To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Gertie Keddle

Men, Tell Us About Your High School Experience

Rate this topic

MontyPython

Well, maybe not a whole year, but there is something to be said for takin' your time.

Plus, know days there is no excuse anyways as you can always record it, hit rewind or watch in on line later.

I mean seriously... what's more important? To see your team score, or FOR YOU to score.

Coarse I guess when both can happen simultaneously it truly is the meaning of a perfect life.... but I digress.

Oki

Well it's a moot point anyway, LOL. I hope you realize I was being deliberately facetious in post #11. I've never really had a conversation like that. In fact, I was paraphrasing a comedy routine I once heard by Andrew Dice Clay.

:whistling:

364 days of begging, followed by "Oh all right, for cripe's sake, just get it over with."

Al Bundy! Is that you?

And make me a sammich! :lol:

And chips!

;)

Liz

Well it's a moot point anyway, LOL. I hope you realize I was being deliberately facetious in post #11. I've never really had a conversation like that. In fact, I was paraphrasing a comedy routine I once heard by Andrew Dice Clay.

;)

Oh that explains why it was so classy. :P

MontyPython

Well as I said, I always try to be sensitive and thoughtful...How can ya go wrong with a role model like the Dice man?

:D

oki

Al Bundy! Is that you?

And chips!

;)

Neither have I my friend. The only reason a TV should be on is to drown things out a bit, not for any entertainment value, that should be coming from somewhere else. The only distractions should be more booze, whip cream, syrup or maybe cherries and berries...

Oki

Dean Adam Smithee

I thought I'd heard something like that, but couldn't quite place it. No harm, No foul (And nobody gets it when I quote Andrew Dice Clay either)

"People are taking the act too seriously. The Diceman character is a macho moron. It's juvenile comedy. I just like to make people laugh."

-Andrew Dice Clay

It goes to what I posted on the Cosby thread. Cosby was never the 'saint' that he portrayed. Clay was never the 'sinner' that he portrayed. It's all part of the schtick; it's play-acting.

But, now that you've got me going on Andrew Dice Clay...

... in my best Andrew Dice Clay voice...

"Hillary and Bill

Went up Capitol Hill

Each with a buck and a quarter

Hillary came down with two-fifty million."

MontyPython

"Hillary and Bill

Went up Capitol Hill

Each with a buck and a quarter

Hillary came down with two-fifty million."

LOL! Now there's one I'd never heard before.

:2up:

Severian

Al Bundy! Is that you?

I actually sold shoes for about 9 months in college. I fully understand and appreciate why Al Bundy was always suicidal.

MontyPython

I actually sold shoes for about 9 months in college. I fully understand and appreciate why Al Bundy was always suicidal.

LOL

Lookin' up all those skirts...

JerryL

Al Bundy! Is that you?

And chips!

;)

"So what? Now I have to build you an igloo, honey?"

"I just wanted to be held."

"Well you got the bonus plan, honey!"

MontyPython

"So what? Now I have to build you an igloo, honey?"

"I just wanted to be held."

"Well you got the bonus plan, honey!"

"Hey, what's in the bowl, b*tch?"

oki

One of my favorite TV shows of all time. Never one single episode that didn't have me busting a gut.

Enjoy

Oki

MontyPython

One of my favorite TV shows of all time. Never one single episode that didn't have me busting a gut.

Enjoy

Oki

Aw, it didn't include my all-time favorite from that show:

Marcy: "Al Bundy! Why would you leave your door unlocked in this day & age? Don't you realize a crazed killer could just walk right in and murder you and your whole family with an axe??"

Al (sarcastically): "Yeah right. Like I ever get what I want."

LOL. I loved that show too. But just like most sitcoms, the first couple years were the best, and it gradually went downhill from there. By the final season it was barely watchable.

B)

zurg

Just out of interest, did your husband agree with Monty THIS time too? :whistling:

Liz

Just out of interest, did your husband agree with Monty THIS time too? :whistling:

After 26 years together, I'd have to say no but even if he did, he's not stupid so he'd never admit it.

scotsman

I remember when I was in first grade I was climbing the ladder on a playground slide. I looked up. There was a female ahead of me. And I saw up under her dress.

I am a horrible, horrible human being.

Lightweight.

Age 6, I pulled up the skirt of cutie Mary Millar, to see what her panties looked like. Got caught, and got a telling off and 100 lines. And apologised to Mary, whom ironically became and still is a good friend lol.

I was 17 before I pulled up another skirt. :D (with permission, and no it wasn't hers, never did get to see her panties again*......)

*pity, she turned out to be a right cutie. Still is.

Edited by scotsman

Hieronymous

Well, there's your problem, Tiger Stadium. Go a bit west to Ann Arbor, where college girls run nekkid in the streets on at least one day a year. (Well until at least the late '90/early '00s when there got to be more gawkers with videocams than participants.)

Somebody running nekkid near Tiger Stadium? Probably because they got mugged and someone stole their clothes. (Sucks that I can remember being a kid in Toledo in the '60s, when going up to Tiger Stadium was a real treat.) Uncle lived in Toledo but worked at the Detroit Edison Plant in Monroe MI AND a big-wig with an Electrical Union - NOT IBEW but the other one, that's more about maintenance than construction, their name escapes me at the moment. We never lacked for tickets to whatever (But how many times can you watch ice-capades"?)

Except we never looked upon hanging out at Tiger Stadium as a problem. UofM is however a seriously underrated party school.

oki

Aw, it didn't include my all-time favorite from that show:

Marcy: "Al Bundy! Why would you leave your door unlocked in this day & age? Don't you realize a crazed killer could just walk right in and murder you and your whole family with an axe??"

Al (sarcastically): "Yeah right. Like I ever get what I want."

LOL. I loved that show too. But just like most sitcoms, the first couple years were the best, and it gradually went downhill from there. By the final season it was barely watchable.

B)

Yeah, when you change writers or restrict them things always go down hill.

To be honest I think part of the shows charm was then as know so many people can relate to poor Al in particular.

Oki

Severian

Yeah, Al Bundy represented the Everyman, struggling on like Sisyphus climbing ever upward pushing that rock, only to have it roll over him and back down to the bottom of the hill again.

I remember them cutting a line out of one episode when they reran it. It was the Xmas episode where he had no money for gifts because the new mall had taken all his business. Santa was parachuting into the mall parking lot with a bag of gift certificates for the mall, when his chute failed and he bounced into the Bundy's back yard. After they took his body away, the bag of gift certificates fall off the roof. Al said "We're going to have Christmas after all. And we owe it all to that jolly old flat man!" They cut the flat man part for some insane reason.

oki

Yeah, Al Bundy represented the Everyman, struggling on like Sisyphus climbing ever upward pushing that rock, only to have it roll over him and back down to the bottom of the hill again.

I remember them cutting a line out of one episode when they reran it. It was the Xmas episode where he had no money for gifts because the new mall had taken all his business. Santa was parachuting into the mall parking lot with a bag of gift certificates for the mall, when his chute failed and he bounced into the Bundy's back yard. After they took his body away, the bag of gift certificates fall off the roof. Al said "We're going to have Christmas after all. And we owe it all to that jolly old flat man!" They cut the flat man part for some insane reason.

Oki

Dean Adam Smithee

Except we never looked upon hanging out at Tiger Stadium as a problem. UofM is however a seriously underrated party school.

Tiger Stadium wasn't a problem when I kid in Toledo, either. These days, though? As an adult a couple of engineering projects for the now-defunct Ford plant in Wixom in late '90s and again early '00s. There is (or was) a Crowne Plaza just inside I-275 where Grand River hits 10-mile. On both projects, I practically lived out of there for months at a time. If there's not a suite named after me for that, there's surely at least a barstool with my name on it in the lounge.

Weekends (BEFORE barstool time, of course) I used to drive randomly around the city, not only seeing where I had been as a kid, but also looking at the general state of things knowing what Detroit HAD once been.

Man, it really sucks to see what Detroit has become.

Howsithangin

It was Holy Hell.

I looked like Malachi from "Children of the Corn", and hadn't yet accepted where I was sexually, though a few others apparently had, so when I wasn't being bullied or beaten for looking like Malachi, I was being mocked or snickered at for being a f**.

Fun times.

College thankfully removed me from all that. Did I misbehave there? Yup. Did I drink to excess there? Yup. Do I forget entire weekends? Yup. Do I regret it? Nope.

Further, I cannot think of a soul that I would have considered friend or acquaintance that didn't play touchy feely, or that didn't flash their bits and parts at the various keggers and dorm parties that were held. If those are the new thresholds, one has just condemned the entire student body of my undergraduate college.

Edited by Howsithangin

Howsithangin

My undergraduate alma mater, Southampton College (which later became Long Island Univ, Southampton Campus, and now is part of SUNY Stonybrook), made honorable mention in Playboy's Top Ten Party Schools despite a student body that didn't exceed 1,200 students. 19-yo drinking age, rich Hamptons/LI kids, nothing to do in the winter... it was a 1980s movie in the making. And I miss every waking moment, LOL. :biglaugh: On more than one occasion, I've been asked by friends & siblings to write a book :P

MontyPython

I looked like Malachi from "Children of the Corn", and hadn't yet accepted where I was sexually, though a few others apparently had, so when I wasn't being bullied or beaten for looking like Malachi, I was being mocked or snickered at for being a f**.

I've never seen "Children of the Corn", so I googled a picture of the guy. Looks like Carrot Top, LOL.

Ben Cranklin

It was 9th or 10th grade. On the Tennis team. Just after a winning match. I'm headed to the showers. Girl I'd know since 4th or 5th Grade - Darci H--- - asks, "Can i come in too? .

Leave it to that embodiment of prestige journalism, the NYTimes, to solicit submissions for a "Letters to Penthouse, High School Version"

Severian

Leave it to that embodiment of prestige journalism, the NYTimes, to solicit submissions for a "Letters to Penthouse, High School Version"

You beat me to it damn you! I was just about to post "Dear Penthouse Letters, As a high school senior, I never thought I'd have an experience worthy of writing to you, but..." :nanner: