To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Ladybird

Alex Jones, Pursued Over Infowars Falsehoods, Faces a Legal Crossroads

Rate this topic

gravelrash

Accusations of child molestation can get someone killed. Are you kidding?

And I notice you conveniently left off Jones’ comments about Mueller.

I'm not kidding. No one accused Steve Scalise of pedophilia. Look what happened. Should we go after Bernie Sanders?

I did not "conveniently" leave out Jones' comments about Mueller. Mueller is an indefensible POS. I have worse to say about Mueller than Jones does. But I'm not going to resort to weird, creepy accusations of pedophilia.

Ladybird

I'm not kidding. No one accused Steve Scalise of pedophilia. Look what happened. Should we go after Bernie Sanders?

I did not "conveniently" leave out Jones' comments about Mueller. Mueller is an indefensible POS. I have worse to say about Mueller than Jones does. But I'm not going to resort to weird, creepy accusations of pedophilia.

So Jones making a gesture like he’s pointing a gun while saying he’s going to get Mueller or die trying is not a threat?

gravelrash

So Jones making a gesture like he’s pointing a gun while saying he’s going to get Mueller or die trying is not a threat?

Well, I'm not Miss Manners. People point fingers all the time at other people. As for "get", Jones could be referring to any suggestion of the word from "embarrassing" to "understanding" Mueller. "Or die trying" is an expression that means "to go too great lengths" or "I have a death wish".

I'm more concerned about what Mueller has been doing (threatening our civil liberties) than Jones has been saying (conspiracy nonsense). Jones' Sandy Hook rants are devastating to the families but he has the right to say them. The lawsuits will settle whether Jones has been defamatory.

Buckwheat Jones

She said "tell them". That does not mean physically touching someone. Wrap yourself in pretzels and declare yourself 'the winner', but it doesn't change the fact that she didn't tell anyone to go out and do violence.

If the phrase 'push back on them' was meant as a call to violence, every board room in this country would be a blood bath.

It is a figure of speech.

Yelling Fire! In a movie theatre does not mean that you have physically manipulated a group of passive audience members into becoming a thundering herd of terrified water buffaloes all trying to trample their way out of two small exits. You can twist yourself into a pretzel and declare yourself the winner etc. etc. etc. and that no one died or got hurt because of your actions. Bah blah blah...

Ladybird

August 08, 2018 - 05:07 PM EDT

Alex Jones' lawyer seeks to make addresses of Sandy Hook parents public

A lawyer for Infowars founder Alex Jones is seeking to make public the home addresses of parents who lost their children in the 2012 mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., according to a report.

Jones, who has spread conspiracy theories about the shooting including the claim that it was staged, is being sued by family members of the victims for defamation.

HuffPost, which obtained court filings in the case, reported Wednesday that Jones's legal team is asking the judge to dismiss statements from the parents unless they provide their addresses and birth dates.

Attorney Mark Enoch, who is representing Jones in the defamation case, objected to the parents' declarations, citing a Texas law that requires personal information be provided in such cases.

“The declarations filed by Plaintiffs are neither affidavits nor are they proper declarations,” Enoch’s objection reads.

In their declarations, the families suing Jones allege that his promotion of conspiracy theories over the shooting led to harassment.

<snip>

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/400985-alex-jones-lawyer-seeks-to-make-addresses-of-sandy-hook-parents-public

Noclevermoniker

Clearly not understanding why I wrote those words.

"If you like your plan, you can keep your plan. Period."

JerryL

If "you push them" is not a threat or an incitement to violence, then no, this is not a threat.

Noclevermoniker

If "you push them" is not a threat or an incitement to violence, then no, this is not a threat.

Don't forget Obobo's, "If they bring a knife, you bring a gun."

Ladybird

So many “what abouts” for a man whose absolutely disgusting and insane statements like this:

“When I think about all the children Hillary Clinton has personally murdered and chopped up and raped, I have zero fear standing up against her,” Jones said in a YouTube video posted on Nov. 4. “Yeah, you heard me right. Hillary Clinton has personally murdered children. I just can’t hold back the truth anymore.” Jones eventually tied his comments about Clinton to U.S. policy in Syria.

led to a crazy conspiracy and a business being shot up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pizzagate-from-rumor-to-hashtag-to-gunfire-in-dc/2016/12/06/4c7def50-bbd4-11e6-94ac-3d324840106c_story.html

Magic Rat

So many “what abouts” for a man whose absolutely disgusting and insane statements like this:

led to a crazy conspiracy and a business being shot up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pizzagate-from-rumor-to-hashtag-to-gunfire-in-dc/2016/12/06/4c7def50-bbd4-11e6-94ac-3d324840106c_story.html

You bitching about 'what abouts' rings pretty hollow, don't you think?

Like I said, he has the right to say whatever he wants. He is not directly responsible for his mouth breathing fans harassing the family members or the Sandy Hook victims, nor is he directly responsible for anyone being shot up. He invents or repeats incredible conspiracy theories. He hasn't told anyone to act on them unless you can show different.

Waters did indeed tell her moronic followers to act. That is a fact you refuse to accept. This is why you have less credibility than Jones. Let that sink in a minute...

Ladybird

You bitching about 'what abouts' rings pretty hollow, don't you think?

Like I said, he has the right to say whatever he wants. He is not directly responsible for his mouth breathing fans harassing the family members or the Sandy Hook victims, nor is he directly responsible for anyone being shot up. He invents or repeats incredible conspiracy theories. He hasn't told anyone to act on them unless you can show different.

Waters did indeed tell her moronic followers to act. That is a fact you refuse to accept. This is why you have less credibility than Jones. Let that sink in a minute...

What he is legally responsible for has yet to be decided. That will be up to the judge.

The whiny "what about this or that liberal" posts have nothing to do with Alex Jones and the complaints against him.

Edited by Ladybird

Magic Rat

What he is legally responsible for has yet to be decided. That will be up to the judge.

The whiny "what about this or that liberal" posts have nothing to do with Alex Jones and the complaints against him.

And if the First Amendment is to be followed without watered down PC bull<censored>, he will be free of any legal repercussions. Either we have free speech or we don't. It's pretty bleak that anyone is rooting for an American citizen to be punished for talking.

Ladybird

And if the First Amendment is to be followed without watered down PC bull<censored>, he will be free of any legal repercussions. Either we have free speech or we don't. It's pretty bleak that anyone is rooting for an American citizen to be punished for talking.

Yelling fire in theater? Slander and libel laws? I have no idea whether he is guilty of violating any laws, but the victims of his paranoid bullcrap are fed up, and have every right to seek redress. They may not be successful, but they have every right to fight back.

Magic Rat

Yelling fire in theater? Slander and libel laws? I have no idea whether he is guilty of violating any laws, but the victims of his paranoid bullcrap are fed up, and have every right to seek redress. They may not be successful, but they have every right to fight back.

He didn't cause a riot by claiming an immediate danger, so your tired old 'fire in a theater' example sucks. What slander or libel law did he break? Also sucks.

He has the right to a be paranoid (Or pretend to be.). They have the right be fed up. They have the right to not listen. They have the right to counter his speech. They have the right to complain about it. They have the right 'seek redress' because he is peddling unpopular ideas. But if he is punished for talking, it will be a great injustice in what is supposed to be a free society. Like I said, either you believe in free speech or you don't. Who else do you think should be punished for speech?

Edited by Magic Rat

Ladybird

He didn't cause a riot by claiming an immediate danger, so your tired old 'fire in a theater' example sucks. What slander or libel law did he break? Also sucks.

He has the right to a be paranoid (Or pretend to be.). They have the right be fed up. They have the right to not listen. They have the right to counter his speech. They have the right to complain about it. They do not have the right 'seek redress' because he is peddling unpopular ideas. If he is punished for talking, it will be a great injustice in what is supposed to be a free society. Like I said, either you believe in free speech or you don't. Who else do you think should be punished for speech?

He has the right to publicly and falsely accuse people of pedophilia and of murdering children? Would you like to be on the other end of that diatribe?

There are limits to speech in this country.

Edited by Ladybird

Dean Adam Smithee

And whatever happened to?:

"I Disapprove of What You Say, But I Will Defend to the Death Your Right to Say It"

- Attributed to Voltaire, circa late 1700s

Same applies to sub-moronic dipsh!ts like that imbecile running for Congress in the Bronx whose name is too insignificant to be even worth remembering. YES, these people are free to spout their BS. And *WE* are, likewise, perfectly free to Jeer at it, wipe our asses with what they've written, and flush it down the commode of history.

(But I will posit that I'm somewhat less a perfect philosopher than Voltaire. When the time comes to support the Bronx ArschFickenHund, let me check my calendar, I think I'm busy that day.)

Magic Rat

He has the right to publicly and falsely accuse people of pedophilia and of murdering children? Would you like to be on the other end of that diatribe?

There are limits to speech in this country.

No, I wouldn't but I believe he has the right to believe and express himself. He hasn't directly caused harm. He's been an obnoxious jerkoff but no direct harm.

Not against someone who has not caused any direct harm.

SARGE

they have every right to fight back.

Where's the argument?

I vigorously disagree with what Jones said, but he had the right to say it.

If they win in court, justice prevails unless he can prove his claims.