With Little Known, MSNBC Blames Trump For Newsroom Shooting

Rate this topic

Liz

With Little Known, MSNBC Blames Trump For Newsroom Shooting

'We have open hatred towards the media, fake news, this is the era of it'

grabiennews

Jun 28, 2018

Excerpt:

Before any facts were known about the shooter who killed multiple people in an Annapolis newsroom, the major media wasted no time assigning blame on President Trump.

During live coverage on MSNBC, law enforcement analysts Jim Cavanaugh and Clint Watts indicated Trump's attacks on the media played a role.

"The fact that it is a newspaper does come into play in 2018 in the minds of those of us who do not know the details of what actually happened," anchor Ali Velshi said. "Jim Cavanaugh said it, there are always attacks on the press, but it feels like there are more these days.”

“It is a unique time in our country’s history; we have open hatred towards the media, fake news, this is the era of it," Watts responded. "We hear lots of discussion about it. We had a figure just show up in the last 48 hours, I believe, that said they would be excited if vigilante squads would shoot down reporters essentially on site. This is a troubling thing here. We don’t know if it is a personal motivation, what we tend to see with a workplace kind of shooting. Maybe it is a personal grudge. But it is a target, a place where we have seen increasingly come under verbal assault. You have to wonder if that’s actual physical assault based on that type of an outlet.”

MSNBC contributor and former NYPD Commissioner Bill Bratton likewise suggested Trump had some culpability:

*snip*

“Commissioner, Tom Costello and Clint Watts and Tom Winter all referenced this charged environment in which we’re operating in which journalists — I don’t know specifically if this climate affected the journalists working at the ‘Capital Gazette’ newspaper in Annapolis where the shooting took place today," Nicolle Wallace said, "but any thoughts you have about the climate, about the rhetoric in this country, about news organizations?”

"The climate makes it much more difficult for law enforcement, for example, in the sense of — with so many guns in this nation, more guns than people, with so many people who get so wrapped up in issues, whether it’s politics — we just recently saw the president again attacking CNN reporter — so that doesn’t help matters at all in terms of directing venom to the media in this case," Bratton responded. "And it just compounds the problem. Too many people get ginned up on words and then they translate it into action. And they have the resources to make that action very deadly as we’ve seen in this situation."

*snip*

The Rest

Of course, the press is entirely blameless here. :shrug:

BerkeleyUnderground

I think our Founders were brilliant.

They foresaw and anticipated so much.

But I gotta say I would think that if they thought that what used to be called the Forth Estate, the "news" business, would be holding politicians feet to the fire and be our truth detectors, that's not how it is today.

...same for the judiciary ignoring the Constitution.

BerkeleyUnderground

I should correct what I said to the extent that there is opposing points of view media but it's just that most of the major media sources seem to me to be totally dishonest.

Lori

Thank you, media, for your complete and utter lack of self-awareness!

Trump Trump and more Trump, bless your hearts! :comfort:

grimreefer

It was apparently an act of a lone sociopath, but that won't stop lefties from trying to use it to advance their false narratives. Talk about venom. Blame Trump, blame guns, blame toxic masculinity, blame conservative women, blame climate change.........

:yawn:

I am still amazed at the police response time. 60 seconds. You're not going to get much quicker than that, and he managed to kill 5 defenseless people in the meantime.

RedSoloCup

Moonbats Spouting Nothing But Crap.

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

This is what proggy libtards do.

They lie.

And lie.

And lie.

And lie.

And lie. And lie. And lie.

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Vandervecken

Sure why not? Blame him for the extinction of the dinosaurs too (I have an alibi for that one myself).

mjperry51

It was apparently an act of a lone sociopath, but that won't stop lefties from trying to use it to advance their false narratives. Talk about venom. Blame Trump, blame guns, blame toxic masculinity, blame conservative women, blame climate change.........

:yawn:

I am still amazed at the police response time. 60 seconds. You're not going to get much quicker than that, and he managed to kill 5 defenseless people in the meantime.

If the right person were armed in that building the death toll would have been lower (not counting the perpetrator). . .

Dutch13

Let's be honest. When Trump constantly calls the press "America's real enemy", it is an easy transition to blame Trump for the attack.

That said, the press is doing the EXACT same thing to Trump........so why don't we just blame the shooter for the decisions that he or she made.

Edited by Dutch13

Let's be honest. When Trump constantly calls the press "America's real enemy", it is an easy transition to blame Trump for the attack.

That said, the press is doing the EXACT same thing to Trump........so why don't we just blame the shooter for the decisions that he or she made.

But Trump is 100% correct.

The lying press and lamestream media are America's real enemy.

But as always, you're TDS shines through.

grimreefer

Did he call the press an enemy? I know he's called fake news the enemy. If he did say "the press", I'd think he means fake news anyway.

:shrug:

MontyPython

Dutch's comments were fair; No "TDS" implied.

He didn't say it was Trump's fault, he just said that after all the anti-media comments Trump has made, it's an easy transition (i.e. it's easy for the MSM to accuse Trump and make it seem plausible.) And I agree. Those who already hate Trump anyway will accept the MSM's accusation without applying any objective thought.

Dutch placed the actual blame exactly where it belongs: On the shooter himself. And again, I agree.

B)

zurg

If the right person were armed in that building the death toll would have been lower (not counting the perpetrator). . .

And if more and more buildings had this, potential shooters would know that there’d be a good chance of return fire. That they couldn’t plan their mission to just waltz in and start unloading. After a while they’d get the message.

Why we (as a nation) aren’t making a big deal about proposing this is unacceptable to me. Instead we let those dominate the discussion who’d remove the ability to defend ourselves.

Proggies are truly hogg-crap crazy.

Ladybird

Did he call the press an enemy? I know he's called fake news the enemy. If he did say "the press", I'd think he means fake news anyway.

:shrug:

Yes.

Dutch13

But Trump is 100% correct.

The lying press and lamestream media are America's real enemy.

But as always, you're TDS shines through.

Hahaha......as soon as I wrote "Let's be honest", it pretty much eliminated you from the conversation.

2d49zc.jpg

Edited by Dutch13

Dutch13

And if more and more buildings had this, potential shooters would know that there'd be a good chance of return fire. That they couldn't plan their mission to just waltz in and start unloading. After a while they'd get the message.

Why we (as a nation) aren't making a big deal about proposing this is unacceptable to me. Instead we let those dominate the discussion who'd remove the ability to defend ourselves.

Proggies are truly hogg-crap crazy.

It pisses me off that we are still having these conversations........and schools are not being hardened. Every single day during the summer should be spent making them ACTUALLY safer.

Hahaha......as soon as I wrote "Let's be honest", it pretty much eliminated you from the conversation.

2d49zc.jpg

Just keep on deluding yourself as always, TDS boy. :lol:

It pisses me off that we are still having these conversations........and schools are not being hardened. Every single day during the summer should be spent making them ACTUALLY safer.

That's because the schools are still controlled by the proggies in most all local governments as well as by the proggy infested federal department of education.

They won't harden the schools because they want this to happen, just like illegal immigration.

BA-DERP!

grimreefer

Yes.

"The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!"

As I thought, "fake news media"... and he forgot to mention a few. :eyebrows:

Seriously, those mentioned are NOT innocent to the accusation. Their "regular" news coverage of non-political events seems adequate for the most part, but their agenda driven members who pose as journalists are taking a toll on their legitimacy. I'm not saying Trump is a saint. Not by a long shot, but over 90% negative coverage isn't a hallmark of honest media.

USNRETWIFE

I read in the article Drudge posted that this shooter has had a beef with this paper since 2011. If one wants to be stupid enough to blame a president, let's remember who was president in 2011. :whistling:

Edited by USNRETWIFE

Vandervecken

Yes.

A distinction without a difference. We know exactly who he means, and he does NOT mean a free press. He means the pure Leftist propaganda we have that masquerades as a free press and is itself the enemy of a free press. If the Leftist traitormedia is a "free press," then the Body Snatchers were humans.

Ladybird

A distinction without a difference. We know exactly who he means, and he does NOT mean a free press. He means the pure Leftist propaganda we have that masquerades as a free press and is itself the enemy of a free press. If the Leftist traitormedia is a "free press," then the Body Snatchers were humans.

He calls news stories fake when he doesn't like what is being reported, even when they are 100 percent accurate. Every news organization (except for the Trump fan club at Fox) is "fake news".

RedSoloCup

I read in the article Drudge posted that this shooter has had a beef with this paper since 2011. If one wants to be stupid enough to blame a president, let's remember who was president in 2011. :whistling:

:exactly:

He calls news stories fake when he doesn't like what is being reported, even when they are 100 percent accurate. Every news organization (except for the Trump fan club at Fox) is "fake news".

Well no <censored>, Sherlock

Dutch13

President Trump isn't wrong when he calls about the media for their lies (they do tell the truth once in a while).........so I wouldn't expect them to be honest about this situation.