To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Gertie Keddle

Students Demand Professor Be Fired After He Champions Due Process

Rate this topic

Gertie Keddle

Students Demand Professor Be Fired After He Champions Due Process, Says ‘Accusers Sometimes Lie’

By Toni Airaksinen October 1, 2018

PJ Media

Excerpt:

Nearly 100 students at the University of Southern California attended a rally at noon today demanding a tenured professor be fired after he sent a reply-all email last Thursday to the student body noting that “accusers sometimes lie.”

“If the day comes you are accused of some crime or tort of which you are not guilty, and you find your peers automatically believing your accuser, I expect you find yourself a stronger proponent of due process than you are now,” emailed Professor James Moore.

The email — in response to a reply-all email that urged students to “Believe Survivors” on the day of Christine Ford’s testimony — triggered what one school admin said was “hundreds” of emails from concerned students and alumni since Thursday.

USC students Audrey Mechling and Joelle Montier then organized a Facebook rally against the engineering professor, entitled “Times Up for James Moore.” Today at noon at the USC Argue Plaza, nearly 100 students yelled, “Times Up, No Moore!” dozens of times.

Roughly 7 students also spoke at a makeshift podium, sharing sharing stories of sexual abuse. The crowd then marched over to the office of Dean Jack Knott, according to multiple live-streams of the protest.

Met by security guards, the protesters demanded to see Dean Knott. It is unclear if they intended to occupy the building. After a roughly five-minute standoff, security guards allowed Dean Knott greet the protesters, but did not allow students in the building.

“What [Professor Moore] sent was extremely inappropriate, hurtful, insensitive. We are going to try to do everything we can to try to create a better school, to educate the faculty,” said Dean Knott to the crowd.

He then announced that USC would take action.

"This is going to be a multi-pronged effort. We are going to have a faculty meeting later this week around implicit bias, sensitivity towards [sexual assault]...." he said.

Article

RedSoloCup

:crybaby2:

Those poor brainwashed, triggered Snowflake idiots.

mjperry51

We are so screwed. . .

Severian

Welcome to the Cultural Revolution, American style.

DJGoody

We are so screwed. . .

YEP!

RedSoloCup

Only 100 students out of about 4500?

Little Brownshirts all need expelled.

Alexis

These people are certifiably insane. The more they give into them, the more outrageous their demands are. Why is the school even entertaining this nonsense?

NH Populist

"Nearly" 100 out of 4500, that's probably about the same ratio of voters buying into the Left's insidious attack against Judge Kavanaugh...

MontyPython

“What [Professor Moore] sent was extremely inappropriate, hurtful, insensitive. We are going to try to do everything we can to try to create a better school, to educate the faculty,” said Dean Knott to the crowd.

Incredible. Moore simply stated facts. Accusers do sometimes lie. There is supposed to be due process in this country, and presumed innocence until proven guilty.

If that's being "inappropriate, hurtful, insensitive", then we could use a lot more inappropriate/hurtful/insensitive people in the world.

B)

Severian

Hey, 10 is "nearly" a hundred, right?

gravelrash

This happened on a university campus. These 100 students are not "little Brownshirts". They're the Red Guard.

If they get their way, we are so screwed.

:victim:

Bookdoc

I do hope one of these snowflakes get accused by, say, an ex-girlfriend. I wonder how they'll feel then!

BerkeleyUnderground

This is USC, which until somewhat recently (maybe the last 10 or 20 years), I wouldn't have considered a hotbed for people upset with the prevailing social order.

But, if this is the dastardly post of Professor Moore:

"If the day comes you are accused of some crime or tort of which you are not guilty, and you find your peers automatically believing your accuser, I expect you find yourself a stronger proponent of due process than you are now," emailed Professor James Moore.

And if this is the Dean responding to this post:

"What [Professor Moore] sent was extremely inappropriate, hurtful, insensitive. We are going to try to do everything we can to try to create a better school, to educate the faculty," said Dean Knott to the crowd.

He then announced that USC would take action.

"This is going to be a multi-pronged effort. We are going to have a faculty meeting later this week around implicit bias, sensitivity towards [sexual assault]...." he said.

Then I can see that the people who I would think, like Professor Moore, who want to speak "truth to power" are in real trouble.

...kinda not what places of higher education are supposed to stand for, or so I thought.

Edited by BerkeleyUnderground

MTP Reggie
...tenured ...

You+Keep+Using+That+Word.jpg

Alexis

Here's the USC dean acceding to the demands of the protesters:

https://priceschool....e/jack-h-knott/

Do you mean he actually caved?! Then he should be prepared for when they eventually demand HIS firing!

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

:crybaby2:

Those poor brainwashed, triggered Snowflake idiots.

University of SOCAL.

I expected that this was Berkley before I even clicked on this thread?

These snowflakes need their stupid asses kicked up between their shoulders.

But this is the usual proggy libtarded way... always cater to the minority and common sense and the law be damned!

These people are certifiably insane. The more they give into them, the more outrageous their demands are. Why is the school even entertaining this nonsense?

Again, these are the very stupid sheeple that the proggies cater to and prefer above all else.

BerkeleyUnderground

Do you mean he actually caved?! Then he should be prepared for when they eventually demand HIS firing!

I was just going by what the Dean said about the email.

But, yeah, what was the Lenin quote, "that the capitalists will sell us the rope with which we'll hang them....".

...that it's only a matter of time before the appeasers and grovelers will also lose.

I do hope one of these snowflakes get accused by, say, an ex-girlfriend. I wonder how they'll feel then!

These crybaby snowflakes are too big of losers to even get any girlfriends.

Wag-a-Muffin (D)

Or a female snowflake gets accused by a spurned female ex roommate.

Bookdoc

A typical cowardly academic. They WOULD have demanded his firing had he not caved.

E Van der Vliet

Lemme guess? These are law students?

Howsithangin

The 4 former friends/acquaintances from FB that I unfriended and blocked this week all held a similar view: in cases such as this, the female accuser's word is gospel, not to be questioned, and there should not be due process for the male, because all males are wannabe rapists.

The arguments I've seen and participated in this week are the ugliest I've ever witnessed in the n years I've been on social media. I usually enjoy a good argument. Not this time. They sent my blood pressure skyrocketing. I was repulsed at these people and horrified that they had held these views, up to this date hidden from view. I've concluded that there are way too many rabid, misandrist, damaged liberal women out there. I am---again---very happy I don't hunt in those woods. I fear for any man who does.

One definitive silver lining however, is that it has shown many moderate to slightly-conservative women what constitutes this Third-Wave Feminism: Hatred in the trueist sense of the word. The shades have been pulled back and I do believe that many good, decent, sane women are equally repulsed and scared at what these harridans stand for, and have shifted right as a result. Despite what the press wants us to think, the feminazis and the democrat party did themselves no favors with their witch trial.

November should be interesting.