Gertie Keddle

Men, Tell Us About Your High School Experience

Rate this topic

Gertie Keddle

SEPT. 21, 2018

NY Times

Excerpt:

Christine Blasey Ford's claim that she was assaulted by Brett Kavanaugh, the Supreme Court nominee, when they were both in high school 36 years ago has sparked a national debate about teenage sexual behavior – and whether it has changed.

We want to hear from men about their high school experiences. A Times editor may contact you with follow-up questions. No information you provide will be published without your permission.

Did you ever, as a teenager or younger man, behave toward women in ways you may now regret? If so, how? And how has that experience stayed with you over the years? *

How old were you when you had this experience? *

Have standards of what constitutes unacceptable behavior changed since then? Have you? *

Questionaire here

Edited by Gertie Keddle

Engineer Bill

ROTFLMAO

E Van der Vliet

Why is this so hard for them?

Severian

One of the eternal regrets of my career was by the time I got to be a manager bending your secretary over the desk was no longer tolerated. I wuz cheated I tells ya, robbed I say! And here I never even thought about going into politics as a Democrat!

Dean Adam Smithee

Did you ever, as a teenager or younger man, behave toward women in ways you may now regret? If so, how? And how has that experience stayed with you over the years? *

How old were you when you had this experience? *

It was 9th or 10th grade. On the Tennis team. Just after a winning match. I'm headed to the showers. Girl I'd know since 4th or 5th Grade - Darci H--- - asks, "Can i come in too? . I'm admittedly a geek, I was completely flummoxed by being "propositioned", I sometimes don't get the "social cues". I said "No".

YES, I definitely regret behaving that way.

E Van der Vliet

One of the eternal regrets of my career was by the time I got to be a manager bending your secretary over the desk was no longer tolerated. I wuz cheated I tells ya, robbed I say! And here I never even thought about going into politics as a Democrat!

My younger years were fantastic. I’ll leave it at that. ;)

Censport

I now regret asking out all of them - except for one.

E Van der Vliet

I now regret asking out all of them - except for one.

All the girls I asked out, I never had sex with them on the first date. All the girls I had sex with on the first date, I never asked out. Hmmmmm

Buckwheat Jones

I remember when I was in first grade I was climbing the ladder on a playground slide. I looked up. There was a female ahead of me. And I saw up under her dress.

I am a horrible, horrible human being.

Wag-a-Muffin (D)

I remember when I was in first grade I was climbing the ladder on a playground slide. I looked up. There was a female ahead of me. And I saw up under her dress.

I am a horrible, horrible human being.

And you will never be a supreme court justice.

MontyPython

So I'm ballin' this babe and I sez "Hey, uh, Sally, uh, Sue, uh, Sarah, uh, what's your name again...? Anyhow, whatever it is, move your head wouldja? I'm tryin' to watch the football game. Oh geez, now you're all pissed off and cryin'? Gonna stomp outta the room? Good, while you're out there, grab me a beer wouldja?"

:coolshades:

Hieronymous

Too busy drinking beer and smoking cigars in high school. Women of course could hang out with us if they drank beer, smoked cigars and liked to spend most of the summer at Tiger Stadium. Not many takers for some reason...

I should run for office. If asked whether I had sexually assaulted anyone in my youth I could say, "Not a chance. I was having too much fun being a loser." And it would be the truth.

Coach

I was in the locker room and late for basketball practice one day wearing a jock strap and putting on my basketball trunks when the door opened and one of my female classmates was there. Her hand went over her mouth as she said "oh no", She quickly retreated and it was never mentioned again.

I'll never forget the first time a girl crawled astraddle of my thigh when we were kissing. Up till then it had been pretty tame but the more she squirmed the more thankful I became that I had bulging thighs by virtue of being a three sport athlete.

Girls always set the rules and tempo in my younger days. Some of the girls spoke of guys who were aggressive but it certainly was not encouraged by the girls.

Most of my buddies were beer drinkers but we never opened a beer till we took the girls home. Depending on the girls that was sometimes pretty early. I'll never forget how surprised I was when girls who would not drink a beer in high school were guzzlers by Thanksgiving break of their Freshman year in college.

In my later teens when things started getting more serious with special girls we both were always very tentative. I remember vividly telling a couple of girls I respected them too much to take advantage of them, that's how stupid I was. I don't regret it.

Noclevermoniker

I attended High School, and graduated. That's as much "experience" as I'm willing to assert.

Dean Adam Smithee

Too busy drinking beer and smoking cigars in high school. Women of course could hang out with us if they drank beer, smoked cigars and liked to spend most of the summer at Tiger Stadium. Not many takers for some reason...

I should run for office. If asked whether I had sexually assaulted anyone in my youth I could say, "Not a chance. I was having too much fun being a loser." And it would be the truth.

Well, there's your problem, Tiger Stadium. Go a bit west to Ann Arbor, where college girls run nekkid in the streets on at least one day a year. (Well until at least the late '90/early '00s when there got to be more gawkers with videocams than participants.)

Somebody running nekkid near Tiger Stadium? Probably because they got mugged and someone stole their clothes. (Sucks that I can remember being a kid in Toledo in the '60s, when going up to Tiger Stadium was a real treat.) Uncle lived in Toledo but worked at the Detroit Edison Plant in Monroe MI AND a big-wig with an Electrical Union - NOT IBEW but the other one, that's more about maintenance than construction, their name escapes me at the moment. We never lacked for tickets to whatever (But how many times can you watch ice-capades"?)

gravelrash

I didn't "have fun being a loser" but I can relate.

Dean Adam Smithee

In my later teens when things started getting more serious with special girls we both were always very tentative. I remember vividly telling a couple of girls I respected them too much to take advantage of them, that's how stupid I was. I don't regret it.

You're a better man than me, Coach.

The ONE time I was propositioned in HS? Headed to the showers after a tennis match. Darci H--- (whom I'd known since like 3rd or 4th grade) was there at the door to the locker room. "Can I come in too"?

{Cue sound of a needle scratching across an LP} "Say what???"

I flubbered something in response. Totally unprepared. And totally embarrassed. I *am* a geek after all, and even was back then. (Yes, I WAS a strip-club manager in the '80s but that's precisely WHY I was a good manager.)(These days it would be more like, "Yeah, nice tits, but our Oracle Analytics say the when you're on stage the club revenue isn't all that it could be.)

I'm either WAY too old for this, or WAY too much of a "geek".

oracle-p.png

DJGoody

So I'm ballin' this babe and I sez "Hey, uh, Sally, uh, Sue, uh, Sarah, uh, what's your name again...? Anyhow, whatever it is, move your head wouldja? I'm tryin' to watch the football game. Oh geez, now you're all pissed off and cryin'? Gonna stomp outta the room? Good, while you're out there, grab me a beer wouldja?"

I guess asking for chips would have been too much!

oki

Oki

MontyPython

I guess asking for chips would have been too much!

Well I try to be sensitive and thoughtful...

;)

oki

Well I try to be sensitive and thoughtful...

;)

And I bet there have never been woman who told men to lay flatter, move their feet etc, because their soaps are on and they need to see the TV....

Oki

MontyPython

And I bet there have never been woman who told men to lay flatter, move their feet etc, because their soaps are on and they need to see the TV....

Oki

LOL

Meh, my girlfriend tells me you can miss a whole year of a soap opera and when you start watching again you haven't missed a thing. It's same people pulling the same crap, telling the same lies, having the same affairs, etc.

Even the greatest lover in the world doesn't require a whole year to finish sex...

;)

oki

LOL

Meh, my girlfriend tells me you can miss a whole year of a soap opera and when you start watching again you haven't missed a thing. It's same people pulling the same crap, telling the same lies, having the same affairs, etc.

Even the greatest lover in the world doesn't require a whole year to finish sex...

;)

Well, maybe not a whole year, but there is something to be said for takin' your time.

Plus, know days there is no excuse anyways as you can always record it, hit rewind or watch in on line later.

I mean seriously... what's more important? To see your team score, or FOR YOU to score.

Coarse I guess when both can happen simultaneously it truly is the meaning of a perfect life.... but I digress.

Oki

Severian

LOL

;)

364 days of begging, followed by "Oh all right, for cripe's sake, just get it over with."

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

And make me a sammich! :lol: