Sign in to follow this  
MontyPython

‘2 + 2 = 4,’ Insists Closed-Minded Bigot

Rate this topic

MontyPython

‘2 + 2 = 4,’ Insists Closed-Minded Bigot

The Babylon Bee

May 9, 2017

MUNCIE, IN—In a mathematics lesson delivered to her kindergarten class Tuesday, local teacher and closed-minded bigot Becky Delatorre reportedly insisted that two plus two equals four, all the time, to the exclusion of all other numbers, no matter how anyone feels about it.

Asking her class the question, “What does two plus two equal?” the intolerant zealot systematically denied the possibility that the answer could be anything but “four,” going so far as to single out the specific integers three and seven as “wrong” when mentioned by students as possible answers.

“Is it three?” one young student asked, before another yelled out, “No! It’s seven, right? Seven!” The narrow-minded teacher shot them both down, dogmatically insisting that the only answer is four, no matter what anyone else thought or how it made the children feel.

“That’s right class, two plus two equals four,” Delatorre reportedly repeated numerous times.

After horrified students reported the incident to their parents, the school district had no choice but to take action, and has suspended the teacher without pay until the incident has been investigated more thoroughly.

https://babylonbee.com/news/2-2-4-insists-closed-minded-bigot/

Bubbajoebob

Not too far off the mark. Years ago when I was doing new faculty orientation at my university, another new professor (English dept.) was horrified when I said I was planning on multiple choice exams for my large introductory physics and astronomy courses because, she said, "there's more than one way to answer a question, etc. etc." She didn't like my answer that in the sciences there might be more than one way to find the right answer, but there's just one right answer. The bridge stays up or it falls down, the train arrives at a specific time, etc., and it doesn't depend on who did the calculation, what their background was, or how they feel about it. If there are two contradictory answers then one is wrong or both are wrong, but they can't both be right."

LongKnife
:biglaugh:

Diamond369

Is this another old math versus new math debate?

Severian

If this woman doesn't start thinking and teaching properly, off to Room 101 with her! AMSOC!

zurg

This is a great article yet our proggie friends don’t even get what it’s all about.

Big Dave

But, 2+2=5...and the boot stomps on your face forever....

USNJIMRET

If this woman doesn't start thinking and teaching properly, off to Room 101 with her! AMSOC!

Ah, but is that room 1 of the first floor, or room 1 of the tenth floor?

Or perhaps even Room 65, which presents it's won 'issues'?? :whistling: