To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Big Dave

Multiple people dead, including suspect, in mass shooting at Jacksonvi

Rate this topic

Noclevermoniker

Lately Muslim. But how many are actually religiously inspired instead of the motivation being the myriad of reasons to explain murder and mass murder of non Muslims? His name was Abdul, check box A, if it's Abner, check box B.

Uh, no. They have only this: Convert, Tax, or Kill non-believers. It's all in their book.

Ladybird

Uh, no. They have only this: Convert, Tax, or Kill non-believers. It's all in their book.

So someone raised Muslim doesn’t kill over greed, jealousy, anger, hurt feelings, passion, etc? If it’s one of them, the only reason is religion.

MontyPython

So someone raised Muslim doesn’t kill over greed, jealousy, anger, hurt feelings, passion, etc? If it’s one of them, the only reason is religion.

Obviously I can't speak for Noclevermoniker. But my own response is that yes, all those things can be factors for Muslims just as much as anybody else. And then when you add religion into the mix, it demonstrates very clearly why being especially wary of Muslims makes perfect sense.

B)

oki

When someone clearly states their deeds are being done in the name of their beliefs I'd say it's a slam dunk.

When someone does something and there is nothing they stated before or after their acts, no associates, no social media, then it's safe to say there actions had zero to do with any religious beliefs. That's the difference.

Oki

grimreefer

I hate this trend of referring to everyone who disagrees with a point of view as "tards".

If Katz name was Abdul, how many would be blaming, what they assume is his religion, for his actions?

I give up. How many?

Seriously. I'd think it was a strong possibility, at least until/unless evidence said different since the trend seems to be muslims and/or incels with these type of events. Fool me once...

Now, how many people do you think ARE going to blame the NRA for his actions?

grimreefer

I got an alert right away. This will be a story the media pushes with the anti gun rhetoric and video game culture thrown in.

When the real culprit is most likely anti depressant drugs involved yet again.

Well whaddaya know... he was prescribed anti-psychotic and anti-depressant medications.

Jacksonville Shooter Purchased Guns Legally In MD Despite Strict Gun Laws

The Daily Caller

7:51 PM 08/27/2018

Mike Brest | Contributor

excerpt:

The perpetrator of the shooting at a Jacksonville video game tournament that left two people dead legally purchased his firearms in the state of Maryland, despite their strict gun laws.

Jacksonville Sheriff Mike Williams said that the shooter recently purchased two handguns used in the shooting from a licensed dealer in the Baltimore area at a news conference Monday afternoon.

According to the Giffords Law Center, “Maryland prohibits any person from purchasing more than one handgun or assault weapon within a 30-day period.”

So, with the knowledge that the shooter purchased the guns legally, it would seem like he purchased one gun, waited a month and then purchased the other.

Further, Court records obtained by the Associated Press show that the shooter was previously hospitalized in psychiatric facilities on two occasions and was prescribed anti-psychotic and anti-depression medication.

*snip*

LINK

<edited out AP headline/link>

Edited by grimreefer

E Van der Vliet

Well whaddaya know... he was prescribed anti-psychotic and anti-depressant medications.

<edited out AP headline/link>

I do believe in all of these type of cases, anti depressant are involved.

Why the media has not glommed onto big pharma is beyond me. Seems they would like that boogie man.

Gertie Keddle

Why the media has not glommed onto big pharma is beyond me. Seems they would like that boogie man.

That would depend upon where Big Pharma's campaign donations are going.

treacher_on_journalism_10-11-17-1-800x461.jpg

grimreefer

Agreed on the meds.

If they went after big pharma it'd take the focus off of trying to disarm America... and it would hurt their love affair with the psychological pseudo-sciences.

grimreefer

With his history, I don't see how he bought any guns legally... especially in an anti-2nd Amendment state like Maryland. If the article is correct, it looks as if the Baltimore dealer that sold him the guns deserves some scrutiny. If his mental issues didn't show up in a background check then there's another avenue requiring some investigation as to why. Regardless, even if he had a carry license/permit in Maryland there is no reciprocity with Florida so he was carrying illegally anyway.

MontyPython

treacher_on_journalism_10-11-17-1-800x461.jpg

Perfectly put.

:yes:

E Van der Vliet

With his history, I don't see how he bought any guns legally... especially in an anti-2nd Amendment state like Maryland. If the article is correct, it looks as if the Baltimore dealer that sold him the guns deserves some scrutiny. If his mental issues didn't show up in a background check then there's another avenue requiring some investigation as to why. Regardless, even if he had a carry license/permit in Maryland there is no reciprocity with Florida so he was carrying illegally anyway.

Otice how quick the media was to say the guns were bought legally? They don’t want to dig deeper. They don’t want to point out that he was carrying illegally.

It’s all about the narrative.

Ladybird

Were you referring to this article?

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-jacksonville-david-katz-08272018-story.html

His psychiatric problems were significant and long documented. I don't see why he was able to purchase them either.

I don't believe the meds caused his problems. He was on them for a reason. Did they make it worse?

This should be studied.

Edited by Ladybird

Moderator T

I never understood this argument. Do we blame insulin when someone has a diabetic reaction? Of course not. So why blame the meds taken by the already crazy person when they do something crazy?

MTP Reggie
... why blame the meds taken by the already crazy person when they do something crazy?

Easy out?

E Van der Vliet

I never understood this argument. Do we blame insulin when someone has a diabetic reaction? Of course not. So why blame the meds taken by the already crazy person when they do something crazy?

Have you ever been on some of these meds?

There is a known link to suicide and psychotic behavior.

This over prescribing of anti depressants, I think, is part of the problem.

SARGE

Insulin is not dispensed to alter or modify behavior.

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Because it's been a long a proven fact that these drugs do change/alter the brain's chemistry just as much or more than illicit drugs like meth or cocaine.

They remove the ability for self control and cause violent behavior.

But thanks to big pharma money with their hired legal goons intimidating/silencing those who are revealing the truth as big pharma are paying off the FDA so that they can keep on selling their dangerous crap and they get even richer.

Edited by Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Moderator T

Have you ever been on some of these meds?

There is a known link to suicide and psychotic behavior.

This over prescribing of anti depressants, I think, is part of the problem.

I have not. I do however have severely mentally ill family members who take high doses of many of these meds as well as deal professionally with people on and off their meds. They do wonders in making these people more functional in society.

The issue here is correlation vs causation. Yes, there are links between people taking antidepressants and suicide. There are also links between depression (and other mental illness) and suicide. That's correlation, not causation. For causation you need to reliably prove that it is the effects of the medication that caused the suicide not not the underlying depression. I don't even know how you'd be able to prove that since depression is probably the most common cause of suicide.

Moderator T

Insulin is not dispensed to alter or modify behavior.

Neither are mental health meds. They're prescribed to compensate for imbalances in brain chemistry. These imbalances can be seen on MRIs or other diagnostics.

SARGE

Neither are mental health meds. They're prescribed to compensate for imbalances in brain chemistry. These imbalances can be seen on MRIs or other diagnostics.

Yes, which alters and modifies behavior.

Severian

There have been innumerable reports from people on these meds, including a few I know, who have reported that they never had suicidal thought/ideation until they were on anti-depressants, and they went away when they discontinued them. These meds are the equivalent of adjusting a Swiss watch with a hammer, there are large numbers of people who have unexpected reactions. A lot of people can drink alcohol with no truly bad effects, then there are the "mean" drunks, get a few drinks in them and they get aggressive and dangerously violent. Surely you've seen this? The meds are poorly understood and handed out by even GPs like M&Ms on Halloween.

oki

I have not. I do however have severely mentally ill family members who take high doses of many of these meds as well as deal professionally with people on and off their meds. They do wonders in making these people more functional in society.

The issue here is correlation vs causation. Yes, there are links between people taking antidepressants and suicide. There are also links between depression (and other mental illness) and suicide. That's correlation, not causation. For causation you need to reliably prove that it is the effects of the medication that caused the suicide not not the underlying depression. I don't even know how you'd be able to prove that since depression is probably the most common cause of suicide.

Well, we didn't have a problem with School, Mass, or Workplace shootings prior to the mass closure of Mental Hospitals and over prescription of Psychotropic Drugs. Two things in play here....

#1 Guns where in fact easier to obtain and #2 the belief was that mental illness was just as prevalent but untreated by in large.

#1 is definitely true, if #2 is in fact true then we should have had MORE of these issues. That means that either the meds are causing people to flip out or we need to go back to locking people up who are a danger to themselves or others and not just doping them.

Also, there is a nice dirty little secret in the fact that a number of schools get extra $ $ $ because kids who are on this stuff are viewed as special needs so it means extra money.

Oki