To change color scheme, click on themes at bottom of page ×
RightNation.US
Sign in to follow this  
grimreefer

University of Pennsylvania Holding Event on the 'Racism'

Rate this topic

grimreefer
University of Pennsylvania Holding Event on the 'Racism' in the Roots of Thanksgiving

Townhall.com

Brianna Heldt

Nov 16, 2018

excerpt:

Thanksgiving is typically a time for American families to gather together around the table, enjoy a good meal, and reflect upon what they are thankful for.

But for college students at the University of Pennsylvania, the holiday is now also an opportunity to be lectured on America’s “anti-Indigenous racism.”

A graduate student identified as Jax Lastinger is hosting the controversial event at U Penn’s Stouffer College House on Saturday, one day prior to the building’s annual Thanksgiving meal.

According to Fox News, Stouffer College House is known to be one of the most popular housing communities on the UPenn campus. The facility reportedly houses 300 undergraduates, and 10 graduate assistants, or GA’s.

Lastinger’s talk will be titled “A Conversation on Racism – Considerations on Thanksgiving and ‘American’ Politics.”

“Thanksgiving is a holiday that is often framed as a time to be thankful for the bounty we have,” reads the event description. “However, the roots of this holiday lay in the strained history of the United States. In this conversation, we will explore the ways that Native Americans are erased from our culture in the context of Thanksgiving…navigating anti-Indigenous racism in the contemporary context.”

Lastinger, who reportedly goes by they/them pronouns, will lead the conversation. The GA “identifies as white and doesn’t position themselves as an expert on this topic,” but is “invested in anti-racism politics.”

*SNIP*

LINK

Yup, it's that time of the year again for the left to celebrate the only way they know how. Bringing people together and commemorating all our wonderful achievements you ask? Haha... nope. They once again poop all over American traditions, ideals and Americans themselves. Bravo again you virtue signaling, cancerous, miserable little festering tw@twaffles.

:coffeenpc:

Big Dave

Jax Lastinger

Graduate Associate

D-Section Stouffer-Stouff

Jax is a current M.S.Ed. student in Education, Culture and Society. Beyond their studies, Lucie enjoys textile art, biking, and their cat, Valentin (currently also a resident of Stouffer!). Beyond this, they are particularly passionate about queer and trans issues, as well as anti-abelism and anti-racism movements. Although they are originally from Morgantown, West Virginia, they've spent the last five years living in the frigid city of Montreal. They're excited to move to a warmer climate, and get to know the activist community in Philadelphia.

picture-4529-1529001117.png?itok=Wgd5h-G3

AKA Lucille Jax Lastinger

"They" probably aren't too comfortable going home for Thanksgiving...... :coffeenpc:

Gertie Keddle

The “they” thing makes me nuts. Actually the whole “I’m immune to the laws of grammar and get to dictate the language used to refer to me by people who will never even see me again “ makes me nuts.

Buckwheat Jones

F Squanto.

Kilmerfan

F Squanto.

How about the Indian in the cupboard?

Kilmerfan
Howsithangin

from the web: "Jax is a current M.S.Ed. student in Education, Culture and Society."

Another academic leech of the 'community organizer' role

Academia is certainly doing a great job of producing these types

RedSoloCup

Jax Lastinger

Graduate Associate

Jax is a current M.S.Ed. student in Education, Culture and Society. Beyond their studies, Lucie enjoys textile art, biking, and their cat, Valentin (currently also a resident of Stouffer!). Beyond this, they are particularly passionate about queer and trans issues, as well as anti-abelism and anti-racism movements. Although they are originally from Morgantown, West Virginia, they've spent the last five years living in the frigid city of Montreal. They're excited to move to a warmer climate, and get to know the activist community in Philadelphia.

"They" probably aren't too comfortable going home for Thanksgiving...... :coffeenpc:

Is that a male or female? :huh:

grimreefer

gallery_6133_220_11996.jpg

Edited by grimreefer

Natural Selection

I believe the native Americans were/are racists. THEY attacked the European settlers first. Take Jamestown, for example. One of the first permanent settlements in what is now the United States. About 100 settlers were there for less than two weeks when they were attacked by over 200 armed native Americans (source).

Progressives who have rewritten history claim the native Americans were fighting back because settlers were stealing their hunting grounds to grow tobacco and so forth. The Jamestown settlers weren't there long enough to steal anything, let alone start tobacco crops.

Native Americans were, and probably still are, racists.

USNRETWIFE

I believe the native Americans were/are racists. THEY attacked the European settlers first. Take Jamestown, for example. One of the first permanent settlements in what is now the United States. About 100 settlers were there for less than two weeks when they were attacked by over 200 armed native Americans (source).

Progressives who have rewritten history claim the native Americans were fighting back because settlers were stealing their hunting grounds to grow tobacco and so forth. The Jamestown settlers weren't there long enough to steal anything, let alone start tobacco crops.

Any one who has looked at the history of the tribes know they were not the benevolent peaceful natives the left tries to make them out to be. As for "their land", whose? Tribes pushed other tribes off land for many years before a white person ever set eyes on this continent. Did they do wrong against white? Yes, sometimes. Did whites do wrong against them? Yes, sometimes. It's in the past, where it should be left.

As for being racist, I live close to a rez and know first hand that they are just like any other culture. Some are very racist, not just against whites, but other races too. And some are very open and caring. Most are like everyone else, somewhere in the middle. And the ones I am friends with celebrate Thanksgiving just like my family does. Maybe they just haven't had a white whatever that thing is enlighten them yet?

Big Dave

Yes?

Natural Selection

Any one who has looked at the history of the tribes know they were not the benevolent peaceful natives the left tries to make them out to be. As for "their land", whose? Tribes pushed other tribes off land for many years before a white person ever set eyes on this continent. Did they do wrong against white? Yes, sometimes. Did whites do wrong against them? Yes, sometimes. It's in the past, where it should be left.

As for being racist, I live close to a rez and know first hand that they are just like any other culture. Some are very racist, not just against whites, but other races too. And some are very open and caring. Most are like everyone else, somewhere in the middle. And the ones I am friends with celebrate Thanksgiving just like my family does. Maybe they just haven't had a white whatever that thing is enlighten them yet?

Yes, there were wrongs committed by both sides, but one fact needs to be pointed out to history students...the Indians attacked first.

Let's not forget how the Indians were described in our Declaration of Independence:

"the merciless Indian Savages, whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions"

This opinion was not that of one man with a beef against the Indians. This was an official government document, approved and signed by 56 people.

History needs to be taught using the writings of those who were there at the time. Not with textbooks written a few years ago or Wikipedia which was likely edited last week.

Dean Adam Smithee

Yes, there were wrongs committed by both sides, but one fact needs to be pointed out to history students...the Indians attacked first.

Let's not forget how the Indians were described in our Declaration of Independence:

"the merciless Indian Savages, whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions"

This opinion was not that of one man with a beef against the Indians. This was an official government document, approved and signed by 56 people.

History needs to be taught using the writings of those who were there at the time. Not with textbooks written a few years ago or Wikipedia which was likely edited last week.

Worth noting: The Vikings preceded Columbus by several hundred years. They withdrew from 'colonizing' NA precisely because of the natives, or skraelings as they called them.

The Vikings - the friggin' Vikings for chrissakes - backed off, Yet I'm supposed to believe that the Pilgrims, Miles Standish and all, got all kum-ba-yah with those same peoples for the "First Thanksgiving".

Natural Selection

Worth noting: The Vikings preceded Columbus by several hundred years. They withdrew from 'colonizing' NA precisely because of the natives, or skraelings as they called them.

The Vikings - the friggin' Vikings for chrissakes - backed off, Yet I'm supposed to believe that the Pilgrims, Miles Standish and all, got all kum-ba-yah with those same peoples for the "First Thanksgiving".

Makes one realize how tough our first American settlers were. Not only were the Indians merciless racist savages, they were also not unlike devious muslim terrorists. You may be familiar with the Indian massacre of 1622. Basically, the Indians entered a colony in Virginia with food to sell. Once inside the colonist's homes they grabbed any weapon they could find and killed 347 men, women, and children.

The Indians are lucky we didn't kill them all after an attack like that.

tailgunner

Jax Lastinger

Graduate Associate

How to get a paycheck doing absolutely nothing.

zurg

That’s not the Jax we know.... :whistling:

MontyPython

That’s not the Jax we know.... :whistling:

And thank God for that!!

:yes:

Dean Adam Smithee

Jax Lastinger

Graduate Associate

Anti-Abelism?

People are still holding a grudge against Cain's brother some 4,000-ish years later? Man, that's a powerful feud that makes Hatfield v McCoy look like a church Ice-Cream Social.

EtA: from Morgantown WV? For Crissakes, I've BEEN through Morgantown; there's probably not a colored person within 100 miles. What the Jesus H F'ing Christ on Roller Skates does THIS twit know about racism??? Want to learn racism (to the extent that it still exists)? Spend a year in either Florence SC or Pocatello ID.

Edited by Dean Adam Smithee

SARGE

Makes one realize how tough our first American settlers were. Not only were the Indians merciless racist savages, they were also not unlike devious muslim terrorists. You may be familiar with the Indian massacre of 1622. Basically, the Indians entered a colony in Virginia with food to sell. Once inside the colonist's homes they grabbed any weapon they could find and killed 347 men, women, and children.

The Indians are lucky we didn't kill them all after an attack like that.

In my 15+ years at this site I've seen some ignorant bigoted posts.

This ranks within the top 3.

:nuts:

Natural Selection

In my 15+ years at this site I've seen some ignorant bigoted posts.

This ranks within the top 3.

:nuts:

Where am I wrong? What am I ignorant of?

Ladybird

Hundreds of years ago some Native Americans resisted colonization, brutally in some cases, so they were then and still are all racists?

Edited by Ladybird

Natural Selection

Hundreds of years ago some Native Americans resisted colonization, brutally in some cases, they were then and still are all racists?

Those on the left claim we are racists for trying to stop unwelcome immigration.

By that logic, native Americans were racist for trying to stop unwelcome immigration.