To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Ladybird

Fox News Draws Fire for Headline Referring to Duncan Hunter’s Dem Chal

Rate this topic

Ladybird

Fox News Draws Fire for Headline Referring to Duncan Hunter’s Dem Challenger as ‘Grandson of Terrorist’

by Josh Feldman | Aug 24th, 2018, 8:05 pm

Fox News’ website has an article looking at Duncan Hunter‘s Democratic challenger Ammar Campa-Najjar that rather blatantly frames him as the grandson of a terrorist.

The headline – leading FoxNews.com as of this writing – now says this:

<picture>

As the article itself notes, Campa-Najjar never met his grandfather Muhammad Yusuf al-Najjar because he was born many years after al-Najjar was killed.

Hunter, of course, has been in the news this week due to being indicted on alleged misuse of campaign funds.

Campa-Najjar had addressed the matter months ago, denouncing his grandfather’s horrific actions and saying, “For the sake of the victims, I hoped this tragedy wouldn’t be politicized. But if these old wounds must be re-opened, then I pray God gives purpose to their unspeakable pain. I pray that purpose is to see peace prioritized by my generation of Palestinians, Israelis, and the whole of humanity.”

He has also said, “I’m happy to take responsibility for my own choices and my own decisions. I think other men are responsible for their own crimes.”

<snip>

<snip>

Link

Edited by Ladybird

Dean Adam Smithee

It's worth noting that this is Duncan Hunter Jr. *NOT* the father.

I had the greatest respect for Duncan Sr. back in the day. The son? Eh, not so much. Some of the same style but none of the same substance.

Natural Selection

Fox News Draws Fire for Headline Referring to Duncan Hunter’s Dem Challenger as ‘Grandson of Terrorist’

Ammar Campa-Najjar considers Israel to be an occupied territory. That is the mindset of a terrorist sympathizer. The headline is accurate.

Edited by Natural Selection

RedSoloCup

Mediaite. "Fake News" extraordinaires.

Slamming Fox News is sooooooo 2009. :thumbsdown:

Edited by RedSoloCup

Ladybird

Ammar Campa-Najjar considers Israel to be an occupied territory. That is the mindset of a terrorist sympathizer. The headline is accurate.

This article is behind a subscription wall.

The headline is inflammatory.

I had the greatest respect for Duncan Sr. back in the day. The son? Eh, not so much. Some of the same style but none of the same substance.

I wasn't a fan Hunter Sr, but I believe he had enough integrity to at least own up to his own mistakes.

Wag-a-Muffin (D)

What is this? People being responsible for their parents or grandparents???

I just commented on Conor Daly losing a sponsorship over father's slur. This seems to be idiocy in the same vein.

Natural Selection

Try this

I originally got to the article via a search engine (Bing). Somehow that bypassed the subscription wall. If the link above doesn't work you can search Bing for the article title "I’m a Hispanic-Arab American, and Trump’s election doesn’t shake my belief in America".

Most headlines have a bias or are designed to infer a certain perspective.

Natural Selection

I just commented on Conor Daly losing a sponsorship over father's slur. This seems to be idiocy in the same vein.

That's a great example of liberal cognitive dissonance. For liberals, people being responsible for their parents or grandparents all depends on the issue being discussed. Terrorism? The grandson is not responsible. A racial slur? The son is responsible. Slavery? All whites are responsible until the end of time.

MontyPython

THANKS for the clarification. I wasn't aware this wasn't the father.

B)

Ladybird

Try this

I originally got to the article via a search engine (Bing). Somehow that bypassed the subscription wall. If the link above doesn't work you can search Bing for the article title "Im a Hispanic-Arab American, and Trumps election doesnt shake my belief in America".

Most headlines have a bias or are designed to infer a certain perspective.

Thanks. I was only able to read it from IE.

I read the whole thing and didn't see where he claimed that Israel was occupied territory. He said that his father was from an occupied territory, but I don't believe he was an Israeli.

Edited by Ladybird

Ladybird

That's a great example of liberal cognitive dissonance.For liberals, people being responsible for their parents or grandparents all depends on the issue being discussed. Terrorism? The grandson is not responsible. A racial slur? The son is responsible. Slavery? All whites are responsible until the end of time.

Apparently it is for some Conservatives too, depending on the issue being discussed.

Natural Selection

I read the whole thing and didn't see where he claimed that Israel was occupied territory. He said that his father was from an occupied territory, but I don't believe he was an Israeli.

:scratch:

He was obviously referring to Israel as occupiers. That would include the State of Israel and the "Palestinian" territories as well.

No sympathy for the "Palestinians" here. They should have agreed to the United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine back in 1947 instead of attacking the Jews like uncivilized savages. They chose war over diplomacy and they lost. Don't roll the dice if you can't pay the price.

Apparently it is for some Conservatives too, depending on the issue being discussed.

For example?

Ladybird

:scratch:

He was obviously referring to Israel as occupiers. That would include the State of Israel and the "Palestinian" territories as well.

No sympathy for the "Palestinians" here. They should have agreed to the United Nations Partition Plan for Palestine back in 1947 instead of attacking the Jews like uncivilized savages. They chose war over diplomacy and they lost. Don't roll the dice if you can't pay the price.

For example?

You said that he claimed Israel was occupied territory. That is not what he said.

Fox News is linking him to the terrorist activities of his grandfather.

Buckwheat Jones

I wasn't a fan Hunter Sr, but I believe he had enough integrity to at least own up to his own mistakes.

I’ll care about this when you care about inflammatory headlines that portray conservatives in a negative light. Til then....

Yawn.

Censport

I liked Duncan Hunter Sr. as well. But Jr. is making yet another case against nepotism.

Howsithangin

We on the right have been dealing with hits like this for decades.

See how it feels?

AnnieGotHerGun

No one can help the sins of past generations in their family, or anyone else.

What I have read of Campa-Najjir, though, lets me know he will not be good for our country as anyone with any kind of power/authority.

I loved Hunter, Sr. Hunter, Jr. should have learned more from his dad.

Edited by AnnieGotHerGun

Ticked@TinselTown

Wait, so we aren't supposed to read headlines anymore?

Including the ones about how Trump is guilty of the actions of people he knows, formerly employed, shook hands with, was tagged in a picture with or ate in the same restaurant at one time during his life?

Gosh, that's such a gigantic twirl it was a big blur... :coolshades:

Ladybird

No one can help the sins of past generations in their family, or anyone else.

What I have read of Campa-Najjir, though, lets me know he will not be good for our country as anyone with any kind of power/authority.

I loved Hunter, Sr. Hunter, Jr. should have learned more from his dad.

I don't disagree that Campa-Najjir is a poor fit for this district (maybe he should move north), and I think he needs a bit more experience. His family background is pertinent, but a headline like this, with a picture of a terrorist next to his was unnecessary.

Edited by Ladybird

SARGE

Duncan Hunter is up 8 points in polls.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/403872-poll-gop-rep-duncan-hunter-leads-by-8-despite-charges-of-misusing-campaign

He won't have any problems in this district, outside of the law that is..

So you've already judged him guilty (he's is on the Right, must be guilty)?

Ladybird

So you've already judged him guilty (he's is on the Right, must be guilty)?

Did I say he was guilty? He's in a whole heap of trouble, or at least his wife is, since he so bravely threw her to the wolves.

SARGE

Did I say he was guilty? He's in a whole heap of trouble, or at least his wife is, since he so bravely threw her to the wolves.

After reading your link, I have to ask, did he 'throw her to the wolves' or did he point to the guilty party?

Since he is white, male, and a Republican I know your answer.

Ladybird

After reading your link, I have to ask, did he 'throw her to the wolves' or did he point to the guilty party?

Since he is white, male, and a Republican I know your answer.

I would expect a mature individual to be aware of his own finances and question why his family is living way above and beyond the household income.