To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
grimreefer

CNN Goes To Motorcycle Rally To Talk Russian Collusion -

Rate this topic

MontyPython

Are you serious?

Yup, LOL, she's serious. It's insane, but she repeatedly insists Maxine Waters' comments "weren't" an incitement to violence.

:nuts:

oki

Now members of congress are inciting violence? Right, because that’s not something the right ever done.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/republican-black-woman-georgia-threat-confederate-statues-monuments-jason-spencer-ladawn-jones-a7920751.html

This congressman has resigned, but only because he made a jackass of himself on TV. Wasn’t that inciting violence?

Maxine Waters, who has not threatened violence against anyone, was criticized by members of her party, including Pelosi.

My hearing isn't so good anymore, can you tell me what exactly she said at the 2:38 Mark? It sure sounded to me like she said "If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant in a department store at a gas station at a police station you get and you create a crowd and you push back on them and you tell them they're not welcome anymore anywhere"

:14 for this one.

Imagine if I took her 'advice' and said that about your family, friends, or anyone who voted the same as you.

HAs anyone asked or demanded Waters to step down?

Oki

Edit to add, the G.O.P. Congress Critter made a statement against one person. Not an entire group or generalization much less in front of a crowd of supporters!.

Edited by oki

Ladybird

My hearing isn't so good anymore, can you tell me what exactly she said at the 2:38 Mark? It sure sounded to me like she said "If you see anybody from that Cabinet in a restaurant in a department store at a gas station at a police station you get and you create a crowd and you push back on them and you tell them they're not welcome anymore anywhere"

:14 for this one.

Imagine if I took her 'advice' and said that about your family, friends, or anyone who voted the same as you.

HAs anyone asked or demanded Waters to step down?

Oki

Edit to add, the G.O.P. Congress Critter made a statement against one person. Not an entire group or generalization much less in front of a crowd of supporters!.

Was it or was it not a threat?

I grant you that Waters words may incite violence among the crazy, but she did not call for violence against his cabinet members or his supporters (which she didn’t even mention) which is what Trump claimed and has been parroted. It certainly is not treasonous.

And again, she was criticized by her party.

USNRETWIFE

[/size]

Did this reporter say that Sturgis swells to like 500,000 during Rally Week?

My bad, I got the wrong numbers. That's what I get for not looking things up! Depending on my aging memory, LOL. Sturgis Rally Attendance Numbers and other Statistics

USNRETWIFE

I'd like to go to Sturgis someday.

But I don't have a motorcycle and I don't have any friends who do.

And I wouldn't want to ride there alone and I have no interest in owning a Harley.

The motorcycle I had years ago was a dual purpose bike. It looked like a dirt bike but it had what it needed to be street legal.

I don't have a motorcycle and haven't since the 60s. but Sturgis is an experience even without one. An experience I am glad to have seen multiple times and now don't care if I do again. Too many people in one small town and the whole of the Black Hills. My husband had an eye appointment in Rapid City today and we fought traffic going and coming home. So many bikers go for only part of the week each year that the I90 is busier than usual all week long. Some like opening weekend, some like the last weekend. And some are there all week long. Good bands at Buffalo Chip, touring the Hills and Badlands and lots of partying. But it is fun to see. Warning though, the Hills (motels, gas, etc.) are more expensive during this time.

BerkeleyUnderground

I don't have a motorcycle and haven't since the 60s. but Sturgis is an experience even without one. An experience I am glad to have seen multiple times and now don't care if I do again. Too many people in one small town and the whole of the Black Hills.

Years ago I went to the Pendleton Roundup, one of the biggie rodeos, with some friends and I think we spent a whole day just shopping at the Western wear stores..

I think the adventure of just riding to Sturgis would be lots of fun but, yeah, crowds and congestion are not things I'm as willing to contend with as maybe I used to be.

But, yeah, I bet there's some beautiful things to see in SD.

Howsithangin

And again, she was criticized by SOME OF her party.

Bold mine

Are you serious?

Yes, and don't call her Shirley

Dean Adam Smithee

I'd like to go to Sturgis someday.

But I don't have a motorcycle and I don't have any friends who do.

And I wouldn't want to ride there alone and I have no interest in owning a Harley.

The motorcycle I had years ago was a dual purpose bike. It looked like a dirt bike but it had what it needed to be street legal.

I don't have a motorcycle and haven't since the 60s. but Sturgis is an experience even without one. An experience I am glad to have seen multiple times and now don't care if I do again. Too many people in one small town and the whole of the Black Hills. My husband had an eye appointment in Rapid City today and we fought traffic going and coming home. So many bikers go for only part of the week each year that the I90 is busier than usual all week long. Some like opening weekend, some like the last weekend. And some are there all week long. Good bands at Buffalo Chip, touring the Hills and Badlands and lots of partying. But it is fun to see. Warning though, the Hills (motels, gas, etc.) are more expensive during this time.

I've been to Daytona "Bike Week" twice. You want to talk about crowds and traffic? (Not a biker, just happened to be there on-the-job two different times)

THIS close to going to Sturgis once in the '90s. Engineering project in Miles City MT, and the weekend off. Sturgis was 3 hours away, but what the heck: ANYTHING is three hours from Miles City. Or so it seemed. I thought long and hard about it. In the end, decided that I probably wouldn't be welcome. Ended up going to the Custer National monument instead.

MontyPython

I've been to Daytona "Bike Week" twice. You want to talk about crowds and traffic? (Not a biker, just happened to be there on-the-job two different times)

THIS close to going to Sturgis once in the '90s. Engineering project in Miles City MT, and the weekend off. Sturgis was 3 hours away, but what the heck: ANYTHING is three hours from Miles City. Or so it seemed. I thought long and hard about it. In the end, decided that I probably wouldn't be welcome. Ended up going to the Custer National monument instead.

Wouldn't be welcome? Why on earth not?

:scratch:

zurg

Wouldn't be welcome? Why on earth not?

:scratch:

Maybe that happens with regularity....:whistling:

MontyPython

Maybe that happens with regularity....:whistling:

Or even "irregularity", as it's used in TV commercials...

:coolshades:

Italian Biker

Years ago I went to the Pendleton Roundup, one of the biggie rodeos, with some friends and I think we spent a whole day just shopping at the Western wear stores..

I think the adventure of just riding to Sturgis would be lots of fun but, yeah, crowds and congestion are not things I'm as willing to contend with as maybe I used to be.

But, yeah, I bet there's some beautiful things to see in SD.

Too crowded for my taste also. Though I hear going the week before the official rally, is a good time to go. Much easier to find lodging or camp sites.

RedSoloCup

I'm certainly not going to stop you (or anyone) from posting more motorcycle photos. :lol:

mouse-and-motorcycle-movie-youtube.jpg

:whistling:

Censport

That qualifies (as does Italian Biker's post).

Italian Biker

Gives the term "rat bike" a new meaning.

Dean Adam Smithee

Would I be kicked off this thread if I said that (2x Daytona "Bike Week" and wannabee Sturgis notwithstanding), the last time I've actually ridden any thing with 2 wheels and a motor was a Rupp Minibike in the mid '60s?

Somewhere I've got a polaroid of me on a minibike at like 7 YO right next to "Uncle Lee" on an actual motorcycle.

My claim to fame shame is that "Uncle Lee" was Lee Weiner of the '68 "Chicago 7".