To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
grimreefer

#HimToo: Neil Patrick Harris Recalls Proposition From

Rate this topic

grimreefer
WATCH: #HimToo: Neil Patrick Harris Recalls Proposition From Whoopi Goldberg When He Was A Mid-Teen

The Daily Wire

Hank Berrien

October 12, 2018

excerpt:

Conversing on “The View” with host Whoopi Goldberg, actor Neil Patrick Harris, 45, recalled the charming time when he was a mid-teen and Goldberg, 17 years older, told him that in 10 years she would have sex with him.

Harris was talking about the children he and his husband were raising when Goldberg laughed, prompting Harris to ask, “What are you laughing about?”

Goldberg, 62, responded, “I’m laughing because I remember you at that age.”

As the crowd oohed and aahed at the reference, Harris told his story: “You know, I did my first movie ever with Whoopi Goldberg. A movie called ‘Clara’s Heart.’ She told me, I was what, 15, 16 years old, she told me on my last day of shooting that in 10 years’ time she was going to have sex with me.”

Goldberg quipped, “I might’ve!” That elicited laughter from the crowd.

*snip*

LINK

That might explain a lot. You've all heard of "Scared Straight" before, right? Well... :whistling:

:sailor:

Ben Cranklin

Pretty creepy thing for a grownup to say to a teen (imagine a man saying it to a girl), but since it’s Whoopi Goldberg “CUE LAUGHTER AND APPLAUSE”.

zurg

Unbelievable. Well, almost.

NH Populist

That's another thing about the #MeToo movement, the assumption that only men engage in sexual harassment. We ALL know that ain't so...LOL

Rock N' Roll Right Winger

Well, so now we know why he turned gay? :lol:

The threat of sex with Whoopi? :sick: :puke:

Enough to traumatize any young guy.

Censport

That might explain a lot. You've all heard of "Scared Straight" before, right? Well... :whistling:

:sailor:

Well, so now we know why he turned gay? :lol:

The threat of sex with Whoopi? :sick: :puke:

Enough to traumatize any young guy.

First thing I thought as well. The poor guy!

In all seriousness though, NH Populist is spot on about the "PoundMeToo" movement. I remember guys using the hashtag on FB and Twitter and being shouted down by raging feminists. Between that, the false allegations, and the Ashley Judd-style "somebody I didn't know/like complimented me and I feel harassed" BS, I just can't take the issue seriously.

Kilmerfan

Yeeech!

Kilmerfan

Neil had to pretend Whoopi was Patrick Swayze. Neil had a Patrick Swayze Christmas!

Ticked@TinselTown

So, it's OK for a woman to make sexual suggestive and age inappropriate comments and innuendo to an minor as long as she's in the entertainment industry and can say she was merely joking, when BOTH parties acknowledge that she did it?

Yet let a woman make an unfounded accusation that everyone she claims was involved or aware of the incident categorically DENY it and the nation becomes a mass of rabid morons who jettison due process in lieu of letting liars ruin the lives of people they are politically opposed to.

Somebody better call someone at the PoundMorons movement and let them know someone just gutted their sham agenda.

zurg

So, it's OK for a woman to make sexual suggestive and age inappropriate comments and innuendo to an minor as long as she's in the entertainment industry and can say she was merely joking, when BOTH parties acknowledge that she did it?

Yet let a woman make an unfounded accusation that everyone she claims was involved or aware of the incident categorically DENY it and the nation becomes a mass of rabid morons who jettison due process in lieu of letting liars ruin the lives of people they are politically opposed to.

Somebody better call someone at the PoundMorons movement and let them know someone just gutted their sham agenda.

Because all that matters is #IWon

Severian

Meh...it wasn't assault assault. Derpity do derp.

Magic Rat

So what? He doesn't seem to feel all that victimized.

NH Populist

So what? He doesn't seem to feel all that victimized.

You're kidding, right?! A naked Whoopie is what nightmares are made of, put that in front of me and I'll break the world record for the 100 yard dash goin' the other way!! :surrender: :coolshades:

Hieronymous

He still managed to be great in Harold and Kumar go to White Castle

grimreefer

He still managed to be great in Harold and Kumar go to White Castle

:yes: Also great in 'How I Met Your Mother'.

Diamond369

Well dang, Whoopi.

Magic Rat

You're kidding, right?! A naked Whoopie is what nightmares are made of, put that in front of me and I'll break the world record for the 100 yard dash goin' the other way!! :surrender: :coolshades:

Harris' current attractions don't get my engine running either. I'm saying he doesn't seem to be acting too victimized and it looks pretty silly when others decide to to that job for him.

Shaky McSelfie

Harris' current attractions don't get my engine running either. I'm saying he doesn't seem to be acting too victimized and it looks pretty silly when others decide to to that job for him.

That is because he is conversing with a fellow leftist. If she had been a conservative, he would have been quivering lips about his horrid experience that scarred him for life.

So in short, it is the hypocrite thingy.

Ladybird

For a child actor, this was probably the least provocative or "traumatizing" thing anyone said to him.

That is because he is conversing with a fellow leftist. If she had been a conservative, he would have been quivering lips about his horrid experience that scarred him for life.

Because leftists haven't been accused by other leftists?

NH Populist

You seem to be conveniently missing the point, a 32 year old woman is talking sex to a 15 year old boy. I'm trying to figure out how that's funny or acceptable, what's his attitude 30 years later go to do with anything?

Hieronymous

:yes: Also great in 'How I Met Your Mother'.

And Starship Troopers: "I can't do human...yet."

Magic Rat

You seem to be conveniently missing the point, a 32 year old woman is talking sex to a 15 year old boy. I'm trying to figure out how that's funny or acceptable, what's his attitude 30 years later go to do with anything?

He's not a victim if he doesn't believe he is. He's certainly old enough now to make that decision.

I don't like to express phony outrage enough to pretend to be offended for him. I'll let others mind his business for me.

Edited by Magic Rat

Magic Rat

Maybe so. I don't really know that. I have literally never seen this kid in anything but the Heineken beer ad, but he seems like a nice, harmless guy. And pretty well adjusted, considering he went through the nightmare that is child fame.

I'm sure he's a lefty but he didn't seem to be using the incident for attention whoring or to make obnoxious political points. He treated it lightly because he obviously considers it that way.

oki

Guess he didn't wanna' make Whoopi with Whoopi...

Let's see says she was 32 at the time... so that would have been about the time she was playing a character on Star Trek Next Gen...

Gyanan, was the name of the Character(I think). Guess he didn't wanna' give a a Gyno to Gynan.

Let the puns begin....

Either way, Goldberg doesn't exactly have a stellar record when it comes to this kind of thing.

Oki

Vandervecken

oh God thanks so much for the mental pictures.