To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
Gertie Keddle

Owner closes Brooklyn cafe after white supremacy accusations

Rate this topic

Joe the Pagan

I object to being lumped in with "everyone." I have never agreed with spamming an establishment with false reviews. And as far as boycotts go, I wouldn't ever eat at the Red Hen, but I wouldn't physically stand in their driveway, blocking others the opportunity to dine there.

I believe many conservatives agree with me. If I don't like something on TV, I don't watch it. If I don't like an eateries policies, I don't patronize them. I don't try to get them taken off the air or run out of business. To me, that's a progressive's way of doing things.

That is the big difference between the left and the right. If someone on the right does not like something they do not patronize it. If someone on the left does not like something they want nobody to patronize it.

BootsieBets

He went on the record:

Gothamist spoke with Sands on Tuesday, hours after the rumor started attracting attention online. He said that he had occasionally spent time with the Proud Boys—a group of self-identified "western chauvinists" led by right-wing provocateur Gavin McInnes—but did not consider himself a member. In 2016, he accompanied the group on what he says was an "investigatory" trip to the Republican National Convention, where he attended Milo's party and told Vanity Fair he was a "contrarian."

Sands offered a similar description of his politics to Gothamist, noting that he is "very empathetic person" and "not afraid of ideas." He denied ever operating an alt-right Twitter account, and claimed to be a lifelong Democrat.

"I have no allegiance to any of those people," he said. "I've been a philosopher—I went to school for philosophy—and I'm really interested in ideas. I like to hear different opinions. I was very naive to think that I could hear other opinions that would not bring guilt by association."

Gawd you’re a bigot. It is alright for you to hate, I see. The trouble with this is I hate you, you hate me, someone else hates that guy over there. Pretty soon everybody hates each other. And that is why we end up in war – shooting, bombing and killing people we hate because we believe we are morally superior to “the other.” Well, you really are no better than the next_guy. You’re just another intolerant leftist.

Joe the Pagan

In all honesty, I have not researched this guy T_G. He could be a horrible human being and all of his buddies are just evil. But only watching these two videos, I don't see a single thing wrong with what he is saying.

It means you have watch both videos. Something I doubt That_NPC has done.

I found it laughable that their expert of men's group was was a women's study professor who wrote a book on gendertrolling.

Coach

When you pretend gender differences don't exist you are bound to fail and they are failing. The problem is the chaos they create by being so foolish.

JerryL

When it was the restaurant in Virginia that didn’t serve Sanders, everyone was fine with boycotts and online harrasment like flooding the place with bad reviews.

When someone on the Right doesn’t get seated at a table right away, they smear the restaurant with false accusations of discrimination and hint at anti-semitism.

http://www.rightnation.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=219727

People just came out of the blue to condemn the restaurant in VA because of the owner’s opinions? Really? Nothing happened AT the restaurant where the owners used their opinions against paying customers, or, at a minimum, allowed it to happen?

Can you point to something similar here?

BTW, I can vote with my patronage and have never supported imbecilic demonstrations and attacks and demonizations.

Ladybird

People just came out of the blue to condemn the restaurant in VA because of the owner’s opinions? Really? Nothing happened AT the restaurant where the owners used their opinions against paying customers, or, at a minimum, allowed it to happen?

Can you point to something similar here?

BTW, I can vote with my patronage and have never supported imbecilic demonstrations and attacks and demonizations.

In the case of Carmines nothing happened except two people being told they had to wait.

The Disney boycott comes to mind. Disney was boycotted for giving health benefits to its employees’ gay partners.

More recent? The threats and boycott of Chobani, the yogurt company for hiring refugees. It didn’t help that the owner is also an immigrant.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/chobani-founder-gets-threats-calls-boycott-employing-refugees-n676776

Edited by Ladybird

MontyPython

I'm a big Gavin McInnes fan. Have been for years. Those of you who've said you'd never heard of him, don't know anything about him, etc, I highly recommend you check him out! Read his articles, watch his videos. He's great.

I watched both of the videos T_G posted, and McInnes said only one single thing I'd disagree with (and it was really nothing more than deliberate hyperbole for comic effect anyway): He said something like "Fighting solves everything". Obviously that's not true (and McInnes knows that. Again, obvious hyperbole intended for comic effect.) But it would be equally untrue to suggest fighting "solves nothing". Fighting sure as hell solves some things.

Those of you who have refused to watch T_G's videos - Go ahead and watch them. They're fine. McInnes is a very intelligent, sensible man, even if he occasionally over-emphasizes a particular point for effect.

In fact, T_G posting those videos in an attempt to make McInnes look "bad" tells you everything you need to know about T_G.

B)

JerryL

In the case of Carmines nothing happened except two people being told they had to wait.

The Disney boycott comes to mind. Disney was boycotted for giving health benefits to its employees’ gay partners.

More recent? The threats and boycott of Chobani, the yogurt company for hiring refugees. It didn’t help that the owner is also an immigrant.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/chobani-founder-gets-threats-calls-boycott-employing-refugees-n676776

I don’t care about boycotts. That is voting with your patronage. You also free to let others know and encourage them to do the same.

What does that have to do with owners encouraging and inviting protests of customers? With following customers and haranguing them at a neighboring establishment? Of suing whenever leftists don’t get pandered to.

I hope that people who made threats against Chibani are investigated and charged if warranted.

Ladybird

I don’t care about boycotts. That is voting with your patronage. You also free to let others know and encourage them to do the same.

What does that have to do with owners encouraging and inviting protests of customers? With following customers and haranguing them at a neighboring establishment? Of suing whenever leftists don’t get pandered to.

I hope that people who made threats against Chibani are investigated and charged if warranted.

Breitbart and WND are the ones that smeared the owner with lies about his importing rapists and diseased workers into the country, and that the owner vowed to “choke the U.S. with Muslims, thus inviting the protests and death threats. These lies and bigotry came from the right.

That business about the Red Hen owner following and harassing Sanders guests has been greatly exaggerated. I haven’t read a first hand account that substantiates any of this happening.

That_Guy

I don't see a single thing wrong with what he is saying.

That's how he draws in people like Sands. But when he says more words...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G95qjjQaNho

and his boys show up ready to do what they do...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7-K4-ryBSE

it's easy to understand why my fellow Brooklynites want nothing to do with people who choose to associate with him.

Ticked@TinselTown

Breitbart and WND are the ones that smeared the owner with lies about his importing rapists and diseased workers into the country, and that the owner vowed to “choke the U.S. with Muslims, thus inviting the protests and death threats. These lies and bigotry came from the right.

That business about the Red Hen owner following and harassing Sanders guests has been greatly exaggerated. I haven’t read a first hand account that substantiates any of this happening.

:rolleyes: