To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
grimreefer

#IAmSexist

Rate this topic

grimreefer
#IAmSexist

It’s time that we men take responsibility for our role in the problem of violence against women.

NYTimes

By George Yancy

Oct. 24, 2018

Mr. Yancy is a professor of philosophy at Emory University.

excerpt:

Men, listen up.

In light of a year of disturbing revelations from the #MeToo movement and from last month’s profoundly troubling Brett Kavanaugh hearings and his eventual confirmation to the Supreme Court, it is time that we, men, act.

Certainly, some of us men have spoken out on behalf of women. But many more of us have remained silent. Some have kept silent out of fear of being judged, fear of criticism or censure, others out of genuine respect. In fact, silence has become the default stance of many men who consider themselves “allies” of women. But given all that has transpired, staying out of it is no longer enough.

I’ve decided not to cut corners. So, join me, with due diligence and civic duty, and publicly claim: I am sexist!

In fact, perhaps it is time that we lay claim to a movement — #IamSexist. Think about its national and international implications as we take responsibility for our sexism, our misogyny, our patriarchy.

*snip*

LINK

:sheep:

This moron REALLY wants to crawl back up in the womb. :nuts:

E Van der Vliet

This a parody, right?

NH Populist

Let's all just get castrated and be done with it... :rolleyes:

MontyPython

#IAmNormal

That means I respect women, but I don't pretend they're "perfect" or "better" than me or "always" to be believed, etc. And I don't delude myself about the fundamental differences between men & women, including both physical and emotional differences.

B)

WarDog
Yet I, too, participated in acts of soul murder. As early as elementary school, the young boys would play this “game” of pushing one another into girls. The idea was to get your friend to push you into a girl that you found attractive in order to grind up against her. I was guilty: “Hurry up! Push me into her.” He pushed, and the physical grind was obvious. She would turn around, disgusted, and yell, “Stop!” Youthful? Yes. Was it sexist and wrong? Yes. This was our youthful collective education; this is what it meant for us to gain “masculine credibility” at the expense of girls.
What the hell kind of elementary school did he go to? When I was in Elementary, grades 1-4, grinding on a girl wasn't even something that crossed my mind or anyone else for that matter. Most kids were like , don't touch her you'll get girl cooties lol Edited by WarDog

zurg

Every day I find that there are way more f’d up people (like this author) around than I would have thought.

Howsithangin

Sad that I only have two middle fingers

USNRETWIFE

Sad that I only have two middle fingers

:yeahthat: