To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Liz

CNN's Tapper Has Testy Exchange With Ellison Over

Rate this topic

MontyPython

He needs to apologize because his lies have smeared whole groups of people, that’s why.

His lies? I thought you said he was "re-tweeting" other people's lies. There's a difference, you know. He denounced the liars after he found out who and what they were, which is the same thing as denouncing their lies.

Anyhow, this is getting extremely tedious. Yes I know, you will never stop telling yourself he's a "bigot/racist/whatever", because it's what you desperately want to believe, facts notwithstanding. Tell yourself whatever makes you happy.

:rolleyes:

SARGE

He needs to apologize because his lies have smeared whole groups of people, that’s why.

"basket of deplorables" :whistling:

Ladybird

His lies? I thought you said he was "re-tweeting" other people's lies. There's a difference, you know. He denounced the liars after he found out who and what they were, which is the same thing as denouncing their lies.

Anyhow, this is getting extremely tedious. Yes I know, you will never stop telling yourself he's a "bigot/racist/whatever", because it's what you desperately want to believe, facts notwithstanding. Tell yourself whatever makes you happy.

:rolleyes:

He did not denounce Britain First.

He did not apologize for the lies about blacks.

The lies he said at rally in Alabama was from his own lips. He’s never apologized for that.

He’s a lying POS and a bigot.

Ladybird

And? I didn’t vote for her and she isn’t the president.

oki

Only to members of his religion. Those words are close to blasphemy if you made that claim to actual Muslims.

Ellison is not getting “huffy” about the criticisms of Farrakhan as an antisemitic hate monger. Ellison has already denounced Farrakhan and his beliefs, at least publicly. It is what he has done privately with respect to communications with Farrakhan which is at issue.

I can call Trump a bigot when he acts like one or parrots other bigots.

Then why was Ellison getting upset over Farakhan being called out?

Plus, how many bigots have you met who DID NOT disown kids for marrying Jews and converting to Judaism?

Just because someone doesn't pick enough of X or X or say all the right words doesn't make them a bigot.

Oki

Joe the Pagan

Plus, how many bigots have you met who DID NOT disown kids for marrying Jews and converting to Judaism?

Just because someone doesn't pick enough of X or X or say all the right words doesn't make them a bigot.

Oki

What is the difference between President Donald Trump and a Reform Jewish grandfather.

President Donald Trump has Jewish grandchildren.

MontyPython

The lies he said at rally in Alabama was from his own lips. He’s never apologized for that.

As I said, whatever makes you happy.

<_<

Ladybird

Oki

Are you reading the same OP? Ellison is upset at being yoked with Farrakhan, not on Farrakhan being called an anti-semite.

"Well, you're decrying bigotry. Louis Farrakhan is a pretty clear bigot," Tapper said.

Ellison said he agreed that Farrakhan was a bigot before saying that he didn't support him.

"I don't have any support for what the individual you just mentioned stands for nor do I agree with Trump's bigotry either," he said. "But then again, any time somebody tries to say that something is unfair and bigoted, if you're going to say, 'Well, one time you sort of said something or somebody said you said something.'"

Tapper then interjected that Ellison was a "follower of Farrakhan."

"No, I wasn't. Jake, I'm sorry, that's not true," Ellison responded.

Are you claiming only anti semitism counts as bigotry, but with hatred of Muslims and blacks, not so much?

Edited by Ladybird

oki

Are you reading the same OP? Ellison is upset at being yoked with Farrakhan, not on Farrakhan being called an anti-semite.

Are you claiming only anti semitism counts as bigotry, but with hatred of Muslims and blacks, not so much?

Just like your hero Ellison had no problem sitting in a house of Worship of a radical, but the moment it was no longer politically expedient bam he 'breaks ties' and it's all supposed to good. If that's how it works then why are any past dealings or associations of Conservatives always brought up as proof of being racist? Does this mean if I was a member of a White Supremacist Group and only quite when I decided to run for Public Office it shouldn't be a problem? That reeks of someone simply saying I better quite not because I longer believe in this but because it will look bad.

Plus, AGAIN IF TRUMP IS A BIGOT WHY WAS JARED KUSHNER HIS JEWISH SON IN LAW A MEMBER OF HIS INNER CIRCLE? Much less why didn't he disown his daughter for her conversion to Judaism? Please answer this.

Oki

oki

What is the difference between President Donald Trump and a Reform Jewish grandfather.

President Donald Trump has Jewish grandchildren.

Ouch.

You know the difference between a Grandfather and a Racist Grandfather?

The Grandfather don't give a damn about genetics, dna, color etc. They are his Grandkids and that's all that matters.

Never once have I heard my wife parents or did I hear her Grandparents refer to my kids as their half breeds, half American Grand Kids or such.

They always referred to them by name or their Grandchildren. Has anyone ever heard Trump say his Jewish Grandchildren?

I have read that if you fixate on something long enough, stare hard enough, and believe strong enough, eventually you will start to see what you want, even when it's not there.

Oki

Ladybird

Just like your hero Ellison had no problem sitting in a house of Worship of a radical, but the moment it was no longer politically expedient bam he 'breaks ties' and it's all supposed to good. If that's how it works then why are any past dealings or associations of Conservatives always brought up as proof of being racist? Does this mean if I was a member of a White Supremacist Group and only quite when I decided to run for Public Office it shouldn't be a problem? That reeks of someone simply saying I better quite not because I longer believe in this but because it will look bad.

Plus, AGAIN IF TRUMP IS A BIGOT WHY WAS JARED KUSHNER HIS JEWISH SON IN LAW A MEMBER OF HIS INNER CIRCLE? Much less why didn't he disown his daughter for her conversion to Judaism? Please answer this.

Oki

Your claims about his getting huffy on calling out the bigotry of Farrakhan are incorrect, right?

The OP is about the sincerity of his denouncements of Farrakhan, which is a fair question.

What does Trumps Jewish son-in-law have to do with his hatred, hostility toward Muslims and appeals to bigotry about blacks and others?

Again.. Is prejudice against Jews the only bigotry that counts?

SARGE

And? I didn’t vote for her and she isn’t the president.

And that one sailed right over your head.

You don't want to acknowledge Democrat failings/hypocrisy, do you?

Ladybird

And that one sailed right over your head.

You don't want to acknowledge Democrat failings/hypocrisy, do you?

I never said there weren’t any.

No one here wants to acknowledge Trumps appeals to bigotry.

MontyPython

Give it up, Oki (and SARGE and everybody else.) It's crystal clear LB desperately wants to believe Trump is a "racist/bigot", facts notwithstanding.

It doesn't matter to her that Trump has repeatedly denounced racists and racism. It doesn't matter that we have a direct and recent example of a real card-carrying racist loudly denouncing him. It doesn't matter that Trump's policies have directly resulted in the lowest black unemployment levels in history. It doesn't matter how many facts have to be twisted and/or ignored. It doesn't matter about Oki's point concerning Jews. It doesn't matter that the left's accusations against Trump are virtually always outright baseless lies (such as "Muslim ban" and "concentration camps" and "Russian collusion" and so forth), and the "bigot/racist" accusation is no different.

Nope, doesn't matter. She's determined to believe what she wants to believe, and has no intention of letting little inconveniences like "truth" or "facts" interfere. Standard fare from the Trump-haters.

And lemme just add something here, even though I've said it many times in many previous threads: I don't like Trump, personality-wise. He's a bombastic loudmouth, a bully, somewhat childish, has incredibly thin skin, gets into ridiculous "twitter wars" over silly trivialities, and frankly I wish somebody would just take away his smart-phone or whatever device he "tweets" on. He's not somebody I'd wanna be buddies with, or go out for beers with, or whatever.

My point? Simple: Even if there was some logical or honest reason to believe he was a "racist/bigot" in his personal life/attitude (there isn't, but I'm talking hypothetically so bear with me)...Even if there was some logical, honest reason to believe he was a "racist/bigot" in his personal life/attitude, it wouldn't change the fact that he's doing a GREAT job as President. We're damn lucky to have him. He doesn't have to be "likeable", but he does have to work for the betterment of America. And that's exactly what he's doing.

B)

oki

Your claims about his getting huffy on calling out the bigotry of Farrakhan are incorrect, right?

The OP is about the sincerity of his denouncements of Farrakhan, which is a fair question.

What does Trumps Jewish son-in-law have to do with his hatred, hostility toward Muslims and appeals to bigotry about blacks and others?

Again.. Is prejudice against Jews the only bigotry that counts?

He did get real huffy over his associations with Farakahn didn't he? Like I said it's just fine when PAST AND LONG AGO associations are brought up for Republicans but oh dear it's no big deal when it's a Liberal Favorite such as Obama. Don't you think it's very telling that Ellison only 'broke ties' with Farakahn when he decided to run for public office. Imagine if a Conservative running for public office only broke ties with a Radical Group when he decided to run for public office, would you give him the same latitude you are expecting Ellison to get?

AS per Trump, Jews are one of the biggest targets of Bigots are they not? Typically it's an all or nothing. The fact that his Daughter converted and his son in law where not only part of the family but part of his inner circle says a lot. Also, ever heard of a guy named Ben Carson?

Remind us what color his skin is again and how he got his job. Picking people based on abilities and qualifications not race or religion is called good sense, picking people based on gender, race or religion is called political correctness. Do you pick a plumber or mechanic based on their reputation and skill or based on their color and religion?

What a Racist man Trump must be, the nerve that the President of the United States would stop, BREAK TYPICAL PROTOCOL, BEND DOWN AND PICK UP THE CAP OF A LOWLY BLACK MARINE PUT IT ON HIS HEAD AND PAT HIM ON THE SHOULDER.

Talk about a racist gesture!

Oki

Joe the Pagan

[leftist rant]

It was staged.

Why was the other Marie's hat staying on? We have never learned the name of the Marie who lost his hat. How do we know it is not an actor? There is no proof the hat was not placed there so Trump could pick it up. We don't see the right hand of the Secret Service agent facing away from the camera the "second" time the hat comes off. He might have had a wire in his hand connected to the hat and jerked it off the man's head.

He need to investigate Hatgate NOW.

[/leftist rant]

Ladybird

He did get real huffy over his associations with Farakahn didn't he? Like I said it's just fine when PAST AND LONG AGO associations are brought up for Republicans but oh dear it's no big deal when it's a Liberal Favorite such as Obama. Don't you think it's very telling that Ellison only 'broke ties' with Farakahn when he decided to run for public office. Imagine if a Conservative running for public office only broke ties with a Radical Group when he decided to run for public office, would you give him the same latitude you are expecting Ellison to get?

AS per Trump, Jews are one of the biggest targets of Bigots are they not? Typically it's an all or nothing. The fact that his Daughter converted and his son in law where not only part of the family but part of his inner circle says a lot. Also, ever heard of a guy named Ben Carson?

Remind us what color his skin is again and how he got his job. Picking people based on abilities and qualifications not race or religion is called good sense, picking people based on gender, race or religion is called political correctness. Do you pick a plumber or mechanic based on their reputation and skill or based on their color and religion?

What a Racist man Trump must be, the nerve that the President of the United States would stop, BREAK TYPICAL PROTOCOL, BEND DOWN AND PICK UP THE CAP OF A LOWLY BLACK MARINE PUT IT ON HIS HEAD AND PAT HIM ON THE SHOULDER.

Talk about a racist gesture!

Oki

Sure, that makes up for all of the lies, smears, and whipping up hatred..

grimreefer

CNN's Tapper Has Testy Exchange With Ellison Over Farrakhan.

Noclevermoniker

Blacks lie about whites all day every day. Does that make you uncomfortable?

SARGE

Sure, that makes up for all of the lies, smears, and whipping up hatred..

You expect Trump to apologize for the Left's (Democrat) behavior? :coolshades:

Severian

Clinging to their guns and Bible...derp.