To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Ladybird

How LeBron James’ new public school really is the first of its kind

Rate this topic

AnnieGotHerGun

How can a private citizen open a public school? Doesn't the government control all public schools?

Besides, James is a liberal twit that has an insatiable need for relevancy.

Ladybird

How can a private citizen open a public school? Doesn't the government control all public schools?

Yes. How dare he try to help educate underprivileged children.

AnnieGotHerGun

Yes. How dare he try to help educate underprivileged children.

Bad people can do good things.

Still doesn't answer my question of how a private citizen can start a 'public' school.

Dean Adam Smithee

Easy. An inlaw and several others did it in Indiana. They bought an old abandoned elementary school building (originally built in 1929) from the township, spent the better part of 2 years fixing it up, and created...

Mays Community Academy

Mays Community Academy was founded in the beliefs that a school is a community and that a child’s guardian is the strongest advocate for that child’s education. MCA serves as an important educational option for families in east central Indiana, providing an environment rich in both hands-on learning and technological advantages. Our student body is currently comprised of children from Rush, Henry, Fayette, and Hancock Counties.

It's important to note that,
as a public charter school, an education at Mays Community Academy is free to all
, and that our experienced staff has the freedom to be innovative in the classroom while meeting and exceeding state standards. MCA is also small enough to be flexible and responsive to the varied needs of our students and their families, including challenging gifted and talented students and providing a complete support spectrum for special needs students. Delivering a total K-6 student experience is a responsibility we take very seriously.

MTP Reggie

Never heard of him.

RIP.

Ladybird

Easy. An inlaw and several others did it in Indiana. They bought an old abandoned elementary school building (originally built in 1929) from the township, spent the better part of 2 years fixing it up, and created...

Mays Community Academy

Mays Community Academy was founded in the beliefs that a school is a community and that a child’s guardian is the strongest advocate for that child’s education. MCA serves as an important educational option for families in east central Indiana, providing an environment rich in both hands-on learning and technological advantages. Our student body is currently comprised of children from Rush, Henry, Fayette, and Hancock Counties.

as a public charter school, an education at Mays Community Academy is free to all
, and that our experienced staff has the freedom to be innovative in the classroom while meeting and exceeding state standards. MCA is also small enough to be flexible and responsive to the varied needs of our students and their families, including challenging gifted and talented students and providing a complete support spectrum for special needs students. Delivering a total K-6 student experience is a responsibility we take very seriously.

Nice.

This is the sort of initiative that Betsy Devos has championed.

Novaprime

Like others who've posted before me, I had no idea who LeBron James is. I'd heard the name before, of course, so I knew he was somebody who was well-known for some reason or another. I just didn't know what that reason was. Sports? Music? Actor? Politician? Didn't matter to me.

Well now because of this kerfuffle I've watched that "interview" James did with Don Lemon. After seeing the stupid BS James said about Trump, I can understand why Trump responded as he did.

<_<

They wanted the attention because by mentioning Trump, they nearly guaranteed that he would respond and he didn't disappoint them. Not saying it's a good or bad thing, it's a Trump thing. His style is so alien to them that they really don't know what to do about it other than to swing at him more to which he responds back as no other Republican politician has ever done before.

Love (like) him or hate (loath) him, he will not change. He's an old dog and he's through learning new tricks. He wasn't in my top 5 picks but I'll take him any day of the week over Hillery and twice on Sunday.

AnnieGotHerGun

Mays Community Academy

Thanks for answering my question!

I truly didn't know individuals or groups could get government funding for public schools.

And as long as James' new school sticks to reading, writing, and 'rithmatic, I have no problem with this at all. In fact, I applaud him for his efforts. If the school starts indoctrinating the kids, then I'll take back any kudos I offered.

MontyPython

They wanted the attention because by mentioning Trump, they nearly guaranteed that he would respond and he didn't disappoint them. Not saying it's a good or bad thing, it's a Trump thing. His style is so alien to them that they really don't know what to do about it other than to swing at him more to which he responds back as no other Republican politician has ever done before.

Love (like) him or hate (loath) him, he will not change. He's an old dog and he's through learning new tricks. He wasn't in my top 5 picks but I'll take him any day of the week over Hillery and twice on Sunday.

It's just standard fare from the left that LeBron James can publicly slander President Trump all he wants, but if Trump responds then he's the bad guy.

:rolleyes:

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

I LOVE that Trump responds/defends to these incessant personal attacks and offends as many proggy leftard and #nevertrumpers as possible in the process! :D

Foment their own hatred to completely consume, disable and neutralize them all! newburn.gif

:woohoo:

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Ladybird

It's just standard fare from the left that LeBron James can publicly slander President Trump all he wants, but if Trump responds then he's the bad guy.

He said the president was divisive. Nothing slanderous about that. Even the Koch officials agree.

And calling your critics “dumb” is pretty pathetic response.

Tea Party Hooligan

He said the president was divisive. Nothing slanderous about that. Even the Koch officials agree.

You leftists are having a hard time dealing with someone who isn't going to sit by and take your crap, as has happened in the past. You can't deal with return fire from those you criticize, so you whine and cry about it like you're the victims. As the saying goes "don't start nuthin'; won't be nuthin'". If these leftists elitists and celebrities would shut their pieholes, then they won't be told off. It's really simple.

MontyPython

James said more than that. <_<

And in any case, even that is precisely backwards. Which side is physically attacking the other side? Shouting down the other side? Rioting and smashing windows and burning cars? Hounding people in stores, restaurants, theaters, and even their own homes? Smashing cars simply because of bumper stickers? Has spent millions and wasted years trying to impeach the legally-elected president just because they don't like him?

Etc etc etc.....Any suggestion it's Trump who's being "divisive" is astonishingly stupid. It's like a three-year-old brat throwing a tantrum, screaming and beating the floor with his hands, and then blaming somebody else for his bruised hands.

Ladybird

James said more than that. <_<

And in any case, even that is precisely backwards. Which side is physically attacking the other side? Shouting down the other side? Rioting and smashing windows and burning cars? Hounding people in stores, restaurants, theaters, and even their own homes? Smashing cars simply because of bumper stickers? Has spent millions and wasted years trying to impeach the legally-elected president just because they don't like him?

Etc etc etc.....Any suggestion it's Trump who's being "divisive" is astonishingly stupid. It's like a three-year-old brat throwing a tantrum, screaming and beating the floor with his hands, and then blaming somebody else for his bruised hands.

You only notice when targets of political anger are on your side. In fairness, my lefty friends are guilty of the same.

SARGE

You only notice when targets of political anger are on your side. In fairness, my lefty friends are guilty of the same.

And you're not? :rofl: :rofl:

Wag-a-Muffin (D)

I sometimes wish President Trump would let the occasional snide remark about him slide, but he has never been known to. And now he's pretty set in his ways and I can understand that. I'd fight back too and part of me is glad to finally have a President who doesn't suffer insults quietly.

Mark

Your mouth said my words. Usually it's ilja who is the other half of my brain. . . :coolshades:

MontyPython

!!!

Saddest of all is that you're serious!! I "notice" the ones that get reported by the MSM. You know, the Trump-hating MSM. If there was anywhere NEAR an equal balance of such events, the MSM would be all over it.

You know perfectly well it's the leftists who engage in the overwhelming majority of violence and intolerance. Any denial of that conspicuous fact would be sub-moronic.

<_<

searcher

Your mouth said my words. Usually it's ilja who is the other half of my brain. . . :coolshades:

Thank you. Ilja is a definite keeper.

Mark

Dean Adam Smithee

I sometimes wish President Trump would let the occasional snide remark about him slide, but he has never been known to. And now he's pretty set in his ways and I can understand that. I'd fight back too and part of me is glad to finally have a President who doesn't suffer insults quietly.

Mark

From a small-biz perspective (Albeit not 1/1000 Trump Org size), I get it... but not sure than in politics it translates well.

Project in the middle east early '90s. Saw a man not only get "fired" from a job, but literally BEATEN with a large stick/rod as he was walking off the jobsite... for putting 500 ml of "Company" oil into his own vehicle's engine.

Me? An American? A certain amount of "shrinkage" at the Supply level is no big deal. It's factored in, even.

I had a conversation with Mr. Josef from India, the "project manager".

ME: "Was this really necessary?", the beatings and all?

PM Josef: Yes. You can't let these things get out of hand.

I learned a lot there.

MTP Reggie
38614809_2241336279216080_5344857100726042624_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=2f62896a5824f4ca9e7b091e97bb0293&oe=5C0342D8