowd cheers when valedictorian quotes Trump. Then reveals it was Obam

Rate this topic

Ladybird

Crowd cheers when valedictorian quotes Trump. Then reveals it was Obama

Thomas Novelly, Louisville Courier Journal Published 4:11 p.m. ET June 3, 2018 | Updated 6:51 p.m. ET June 3, 2018

Bell County high school student and valedictorian Ben Bowling wanted to share some words of wisdom with his graduating class, but there was a twist that no one saw coming.

"This is the part of my speech where I share some inspirational quotes I found on Google," Bowling said in his speech. "'Don't just get involved. Fight for your seat at the table. Better yet, fight for a seat at the head of the table.' - Donald J. Trump."

The crowd burst into applause.

"Just kidding," Bowling said. "That was Barack Obama."

Also: Kentucky valedictorian's speech too much for religion that favors silence

The 18-year-old valedictorian said the crowd quickly went silent.

"The crowd erupted in applause and before they could even finish clapping I said I was kidding and the applause quickly died," Bowling said.

Bowling, who graduated on Saturday morning, told Courier Journal that he "didn't mean anything bad by it" and thought the moment was lighthearted and funny.

“I just thought it was a really good quote,” Bowling said. “Most people wouldn’t like it if I used it, so I thought I’d use Donald Trump’s name. It is southeastern Kentucky after all.”

Check this out: It's time for pomp and circumstance — and high school graduation photo galleries!

Bell County, which is located in the southeastern part of the Commonwealth near the Tennessee border, overwhelmingly supported Trump in the 2016 Presidential election. Nearly 80 percent of ballots were cast for the political outsider and celebrity.

Bowling said there was no backlash to his speech at all.

"There was a portion of the crowd that thought it was absolutely hilarious," Alisha Russell, a Kentucky law student who attended the ceremony said in a Twitter message. "But there was definitely some collective groaning too."

<snip>

Link

Funny kid. May he go as far as his imagination takes him.

Natural Selection
"This is the part of my speech where I share some inspirational quotes I found on Google," Bowling said in his speech. "'Don't just get involved. Fight for your seat at the table. Better yet, fight for a seat at the head of the table.' - Donald J. Trump."

Typical Obama. Inciting violence again.

Trump would have said "Don't just get involved. Earn your seat at the table. Better yet, earn a seat at the head of the table".

gravelrash

If only he had built a clock.

grimreefer

Kind of weak as far as "Gotcha!" stunts go. But A for effort.

He will be attending the University of Kentucky where he hopes to study biology and hopes to pursue a degree in medicine.

Best of luck to the kid and kudos for not picking a fish-wrapper degree.

"I'm really excited to go to college," Bowling said. "There's more freedom in college and there's also way more places to eat in Lexington."

I think this kid is going to be a bit disappointed. But then again, if he's a prog then he'll probably be delighted.

Ticked@TinselTown

Nice of him to piss on his state, too.

He'll go far in the MSM

Italian Biker

Crowd cheers when valedictorian quotes Trump. Then reveals it was Obama

Thomas Novelly, Louisville Courier Journal Published 4:11 p.m. ET June 3, 2018 | Updated 6:51 p.m. ET June 3, 2018

Bell County high school student and valedictorian Ben Bowling wanted to share some words of wisdom with his graduating class, but there was a twist that no one saw coming.

Also: Kentucky valedictorian's speech too much for religion that favors silence

The 18-year-old valedictorian said the crowd quickly went silent.

"The crowd erupted in applause and before they could even finish clapping I said I was kidding and the applause quickly died," Bowling said.

Bowling, who graduated on Saturday morning, told Courier Journal that he "didn't mean anything bad by it" and thought the moment was lighthearted and funny.

“I just thought it was a really good quote,” Bowling said. “Most people wouldn’t like it if I used it, so I thought I’d use Donald Trump’s name. It is southeastern Kentucky after all.”

Check this out: It's time for pomp and circumstance — and high school graduation photo galleries!

Bell County, which is located in the southeastern part of the Commonwealth near the Tennessee border, overwhelmingly supported Trump in the 2016 Presidential election. Nearly 80 percent of ballots were cast for the political outsider and celebrity.

Bowling said there was no backlash to his speech at all.

"There was a portion of the crowd that thought it was absolutely hilarious," Alisha Russell, a Kentucky law student who attended the ceremony said in a Twitter message. "But there was definitely some collective groaning too."

<snip>

Link

Funny kid. May he go as far as his imagination takes him.

Was this quote from Obama given during the same speech, where he referred to fellow Americans as "enemies"? You know, the "get in your enemies faces" speech?

And since you seem to be a junkie for anecdotes, I think it was a Mark Dice video on youtube where he's asking college what they feel about Trump and his policies, and responders disliking him and his policies. Then Dice cites Trump's tax plan, but attributing it to Sanders, and all these college kids loved it, then were told it was really Trump's tax plan.

Edited by Italian Biker

RedSoloCup

Was this quote from Obama given during the same speech, where he referred to fellow Americans as "enemies"? You know, the "get in your enemies faces" speech?

And since you seem to be a junkie for anecdotes, I think it was a Mark Dice video on youtube where he's asking college what they feel about Trump and his policies, and responders disliking him and his policies. Then Dice cites Trump's tax plan, but attributing it to Sanders, and all these college kids loved it, then were told it was really Trump's tax plan.

:yeahthat:

Ladybird

People will judge and accept the message based on the messenger.

It’s the same all over.

Italian Biker

It’s the same all over.

Yes, sometimes. I will admit that some of the things Obama said, were things I agree with. What I questioned the sincerity of him saying them. Anyone can recite a well written speech, and talk of how this is the greatest nation that ever existed. That doesn't mean that this person doesn't want to destroy said nation with terrible policies. JFK talked about how lowering taxes helps the economy, and I fully agree, and no matter how much I can't stand the democrat party platform over the years, this is something that no matter who says it, is truth, and has been shown to true over and over when tax cuts are implemented. And he was in IMO the last pro American democrat to hold the office of President.

I'm not going to deny that Obama was an excellent speaker, that same had been said about Hitler. I'm not going to deny that Bill Clinton was the the most skilled "politician" of my life time. I certainly don't mean that he was the best president, I mean he was the best at playing political games. I think the writers of House of Cards based Underwood on Bill Clinton with his manipulative and underhanded methods used, and how he's avoided being held accountable for his actions.

Edited by Italian Biker

Wag-a-Muffin (D)

The first time Obama ran for president some of his statements sounded almost Reaganesque.

I didn't vote for him, but I was hopeful before he announced his administration.

Starting with that he disappointed me over and over.

Still, some of his quotes/sound bites still sound good.

Edited by Wag-a-Muffin (D)

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

It’s the same all over.

That boy has a long career ahead of him as another typical slime bag democrap politician here in this state.

gravelrash

It’s the same all over.

You just admitted your own reason for posting this article: misinformation and deception. But I'm sure that you and others already knew that.

Ticked@TinselTown

You just admitted your own reason for posting this article: misinformation and deception. But I'm sure that you and others already knew that.

:coolshades:

Ladybird

How did I misinform or deceive anyone?

gravelrash

How did I misinform or deceive anyone?

Already into the glib and cute "Oh, whatever do you mean"? You offered up an example how people can be easily led by the nose. That Trump supporters are blind fanatics who are just as easily embarrassed by a smug 18 year-old George Clooney wannabe. Then you admit that it happens all the time when someone counters with an example of how it works against your side.

Edited by gravelrash

Ladybird

Already into the glib and cute "Oh, whatever do you mean"? You offered up an example how people can be easily led by the nose. That Trump supporters are blind fanatics who are just as easily embarrassed by a smug 18 year-old George Clooney wannabe. Then you admit that it happens all the time when someone counters with an example of how it works against your side.

So? Of course it happens with both sides. Is that astonishing news?

This story came up on my feed and I thought it was funny. I read stories of leftists acting like this all the time but don't get all butt hurt and whiny.

gravelrash

So? Of course it happens with both sides. Is that astonishing news?

This story came up on my feed and I thought it was funny. I read stories of leftists acting like this all the time but don't get all butt hurt and whiny.

Just defensive.

Ticked@TinselTown

Just defensive.

And then begins the double standard, the outrage, the obtuseness and the ever so popular, ' I don't engage in whataboutisms'...

LongKnife

As long as the valedictorian doesn't mention God, he's in the clear. Although Obama is close.

Ben Cranklin

Typical Obama. Inciting violence again.

Trump would have said "Don't just get involved. Earn your seat at the table. Better yet, earn a seat at the head of the table".

I'm not sure what Trump would have said, but I'm glad he at least didn't say the quote the kid "jokingly" attributed to him. When you really examine the words, you're right about how they reveal a presumptuous sense of entitlement. That is, your mere existence entitles you to YOUR seat at the table. Typical Obama...I'm surprised he didn't call it "YOUR table" instead of "the table", while he was at it. Earning a seat at the table? Obama and his ilk would sooner stretch out on the ground and die as earn anything through work that's actually beneficial to the United States in particular or Western Civilization in general.

Edited by Ben Cranklin

zurg

I read stories of leftists acting like this all the time but don't get all butt hurt and whiny.

How about this Ms Obtusian: I'm - not - buying - that - BS.